Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #166  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey girls...how is everyone doing?

Im having a great day and tomorrow I get to hop on the scale. My clothes are falling off of me so I am looking forward to a low number. I'll share tomorrow.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

All good here! Heading out for a run after work then meeting a friend for a glass of wine.

Can't wait to hear what your new number is! Having fun with your daughter back?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #168  

Dance - she is actually sick and has to go to the doctors today. She has been running a fever since the night she got back and is coughing like crazy. My grandpa had pneumonia while she was there and was admitted to the hospital so I pray she did not catch anything that severe. :-( We will get her the meds she needs and hopefully she is feeling good tomorrow.

Ok...wait for it...wait for it....that magic number on the scale was 169!!! YES! I am officially the LOWEST I have ever been in my adult life. When I lost weight the first time, I got down to 170, but 169 has broken that barrier and I could not be more excited. Now it is a waiting game to see what weight is my "ideal" weight. I had a goal of 150 but I always wanted to be 130. I guess I will adjust my goal as I see myself progressing. I am so elated right now. Thanks for all your support! You helped me get here. :-D
Old 07-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #169  

WOOOHOOOO!!!! Lindy, that's amazing - you must be so thrilled! Way to go, girl!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Lindy-thats amazing, so happy for you. I saw on fb you fit into your smallest skirt, so exciting.

Dance-I'm cutting my calories and walking more. I'm gonna pull out some of my old workout DVDs and start doing them. I really need to clean up my eating. This is a new week, time to get serious. I'm not worrying about the scale right now. I used to rely on it too much and want to get away from this that.

Sandy-so glad you checked in. Hope you keep coming back. I would love to have all the old gang back together.

I'll check in more often now, just having a busy summer but I love it. I'm working at the cabin at least two days a week. A friend hired me to make cake pops for her 3year olds birthday party yesterday. I posted pics of them on fb. Planning on doing craft shows soon. Can't wait for the soup kitchen to open back up, I miss everyone.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #171  

Hey girls....happy to see everyone "back on the wagon".

Dance....whats going on in your dating life?

Burgundy - ok, I think I missed somthing. When you say "the cabin", what is that?

Not a whole lot to update you on. Have you girls ever dreamed excessively where you just really wished for something that was very unrealistic? lol. I swear I keep dreaming about winning the lotto and how I will live my life once I do, it is the most bizarre thing. *sigh* I guess one can dream. :-)

I feel like I need a challenge and maybe I have had just too much free time on my hands lately with all the kids going away. I will be starting up the PT job again in September, on top of my current FT job, and will be starting school at the end of August. Maybe I should I just sit and wait and see if my desire for change still exists after all of that. I love the people I work with and my job itself but I am getting my normal 5 year itch. Gosh I hate when I get like this. What do you girls so when you find yourself bored, or unchallenged, or stir crazy?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #172  

burgundy - I would find it really hard to make cake pops and not eat them! You have amazing will power. Are you up for joining me for exercise miles today? I'm going to run three - what are you walking?

Lindy - honey, I can't believe you are looking to fit *MORE* into your life! Getting married soon, kids, TWO jobs and school. Any one of those things is enough for most people You are amazing! A lot of my friends like to have an exercise goal they're training for - a 5k, a sprint tri, a bike race for charity, whatever. Would something like that that you could maybe do with the future mr lindy be fun?

Having fun with new new guy He just took down his dating site profiles yesterday but didn't say anything about it when we got together briefly last night. What would you guys do? Take down your profile without saying anything? Ask him about it? Wait for him to bring it up? I'm thinking continue to be not active (I use another account for checking on things) and wait for him to mention it, right? We had an amazing time together this weekend - hike on Sat afternoon, drinks overlooking a river in Golden, dinner at a hole in the wall peruvian place that I've wanted to go to for ages (super fun - live music, crazy food), and he stayed over. We're actually taking it slow so it was a more innocent sleepover than it might sound. I think I could get used to being with someone this thoughtful

Off to jacksonville (not quite your neck of the woods, Lindy, but close!) later today for a quick business trip. Am going to try to pack some snacks so that I can stick to plan while traveling - you guys know that's one of my weaknesses!

Hope your tuesday is going well...
Old 07-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #173  

Dance - I think you are handling this relationship perfectly and yes, I would just sit back and wait. If it shows you are not active on the site, then he should be cool with it. Now, a month from now, if it continues to go as planned, then you should consider at that point but leaving him wondering a little is a good thing. :-) And you can play dumb like you never knew he took it down because you "never go on there anymore"...:-D

I like your idea of setting a goal, Im gonna look into upcoming events and see what I want to jump into. I mean...a wedding dress is goal enough but I need a challenge. :-) Thanks for the idea!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #174  

Lindy-dont know if I mentioned it before. I am selling my jewelry and other crafts at a co-op called The Craft makers Cabin. All the artists work a few days a week. They take a percentage of our sales each month but at least its not just sitting in my craft room collecting dust.

Dance-I would wait a little while with the profile, but it sounds like things are going good with this guy. I didn't have any cake pops while I was making them, but I did have one at the party. I made extra for my hubby and there are about 10 in the fridge right now. I'm not going to touch them.

I was talking to a friend earlier about fitness. I told her I usually do at least one 5k during the summer. Its almost August and I haven't done one. We should all find one in our area.

I still haven't looked at the scale but have been eating really well all week. Maybe by Friday I'll be ready to weigh. Time to do some crafting. Gotta work at the cabin tomorrow and want to take some new stuff.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #175  

Hey ladies. I will probably be MIA for a while. My 17 year old nephew passed away unexpectedly last night. This is the hardest thing our family has been through. I'll check back in sometime next week maybe.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #176  

Hey Burgundy - I am SO sad to read about the passing of your nephew. I will pray for you and your family. :-(
Old 08-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #177  

So sorry to hear about your nephew - I cant even imagine how sad you must be. Hang in there, sweetie, and now that we're thinking about you.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #178  

Thanks to both of you. Even though we've never met, you two are awesome friends and I'm glad I have you to talk to here. This has been a tough few days. My sister. In law and the kids have been spending most of their days here and going home at night. We're all holding up OK right now. The funeral is monday. My mom, sister and niece are headed back up here from Alabama. My stomach has just been one big knot since Thursday, but we've all been making ourselves eat a little everyday.

PLEASE get yourselves(and your children) checked for diabetes.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #179  

Burgundy - hope you and your family are holding up okay - make sure you get some rest - emotional stress can really wear you out. I'm glad you guys will be together during such a hard time.

Just got back from a run with a friend and am feeling very fortunate to have my health - thanks to you guys keeping me on plan. I met the new guy's daughter last night (crazy early after just three weeks of dating but it was her idea) - do you think that's crazy? The good part is that we got along really well .

Lindy - how are things with you?
Old 08-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #180  

Hey girls -

Hugs for Burgundy - I feel the same way about you girls. So glad we have stuck together this long.

Dance - I do think it is too soon but everyone moves at different speeds and if it feels right, just go with it. You had one guy that didnt want to introduce you to anyone and this one who is moving quick, just goes to show there are no "rules", lol, everyone is different. I'm glad to hear it went well. Is he in any of the pics that you uploaded this weekend?

Everything is going great with me. All 3 kids are back and it is time to get into a routine again. The DF and I decided that the healthy meals were not working for him and the kids (they were always hungry after dinner), so we just started ordering fresh meals to be delivered to the house for just me. They taste amazing and are way better than anything I ever cooked. Also, every meal is no more than 350 calories and it is gluten free with all fresh ingredients, its perfect. And cheap! I get 14 meals a week (lunch and dinner) for $66. And I get to pick my menus. :-)

I have decided to weigh myself once a month to keep getting excited about the weight loss so Ill probably shoot for a couple weeks from now, which will be a month from the last time I weighed in. It is so gratifying to see a "whoosh" from the last time, vs. getting on every day and seeing it go up two pounds, down two pound, etc. I skipped the gym yesterday so I am going at lunch today, and then again after work. I am shooting for a double workout of an hr and a half 2 days a week and then one hour one day a week. So, still doing 4 days a week but just adding a little time for good measure.