Trying to get healthy in Canada - Page 16 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 03-01-2004, 09:40 AM   #226  

Good Morning everyone!

My trip to TO was so much fun!!! The weather was pefect! Walking to the bus yesterday to take us back to the airport was so nice, I only had on a sweater! It is so big there, trying to find something to use as a landmark to know where you are going is hard! The buildings are so tall! (Here you just need to look for the harbour )

I went WAY over on my points this weekend BUT walked four about 7 hours (Just on Saturday!) So if I end up gaining at least I'll have enjoyed doing it

We had such a good time, we're going back in May!!

Cheers,

M.
MeRoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 10:56 AM   #227  

MeRoMo,

I am glad you had fun in our wonderful city. If you were walking down Bay Street (as you mentioned the tall buildings) you probably walked right by my office. The weather was great!!!! Sure beats the -35 we had last month. I am sure all that walking helped.

I have everything I need to stay on program today (and hopefully the motivation as well) Have a great day all.

Sunny the bunny tried for hours to get in the closet and finally I just put in back in his cage and gave him a time out. When I was on the computer he got cheeky and jumped right in my lap begging for one of the treats he loves so much. It was really cute but he nails are strong.

Stayed up to late last night to watch the awards so I did not get up in time to do the WATP's so I will have to do it when I get home tonight.
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:37 PM   #228  

Trixi,

Bay Street sounds familar...I think we ended up there by mistake We got lost Friday night trying to find our hotel (Which I'm thinking wasn't in the nicest part of town...) we were dropped off at the Delta and tried getting a cab but I guess where it was only a few blocks away he didn't want to drive us, so he told us to go to the lights and take a left..which we did BUT it turned out that we needed to take a right! So we arrived in Toronto at 8ish and checked into our hotel at 10ish! Its a good thing it was nice out!

The next time we go we're planning on staying at the Holiday Inn on King...is it nice? It looks nice and it seems to be pretty central. AND the bus stops right there!!

M.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:32 PM   #229  

Default Hi I'm new here,...

Hope I'm posting right. Anyway Let me introduce myself...My name is krystal I'm 37, married and a sahm of one son(13) . I live in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.(Don't even mention the word snow LOL) I am at my highest weight 180 lbs and would love to join your group for the extra motivation to keep on trying to lose. I am 5'3" and want to eventually get down to 130 lbs. I joined Curves about 2 weeks ago and have been trying to stay off the pop and drink more water instead(very hard). I know I need to do more however I have found in the past that if I rush in I'll just fall on my butt before I even get a good start. So here I am, hope you don't mind a late joiner. ---Krystal
Krystals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:13 PM   #230  

Welcome Krystal!

I know exactly how you feel about the snow!

Where in CB are you from? Most of my family is from CB too!

M.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:57 PM   #231  
northernclipper

Default welcome Krystal

Welcome Krystal you have just joined friendly and helpful site.I hope you find motivation amongst us because it's here.

M I was happy to hear you had a great time in T.O. The weather sure welcomed you. I'm sure all the walking you did will make short of your straying alittle bit. Getting away from home for awhile is reason enough to take a tiny break from a tough program, we all know how hard we work day in and day out. Glad to hear you could enjoy the break
northernclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 04:04 PM   #232  

Default Thanks for the Welcome

I'm not originally from CB. I grew up in Winnipeg and married a Caper I met in Germany.Sometimes you have to travel far to find a good man. My father is in the military and we were posted in Germany. My hunny lived just below us( is in the military too) and all I had to do was throw out the fishin' line and hook him over the balcony. History was born. DH is stationed in Sydney now however we are moving again come this summer or next for sure. We have been warned. Thanks again for the welcome.---So do you do weekly weigh ins or anything else I should know about??? Let me know. Talk soon. I'm usually off and on all day.---Krystal
Old 03-01-2004, 06:22 PM   #233  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Krystal, welcome here.
Okay all this talk of traveling makes me want to as well!!
Have a good week, I'm off to a bad start.
Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:00 PM   #234  

Welcome Krystals I love your sense of humor. You have a great way of lookig at things. Right now we don not have a weekly weigh in but we can start right? I most likely will weigh the same everytime but thats okay with me (not really, trying to save face).

Dewcan dont worry its only Monday and things CAN get better. I was a good girl all day and now I am going to go to bed in case I break (its only eight) figure if I sleep lots I cheat less

Northernclipper you always have something inspirational to say and I am very happy that you have joined our little group (I have read some of you other posts as well)

Lets hear it for a better week and staying OP and if we don't I am glad you guys understand.

Good night all.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:31 AM   #235  

Default Thanks again for the welcome...

Today I actually stayed up after my son left to go to school and went to get my bloodwork done for the month. The wait wasn't to terrible--only one hour . Now I'm having my tea and figuring out what today holds in store for me. It'll be a busy and active one because I'm starting my spring cleaning early and this week is the kitchen. I know but I may be selling this house this summer and I want to be ready. DH has been warned about a possible move. Got to get the dog to the groomer too so you know I'll have to do the drive though at timmies. I'll just get the coffee with milk and try and keep myself from the danishes. Why do I torture myself so? ---Well I'm off, Tomorrow is another curves day. I actually look forward to them. Has anyone here started the diet plan they give out in the book and if so what do you think of it??? See ya! ---Krystal
Old 03-02-2004, 09:36 AM   #236  

How come I can't figure out how to make a new post instead of a reply all the time Please let me know.---Krystal
Old 03-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #237  

Happy Tuesday (blah) all. At work and can't seem to get motivated to start actually working. Very busy day ahead and I don't know where to begin.

I was down two pounds this morning!!! which pretty much means a total of 8 pounds gone since I started in January. I have decided not to think of the big loss I had earlier and then the big gain I had. Its going to be 8 pounds since January! and counting. Not much of a loss but better than a gain right?

I never did get to exercise last night or this morning but I WILL do it tonight and in the morning no matter what.

I found a program for my daughter to attend while she is on March Break and it only costs 90 Bucks!!!! I am thrilled that she will be busy and she already has friends who go to the same program so she will be comfortable. It runs from 9 am until 6 pm and they go on trips, swimming and tons of other activies. One of the other working moms told me about it. Considering childcare costs this is a deal and makes her happy. She was trying on her swim suits last night to get ready and there is still two weeks to go

I hope you all have a great day today and I will post more tonight.

Dale
Old 03-02-2004, 01:40 PM   #238  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Dale, 8 pounds is wonderful. That is the size of a average newborn baby, and that is off your body for good!! (I'm a nurse so I thikn of things in sizes of babies )
Krystals, are you trying to post a reply as that is at the bottom of this thread on the left hand side, this is where you get all the smilies. If you're trying ot make a new thread, that is on the thread list in each forum on the bottom left side. Does that make sense? How it helps you
Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:47 PM   #239  

MeRoMo...I am not sure what you paid for at your hotel but I have a contact at the Sheraton Centre on Queen Street of you like I can see if I can get a good deal for you if you come back in May. It is a beautiful hotel and right in the middle of everything. The weather in May is really nice.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:57 PM   #240  

Trixi,

The Sharaton was another hotel we were looking at staying at! Also, the King Edward (I work for an airline so we get a discount rate there) what is that hotel like, is it DT as well?

And CONGRATS Dale!!

M.