Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 06:41 AM   #1531  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Haha... I wouldn't go that far!

I hope you're right about the cheap wine! I don't think stopping smoking has affected the eating, more just a bunch of social things in a row - I think i made the best food choices I could, but I just had too much wine and not enough water.

Never mind, I'm not too worried. I have dropped my calorie target from 1550 to 1400 though. My goal for the next week's exercise is to expend 500 calories/day - that's about an hour's worth. Also got a pedometer, so I can start tracking steps. It's hard to get to 10K!!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:42 AM   #1532  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Hey Y'all
Guess what guess what..... I had NO CHOCOLATE today
I only managed to drink a litre of water though due to being so flat out at work hardly a moment to bring the bottle to my lips. My menu for today...

breakfast - 1 1/2 weet-bix with low fat warm milk & a coffee (2sm)
lunch -a bowl fo fresh homemade fruit salad with a tablespoon of lite cream that i finished off at arvo smoko
morning smoko - cup of tea, and a munchable bikky and cheese thing.
dinner - 1 english sausage, a 3/4 cup of mashed taty, 1/2 cup mixed frozen veg (cooked of cause)
Will be having a cup of de-caf tea later for a nightcap.
But at the moment i am feeling a little peckish but will not give in

Leeny no I don't have loads of energy, i think i just keep going on adrenalin. I'm often moody and I get crabby soooooo easy, just ask DH and kids. I think I have permanent pms. Thats my excuse anyho & I'm stickin to it

Ani how old are your kittys? We went to the pet shop y/day & I fell for a little tabby boy. Silly me bought it home & my Himalayan Persion 'Snoopy' decided it was not on. He hissed and growled and carried on & snobbed me something bad. He will always be my baby so back to the pet shop went the kitty. I checked with them before I bought it if I could take it back if Snoopy had a hissy fit lol. They were cool with it. I also have a 12 year old dog, and she can't c very well so barks at anything that rustles in the breeze. So I definately know she's alive & don't need to check her in the morn like Leeny does hers lol. Don't know where I'd be without her though, she's a little love.

Barb, good to see you back. Them gremlins sure are giving you a hard time lol. I got what u were saying but, just read between the lines... (or the *&@ND)

Gen, yeah as Ani says.. hows the quitter going?

Lindor, not hiding, just sitting quietly in background heehee. I'm sure you could all use a rest from my ramblings. Gosh u have been going sooo great with your calories and water. Also, what are stepups?

If I missed anyone, sorry

Me - I weighed today not happy I haven't lost weight this week. But at least no gain either. I guess I am just one of those people that can't even indulge a tiny bit. All I did different this week was - no walks, a kit kat, kfc once and hot chips once. So it's either no treats or if i do, walk twice as long that day.

Hopefully will have a better week this week. Catch u all soon
VONNI
Old 03-12-2007, 06:59 AM   #1533  

Still quit

Vonni, please don't buy a kittie at a pet shop if you get another one. They breed them so irresponsibly, and look after them so poorly. You're much better (and so are the kitties) if you get one from a shelter litter or similar humane society. I volunteer at one though, so I'm biased. We get gorgeous little creatures!

I know how you feel on the slow loss with a slip up - this is the first week in 3.5 MONTHS that I've drunk alcohol, and voila, gain! Heh. Then again, it was a lot of alcohol....
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 AM   #1534  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

I'm baaa-aack!

Well, this is just a quick drop in to say that I survived the weekend at the inlaws. *Sigh* I tried really hard to stick to the plan but its hard when MIL serves up a nice hot dinner of exactly everything I'm not supposed to eat! BUT, I will not be ungrateful for a home cooked meal.

I will be back tomorrow to fill you all in on everything - will also weigh tomorrow morning.

Glad to hear you are all still kicking!

Kylie
Old 03-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #1535  
It's ME!

Hi ladies

I'm back and feeling much better. I think I just needed a few days out to relax.

Yesterday was extra busy at work and I felt great at the end of the day for getting so much done. Hit the gym too for my first workout since I've fired my trainers and if I do say so myself, I kicked ***!! Had a really hard session and felt great afterwards.

It's always great logging on here and seeing you all doing so well - very inspirational! I was reading an Oprah magazine last night and there was a big article about blogging your weight off. This website was the first one mentioned and I totally agree that the community spirit is a major help in this journey.

All the best, Julia
Old 03-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #1536  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Morning!

A quick one as some fool for got to set her alarm clock this morning!!

Good to hear from Leeny! Always rush, rush, rush for you! But you sound happy and content with that life. Don't stress over a few bad dieting days. You know you can get up again from them.

Barb - gremlins and all! Good to hear from you too. Hope you can find the motivation to go on soon. Because you are so worth it and deserve to be happy with yourself just as much as the next person.
How about just starting with an evening walk each day? I lost my first 15kg without exercise at all, it was more from diet and portion control. And many years ago, I lost about 15kg (that I regained!) just from doing a newspaper delivery round. That involved and hour walk twice a day (lugging a sack full of papers of course). During that time there was no dieting - I wasn't even trying to lose weight - I was too young to care

I guess what I am saying is, just one change, like an evening walk everyday, could help get the ball rolling and once you see some changes from that then you might have the motivation to push harder. Besides, a good walk can help clear the head, give you some time alone, and some time to think things through too.

Don't give up mate

Vonni!!! No chocolate? Are you ok? No serious withdrawal symptoms?

Well done! I am proud to say I have spent the night in the same house as a large packet of chocolate biscuits...and both of us have come through unharmed!

And!!!!! The nuts are still unopened on my kitchen bench!!!

The chocolate biscuits are for an afternoon tea at work today - now that might be a challenge for me. But I am feeling confident that I can be good and not make a pig of myself

Now Ani! Your computer goes to hospital today? I hope we are not without you for too long? Well done on your 0.6kg drop yesterday! I always smile when I see a drop from you after all those weeks of struggling

Yesterday was no different for me than last week. Ate just under 1400cals, drank 2.5L and 20mins of step ups. BTW Vonni, step ups are stepping up onto and object - I use a small set of steps or an empty milk crate depending on how I feel - and stepping down again.

I am hoping today I will be just as good

Alright, I gotta run!

Have a good day all!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:59 AM   #1537  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

A really quick one from me to let you know that I have managed to set up this antiquated computer here, and am back on-line. YAY! It's hard to get used to a smaller screen and an older operating system - but at least I'm not going to be in the cyber-wilderness for weeks

It's been a bad bad day sofar, but I have FINALLY finished my work - phew! - and can hopefully start to concentrate on packing and such.

I've been really naughty with food - didn't eat at all until 2.30pm, because I was stressed and my tummy was churning. And I didn't get any time to exercise today either.

But I'm off to get my flu jab in a minute, and I've decided that I am going to have a wonderful day from here on in.

Will drop back in tonight. Sorry I haven't replied to anyone - I have read all your posts, and I will try to be more sociable as this filthy mood leaves me.

Ani
Old 03-13-2007, 03:03 AM   #1538  

Finally the penny dropped and I realised my last few months of jaw clenching/grinding overnight, sore jaws in the morning, and headaches are due to my antidepressant medication. Meant to be a very small occurrence (0.1-1.0%), so yay, lucky me! Now also on an anti-anxiety med to try and relax the jaw muscles, since the antidepressant is working so well for the depression.

4 days of work left.....hahahaaaaaaaaa!!! *Insert evil chuckle*. Lots of recruiters calling, and plenty of jobs around!! May start my own consulting company with just me, and contract myself out for much more moula. Although then I'd have to do BAS statements and books.. ick.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:00 AM   #1539  
Am I a senior too?

Was good again today Had weetbix, coffee, some stirfied veges and noodles for lunch and butter chicken for dinner but made with lean breast and lite cream. for snack i had leftover fruit salad (rockmelon, kiwi fruit, peach, grape and apple.) not much water oops.

Nice to hear u had a good time Kylie. What did u have to eat? Aren't "mum meals" great? I lost my mum 14yrs ago & to this day I miss her meals, and her boobie hugs lol. My partners mum cooks yummo though. I like her slow cooked steak (so not healthy slathered in butter), red cabbage with dutch cinnamon & boiled taty mix. Simple but so scrummy.

Gen good to hear u are on the ball with the ciggies. But bad news bout yr side effects with meds. Have you tried a natural relaxant for your jaw tension? What about a little lavender on yr pillow, or even some patchouli oil in water, dip a cloth and wipe over yr bedhead n side tables before bed. Even try essential oils in a vaporiser. It might be better than having more medication. Are you taking multi vitamins? Some have guarana in them which could be making your side effects more pronounced. Or B vitamins? Hope u get relief soon

WB littlekiwi and so great to hear u kicked *** with first training session as yr own 'boss' heehee. Hope it continues to go well.

Leeny. How'd things go at oncologist? Good news? I hope so. And did u jump back on the wagon?

I'm off to have some time with DH ready to watch All Saints. He's feeling neglected and is having lots of lately. Must be male menopause.

Take care all
Vonni xxx
Old 03-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #1540  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Hey girls -

So the diet went out the bloody window and splat on the concrete. Then the same truck that ran over Lindor's scales ran over it. *sigh*

Ok - so the rules are that I have the meal replacement shake for brekkie and dinner, with 150g chicken or 150g fish + green salad for lunch and 2L water /day. If I eat anything else, it slows down the process. So dinner was silverside, with potato, pumpkin, beans and white sauce. Normally, that would be spot on - its healthy and tasty, but it's like adding diesel to the fuel tank after the car's been converted to gas. It buggers everything up.

THEN - I really stuffed up things today. I was already feeling dodgy after the weekend's poor efforts, then a meeting I had this morning ran way over time, I came out of it with a million things to do in the hour I had left before I had to go to work, and another million things to do AFTER I finished work. So, of course, I solved that problem by eating a block of chocolate for lunch. *Smack*

So now I feel like crap. BUT bf was really lovely earlier, lots of hugs, and told me to slow down! ha! I don't have time to slow down! Anyway, I know tomorrow is a new day. I will make time to go to the gym in the morning (this morning's session became that meeting instead). Then its lectures, more meetings and work in the arvo.

Wow. Sorry to dump girls. I promise I'll come back bigger and better tomorrow. Wait - smaller and better? :P

PS I lost a kilo last week. (I don't even feel like I deserve that).

Kylie
Old 03-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #1541  
It's ME!

Oh Kylie, please try not to be so hard on yourself. You've been doing really well and when you remember that this is a lifelong journey it would be totally unreasonable to think that you'll be 100% behaved every day. Just remember that each day is a fresh start, some days will be better than others but it's a long term change that we're aiming for.

I had another really good session at the gym last night. When I packed my gym gear in the morning I took a deep breath and packed a tight fitting singlet that I'd bought about 4 years ago but have never felt confident enough to wear to the gym. Although I haven't really lost any weight, my body must be changing because I actually didn't have as much fat rolling around under it as I used to!!

Today my triceps are SUPER sore, and when I walk I can feel the muscles in my bum,thighs and hamstrings and it's actually a pretty good feeling, knowing that I've had a good workout.

Unfortunately the roll can't continue this week as tomorrow morning I go away for work for 3 days and won't have time to do anything other than work. Will aim to get back into it hard and strong next week though!

Keep it up ladies, great work!!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #1542  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Morning all!

First thing I am going to say is...the nuts are gone! And I miss them

Then, other than eating more than I should (don't ask me to calculate as I can't recall how much party junk I ate at the work afternoon tea yesterday) I still drank my 2.5L of water and I still did my step ups.

Ani, I really hope your day and mood improved.

Don't worry about the over eating yesterday now, that was yesterday. And besides if you hadn't eaten prior to 2.30pm I'd imagine you were starving anyway! I think even the best of us would have over done it under similar circumstances! You can only do your best...which you have been doing since day one without fail. Try and stay positive mate, and not just with the weight loss, but with the move and everything else.

Vonni, well done on another good day

Kylie, you lost a kilo anyway, what are you complaining about!

It was said further up there I think, that there are going to be times - like family visits etc - when you are going to eat too much. Those days are ok, occasionally. It is when we make it a habit of over eating too often that it becomes a problem. You're doing just fine girl! Keep it up ok!

And listen to bf!! And find some 'me' time and slow down!!!

LittleKiwi! Well done with the gym work! I have learned to like the feeling of sore muscles too, there is a satisfaction in it that says we have done it right I think. Enjoy your three days away - even though it is for work.

There are no morning or afternoon teas around me today, so it should be another good day for me! Hope it is a good one for everyone else too
Old 03-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #1543  
Am I a senior too?

Nuts? the NUTS? Where are they gone? To the afternoon tea? Or to Lindors belly? heehee. U left it wide open for debate on this one. In the words of an 'infamous' woman - "Please Explain"

hey Littlekiwi thats right yr a travel agaent hey? My DH & I are saving to go NZ early next year. SO far have $140 lol. BUT we will get there. DH has never flown so I was going to give him a flight to Melbourne & a V8 racing experience this year for birthday but decided to travel NZ instead. DH loves trains & I love boats so we are going to make sure we catch ferry from Wellington (food glorious food) to Picton then train it to Christchurch (I want to go on Gondola) Not sure what route yet. The most beautiful, but it all looks great on the net. But he wants to see the Rotorua area as well so I just have to figure out which is first lol. Going from one end to the other it looks like. Doing it all myself as travel agents here just don't get it. They wanna throw something extra in or make us detour from what we want to do.

Kylie I have a shovel if you wanna borrow it to scrape the diet back up Never ind. Today is another day. And congrats on yr loss. Sounds weird hey... congratulating someone on their loss.

Anywho must bolt. Was only popping on to read but ended up prattling again anyway. Gotta go see to sick 6yr old. Just the flu, and my kids really are painful when they have a cold.

Vonni
Old 03-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #1544  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I'm feeling almost human today. Yesterday was really stressful and after I came back from getting my flu jab I turned into a bit of a zombie… so overtired I couldn't move. I didn't exercise at all, and I ended up eating around 1300 calories for the day.

Still really fatigued this morning, but I'm going for a walk as soon as I finish this coffee, and then I'm going to start to pack. I have a couple of hours work to do at some point - but I'm not even going to think about that now.

It's great to hear that everyone is doing well - nuts and all . Lindor I don't think one 'party food' moment is anything to feel bad about. Not in the context of ALL the good things you're doing for yourself.

I have to run - well, walk actually. I'm sorry I'm being a bit anti-social at the moment. It isn't deliberate - I'm just feeling distracted and a bit stressed because I have to pack up my house for the next few days.

Ani
Old 03-13-2007, 07:23 PM   #1545  

Height: 5'5"

I have no idea what happens to my posts!!

I weighed this morning and I'm down from 93.1 to 92.4, a loss of 700g. If I can keep that up till December I'll be at my goal weight of 67/68kg. Thats the plan anyway!

I go to the gym usually 5 days a week and walk my kids to school, weather permitting! I'm not one to sit around all day and do nothing, I've always got something to do, so as far as the exercise is concerned I think I'm doing enough. Yesterday I went for a walk that I never thought I could do, up this massive hill, along a soft sandy path, then back again. Even the way home wasn't totally down hill!! This morning I have the sore muscle satisfaction happening! My knee's not very happy though!

I don't want to start counting calories and weighing my food again. I want this to be a normal part of life, so my plan is to eat good food and not overindulge.

Closed Thread