Old 01-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #256  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Burgundy: You can get this off! You've done it before and sounds like you have already started getting on the right track again. I sold my elliptical over the summer, never used it and it wasn't that great for me - it was really hard on my knees.

My gym is moving to a new location so they are closed for a week...well, it was supposed to be a week, but there was something wrong with the flooring, so I am without a gym for 2 weeks now. Dustin (new trainer) told me not to work out during that time, I'm having issues with my feet (Plantar fasciitis). So, I've been resting, but really watching what I eat. Going to lift weights here and there just to get some workout in, but my foot is killing me. May have to get different shoes. I have been in the zone lately and it feels good to be focusing on myself for a change.

January will be a rough one for me though. 2 weeks without the gym, super busy time at work and I am know studying for a certification that will take 2 years to complete and is super tough all at the same time. Juggling that and my workouts and home life is going to be hard. I'm thinking (if I can switch my body clock) that I will then go to the 5 a.m. workout (less ways to find excuses not to go at night) and I can get it out of the way. Then I will have evenings with the family and can study when they go to bed. It's going to be a rough time, but I have to find a way.

So, my 1/2 weigh in - total of 16 lbs and 11 inches gone in the month of December. Dustin was impressed and said that from the moment he saw me, he knew I'd be super motivated. Just hoping this lasts.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:56 AM   #257  

Hey guys, I am a newbie here.
Can anyone please tell me weight reducing tips apart from dieting as i am very ashamed of my weight.
victorianelson786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #258  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Victoria: Honestly, diet is 80% of weight loss. I've worked with trainers, etc. and they can only help you so much, if you want to lose, you have to eat better. Do you have a plan in place for diet?

Working out is another, start with walking, building up your endurance. I know Burgundy has done the Couch to 5K program. Lift weights, you can do that by getting light handheld weights and doing different workouts with them.

My journey (lost 85 lbs in the past, then got pregnant with twins), started by eating better. As I saw that weight coming off, I was more motivated to get moving. Did the gym membership, worked with a trainer, now I workout at a boot camp, which is wonderful because you get encouragement from everyone around you as well as the trainers.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask any questions, more than happy to help!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #259  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Hi Guys&Gals,

Im new to this thread. When I joined this forum I was 294 and now Im 295 from 300, I got up to 300 cause after awhile of dieting and working out I started getting lazy and I just stopped everything all together after awhile but on Jan. 16th of this year I started working out and dieting again and I've lost 5 pounds so far. I was always skinny as a kid, I didnt start gaining weight until after high school, While I was in high school I maintained a 120 pound weight all 4 years, Since I didnt have P.E.to do after high school to keep me in shape I just started eating fast food alot and I wasnt in sports prior to high school so I didnt have that to fall back on either so I just didnt know what to do when I graduated high school in 2003 so I just didnt do anything and thats how the weight started piling on. I started gaining weight from May of 2003 until Jan. 16th this year, So it took me 11 years to get to 300 pounds and I know its gonna probably be just as long to get to my goal weight of 150, I know it didnt come on fast and I know its not gonna come off fast. Anyway I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

I've been a slacker and haven't checked in here in a long time. Things are going good been working out five days a week at the gym and doing some wii workouts or DVDs. Eating is sometimes good sometimes not so good. Gotta learn to control that. I'm volunteering at the soup kitchen again this Year. I love it. I hope everyone is doing well. I need the accountability from my girls again.

I'll try to check in tomorrow and do personals.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote