Old 08-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #196  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey chickadees....

Dance, wow I was so shocked to read that! Do you think he maybe went on the trip to meet up with someone and maybe developed feelings for them? Or was it something else? Sorry to hear that. *hugs* Dating is such a "learning curb", I remember when I dated, it took me two years to find someone and I was so frustrated by the end. Now Im in a relationship and I see my single friends and Im like "you are so lucky", haha, I mean....not lucky because I do consider myself lucky but just the fact that you can do you own thing and dont have to run it by someone, its a big change.

Burgundy - if your nephew isnt the best inspiration out there, I dont know what is! Maybe you can set some goals to accompany it, like a 5k for diabetes prevention? Good job on the walk. Im not gonna lie, I giggled when you said "pretty good for a fat girl" because lord knows I use that term more often than not. :-)

Nothing new to update. Im trying to stay on point as best as I can and just maintain for the next couple of months. I have a bridal shower, bachlorette party, and destination wedding in September, then one week cruise in October. If I can maintain I would be pleased. November is not really bad and December is ok too. Football season is here and that sucks but I can work around it. Anyway, I started classes this week....4 in all so wish me luck. :-)
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Lindy - No, he was on a backpacking trip with a guy friend and apparently he did a lot of thinking and talking and realized it just wasn't quite working for him. No biggee - it was tough last night but I'm already focused on next steps and finding a new new guy

Off to go catch up on missed sleep from last night and get in a good run in the morning...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #198  

Dance - well, that makes sense. Did you deactivate your account? Hopefully not. ;-)

Nothing new to report, I do a double workout session three to four times a week and today is one of those days. I'll catch up later.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #199  

Lindy - nope - just hid my profile. I'm going to tweak it a little and will add some new photos and get back on line maybe as early as tonight. Back on the horse, right? I've got a good list of new guys to contact - should be interesting.

I'm going for a run tonight - anyone with me for some exercise time?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #200  

Hey Dance....I wish I was exercising. Received horrible news today that my dear friend who was ill with cancer only has a day or so left. I just came back from a visit at the hospital and plan to go again after work. I may not be checking in depending on my mood, definitely a sad time.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #201  

Lindy - I'm so sorry to hear your news - how very sad. We need to treat every moment as precious, don't we? I will have your friend in my thoughts...
Old 08-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #202  

Hey girls - hope you're doing well. I've fallen off the exercise bandwagon a little this week but am hoping to get back on tonight with a good run after work.

Lindy - so sorry to hear about your friend's passing on fb. Hope you're doing okay... Sort of a strange coincidence that all three of us have been dealing with with sad losses lately - yours and burgundy's were much closer of course. Big hugs all around.

Just got back on match and am setting up my first post-2nd new guy dates. Will have to come up with a more creative name for the next guy

Almost to a long weekend....
Old 08-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #203  

Hey girls,

Feeling a little better and got in a good workout today. I want to pick your brains because i may be very out of place with this comment but does anyone see a change in vanessa's comments about her hubby on Facebook. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm super proud of her and understand the struggles of a spouse who does not make the same choices but it seems to me that it's taking am ugly turn on their relationship and was wondering if i should tell her an outsiders perspective? Or is that too personal?

Dance....details onyour new boys.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Dance that sucks to hear about the new guy but glad you are moving on. Let us know about any new guys.

Lindy-so sorry to hear about your friend. It makes it so much harder when it so sudden. Sounds you are one busy lady these next few months. I need to get back in the exercise groove with you girls.

It rained all day so I did a lot of crafting. I have two craft shows coming up and need more inventory. No walk today but I will get out there tomorrow. I did walk yesterday. Its been so humid, maybe tomorrow evening will be better.

Deleted some of the stuff I had here since you girls already read it:-)

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 09-09-2013 at 07:43 PM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #205  

Hey girls!
Vanessa and I never connected on FB so I haven't been following her situation. Sounds really tricky. Didn't Neesy run into a similar situation in a way? I know everyone's life is unique - I just see some parallels.

Just got back from a nice hike with a friend and am heading to another friend's for dinner. Have a date with one of the new guys tomorrow and the other on Weds - should be interesting. No word at all from old new guy but that's okay - nicer to have a clean break and I'm mostly over it. I have a habit of talking myself into the compatibility part even when there are issues or red flags - I really need to work on that, it gets me into trouble over and over again!

Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend...

Last edited by dancerindenver; 09-02-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #206  

Hey girls...

Just checking in with everyone to see how the long weekend went. Unfortunately, I felt the need to hop on the scale after I did a lot of emotional eating last week. The end result was the scale went up to 169. Still at my lightest but very upset at the damage I did in such a short time. I am back to clean eating and workout out today so hopefully I can bring that number down a bit.

Whats new with everyone else?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #207  

Hey you! Nice to see you back on here with everything you've got going on in your life - you sound beyond crazy busy!

Doing okay here - just had a first date for tonight cancel - supposedly because he has to go out of town. Might be true but he probably just got a better offer. I'm a big girl and will survive Working on setting up a second date for fri or sat and have first dates all but confirmed for sun and mon. Hate being at the beginning of this process again but oh well. Since tonight's guy canceled, I'm going to go for a run instead - way better for me than a few glasses of wine, right? I need to start cooking again so that there are healthy leftovers around when I get home starved - anyone have any good recipes they're loving lately?
Old 09-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #208  

Hey Dance....

Ive been addicted to this zucchini feta pie for a while and its really easy. You grate 5 small zucchinis, buy a wheat pie crust, 4 egg whites, and 6 oz. of feta cheese, wheat flour.

Grate the zucchini and then squeeze out the water. Put it aside. Take 4 egg whites, and 4 tables spoons of wheat flour and mix together, throw in the feta cheese (you can save some for a topper if you like), then add the zucchini. Mix together, place batter in pie crust and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

This is a crazy week for me and I am behind in school. I leave on Thursday for a wedding in St. Augustine so I will likely be checked out after Wednesday.

Dance - did anything come of the possible Sunday date? Are you just maintaining now?
Old 09-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Dance-good luck with your dates. A run is way better than those glasses of wine, but hey, I don't care for wine:-)

Lindy-how are you liking school? I might have to try your zucchini pie, that sounds delicious.

The scale isn't moving for me but I haven't gained any weight either. I'm exercising but my food could be better. Once I get that under control, I'm sure I will see a drop on the scale. Life around here is getting back to normal. Me and the hubby have been busy getting ready for our craft shows. The first one is in 12 days then another one two weeks after that. I have lots of different stuff this year. I'm excited and not stressing so much like I was this time last year.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #210  

Lindy - that sounds like a great recipe - thanks! I have some zucchini from my mom's garden that I wasn't sure how to use up. Hope you have a great time at the wedding - looking forward to seeing pics!

Burgundy - I hear you on the no downward progress thing I've been pretty much maintaining - sticking to plan roughly with occasional wobbles and it's not enough to help me lose. Good to know what it takes to stay at this weight though.

Lots of dates but lots of flaky guys that cancel or guys that sound good but end up being duds. It's a numbers game, I know. Dates with two new guys tonight and tomorrow and a second date with a sweet guy (who's a little shorter than I'm used to but he's growing on me) on saturday so I'm keeping busy at least. Setting up yet another first date for sometime next week. Can't wait to have a boyfriend I can actually count on - I'm ready to be done going on first dates!!!

Off for a run before work...