Old 12-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #241  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I'm right there with you on the cold part, ugh! I've had a crazy cold too since thanksgiving but luckily it has been getting better -- I think I am finally at the end of it, thank goodness.

We had a holiday meal this past tuesday and I was proud of myself and you should be proud of yourself, too! We also have a brunch this upcoming wednesday where we all make food, and that's totally going to be my cheat day but I will still try to eat proper portion sizes and not go too crazy. :\ this is a hard time of the year to be on a diet.

That's good you're kept accountable for your food & everything - I don't use fitness pal but I used to, and maybe will again one day soon, but as of right now I am just trying to follow the 3121 diet Dolvett set up.. aside from his crazy workouts every day O.O

I hope you and the girls start to feel better soon, because I sure know how you feel being sick with a cold, ugh.. not fun at all. I can't imagine having to take care of two little babies along with it, too. I'd probably collapse so I completely understand wanting to rest and skip the work out. :|

I'm sure a lot of people would be kind and nice to me in the classes, but it's not just that, it's also the scheduling/times. IF I could find one that kind of fit into my schedule a bit better I would more than likely atleast try it out, but so far that hasn't happened as of yet.

I am definitely down for a daily check in with you girls - I'd love it, if you don't mind me doing so... I went on the treadmill tonight for 40 or so minutes and walked 2.25 miles, which wasn't very fast at all and wasn't very much but I really am trying to work myself into getting my heart into the exercising thing again. Right now I just haven't been feeling it. I injured myself a little while back and since then even though I'm healed, I just haven't been able to get myself back into the groove of my workout routine I used to be in. :\

I also drank my 96oz of water.. well I am almost done with the last bottle but I can do it! :]
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #242  

S/C/G: tracker

Height: 5'4"

I feel bad about my eating today, I guess it's not THAT bad but I am trying to stick with a certain regime/low-calorie diet and when I screw up even if by a tiny bit, I get upset. I want to never have breaks, and have consistent weight loss.. basically, THE DREAM! Winter is not making it any easier. Any of you just crave really warm things like hot chocolate with marshmallows, or an apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream?

I had:
- 1 granola bar, and a cup of coffee (150 calories)
- 1 big salad with chicken (No idea as I was eating out, but I guessed 450 calories)
- grilled chicken with veggies + a tub of low-fat yogurt (350 calories)
- 2 granola bars (300 calories)
- 1 granny smith apple (75 calories)

Totals to about 1350 calories which is not bad but I was aiming for 1200 AND I am still very hungry. These granola bars are the death of me, they added 450 calories with so little tummy filling up.
Health Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #243  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

If you feel like that maybe you should just toss them ;p I think your choices didn't seem that bad at all. <3 Keep it up & I'm sure you'll be feeling & seeing the results in no time. xox

Don't you just hate when you're still hungry at the end of the day? Last night after my walk on the treadmill I was surprisingly not hungry at all.. and so I forced myself to eat an apple for dinner. :|

Health nut - I also understand wanting consistent weight loss with no breaks, too. I totally would love that. So far so good.

Last edited by Savemykissesx; 12-12-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:36 AM   #244  

S/C/G: tracker

Height: 5'4"

Savemykissesx: Ugh don't we all? Thank you for the sweet words of encouragement.

I woke up today and indeed my scale said I lost 2 pounds. I am now at 210 lbs! Only 10 pounds till I am under 200s... I CANNOT WAIT!

Last edited by Health Nut; 12-13-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Health Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #245  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

You can do it!

Yesterday was a good day for me, it was my cheat day on my diet. How exciting is that?! This week has been my first week of "dieting" or I should say starting my lifestyle change. It's more like eating the right things and not overeating kind of thing. But the cool thing about it is we are supposed to trick our bodies and metabolisms so that we eat 'clean' for 3 days and then have 1 cheat day, then eat clean for another 2 days and then have another cheat day to end the week. So far it's been working for me. Monday when I started I weighed 179.4 today I weighed 176.8 after my cheat day yesterday - I am proud of that number considering I really haven't done the exercising that I need to be doing, too. So for me to still be losing it's wonderful. I did gain .8lbs yesterday but I have totally been expecting my body to go up and down with the weight and so far I have been at a constant down every morning when I weigh myself, so I am totally not beating myself up for that .8, it was kind of expected, especially because it was my cheat day & I didn't even work out yesterday either. [at all, not even walking on the treadmill] I'm such a rebel.

For food.. oh my gosh, breakfast was heaven.. having pancakes with sugar free maple syrup, I can't wait for sunday morning for this again! Lunch was also really delicious - They have a place called 'bagel world' where they clearly make their own bagels, but they also make sandwiches with them and everything, I had a roast beef and smoked turkey specialty sandwich on a vegetable bagel. Usually I'd eat the whole sandwich and I'd eat it with a bag of chips and a soda, diet (I just have always preferred diet soda's taste over regular soda) but I had consciously decided I was going to be smart with my choices and I had only half of my sandwich for lunch with a side of snap peas steamfresh veggies, and no soda. I am actually doing a 21 day challenge right now to drink atleast 90oz of water daily and have 0 soda's including the diet sodas I absolutely could die for. I had the other half of my sandwich for dinner & I had made myself a salad that I decided I was going to have as a side, so it all worked out. & I have gotten my 90oz + of water in a day for the last 4 days

Tonight I am planning on surprising my Mom and going to her house to have a 'girls night' and to have a sleep over. Always a good time but I also have to write my food meal plans down and tomorrow I'll have to work on making them, etc. We'll see.. I may end up spending sunday actually cooking. But, I have to rush home to go pick up my pup.. I am bringing my small dog Tinka definitely, I have been kind of going back and forth about bringing my bigger dog Stubbie with me, too. I think my Mom's going to love the surprise, but we'll see. The only thing I'm kind of feeling anxious about is not having my scale tomorrow morning to weigh in with... is it weird that I was thinking of bringing it? Because it's the same scale I've been weighing myself with and I don't want to skip a day. Weighing everyday so far has been nice for me.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #246  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Danielle: WAY TO GO!! You are doing awesome - making small changes makes a huge difference. I make all my food and measure it out on Sunday, for all of my meals, so it's pretty easy for me to figure out meals. I eat the same thing a couple times a week, but I'm fine with that (especially lunches).

Health Nut: Be careful on the granola bars, there are a ton of carbs and sugar in those that could keep you from losing faster. Perhaps a protein shake? My trainer said that if you're hungry at the end of the day and working out, it's the way to go. Perhaps something like that? There are a ton of better options for the 300+ calories (ok, sorry for that...I was addicted to them too, until I looked at all the "stuff" in them).

A great option that I have found that doesn't have a ton of calories and isn't too horrible is nonfat greek yogurt, I have it with 1/4 cup of fresh raspberries (they are low in sugar) and then 1 tblespoon of organic honey. The nonfat greek is very sour, so the organic honey helps and doesn't add a ton of calories.

Still no workout for me, I feel like I've been hit by a bus thanks to this cold. Wanted to call in sick to work, but had to come in because of everything going on (I work in HR). I am going tomorrow for a workout and then tomorrow is my cheat day (I get one per week). I am finding that giving up the carbs, bread, sweets etc really isn't that bad, since I get to have them on the weekend and enjoy them with the family.

Had a 1 on 1 training call with my coach yesterday and talked about goals, etc. He said you could safely lose 1.5-2% of your body weight each week, so I would be able to potentially lose 4-5 lbs a week. He's going to push me and said that I could reach my goal in 6-7 months. So, there is a plan in place (the last time I lost this weight, it took over a year due to injuries). Excited by the prospect that I could be in my new body by summer. I just want to keep up with my kids.

Hope everyone is doing well! Glad we're posting more often!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #247  
aka Vicky

Ok, and I'm down to 257!! So, that's 11 pounds down in 2.5 weeks!!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:06 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. It must be going around. I've been sick too, just starting to feel normal again. I've been super busy getting ready for a benefit dinner on Sunday. We are planning to feed 300+ people. I haven't worked out this week, when I try I end up having a coughing fit. Been staying away from the scale too. I know I need to get back on it and see what I have gained. Yikes.

My cousin has a treadmill she doesn't use and told me I could have it. So excited about that, just have to go get it.

Hope you all feel better soon. I will try to do personals tomorrow.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #249  
aka Vicky

Hi Ladies,

Well, it was snowy and crappy out and I was super duper tired at 6:15 this morning and still trying to get over this cold.....but.........I still got up and went to boot camp! That's right- outside in workout clothes clearing off the minivan and hoping to make it on time.

Had a great workout, another "Hurricane" circuit. I totally love the new trainer, Dustin (he owns the place). He really knows how to get you motivated and explains how all the warm up and stretches and exercises benefit the body. He understands I may not be perfect now, but that I'm trying. My plan is to go 3 times this next week and then the week of Christmas, to try and make 4-5 days, depending on soreness.

Food has been ok today, started out with Oikos greek yogurt and fruit. Tonight is my cheat meal, still not sure what I'm having, but it has to hold me over for a week, so it better be good!

Hope everyone is doing well. Burgundy: hoping you feel better soon! I HATE being sick. And yea! for a treadmill! When we move (hoping this summer), I will get one as well from my mother in law. Don't have the space now, but the next house has to be bigger (right now in a 2 BR with 5 of us and no basement - it's a bit cramped).

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls!
Maddiesmom - congrats on your losses!
Burgundy - great news about the treadmill - that should be a big help in getting in your miles.

Went for a three mile walk today and am planning on a hike tomorrow. I'm feeling chubby but haven't been on the scale in a week - too chicken

I had a cookie exchange party last night and didn't have a single bite of cookies so small achievement. Hope you guys are doing well at resisting temptations
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #251  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

Hi girlies!!

I surprised my mom friday night and went and slept over her house, that was fun! I was good enough to bring my prepared dinner so that I didn't eat off plan, and even an apple and a cheese stick which was also my other planned snacks and I even brought my prepared breakfast, but I didn't bring lunch because I wasn't planning on staying very long the next day because of the expected snow. So.. my brother came by for breakfast Saturday morning and I ate my breakfast while they ate their delicious bagel breakfast sandwiches with cheese.. (I miss cheese on my stuff. WAH!) and then we started playing an old game called bubble bobble. We made it to the boss and ended up getting so determined to beat it that my brother wanted to come back after he had to pick up his wife so we could continue to beat it. Usually my brother drops his wife off at work and then comes and hangs with my mom and goes and picks his wife back up (she has a short shift on saturday) and then they do their own thing, but yesterday he came back and we hung out some more. He did call us and wanted to know if we wanted to order something for lunch, and I was proud of myself and ordered a chicken kabob salad. MM, it was good. The only thing I prob. shouldn't have eaten was the pita bread it comes with... if I order a salad and it comes with a pita I don't think I could EVER turn it down, so when I order one on my own next time I WILL ask for them to not give me one at all. :| But it's okay because this morning I still weighed in at 175.4 which is 4lbs since this past monday! I am so proud of that number and tomorrow will be an exact week since I started my healthy eating, so I'm feeling good about it. Today is my cheat day and so I had my delicious pancakes with sugar free maple syrup. MM mm delicious! And I am thinking I may want some clam chowder soup from my favorite little farmer shop near my work for lunch.. we'll see what my boyfriend thinks/wants.

I did write down a meal plan for this week - now I have to figure out when I can make them, I have to do some grocery shopping so I'll be doing that today at some point (once we're shoveled out) and today/tonight I'll be working on my meals... and tomorrow night I'm sure I'll be finishing it up. I am excited about it, though. I have to still do my measurements.

Vicky - I have basically been doing the same - I eat the same lunch daily and the same dinner daily, and I am completely okay with that. It makes it easy for me when I am preparing my food on the weekend. and as long as it tastes yummy I am pretty happy with it. It's so great you have a coach that'll work so one on one with you to help you out. I am hoping that I don't hit a pleateau and if I do I am sure I'll need some professional help and if the funds are there I will def. seek it. :] You really inspire me for the whole bootcamp workout thing, I may look a little closer into doing some classes around here. Great job getting out there! I hope you're starting to feel less like a bus hit you.

I have a pretty awesome treadmill that I am happy for because it saves me from having to go to the gym to do any kind of workout. My friend from work is giving me her decent elliptical so I am pretty excited about that, the only problem is I have to go pick it up and I was going to do that today but it snowed like 12inches, so... that's out of the picture. Hopefully tuesday night or next weekend we can get it.

Dancer - Great job with resisting the cookies, that must've been really hard! :| Chocolate chip cookies will be the death of me. I am literally avoiding them at all costs, haha. At work they brought a huge basket of goodies in and cookies were a part of them. I was proud of myself because I didn't eat one, I DID take one home for my boyfriend, though. And I told him he better eat it right away, haha. Great job on the three mile walk, too.

Last edited by Savemykissesx; 12-15-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #252  
aka Vicky

Danielle: Your sleepover sounds like fun! I always wonder what it would be like to get a bunch of my girlfriends over for a fun night like that. Unfortunately, most of us have kids so that puts a damper on the planning phase. We try and do an appetizer/wine night every once in awhile - where I eat WAY too much. Congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome!!

So, the weather has put a damper on things. We had a fast storm last night that dumped 2 inches of snow on the ground...really didn't want to go to bootcamp (think I was trying to find ANY excuse not to go). Hubby actually pushed me and I went. So, I went back out in the snow, bad roads and worked out. There were only 3 other people there with me and the workout was BRUTAL. It was called the "chipper" work out where you complete a series of exercises and then go to the next one. Well, there were a total of 400 reps of a bunch of different exercises: 80 squats, 100 lunges (50 per leg), a bunch of different type of push ups, it was brutal. I was out of breath A LOT, but I finished! Glad I did, but man will I be in pain later today and tomorrow. Burned 1200 calories so I cant' complain.

Went out for a business lunch today and they had lobster bisque, which I love, but I opted for the healthy salad to start, then broiled salmon with fresh green beans for entree. THe girl next to me had an awesome dessert and offered to share, but I declined. Baby steps.

We have a huge company wide celebration on Friday, but I have to eat healthy! I'm only there an hour, since I have to leave early for my daughter's holiday party at school. Good thing, because we have a HUGE spread of food, including a ton of pasteries. I'm having my cheat meal on Sunday when my family comes over for our Christmas celebration and then I'm finding healthy options to bring to the hubby's family on Christmas Day. They are Italian, and making lasagna, so I have to find something else good to eat since I don't have a cheat left! Keeping my fingers crossed!

How is everyone else doing workout/foodwise?
Old 12-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #253  
aka Vicky

I have to admit, I chickened out tonight on my workout. I read the workout and looked at what the exercises were and they seemed REALLY hard and I just don't think my back and core are strong enough yet to do it. I feel bad for missing, but I didn't want to injure myself either.

Eating has been really good - there were bagels 2 feet from my desk all day, and I didn't have any. Also, someone brought in some homemade Christmas cookies, so I dodged those as well. Went to Panera for a salad- gave my bread to one of the girls I work with. Tomorrow will be hard, it's our Christmas party at work and they really go all out. Plan? I am going to eat healthy foods before the party and hopefully be full enough to only have a little something. Saving the cheat meal for Sunday when my family comes over for Christmas.

How is everyone else doing? I'm driven not to gain over the next week...who's in with me???

(And...I lost another 3 pounds! I measured myself, and since 12/2, I have lost 6.5 inches!!) So excited!

Last edited by MaddiesMom; 12-19-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #254  
aka Vicky

I have to say, the holidays were good for me...I really restrained on what I ate, at every single party. It was much easier. For example, had a huge work function (think 500+ people there) and they had someone from Godiva hand dipping strawberries, so I had one. But, I stuck to 2 small plates of food and I could name everything I ate. Normally, I would have gorged myself on plate upon plate, but I was really good. Salads, fresh seafood - no red meat with bread or deep fried anything, pasta, etc. They had fresh sushi, so I did have a few of those.

I kept up with my workouts (been off work since the 23rd) and I'm happy to say, I got up early every day (well, days they were open) and got in at 6:30 to do my workouts. I impressed myself. Last Friday, I went to a 5 p.m. class and got up early for my 7:00 a.m. on Saturday. I'm feeling really good and I really like my trainer. He's down to earth, very motivating...exactly what I need. He's moving to a new space after the 1st of the year, so I have to go a week without him, but he armed us with some workouts and I am determined to get it in.

So, no gains over the holidays, so I'm happy! Since starting the gym and back into my routine, I've lost about 9 inches! I haven't done weigh in...time of the month and I know I am a bit bloated. Will weigh in on 1/2 - exactly one month since starting boot camp.

How was everyone else's holiday? Anyone still around??
Old 01-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. I finally got on the scale and am sad to say I am back up to 195. Its ok though. I am going to get it back off. Went to the grocery store on Wed and loaded up on healthy food. Got on the treadmill tonight for 2 miles. Need to get new shoes with more support. I was on the treadmill for 35 minutes and ran 17 of those minutes. Only bad thing is the treadmill was a hand me down and doesnt work in manual mode so I can only go 3 or 4 mph.

Vicky-sounds like you are in the zone. Good job.

Dance-have you been on the scale yet?

savemykisses-I really want an elliptical or a street strider. I just need a bigger house to have a gym.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote