Old 01-23-2006, 10:34 PM   #196  

Freaky, I second Apple's order and double it. I'm only a couple of years younger than Kiefer's father Donald, and remember K's debut in acting in a little Canadian film called The Bay Boy when he was about 14. ****, in my day they still taught spelling and punctuation and grammar in school!! Ah, the good old days... Get me my cane, would you dearie?? And my ear trumpet?
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:38 PM   #197  

Apple, if you PM me your email address, I'll send you photos of Lily. I still don't know how to resize them so I can post here, and don't want to bug Curly for help again when it's not absolutely necessary. BTW, she's the cat in my avatar. But when I get home I'll take some closeup shots of her ears and her cute little sawed-off tail and send them to you.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:20 PM   #198  
Exercise Queen

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballoon
I think Jake Plummer is handsome too though..
Ok I am willing to agree that Jake Plummer COULD be handsome. However he needs to clean up some. I'm all for the scruffy look, I mean Big Ben is rocking it, but JP looks like he doesn't shower. Scruffy is good, slovenly not so much.

I'm getting ready to start some new challenges, but it didn't happen today!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:25 PM   #199  

Is this challenge still on?
tiajuanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:00 AM   #200  

Tia, just go to the beginning of this thread to read the way the challenge works. You can start any time, you pick your own challenges, and the rules are in the first post of the thread.

The intent is to support each other in our goals. We are supposed to start our posts with a report on progress (such as: "Day 5, exercise goal covered.") followed by a little update on how it's going, what obstacles we've dealt with, and, if we wish, brief responses to other members' posts... Redballoon is our fearless leader (or drill sergeant on days we've been bad...).

So jump right in and participate! Newcomers are always welcome, as long as they can cope with our little gang of lunatics, ailurophiles, and lushes!

Old 01-24-2006, 01:36 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

A: Food (3-1) -Day 7 (Jan. 23) Done
B: H2O (3) - Day 8 (Jan. 23) Done
C: Gym (3-1) - Day 7 (Jan. 23) Worked out at the gym. Cardio and my free weights complex. Feels good!
I am tired and a little bit sore.
Yesterday eve weight was 257 right after workout...strangely enough today's morning was 259 :-( I was hoping to see like 255! Same story for today's eve weight 257, i just hope I see something lower tomorrow... I know it's stupid, but I feel like playing this game.
Me and my friend did not do my measurements today...we were both too tired. Tomorrow I am hoping.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:26 AM   #202  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

CARLA: i dont mind at all if u send e things to resize... only takes a few seconds.. and i dont mind at all.............. WHAT I do mind is that @@#$%^%^& scale never over 1300 calories ever and always exercise at least an hour a day and the dam thing moves up!!!

i have an appt. with the endocrinologist friday so i will see what he has to say ,, its so fustrating...
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:18 AM   #203  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Curly I so understand your frustration. I do the same. Always less than 1300 and plenty of exercise and no scale values.

Have you checked your water intake or the amount of salt in what you are eating. Salt causes water retention. Lack of water will not only give you dehydration but you may also find that you are retaining fluid in the ankles and wrists. This is what happens to me.

Day 18 is done. I had to go back to work out the day number. Strewth there is a lot of clucking going on on this thread.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:34 AM   #204  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

well water is not the culprit i drink at least 80 -120 oz a day .. i did see some good news this morning... since october i have lost

2" offmy thighs
3" off my waist
and another 2" off my hips so i am gettin smaller just not lighter lmao!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:28 AM   #205  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

just wanted to pop in and say good morning to everyone

Good Luck with your challenges today... may you all be successful !!
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:11 AM   #206  
Egy Kis Lany

Day one challenge complete!
(Recording food and then evaluating it the next day).

My big problem with yesterday's food is that I was so hungry by the time I got home (we had an extra extra-long meeting) that I ate the leftover meatloaf by inhalation. After that, instead of heating up some veggies and taking it slow, I heated up a frozen meal and ate that. For dessert? A veggie corndog. So a bit overload on the protein... my saving grace is that I added some spinach to the frozen meal (it was a lasagne noodle thing), so at least there was some green. Hm. I also drank some OJ straight from the carton.

Today I didn't bring lunch (I didn't cook supper last night, as you all can see), but I hope to be smart in the cafeteria today.

*yawn*
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:44 AM   #207  

Darn it Curly, I thought things were moving in the right direction! What a bummer. But those lost inches mean a lot more in the grand scheme. Maybe you've been replacing fluffy fat with mighty muscle, and actually are just wasting (or perhaps waisting) away?

I think I'm building a big gain for next week: too many goodies here, including sweets at every coffee break. I really didn't need the 7 cookies at coffee yesterday, or the wine while I watched the election results... And I'm still here for another 4 days of misbehaving. I seem to have left any willpower I ever had back home.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #208  

Good morning!
Day 2 exercise done, no I'm sure it's day 3, jogged on Sat, jogged on sun, walked and step video yesterday.
Day 7 NO BEER One week already.
I just realized that I won't complete the challenge by the SuperBowl..it will have to be my last pause day....
Looking ahead to new challenges...the next one will be hard core serious weight loss! I will challenge myself to stay on a diet!!!!
Jolly, I can also relate to making your self sick from whaat you eat. (All you lushes:Hangovers don't count, right? ) I over indulged on chocolate a few days ago and it's really messed up the tubes.
Funny thing about Long Island and NY. To me, if you say you are from Long Island you are from either Nassau or Suffolk counties. Even though Queens and Brooklyn are technically on Long Island, they are part of NYC, so that is where you are! I don't even know if other New Yorkers feel that way. It could be one of my own territorial peeves. My roommate from college is from Queens, but she'd say she's from LI and I'd always get in an argument with her about it.
OK enough I'm off!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #209  
yey its me

S/C/G: 330/330/170

Height: 5'5

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla49
Freaky, I second Apple's order and double it. I'm only a couple of years younger than Kiefer's father Donald, and remember K's debut in acting in a little Canadian film called The Bay Boy when he was about 14. ****, in my day they still taught spelling and punctuation and grammar in school!! Ah, the good old days... Get me my cane, would you dearie?? And my ear trumpet?
ah!! now where making fun of my typing and spelling horrors and just cuz hes my father figere as george micheal wrote a song about once apon a time a go hes still the hottest thing next to johnny depp. SOOOOO sexy hehe and btw if i was 10 years older i would love me some donald southerland

but the things i would do to keifer
freakybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:51 PM   #210  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Good morning.

10 min stationary biking and no sweets challenge done as of Monday evening!
Day 16 done for fruit challenge and Day 15 done for exercises as well.

And ummm... I have a new challenge! Something totally unexpected, even for myself - given that I managed to overeat during the last 2-3 days, I'm worried that this might become a trend and inhibit my weight loss. So I'm challenging myself to post what I eat each day, and hopefully that will keep me on track! I'll make this a level 1 challenge.

Cheers!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote