Old 01-26-2006, 08:32 PM   #286  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

chai, "running on fumes?!?" Heh, you ain't drinking yourself silly there now, are you?

tia, good for you for getting in the water! You can do it with the walking, up and at 'em!!! Not clear on what the induction challenge is all about. Care to elaborate?

Others, at work now...can't go back...will post either tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how the evening unrolls....
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #287  
Never give up

Oh, and ees, zoe, glad to see you back! Ees, I put out some calls for you...got no reply...thought you had hit the road...glad you're back and I'll write more later!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:41 PM   #288  
yey its me

S/C/G: 330/330/170

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Eek!

OK so i did my challenge today but with little to no entuisasim. I am wanning. I didnt drink as much water today as i did something carbonated. I am just soo tired of not seeing any results, its really brining me down. I dont wanna be this fat anymore. I want something notacbile to change... why am i doing all this work to not see anything at all
freakybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:21 PM   #289  
Never give up

freaky, I know it's tough, but if you're just changing one thing in your life you are very likely NOT to see results....but you gotta start somewhere. Until you change the calories in, calories out equation you probably won't see the fat coming off. If you're that bothered by the fat now then try to reduce your food as well. Otherwise, realize that your acquiring new habits such as exercising and drinking water and such will help you in the long run. Sure, it's not fun and the results are not obvious but in the long run it will help you. I play the piano and I am always wanting to rush in and play this superhard piece because it is so pretty or cool or whatever but what happens more often than not is that I get discouraged because I can't play it and give up. The problem is is the reason I get discouraged is because I'm not taking the time to play the "boring" easier pieces that would move be closer to being able to take on a harder piece with ease. In any case, giving up just points you in the same place AND you will STILL be unhappy with your weight. Calm down and be patient and, most importantly, be honest with yourself about the work it's going to take to get the fat off. You had your fun getting where you are. Now work it off and you'll have a different type of fun later!!! Hang in there kid!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:28 PM   #290  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

day umm 8 i think... COMPLETED !!!!
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:14 PM   #291  

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballoon
chai, "running on fumes?!?" Heh, you ain't drinking yourself silly there now, are you?

tia, good for you for getting in the water! You can do it with the walking, up and at 'em!!! Not clear on what the induction challenge is all about. Care to elaborate?

Others, at work now...can't go back...will post either tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how the evening unrolls....

Thank you. I just finished the WATP challenge and to explain the induction challenge, I am following the Atkins Nutritional Approach. I am limited to 20 grams of carbs for 2 weeks. I am going for 3 weeks since that is the basis of the challenge. I am out of sugar withdrawal and feeling great!!! Even if I don't lose much weight, I feel so much better.
tiajuanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:18 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

First of all I must say freakybella, I love your new picture.
I just wish I had some where I looked nice, mostly my hair is all over the place, because I am dancing or moving or whatever.
But some day I will show you my before and afters....and let you guess which one is which.
Glad to see everyone is doing very good on their challenges. Weekend is just around the corner and I found that it's the harders time to keep on track. So many things go on, and if one does not fall into place, exercise is the first thing which gets pushed for me. I made a serious effort last week to work out, knowing that I will need pause days, so I only used one for Saturday. Now I know it was not the smarterst move. I will be traveling this week on business and I will have to workout both days Saturday and Sunday, because I won't have time on the time I fly back. I will be so proud of myself if I complete this challenge.
I counted today that I've been doing these 3 since 1st of the month, and all and all I've had 5 pause days in 26 calendar days...If only I did not do 4 of them in a row I'd be done with my challenge, but I think that's why 21 days for forming a habit works, in reality you are doing it slightly more than 21, because you are learning first to be dillegent!
Today was an abolustely terrible day for me. I have LOTS of work to do, and it was all due tonight before end of the day. Two separate projects, lost of people overseas are depending on me. And I failed, I could not bring myself to work on them full force. I was nervous, hesitant, could not concentrate...and wanted to eat. Choicewise I had steak (by itself) with salad, and then a bottle (20oz) of greentea with honey...not good carbswise. Sat at work till 8pm did not go to the gym after work, instead went to the sauna. Walked out of their at 11, and yes yes yes!!! headed to the gym. Worked out for an hour, and now I am home ready to do 6hours worth of work overnight....sad me..pathetic, but that's my punishment for being lazy.
So here are the stats.

A: Food (3-1) -Day 10 (Jan. 26) Done
B: H2O (3) - Day 11 (Jan. 26) Done
C: Gym (3-1) - Day 10 (Jan. 26) Worked out at the gym. Sauna.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:11 AM   #293  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Day 21 done for both challenges. That's it for a while. I'll just sit and sulk on the sidelines and cheer you lot on with your challenges and trials. Good luck to all.

Maybe if I sweep under the bed or clear out the cupboards I might find that lost motivation, who knows.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:08 AM   #294  

Good morning all. Just a quick morning post.

After much deliberation , I decided I did not need to use a pause day for yesterday. The goal was to follow my menu, and chef salads are on my menu - many time in fact. So I simply shuffled days and switched the omelet I was planning on last night with a chef salad I was going to have next week.

I think the huge thing is that I had a friend over and we didn't just go for pizza, we ate HEALTHY And we even decided to have a spinach salad for the main course when we get together in a few weeks to watch Westminster. For me, this is huge.

Now, since she was over late trying to fix my 'puter, whether or not I stay awake long enough to get to the gym is an entirely different matter . . .

Have a good day all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:06 AM   #295  

Default Yawn!

Good morning everyone. I'll be restarting my AM challenge tomorrow. Day 2 is just waaay too soon to take a pause day. I woke up the first time this morning at 5:55 AM and thought to myself "yaay! I get to sleep some more". Then I woke up again at 6:45, but instead of getting out of bed, I rolled over and went BACK to sleep, so I didn't actually get out of bed until 7:30. Since my challenge is to actually be UP before 7, I don't think waking up and grumbling soemthing and then going back to sleep counts. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

Freaky - Hang in there! It's always discouraging when things don't change as quickly as we want them to, but you'll be so much more discouraged if you just give up and go back to the things you were doing before. Remember that weight loss is a marathon and not a sprint!!

Red - not those kind of fumes, silly!

Tia - good luck with the Atkins! I tried it a few years ago and had great success..until I got rebellious and went after the cake.

Oh well, I'm off to school!

Keep on Truckin!
Erin
chaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #296  
Cynical RedHead

Default Day Six Done!

Good morning all! I did a yoga dvd for my exercise last night (41 minutes). This one (Crunch Gym's "Fat Burning Yoga") is the hardest of the three yoga dvds I have. But I still was able to do most of the moves and eventually I will be able to get deeper into them.

Next week I will be in NYC two days, but I'll be staying in the client's corporate apartments in Manhattan. I *think* it's a gated community, but I'm not sure. It is allegedly a safe area in which to run, but if it continues to be below 30 degrees (farenheit) in the morning, I'm not going out in shorts! I know, wear sweat pants, but I have to fit gym clothes/shoes and work clothes/shoes into one carry on, and shorts and a sports bra take up much less room than a sweat suit. I will be working out regardless, but would like to run.

Chaigirl - keep at it! That would be an impossible challenge for me!

Eesabella! Welcome back!

Jolly Girl - that's the spirit - salads are much better than pizza!

Shad - I hope you don't stay gone forever ; go be sulky for a little while and then come back with the best challenge yet . And at least pop in to say hello.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:59 AM   #297  
yey its me

S/C/G: 330/330/170

Height: 5'5

lol guess i forgot to mention im on the weight watchers flex (points) diet also i was just having a day yesturday but its all better now. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR BEING SOO SUPORTIVE AND KICKING ME IN THE CAN also thanks to cbeta for liking my pic.
freakybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #298  
Have No Mercy--Focus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiajuanna
Thank you. I just finished the WATP challenge and to explain the induction challenge, I am following the Atkins Nutritional Approach. I am limited to 20 grams of carbs for 2 weeks. I am going for 3 weeks since that is the basis of the challenge. I am out of sugar withdrawal and feeling great!!! Even if I don't lose much weight, I feel so much better.
The first two weeks of Atkins is rough, but for being out of sugar withdrawl! I knew I was into the whole Atkins thing when I would look around and shudder at the amount of carbs people were consuming
KarlaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #299  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

S/C/G: 213/206.8/150

Default Day ONE!!!

Howdy howdy all! I just popped in to report on day ONE of my challenges! Hoowah!

First of all... do you all KNOW how guilty you make a lazy person feel?!?! LOL (Not ententionally I am sure) but DANG! the self induced pressure I was feeling yesterday.... the thought that I would have to come back here and say... "uh... nope... didn't do my challenges... " are you KIDDING ME?! NO WAY!!!! You guys a GOOOD motivators!

Ok... so I did my challenges! I thought all day ... " If I just drink this water I can post it! If I just drink this water I can post it!" Then I started feeling way lazy because I didn't get my workout in.... Until I read a post about On Demand having workouts! OH YEAH!!!!! let me tell ya.... a fatty like me doing belly dancing is NOT a good thing to see though... So... still on track and truckin along....

Hope all is good for you all too! uh... what is a WATP????

Apple: I have a 6yo girl too! She has a 3yo sister and a 10mo brother. Yeah... it's busy here but man... who doens't have trials in their life right?! Trust me... i felt like a single mother BEFORE my divorce too! The kids are wonderful though and you know how it is ... I wouldn't trade a minute of the junk if it meant I coulnd't have my babies.

JCT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:55 AM   #300  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaG
The first two weeks of Atkins is rough, but for being out of sugar withdrawl! I knew I was into the whole Atkins thing when I would look around and shudder at the amount of carbs people were consuming
I know! I know! My son asked me for a second apple the other day and I almost said no, lol. Talk about someone needing to get a grip on the anti-carb thingee,lol.

Anyways, Goodmorning all. I am well into my water challenge(Day 3) and done with the WATP challenge( Day 3), and still feeling good about the induction challenge( Day 2).

chaigirl: Maybe you can give me some pointers???

jolly girl: bet you feel great not using that pause day.

fishwoman: NYC, Oh my!!! How exciting!

freakybella: I like you picture too.

Jessica: WATP - Walk Away The Pounds. Leslie Sansone. I was trying to be hip.lol
tiajuanna is offline   Reply With Quote