Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 11:14 PM   #541  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffnvegas
If you are interested here are my pictures for the cruise including pictures of those new dresses I bought. .

I watched both slideshows and really enjoyed the photos - these are all places I have never been. The color of the water is beautiful. You looked great in the outfits - I liked the sparklie one especially.

Hyacinth
Old 02-12-2006, 11:48 PM   #542  

WELCOME ITSFOR ME!! - I'm new too. Everyone on this thread is so supportive and motivational - even when we slip. I'm still in San diego but will post more and catch up when I return on Wednesday.

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 02-13-2006, 03:53 AM   #543  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Itsforme, we're all happy to have you in our group.

back Lisa, looks like you've had a great time. Don't worry about your weight gain, it will come off again.

for the compliments on my home.
Gail ~ I never really had the time to get homesick, because we decided to keep the modest condo that I bought when I was single and still in the workforce as our second home until 2 years ago, when we decided that we'd rather have a second home somewhere warm in Europe.

Bunti ~ We've been living by the beach for 12 years now, we had a house in the suburbs before.

Cheryl ~ yes, we love it here. Not everyone likes to live in the countryside, some likes the hustle and bustle of big cities ~ I used to, until I experienced the great feeling of breathing clean, fresh, air.

Jill ~ about the "tickle"; Paul McKenna an english hypnotist (quite big in UK re weight loss programs, he is even on TV) says that there are 10 levels of hunger, and we should only eat at level 3 if we want to lose weight. He is actually good really, and on the days that I don't listen to his tapes then I do really badly on my diet efforts. They have a thread about him on the UK Fat Chicks section.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 02-13-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:57 AM   #544  
itsforme

S/C/G: 189/174/140

Thank you one and all! Glad to be here and look forward to traveling down this road together!
Old 02-13-2006, 08:15 AM   #545  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone! I had to work the weekend so didn't get a chance to check in intill this morning! I had fun reading all the posts and it's so good to see evey one so active in the site! You can always find some one here to talk to and give encouragement when that is needed!

Today is my weigh in day and I am reporting that I now weight 120! WOO HOO! I am getting into my size 6 pants. Ok, they are a little tight still, but I still have some more to lose! I don't know how much more I want to lose. I want to fit into my clothes with comfort. For me that means loose! I will play it by ear from here! I don't know if that means 3 pounds or 5. I will know when I get there. I don't want to lose down so much that the 6's are too big and I have to try for a smaller size.

itsforme! I know you will like this site! Such a great bunch of supportive people! And, age is just a number!

Lisa, glad to have you back! The cruise looked like so much fun! The pictures were great! And the dresses were beautiful!

ELYN, What a beautiul place to live! Looks like a vacation spot you get to enjoy every day!

Everyone have a great day, Freda
Old 02-13-2006, 08:42 AM   #546  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Good Morning Everyone! Welcome Itsforme!

Lisa....I watched your cruise slide show and felt like I was there! Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventure with us!! Don't worry about the 3.5 lbs....actually, that's not too bad for a week of total indulgence! You and Tom look awesome in the pics....and I really loved the blue sparkly dress!!

Elyn....I've been meaning to tell you how wonderful your home is....and the location is to die for! How beautiful! How far are you from shopping?

Freda....you are doing so well....so close to your goal!!! We'll be with you to stick with it!!!

28 here in sunny central Florida this morning....a record for us! But here's the good news; it will be close to 80 by Thursday. YAY!!

I usually weigh in today....but am not feeling like a loss is on the scale, so I'm going to wait a couple of days Back to Pilates today and am also going to watch a DVD I got with one of those big exercise balls. I've had it for a while but have never used it. I actually bought it to sit on when I was having severe sciatica. That God that's gone....it took months for it to go away.

Cheryl....good job on the good weekend!!

Has anyone tried Cheryl's brownie recipe? I may try it today
Old 02-13-2006, 09:03 AM   #547  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

WOW Freda, 120 pounds and size 6 pants

That is actually my ultimate goal for this year to be a size 6 again in 2006, which means I actually have to weigh 110-115 (4'11"), but I'm not so sure if that would be attainable, so I was aiming to reach 120 and work from there.
Have really got to work harder. You are an inspiration, even though you never really needed to lose as much weight as the rest of us.

Jill ~ there is 15 minutes drive to a smaller city, 40 mintues to a moderately bigger city, and an hour to a big city. Which is not bad really since back home I had 1 hr drive to Palm Beach and almost 1½hr to Lauderdale.

I caught my husbands cold, so I haven't been exercising the past 3 days ~ I'm giving my old body some rest. I hope this will not be a huge set back for me.

Congratulations to everyone who have lost weight, as well as to those who have been able to stay on track, and yet have gained a little or maintained.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 02-13-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #548  

Good morning to everyone

Monday's are my weigh in day and this morning I had lost 2.6 pounds. Yea! I'm coming to the end of the second week of my Atkins Induction, so it may be "water weight" but I don't care - it's gone and good riddance!

Hope everyone here has a good day!

Hy
Old 02-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #549  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back, Lisa. We missed you. All things considered (i.e., mostly all food considered), you did great. More importantly, you had a wonderful time. Always remember you are sooo much more than just a number on the scale. I enjoyed the pictures. My favourite is the black and white dress . . . looks mahvellous on you, darlink!

Good for you, Cheryl. Your version of "skinny cow" sounds great. Cool Whip is such a wonderful invention. I just discovered that the aerosol seems to have fewer calories and carbs than the tub for the same amount. More air I guess.

Freda, Freda, Freda . . . Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. You are an inspiration to us all. Size 6, oh my!

Hi . . . Hy! Any weight loss is a good weight loss . . .well unless it's because you're sick . . . you know what I mean. Keep it up, girl . . . and don't worry about where it came from (or where it went).

Well, it seems to have stopped snowing and the sun is actually trying to shine. Don't think we got too much actual snow although I haven't heard the final amount. As usual, the wind was the real problem. The schools are closed so it was more than just an inch or so.

Anyway, everybody, keep up the great work. We'll be seeing you soon,

Last edited by meowee; 02-13-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:21 PM   #550  

Weighed in today, and lost another 1/2 pound, which makes 9 pounds for the year. I'm losing pretty slowly this time, but I'm glad to have lost 1/2 pound with all the times I ate out last week.

Hyacinth Great job on your 2.6 pound loss; if I remember right, you're doing Adkins...which I could never do. I can't even eat an egg without toast!

Way, way back in 1972 I think, I tried the Stillman diet...does anyone remember that one? All protein, and when you're poor that means a lot of tuna, beans and eggs. I have tried a lot of wacky diets back in the day.

Lisa I'm glad you had a marvelous time on your cruise, and shared your pictures with us. I liked the sparkly dress, I think it was turquoise, but you looked great in all your pictures.

Slim me I can see now why you have that name...you skinny thing you! Good for you...120 pounds!

I didn't take notes, so I hope I remembered right who did what! And welcome to all the new ladies I haven't welcomed yet...I'm not keeping up with everyone like I should.

I do enjoy hearing the weather reports from different parts of the country...and the world. It's funny that what is freezing weather down in Florida is downright balmy in South Dakota! I lived in Florida for a time many years ago, and I remember all those "thinblooded" people who thought the upper 30's was such frigid weather!

I don't travel much at all so I am seeing the world through all your eyes!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #551  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hey Chicks!

Congrats to all the LOSERS this week! Looks like we're all on-track...even tho it seems so s-l-o-w sometimes

I'm so happy....I got to move my weight-tracker by a pound today!!!!! I'm pretty excited since I've been disappointed the last couple of weeks. It's slow....but it's happening, so I'm not complainin'.

Let's all try to stay away from the sweets today, Valentines....I'm going to try a recipe for sugar-free Fudge. I'll let you know how it comes out

Hope ya'll have a great day!
Old 02-14-2006, 11:09 AM   #552  

Height: 5'1"

Default hi

Happy valentines day everyone. Try not to eat too much of that vanentine day candy!

Yeah for Jill and Gail and HY, you big loosers!!

Jill, Good for you for getting back to pilates. Exercise is so important. I use the exercise ball too. It was recomended by the rehab team that I was working with for my back, which affected the siatiac nerve too. Not much fun is it? Let us know how that fudge turns out!

Girlie, I'm short too, just 5'1". Every pound on me looks like 10 on someone taller, but you know that already! I hope your cold is getting better. Don't worry about a set back. We're all going to have them from time to time. We just have to realize they are going to happen and deal with them and move on!

HY, Who cares what kind of weight loss it was!!! I'll take any kind I can get!

Linda, We were supposed to get a lot of snow here but didn't get much of an accumulation. I bet the kids there are happy that they got an extra day off from school. Or maybe not, since it's Valentines day. I know the kids have parties planned at school.

Gail, Have you made those brownies? I'm anxious to find out how they turned out. Chocolate is my weekenss (or one of them) and I love brownies. Guess I will have to breakdown and make them myself!

I am getting old and senile! I had to take my grandson to school this morning and I forgot his lunch! I took his lunch pack but there was nothing in it. I had to come back home and take it back!

Have a great day! Freda
Old 02-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #553  

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope it is a great day, in all ways, for all of you!

Nope, no candy for me - that's my way of saying "I love you" to myself...

Hugs

Hyacinth
Old 02-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #554  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Happy Valentine's Day to everybody . . . and congratulations to everyone who had a victory . . . of either the "S" or "NS" kind.

Here's a little extra dose of for all of us hoping to overcome the chocolate today. Although, it isn't the chocolate, you know, it's the fat and sugar in the chocolate. If we could simply indulge in dry cocoa straight out of the tin, we wouldn't have a problem. Unfortunately, it isn't something I want to eat.

Anyway, good luck to all. Have a great day.

DON'T FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURE BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS FOREVER.

Last edited by meowee; 02-14-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:00 PM   #555  

Happy Valentines Day to all of you. Those of you that have sweeties, I hope he treated you nicely. I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers, very big surprise since Jim usually just gets me a card.

I had a very good day, stayed within my points, in fact I have points left over. Anyway, I made a pan of No Pudge brownies, cut the 8X8 pan into 16 servings. In a small dish, I add 1 TB of Lt Cherry Pie Filling, place the brownie on top, added 2 TB of Cherry filling and a dab of cool whip for a total of 3 points. I used the mint pudge,didn't have any vanilla yogurt, so I used chocolate strawberry. It was soooo gooood and rich tasting.

I didn't make my Valentines goal of 12 pounds, but I weighed myself this morning and I was down a pound. 9 pounds is still good, and I'm happy with that. New goal is 8 pounds by March 17th

Tomorrow is WW weigh in day, so I'll let you know. I need to catch up on reading the other post, had problems making a new tracker tonight, so this is short.

Cheryl
Closed Thread