Old 02-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #196  

Default Happy Monday!

Well, Happy Monday all! I had a busy weekend....I attempted to be young again and went dancing! Wow! What a workout keeping up with the 20something-crowd! (I'm 37). Let's see, I'm 5'8" and classified as a large bone structure. I try to make my workouts like non-workouts. I power walk during my 1/2 hour lunch and if the weather is bad, when I get home from work, I pull my treadmill infront of the tube and powerwalk for 1/2 infront of Oprah. When I'm in the car, I tighten my abs and hold them during the red lights. I also squeeze in crunches during commercial breaks if I'm watching the tube. As for motivation, my goal is to turn 40 in better shape then pre-children. I've decided that since I'm getting into shape for the big "40" I may as well, go for the gusto and do the works. I'm getting braces in a couple of weeks. So that should change the diet a little. How about all of you? What are your little tricks?
Canadian_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 06:35 PM   #197  

Hello Trixi and all your friends!

I just wanted to drop you a note to say Hello. I talked to Trixi in the chat room Saturday evening. What a hoot. I had a ball. I really laughed out loud. Drank a lot of coffee but Trixi kept me from snacking! Yeah!

Good for you Canadian Red on the braces. I wish I had done that!

Talk to you all later.
Sunny
sunnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 07:38 PM   #198  

Sunny!!!! I am so glad you made it over...I am sure I mean this for all of us...WELCOME!! I too had a blast talking to you and I know you will add something to our group. I am nominating you an honoury Canadian and once everyone gets to know you they will all agree. So keep coming ok?

Hope you all are having a great night. Canadian Red it sounds like you had a great time this weekend and you are doing tons to better yourself...again can you send some my way?

My trick for now is to stop eating the bad stuff and drink more water and get more exercise....starting today! My daughter will be getting braces in a couple of years and man I wish my parents could afford them when I was younger but oh well I guess you shown me its never too late.

Trixi
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:08 AM   #199  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Red, that sounds like fun, going out dancing. I haven't done that in such a long time. I also exercise in front of the tube, I have to make it go by faster somehow To keep from snacking I call someone and chat, or I go online. Too complicated to eat and type! Braces, doesn't sound like too much fun, but I'm sure you'll like the results once it's all over.
Trixi, I'm glad you're feeling better. Still OP?
Well, gotta go, bye, Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 08:07 AM   #200  

Hello Everyone!! And Welcome Sunnyday!

So its day two back to work...I think I got spoiled over the last few days sleeping in, getting out of bed this morning was so hard!

Very busy at work today, but I wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone.

Oh yeah...three more days 'till my trip!!

Cheers,

M.
MeRoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:20 AM   #201  

MeRoMo...yesterday I mentioned that they were not calling for any snow...welll....we got like six cm's last night...but the good news is the forecast for the weekend is +5 for friday +7 for saturday and Sunday. So it should be a nice weekend. I know I am looking forward to better weather.

To keep from snacking I think I will sew my mouth shut!!! I am OP now going on day 2...whoopeee and I am staying on it. I have to change my singature line cause I gained weight in the past three weeks and I am not s pleased about. This will be the last time I go up (I hope).

Hope you have a great day...post more tonight.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #202  

Trixi: What is OP?
Old 02-24-2004, 12:20 PM   #203  

OP = On Program = me being a good girl
Old 02-24-2004, 01:32 PM   #204  

well duh! I so should have known that
Old 02-24-2004, 05:13 PM   #205  

Hi Everyone from the honorary Canadian! I was so glad someone asked what OP was. I was afraid it was something only the Canadians would know! I have gained back 2 pounds. But I have been a good girl today. I walked for an hour last evening. Maybe I can lose that. I need to lose about 20 more pounds to make me happy. What would that be in Scottland???? Stone and a half?

Interesting day at school. The kid sent home for three days for fighting last week came back Monday he made it all he way to Tuesday before getting in another fight. Wow.

Talk to you all again.

Sunny
sunnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 08:08 PM   #206  
northernclipper

Default Easter on the mind

Hello everyone

I have been so busy this last 4 days I didn't get time to sign in at all. I was sorry to hear a few of you gained but, remmeber it just short term you will get on track and lose it again.

Welcome Sunnyday you sound Canadian to me.

Canadian Red dh and I went dancing this weekend too. Had a great time we do it once every couple of months at hockey dances( each team host one every other month.) It is a great way to excerise if you never leave the dance floor and thats my challenge. Thank God dh loves to dance and will stay there with me. My trick is to change up my excerise every other day.
One day sit-ups and arm lifts-next time treadmill and run stairs- then exercise videos and every night I walk outside except in icy weather. I been lucky these last 2 weeks I walked every night.

I'd like to share my main motivation, for our 25th anniversary my dh got us tickets to Europe. I will not fall off my plan because I have my outfits picked out to take and I don't fit in half of them, but I will by trip time.

I have got Easter on my mind, 1st because I'm in the Easter challenge and tomorrow is my ww weigh-in. 2nd because at work the last two days I've done nothing but Easter displays. It keeps my mind of food when all I see are choc Easter bunnies and I'm allergic to choc.

I hope everyone finds the road back to their programs and has success, til later good-night.
northernclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:01 AM   #207  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Sunny, stones, that is an interesting way of measuring, eh. How do they break it down further, do you have any idea? It's not that often that I come across it, but it does stump me when I do. Sounds like you have an interesting child. All the things I ahve to look forward to (or hopefully avoid )
Northern, you sure are dedicated to the exercise. I put in my 30 min a day, and it's not high intensity at all. I bike and usually gab on the phone at the same time. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary when is it, and when is your trip? Sounds like a wonderful time! It'll be 5 years for us this summer. Allergic to chocolate, how sad! Actually I would be half the size I am if I couldn't eat chocolate What type of work do you do if you work with chocolate? What Easter challenge are you in? Tomorrow is my WW WI too, good luck to you,

Have a good day tomorrow all, and STAY OP !!!!
Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 11:12 AM   #208  

Hi all!...Day three and I am going strong (with the food anyway) I did have a beer last night. Right after work I had to go an do 13 loads of laundry and needed to relax...So I grabbed a beer and watched the Bachelorette. (which I have to tell you I am pissed that she chose Ian!) I did not bother to weigh myself today and probably wont for another week or so.

I hope you all have a great day and the weather today is suppose to be great..still a little cool right now but should go up to 5 today and really sunny. Hope it gets some of my snow melted.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:15 PM   #209  

Plus 5?? WOW!! I guess I picked a good time to travel!

And I totally agree with you about Ian! How could she do that to Matt....I'll have his if she doesnt want him!

M.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:19 AM   #210  

It's Friday and I am thrilled!!!!! Its been a rough week at work (really busy) and at home. My fiance's car broke down yesterday which sucks cause it only two years old. It cost 400 bucks that the warranty would cover. It's my mom's birthday today and we are taking her out to dinner at a buffet and I hope to stay strong but probaly won't cause I am evil