Old 09-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #1  
Come along, Pond

Default Getting started?

It's with an enormous amount of apprehension that I even post here. I am wracked with so many feelings, not the smallest of which is that I am doing something wrong, that I don't belong and that I will somehow screw up something. What? I have no idea. Just turning over.

I am stuck with this sense of "How do I even get started?" I guess I would love some kind of guidance on this? How do I take the first step? What even IS the first step?
GirlwhoWaited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #2  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

This is such a learning process. Many of us started out feeling confused, and many people start with that sentiment. The good news is that there is no way to screw up. We build this up in our minds so much, but it's really a trial process. Try one thing, try another, see what works and what doesn't...

Step 1 may be to figure out a diet approach that works for you. Some folks count calories, some do weight watchers, certain kinds of eating plans, etc. Sometimes taking a browse through the different subforums can help give an idea of possible approaches.

Sometimes folks start by deciding on 1 thing they'd like to change, perhaps add to their diet or eliminate from their diet. Sometimes that 1 thing is water, sometimes it's not even about diet but about exercise, etc.

I know it can feel really overwhelming to jump feet first into something you don't feel all that familiar with. I feel that way with my work, so what I did was categorized it and created different goals. Ex in this case: diet goals, water goals, exercise goals, and so on. This way, I was taking a comprehensive approach and doing my best.

Whatever you decide, do know that you can do it! Good luck!!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #3  
Come along, Pond

Thank you for the advice and warm welcome

I know that my diet needs to be changed ASAP. I have been feeling HORRIBLE lately and I know it is what I'm eating. I eat nothing good, tons of fast food and junk food. I am a serious food addict and it's so hard to give this stuff up!
GirlwhoWaited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #4  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

How are you doing today? What diet and exercise plan did you choose? How is it all going?
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote