Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:50 AM   #1906  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

I've lost the plot last week and this week. You'd think gaining a kilo back last week would have pushed me into good choices this week, but no... eating crap, not exercising, and lost all motivation. I am dreading putting back on MORE weight this week. This is my first serious slump since starting in November, and it's scary how fast you can switch from on-the-ball to off-the-track!!

Argghhh..
Old 05-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #1907  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Renny Sue, I have lost 30kgs since I started the journey 18mths ago...although for the last six to eight months my weight has been hovering around the 82kg mark!

OK Ani, I am in!

Not sure about the measuring thing though! I know that if I want to look like I have lost weight I will just pull the tape tighter around my parts!

Besides, I have never really focused on measurements so I have no idea what to aim for so far as a goal in measurements is concerned. I am happy to watch it though. So what bits are we measuring?

My Plan:

Timeframe: eight weeks (for now)

Start weight: 83kg - Goal: 79kg (4kg)
Start measurements: TBA
Current activity: Walking!!!!! (Or anything that involves putting one foot ahead of the other!) Goal: 10,000 steps a day!!
Planned weekly loss: 0.5kg
Daily calories allowed: 1500

How's that look Ani?

The community here has started up a venture to encourage people to get out and walk more. They provide you with a pedometer and tell you to walk, walk, walk! It is an eight week venture and is open to individuals and teams with prizes for the best effort from a team and an individual. On top of counting up your step each day, the committee will organise community walks each weekend for participating individuals and teams!

I have signed up to a team made up from a small group of people from work. So I will see if that can motivate me a little more! It starts at the end of May and I think I am looking forward to do it!

Oh and by the way Ani! I went to print that pic of Mum and her all too familiar words "You'll get fat!" and the printer ran out of ink. So I replaced the cartridges and started over and for some reason the paper decided to screw up inside the printer and make a **** of a mess (not to mention the noise)!! It took me a good half hour to sort it out and get it going again...but I decided not to try printing the pic again! I began to think that maybe you are right and it might have a negetive effect on me...she near stuffed up my printer, I am not going to let her screw up my weight-loss!!!

Ok, it's off to work again! Have a good day ladies
Old 05-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #1908  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Ok...I come to confess. Yesterday, I ate:

2minute noodles (not that bad) then
2 blocks of chocolate (the new kitkat one and aero)
Farmers Union iced coffee
2 ham sandwiches
3 chocolate bars (2 cherry ripes and a flake)
a can of coke and
a doughnut and a glass of pepsi

um...ooops?

Maybe I should start focussing on food again. Maybe not weight loss, just HEALTHY eating. The weight loss should come with that, hopefully. I had a date to go back to the gym tonight, but I've been called into work, and hours are like rocking horse siht at the moment!

Talk soon

Kylie

Last edited by Elerine; 05-09-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #1909  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Lindor that community effort sounds great.

With everyones talk about gyms and personal trainers and team efforts - I've just looked into gym membership here and it will cost $24.50 a fortnight + $55 one time only registration fee for a fitness assessment and instruction on the equipment. $29.50 per half hour (ouch) for a PT

BUT I also found at the same gym they have a program going one for the pinkies and one for the blues. It will cost $26 a fortnight. In the owrds of the brochure -

The Men’s and Women’s Health Programs are designed to combine health education and physical activity to bring about beneficial lifestyle changes. The recreation and Aquatic Centre, in partnership with Community Health, run health programs at the Centre on a regular basis.

Participants undergo a Fitness Assessment and are given an individual exercise program to follow for three months;
Participants attend a weekly meeting where a guest speaker gives a presentation on a given health topic, eg cardiovascular disease, nutrition, cancer, etc;
Participants attend a group activity session following the health presentation, eg Walking, Aquarobics, Tai Chi, Gentle Aerobics, Table Tennis, etc.

Sounds ok to me for a start. The perhaps after the program armed with more knowledge I can develop my own schedule.

Vonni
Old 05-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #1910  

Vonni, wait until it's almost the end of the month (they have membership targets they need to make by the end of the month), and see if they will waive their one-off admin fee.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:10 AM   #1911  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Lindor, I'm going to start our new challenge on Monday. I've been struggling with my back the last few days, and been eating the wrong kind of food. I'm scared to think what Monday's weigh-in might reveal…

But I'm determined to get back into it, and get the next few kilos off.

What plans have you got for the weekend?

How is everyone else going this week? Seems a little quiet in here.

Ani
Old 05-11-2007, 06:25 AM   #1912  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

I lost .7kg this week! (which takes me to 118kg EXACTLY! DAMN IT! I want my ticker to move!) I also had a fantastic workout tonight. Friday's are dead at my gym, so its nice to be able to finish my workout for once!

My arm is a lot better. I'm doing a LOT of stretching, and have dialed way back on the upper body weights. Hopefully this will go and it will only make it stronger (yay for softball next season!)
Old 05-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #1913  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

hi people, still alive and kicking on this side of the ditch.
Perth chick that back sounds very painful, i did the same thing about 5/6 yrs ago and fell into the bath, cracked three bits and now have osto, make sure you get proper attention to it now . I thought it was just old age until I had a xray lol.

7senuf, sounds like a good gym,and a good price, I go to one that costs me $360 a yr, and that gives me a choice of 7 run by the local council that I can go to.Which includes sauna's, steamrooms, spa's, swimming pools, etc.
No PT's you just call one of the staff and ask them if you are doing things the right way.and they make up a programme for you.

lindor, that sounds great as well, very surprizing what you find out there if we really look.

I am thinking, (just thinking) at this time, to try and have a run around the football field across the road, maybe get some of these kids out to go with me.Will give the neighbours something to laugh at for the day.

As for the weight, jumped on the scales yesterday and was at 80.5. but that was before my major munch out last nite.( Hangs head in shame)
Well better get off my butt and go clean house.
Will let you's know if I make it around the field or the kids have to carry me home lol
be good
Mary
Old 05-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #1914  

Ani! Monday sounds great!!

I've been verrrrry naughty this week!!!

So I am not going to sit here and get upset talking about plans for food exercise and water for the next two days!!

This weekend, I need to tidy this unit up! I have also been very lazy!

I might also mow my mothers lawn, seeings I am now 'watching' their house and tending to their cat for the next three months! Haven't used a lawn mower since leaving my house back in December!! Having said that though, my knee is very sore this morning, I think I might have twisted it while carrying three large bundles of newspapers yesterday! Going to try to pretent it isn't sore though

I hope at least one of you has something a little more exciting than mine, planned for the weekend

Have a good one ladies!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #1915  

OK - Monday it is!

I don't have too many plans for the weekend. I need to clean this house today - haven't been able to do much in the way of domestics since I hurt my back, and the place is disgusting!

Tomorrow I'm going to the football (Fremantle v Hawthorn).

I'm going to try and go for a walk this morning - just to see if I can. I haven't been able to really walk all week, and I reckon I've put weight on again.

But I'm not going to get down or frustrated about it. Much better to fix it now, when I only have an extra kilo or so to lose, than to give up and gain weight again. That isn't going to happen.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Ani
Old 05-12-2007, 06:18 AM   #1916  

Well I tried to be good today!

I saw on one of those evening current affair shows (today tonight or ACA) that nuts are good for you for many reasons including helping to lose weight, lower cholesterol, etc! But, once there is salt on them the qualities are no longer there, so instead of the salted almonds or the smoked almonds I went for the chocolate coated ones!! Was I good or what???

Just as well we aren't starting this challenge until Monday

Managed to clean the unit today, so I am in a good mood
Old 05-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #1917  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Happy Mother's day to all the mums today!!

Liam is at his dad's and should be home within the hour - I sure have missed him! This week I have pigged out - I went to a party last night and I am cooking today for a mother's day lunch at my sister's. There will be a tossed salad but apart from that - the rest will be high calorie yummy food - dont expect a loss this week from me.

On the positive breaking down our goal into smaller goals and monitoring our measurements and activity rates is a good idea - I will post my goals tonight.

Have a great day - catch up with everyone later tonight!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #1918  

Happy Mother's Day to all you mums

I'm very pleased to be able to report that I WALKED yesterday - a little slowly, but I managed an hour, and my back didn't suffer for the effort. Woo hoo!!

I'm going for a walk this morning, then I'm catching the train up to Subiaco and spending the afternoon being a feral at the footy. It's a rare treat for me to actually go, but a friend (who is a Fremantle Dockers member) is taking me… so it's free!

I'm excited about our challenge starting tomorrow - I'm feeling really motivated to work my way through the next 10kg, and take my weight loss to a different level.

Sometimes I think we get so focussed on the fact that we have *a lot* of weight to lose, and we forget to be proud of what we have achieved. Every kilo we lose is a reason to be proud!

I'm not really expecting to lose any weight this week - too many days of not exercising, and being slack with food choices, but next week will be a different story.

Lindor, I'm glad you're getting good, sensible nutrition advice from trash TV . But they are right about the nuts - and I'm glad you are making nuts your friend, instead of fighting your desire for them! I eat a small serve of almonds with breakfast every single day - and with zero guilt.

How's your weekend going? Are you ready for tomorrow's challenge?

Ani
Old 05-13-2007, 06:05 AM   #1919  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

hey everyone

It turns out that I am hovering around 87kg even. That's not bad, considering a) I'm not trying to lose weight atm, and b) my start weight was 94kg. I know it's not great, but I'm in a better position than I was when I started.

I am going back to the doc tomorrow, I am going to see if I can get medication or something because I can't function. It is so incredibly hard to do anything.

"His" hearing is tomorrow. He has to enter a plea of guilty/not guilty. We all know what he's going to say, but we are hoping for guilty, because that will make it so much easier on my sister. If he doesn't she'll have to go to trial and testify. (remembering she's 12).

Just an update for y'all.

Kylie
Old 05-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #1920  

Fingers crossed that your sister has the minimum amount of trauma, Kylie.

Have you tried a counsellor? I know for me, I had to get onto medication to even have the desire or energy to go to a counsellor...
Closed Thread