Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Girls - thanks for the timely coaching! I'm back on track - got in a good run yesterday and stuck 100% to plan. Lots of exercise planned for the weekend...

Burgundy - poor you! So sorry to hear you were hurting - internal pain like that is so hard to figure out.

So, I hung out with the guy last night and I'm not feeling as good about things today which is a bummer. We get along great - it's just he has so little time (I won't see him again until Weds) and he's kind of treating us like a secret and that makes me feel uncomfortable. His two best guy friends know about us so it's not a total secret but we have a close mutual friend Sarah that works at his consulting company that I've been friends with for years and is in my book club. He doesn't want me to tell her that we're dating and he won't really say why. Would that bother you guys? I don't think it would bother me as much if I didn't feel like we were already in secret mode from his ex and his daughters who of course don't know anything about me. His sister is in town for the weekend for a visit and it makes me a little sad that I won't get to meet her as they'll spend the whole weekend with his daughters. Anyway, long rant - thanks for listening to me vent. Any advice?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #77  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Dance - only because I come from the same angle as he does, I dated with kids, I can give my honest opinion. The only thing I see a problem with is him not wanting to tell your mutual friend Sarah. Everything else seems pretty on pace for how long you have been dated. I usually dont even tell ANY of my friends about a new guy until we have been dating for 3 months. I just dont want the reputation of a compulsive dater. And family...that is a whole other story. If you guys didnt meet on a dating website, if you met at a bar, things might seem fishy but since you guys met through a a valid place, I think he is moving at a perfect pace. It may not be the pace you like but when you have kids you think so much differently. My friends who were single often told me how odd I was for my "timelines" when it came to dating but now some of them have had kids and and are newly single and they come to me and say "I get it." If you are still being hidden after 3-6 month (6 months max), then it is time for a discussion. However, if you feel there could be better opportunities, maybe you should put it in his ear that you should date other people because you miss having company around more frequently. That could either back fire on you, he will be ok with it, or it will put some fire under his butt to maybe be a little more commital. Just my two cents.

Today was a HORRIBLE eating day. I woke up with a tape worm and as of lunch, I have consumed 1900 calories. Fortunately, lunch filled me up and I am hoping to just have some egg whites for dinner and be done with this day. I am still doing my crunch challenge with burgundy so I got in my 40 crunches. Then Ill do 30 DS later today, I walked 15 flights of stairs earlier today and plan on doing it again at 3 pm and am hoping to also do P90x kenpo x to burn off my abundance of carbs.

I will probably check out until Monday so I will see you girls then. Have a great weekend!
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #78  

Lindy - thanks as always for the coaching. I'll try to be more patient and see what happens. How's the tapeworm?

Lots of exercise this weekend - run on Sat, rollerblading and walk yesterday. Not great eating though - I need to recommit to my program and follow it super strictly for a while.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #79  

Stupid, stupid, stupid doctors scale. Since it is not the same scale as home I am not going to fret TOO much but Im seriously frustrated right now. I had to go to the doctor today to get new birth control and they MADE me get on the scale so they can monitor my side affects. Well, the stupid scale said I was 194! I mean seriously, 194! Now, I know that not all scales are not the same but I highly doubt they are a 14 pound difference. NOW, I did keep track of my calories, even on my bad days and am going to share my total. Monday-Friday I really do eat "clean", a balanced breakfast of egg whites, a meat, and flat outs, lunch is usually salad or something that is not heavy in carbs, dinner is whatever I can keep my calorie range. Sometimes its a grilled pork chop with a side of veggies, sometimes its fish with panko bread crumbs and a salad. Anyway, here is my calorie ranges. I know the weekend was bad. I am still doing Jillian's 30 DS and the gym 3 days a week, as well as the ab challenge and walking the stairs at work 5 times a week around 3. OMG, I am babbling and so frustrated right now because the pounds should be MELTING right now.

Monday - 1576
Tuesday - 1651
Wednesday - 1734
Thursday - 1220
Friday - 1982
Saturday - 2157
Sunday - 2703

Ok, so I know those are high calories but I definately cannot eat 1200 calories with all the exercise. And even if I am not losing, I should not be gaining! Grrrr.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #80  

Lindy - there is NO WAY you are up 14lbs so don't worry about the crazy doctor scale. Sounds like you are doing great with your eating plan - just stick to it and you'll see the results you want!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #81  

Ok, I am a little more calm today than I was yesterday. I am just going to ignore the scale (like I have been) and continue to focus on ME. I mean, if anything, I am feeling better so all this healthy eating and exercise is bound to have good results in one way or another. I am on day 9 of 30 day shred and doing well. Level 1 is becoming a cake walk for me so I plan on moving up to Level 2 on Thursday (day 11). I want to do 10 days of each. I also made it to the gym, did a quick 10 minute run, leg workout, and then threw in some burpees for good measure. :-) I also am at 60 sit-ups in me and Burgundys challenge and am doing 10 push-ups every morning when I get out of bed. I figure every little thing adds up in time, right? I am working out more now than I ever have in my life. I actually took some before photos a couple of weeks ago so I am going to take some 10 days photos while on 30 day shred tomorrow morning. If I see any major differences, I will let you know.

How is everyone doing?

Dance - what is going on with you and your guy?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Dance-it does sound a little strange that your guy doesnt want to even tell you mutual friend. I can understand with family for now.

Lindy-there is no way you are 194. Scales are all different so just go with yours. Youre clothes were probably heavy, lol. Im still going on the crunches. 60 seemed like a lot today, I cant imagine what day 30 will be like.

My mom is in the hospital in Alabama. She told me not to come right now but its so hard being here. She thought she was having a heart attack but wasnt, thank goodness. Her ekg and blood pressure were good. They are going to do a dye stress test tomorrow. If that comes back good she can go home, if not they will do a heart cath. Dr said it could be angina. We have a trip planned to go down in a little over 3 weeks. I called her twice today and texted my sister all day. Gonna skype with my sister in new zealand at 11. Keep my family in your prayers.

On a happy note, I was down another lb this morning. Thats 11 lbs since February 18th(or 21st, I cant remember) I went to a birthday party on saturday. Did good eating and walked 5 miles that evening. Walked 2 miles on sunday and a mile yesterday along with wii fit plus. I did my crunches today and thats all Ive done. Might hop on the wii before my sis calls to burn a few calories, might relieve some stress from the day.

Hope everyone is well. Ill try to check in tomorrow.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #83  

Burgundy - so sorry to hear about your mom. I just said a prayer for her. I have angina and it is awful! THe first time I got it I thought I was having a heart attack as well. If that is what it is, tell her to buy the lemon juice in the freezer section (its made from real lemons); anytime I have an attack I drink that - yes its sour - but it gets rid of it within minutes. Also, walking helps.

Congrats on another pound down! I am so happy for you. What are you eating these days? I did 65 sit-ups today and by far today was the hardest day. I like this challenge though, its not "too much." After this one, we should try something else like squats or push-ups?
Old 05-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #84  

Lindy-thank you. I will let her know about the lemon juice if its angina. I did see a 30 day squat challenge. We could try that.

Mom is feeling better today. They did the stress text, now its just a waiting game with the Dr. He told her it will probably be late when he comes to see her.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Burgundy- i hope your mom is getting better. And congrats on another pound down!!!!

Lindy- dont worry about those scales. My trainer told me that if you weigh first thing in the morning (which i do every morning) that it will always be lower than b4 u work out etc. I always weigh about 2.5-3 pounds heavier from 7am (my.weigh in) to 11 am(his weigh in for me) and then towards the end of the day i will weigh another 1 pd or.so heavier (unless i have worked my butt off then im less) so i wouldnt worry too much. And i even went thru like a 3 week pleateau and i went on an eating binge (cookie dough) and i was pmsing and once.that horrible week was over..... Big whoosh!!!!!! Then a .4 gain this week!!! It happens!

Dance- wish i could help with the man situation.... But ive never been there so i wont even try! But kudos on the working out and your losses!!

Well so far i have had some awesome workouts and made some new.friends so that was good. I was down to 168.0 tonight. Now to just keep it that low!!! And well today....i go into a patients house....he has fallen trying tobget out of bed. He is like 400 plus pounds and there is no way i can physically help.him up. He is also naked as a jay bird. I brought his wheelchair over to see if he could help himself up. He couldnt. He was cussing me a blue streak and i ended up having to call 911 for help. Well.... They answer....911 what is ur emergency....can you hold please? What?????? R u serious??? They finally cane back on the line and got help out there. But holy cow.....what a start to the day!!!!! And thank God i did not see his junk!!!!!! Lol that is the short version! Our new boss seems ok right now. And he doesnt seem to.mind me using my lunch to work out so thats nice! Hipefully he wont change we shall see!!! Well i have a super busy weekend.....friday my sis graduates from college. Saturday i was suppose to spend with my mom but she has other stuff to do so im going out with my mother in law. Then sunday we are going to my mother in laws. So i hope to be on here more but may not be until next wekk! Hope yall all have a great mothers day if i dont get back on here!!!
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #86  

Burgundy - what's the latest on your mom? Heart stuff always sounds so scary - hope you're hanging in there okay.

Nessa - yikes - sounds like a tricky patient situation!

Lindy - I'm so impressed by your workouts - you go, girl!

I've been out of touch for a few days at an offsite meeting. Looking forward to hanging out with the new guy tonight. Also, hoping to get recommitted to the program and get lots of exercise this weekend. I'm going to consider this a bit of a break and see if I can get focused again *sigh*

TGIF!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #87  

Dance - maybe this off week will help your metabolism rev up for a whoosh. That happened to me when I lost the weight the first time.

p.s. - I am down in my original jeans before I gained this 20 pounds. The scale said 185 today (my scale) so I am up again but I am wondering if it is muscle. I did before and after pics and there is a MAJOR difference so I have now decided I am not longer going to be a prisoner to the scale. :-D My clothes and the pictures show it and that is all that matters.

I have a busy weekend planned so I will catch up with you girls on Monday.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #88  

Lindy - woohoo for fitting onto your skinny jeans!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #89  

Dance-my mom got to come home from the hospital on Wednesday. All her tests came back good so there is nothing wrong with her heart. The Dr said it could have been allergies. I guess the allergens can make your throat and chest swell feeling like a tightness so she thought she was having a heart attack.

I have a busy day ahead. Church at 1, then a graduation party after and a mothers day BBQ after that. I'm taking a big salad so I can stick to plan. I'll check in and do more personals tomorrow.

Lindy-how are you doing g on the crunch challenge?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #90  

Hey burgundy - doing great! I have done every day, then Saturday was my rest day and I was suppose to do it Sunday but was SO sick. I think I ate something bad at the theme park so Sunday was the first day I missed BUT I resumed the schedule today and got in 95 crunches. I also missed 30 day shred Saturday and Sunday but Im not too concerned. I am going home for lunch today to make sure I get it in because we are having a bbq tonight and do not want to miss anymore days. I may also start rollerblading a couple days a week so I can really tone for my vacation in a month. We will see.

How was everyones weekend? Mine was super busy but fun. I only work 4 days this week because I am a chaperone on Gabriella's field trip on Friday. Yay to a short work week!