Old 01-22-2004, 06:11 PM   #61  
Gym'll fix it!!

oops sorry Glen Hiya Glen
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:21 PM   #62  

Hi Everyone,

I'm a student from the University of Toronto and I was wondering if you didn't mind another Canuck joining in...I'm currently going to Herbal Magic and it seems to be working really well...its basically a low carb high protein with supplements diet. I blame the frigid weather for making me want to eat serious comfort foods that are not good for you and I don't know about you ladies but no matter how cold it gets I could still eat ice cream. I think that it would be great if we could all motivate each other and the best part is that we can all relate to what's going on in this neck of the woods. I'm cheering for you all!!!
helpneeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:44 PM   #63  

Welcome helpneeded!!!!!!!! The more the merrier!!! Life at University is not only stressful but you have to deal with the weather as well. Man there was alot of wind today!. I am not a fan of sweets but my comfort food is just as bad...The worst I do is in the afternoon after shopping or laundry on the weekend I want a nap and to get me tired enough to have one I used to have a homemade hamburger (huge) and fries with gravy...oh yeah had a beer with it and then went to sleep (Its a miracle I dont weigh more) But no more for me!

Zanne we missed you!!! Dont worry about the jeans I haven't been able to squeeze myself into any in two years! I have a pair I saved and one of my goals is to get in them again. Cottage Chesse!!!! uck! glad I am not allowed to have it!

Cat Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow hope you will be as sucessfull as MeRoMo was...but if not there's always next week

Glen how are you doing with the veggies?

Hockychic we miss you too.....come back to us (did you run off with smartcookie?)

Today was actually a good day for me....no headache and I drank most of my water, saving some for tonight. I have these strips that I bought at the drug store that test your urine to see of your burning fat (keytones) and I was! After only fours days thats pretty good...so I am glad! I had my chicken for lunch and it was actually good. I got a spice I know I am allowed and it made a huge difference to the tatse. I had someone ask me today if I lost weight but I think it was just the outfit I was wearing...but I'll take it .

Hope you all have a great night and talk to you tomorrow.
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 10:28 PM   #64  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hiya Helpneeded glad to have you with us

Trixi, just what plan are you on? i'm just curious because you say that you can't have this and that are you doing Atkins? I let myself have anything but in moderation

Cya tomorrow for the weigh-in
Old 01-22-2004, 11:19 PM   #65  

The only thing that I found that really works for me is if I give up all the bad carbs (bread, pasta, rice and potatoes) and only eat lots of good carbs. Mostly I eat as many vegatables as I want (except peas, corn, and carrots) and for protein I have fish or chicken and (beef once a week). I do use butter so that I will have fat in my diet as well and eat salmon. I drinks lots of water and take potassium and b5, b12 and a multi vitamin. I did try Atkins but felt really guity for eating all that fat. I have also cut down on caffine. My body hates fruits, I am allowed them but they make me really hungry and crampy so i stay away from them. There are tons of stuff I am allowed but also in moderation. I am staying away from dairy for now (except for the cream in my decafe. Cant give that up) I know it sounds like I cant have anything but mostly I am just missing stuff I want and crave and I like to complain alot. I actually find myself eating more now than when I wasn't on a plan. I usually didnt eat until supper and then I pretty much gorged myself until I couldn't move off the couch. In just four days I have a bigger appetite and I have more engery. Once I lose a good portion of the weight and have exercise in my daily routine I will incorporate carbs back into my diet slowly...things like whole wheat pasta (man that will taste like heaven and sweet potatoes etc. I have to keep convincing myself that its a life change and not just something to do until the weight comes off cause I do not want it back.

I hope you have a great weigh in tomorrow and the scary face will be a happy one! I am rooting for ya!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:56 AM   #66  

G'Morning all you wonderful people

I did the worst diet no-no....I ate an entire DONAIR!!! That is sooo going to put me back a few days I guess I'll have to be especially good for the rest of the week!! It was so good as I was eating it but as soon as I finished I felt so guilty, so I guess the guilt part was good.

My goal this week is to loose at least 2 pounds, I know I've lots more than that in my last two weigh ins, but I think I'll be lucky to get that this week.

How is everyone else doing?

Cheers,

M.
MeRoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 10:27 AM   #67  

Just a quick note as I am at work now. MeRoMo, everyone falls alittle, don't worry about it I dont thinkit will set you back days...Just just extra water today and be "good" the rest of the week. Sometimes we need to give in to the craving or will could plague us for days. Have a great day all. I know I will cause it's Friday!!!! My favorite day.

Trixi
Old 01-23-2004, 03:37 PM   #68  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

M, don't worry about it..it was one thing its not liked you binged all day and we all need a treat now and again..i don't think it will set you back that much if at all

Trixi, TGIF hey i can have a beer tonight if i want but i'm going to a party tomorrow night so i might save them up for then

Weighed in with a 3lbs loss this week i am so happy that i'm starting to see results Have a Great Weekend!
Old 01-23-2004, 03:59 PM   #69  

Hi Everybody...Thanks for being so welcoming.

Trixi as soon as you mentioned beer my mouth was already watering, I haven't had a beer in probably 6 months and being Irish Canadian its one of my favourite things. School is super stressful but its really only when I start to do all my readings that I get munchy. Plus, my social life has taken a hit this last year since I've been on a strict diet I can't go out and party with my friends really cause it mostly involved alot of drinking and eating. But I figure its worth being on a social dive for hopefully only another 5-6months for the chance to be healthy. I have already lost 60lbs and I have approx. 50lbs to go. But I must confess my motivation was low around christmas when there was so much food. But I'm back on track now.

How much does everyone else want to lose??

It's so comforting to know that there are other people who are battling the bulge and don't have the metabolism's of some of my friends that can eat and drink whenever they want.

Hope everyone has a great day!
helpneeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 04:50 PM   #70  
Gym'll fix it!!

HN, i would like to lose about 30lbs i think i'd feel 'comfortable' at that weight although i was 115lbs in my thirties i can't imagine being that small now i still have some of the clothes that i wore and when i look at them they look so tiny!

I fell off the wagon at christmas too but i'm back on it now and intend to stay on it You have lost a lot of weight already Well Done!
Old 01-23-2004, 09:25 PM   #71  
stbakd

hi everyone
welcome back zane.
the veggies are getting better. tomorrow i am making a stew with lots of veggies.
trixi: i am having a beer
cathy she is cute
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 09:50 PM   #72  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Glen thanks i think she's cute too but then i'm her Gran
hey, i'm having a beer too
Old 01-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #73  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Evening People!

Glad to see the board is hopping!

Well, my goal is to lose about 40 lbs. Or at least a lot of FAT! If I gain a bit of muscle, that's ok--it may be heavier but takes up less room and BURNS fat! I want to be a comfortable size 11/12.

Well, I have some incentive to get my fat rear in gear. We're going to a Valentines day dinner/dance and I need to lose some poundage to fit into something I own. I REFUSE to buy any more big clothes. I'm getting some meal plans worked out, I know the workout routine, so I just have to DO IT!

I was very BAD today. Our Loblaws had Krispy Creams and of course I had to buy a dozen. I've eaten four of those things today! I actually feel kinda light headed. I can tell when I've had too much sugar--I can feel it spike and then I get tired. I have to treat my body nicer. I've been eating a whole heck of a lot of crap lately. I have a terrible rash and I thought it was from my skin drying out from the cold, but now I'm thinking maybe it's the toxins "coming out". I just chopped up some celery and I've got precut veggies to add to it so I can have a healthy snack later.

GLEN--I've made a veggie soup before using frozen mixed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli and carrots--I think it's called California mix). It also had shredded cabbage (you can use the premade coleslaw mix). It was cooked in V-8 or Garden Cocktail juice and there was an envelope of onion soup mix added. You could add chopped onions, zucchini. It was quite tastey. Does that help? You could just make small batches (therefore not using a whole envelope of soup mix). I can try to refine this recipe for you if you're interested. I know I won't find the exact recipe.

HELPNEEDED--CONGRATS on all that you've lost! That is awesome girl! It's a shame your social life is on hold. Could you not bring your own food to some of the shindigs (or are they usually out in a restaurant?)? Bring a baggie of veggies or other kind of food you eat (eg. you could bring celery and dip it in the salsa and not eat the chips that would be there). I know, it doesn't sound too cool, but you are looking out for your own health. Could you tell a little white lie that you're diabetic or something so can't eat the food that is there? You could drink club soda--have the bartender put a lime in it and it looks like a nice drink.

MEROMO--don't worry about stumbling a bit. I fell flat on my face today with the donuts! I don't think it will do much damage to you. By the way, what's a DONAIR? I've never heard of it.

CAT--GREAT LOSS! Keep doing whatever you're doing, cause it's working!

TRIXI--we each have to do what works for us. Sounds like you figured out what works for you. Hope you had a good TGIF!

Gotta go put the munchkin to bed.
Nighty nite all.
Zanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:20 PM   #74  

Default Trixi went AWOL yesterday!!!

I was unavailable for comment yesterday due to the fact that I was kidnapped by the evil soul inside of me. She took me right after work and with out my permission, she dragged me to the bar with the pretence of say hi to finance parents who have their Friday eveining cocktail there. She said I could be strong and only have a soda water (with lime) and I would be okay...she would watch out for me..Siiting at the bar she told me they have something called "lo-carb" beer. I said "NO, I am sticking to soda water...please leave me alone" I don't no what sort of magic she has but all of the sudden my soda water turned into the low carb beer (gotta tell you...it tasted awful) and that turned into a wine to get rid of the horrible taste...Cant tell you how many wines I had cause she must have cast some sort of forgetting and counting spell on me...To make matters worse she followed me home in the taxi and made me order panizorottos (it had to be her cause I cant even spell panzirottos) I know it was her evil voice ordering it to be a footlong and deep fried one as well, cause I would never do that . Finally after eating almost the entire thing she forced me to go to sleep on the living room chair even. I woke up about an hour later and thankfully she was gone.

Well, That was my eveing..I am so glad you all told me about your beer...Its makes me not feel so guilty

Cat: WAY TO GO ON THE LOSS! ....doesn't it feel great? Monday is fast approaching me and I need to be extra good so Friday doesn't show too much on the scale.

Zanne, I have forced myself never to try one of those Kripsy Kremes cause I know I would find a new addiction. But don't worry about it too much everyone deserves to endulge at times (hence, last night for me).

Glen, How did the stew turn out?

HelpNeeded: You should be so proud of yourself for all the weight loss.....I know you'll make your goal. You seem really motivated...I think you will probably be more support to us then we will to you Keep up the great work!

MeRoMo, How are you doing?

Its about 11:15 AM and I am going to start cleaning and drinking a ton of water to flush out the stupid thing I ate yesterday.....gotta get back on track. Funny thing is this morning I was rubbing my tummy and it felt alittle flatter and not bloated! Will post more later!!!

Trixi!
Old 01-24-2004, 02:28 PM   #75  
Gym'll fix it!!

Trixi..i think that evil soul will be visiting Victoria tonight and putting in an appearance while i am at a party think i'll take a baseball bat with me to fend her off what on earth is a panni wotsit? i've never heard of them but i have heard of a donair

Susanne..i would have been exactly the same with the donuts so i try to avoid them now...can you feed the remaining ones to some poor unsuspecting soul?

Time for me to hit my treadmill Have a Great Weekend Everyone