Old 04-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #31  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey girls!

Let me just say woohoo Dance - the dating sagas are over and you can be comfortable with one guy. I am incredibly happy for you! And congrats on another 2 pounds down!

Burgundy - good plan. Maybe you can incorporate your free time with your weight loss efforts and take some nutrition classes or something? A nursing assistant sounds pretty gratifying as well. Have you hopped on the scale lately?

I have been avoiding the scale but for ticker performances I plan on hopping on Friday. Will be interested to see what's going on.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, Lindy! Just heard from my ex and we're going to do our final exchange of stuff next week and I'm not even remotely upset - just glad to be getting some basement closet space back Weird how things change.

Curious to see how your ticker looks on Friday - I'm sure it will be good!!

No exercise again today and staying home from work waiting for my cold to go away. Hope I can get back with the program in a few more days...

Hope you all are doing well.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 138/138/115

Height: 5feet 2 inches

Default starting off- 04/15/2013

I've been about 25 lbs overweight for the past 11 years and I have never been able to come close to my goal weight. This is my first attempt at online tracking and I am hoping with everyone's support I can do it. Anything to encourage me and get me started would be great.
macyme2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Dance congrats on tbe scale and the new bf!!!! How exciting!!!!

Lindy cant wait to see how your doing on the scales!!!

Burgundy the nursing assistant sounds awesome!!!

Macy welcome....we have a great group here!!!! Tell us more about you.

Well for me..... Epic fail weekend and i thought i did good! Lol it was such a pretty weekend so the hubby and i did yard work most of the day saturday. Sunday was house work day. But we grilled out most of the weekend. I ate small portions but appearently all pork is bad. They dont sweat so it is alot harder for ur body to digest it and it makes u retain water real bad. Not to mention all the salt in the seasonings....... Oh well..... I went from 171.2 on friday to 177.0 on monday. How in the world is tgat even possibke?????? Lol but after my workout yesterday im at 174.6 this morning. So hopefully ill be back down by the end of tge week and i wont screw up this weekend! It would be so much easier if the hubby would just jump on board!! Lol
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #35  

Nessa - oh noooo. Who knew pork was so bad??? I mean, I know they always say fish and chicken but pork would be my "next best thing" to go to instead of red meat. Interesting. Thanks for sharing that bit of info, lol.

Macy - welcome! We have an awesome group of girls. We have stumbled, we have failed, we have been successful, it just takes a good support system to get through it all. What is your game plan?

Dance - duh-duh-duh-duhhhhhh (think weird creepy music, lol) You HAVE to tell us how the swap goes. I wonder if he is going to say anything. Who's idea was this? What is going on the DBF...ha, ya like that?!?! I called him the DBF! :-)

Got in a killer interval run yesterday and today, pretty excited. I ran at a 5 speed on the treadmill and switched to 3.5 for 30 minutes straight. I am also accurately calculating my calories burned by taking my average heart rate and plugging it in to a formua. It seems I burn about 230 in 25 minutes doing that exercise so I like it. The weather is getting warmer here so I will likely start swimming soon. I absolutely LOVE swimming, the only problem in the past is when I swim, I am starving after, like, my stomach hurts because I am so hungry so I have to be careful. When I swim I get a great amount of toning to my body. Friday is quickly approaching, cant wait to post for you girls. I will then lay low again for a while and probably wait another month or so to hop on the scale. But it is only fair I have my ticker accurate.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #36  

Lindy - you are such a hoot! The swap will probably happen while I'm at work (since he's still an unemployed loser at the moment and has lots of free time) so I won't even see him at all. He sent me an email asking if he could drop off a box of my stuff and I asked him to wait until next week and I'd make sure all of his stuff was waiting on the porch so we could get it all taken care of at once - that's it. No drama really Not sure I'm ready for the dbf title just yet but I might be coming around to it. He has his daughters this weekend so I think I'll probably only see him Thursday night this week but that's just fine - I have lots going on at work and need some time to recover from this cold.

Sounds like you are doing awesome with your workouts - intervals are such a great thing to do. Looking forward to seeing your ticker progress - can't believe you're patient enough to wait a month in between weighings!

I have a botox appt tonight after work and a highlights appt this saturday. Maintenance takes so much time and effort *sigh* What do you girls think of my adding caramel highlights? My hair is usually auburn but it's probably more brownish at the moment as the red has faded. I know the 'dbf' has always had a thing for blondes - is it too weird to add some lighter highlights and see how that looks? I'm in the mood for a change, I think.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #37  

Lindy oh my gosh. I had no idea pork was so bad!!! The trainer said lean white meat.....well heck pork is white when its cooked.....honest mistake! lol but yeah fish and chicken are best according to him! That is awesome that you have a formula that figures all of that!

Dance- i love caramel highlights. I say if thats what u want- go for it! Being beautiful takes alot of our time doesnt it? Lol

Wow....what a workout today.... I think i sweated more today than yesterday....maybe that means a bigger loss!! Lol he has us to 3030's on the treadmill (no slower than 9.0 and he prefers 10.0 on the speed) and man i know it burns some serious calories but omg.........i have NO energy after them. And he always makes them the 1st exercise! Lol and he was seriosuly hard core today. If we stopped before he called time...... We started over with another 20 seconds!!!!! He was also yelling if it were easy everyone would have a 6 pack! Believe it or not.....it is motivating some people would not like his methods but it works for me! Lol and he started talking about sweet potatoes today.....i was like whoa whoa whoa...........we are allowed sweet pot??????? He was like yea at lunch it is the best carb you can put in your body........i went straight to the store....i did not pass go.....i did not collect 200 dollars.....i went there and bought some (4 enough for the whole week) man......i thought i was in HEAVEN at lunch!!!!!!!! Of course no butter sugar etc....but omg.........that sweet pot was the most amazing morsle of food i have ever had!!!!!! Lol

I hope you ladies have a great day!!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #38  

Nessa - you are so flippin funny. What are 3030's? I am so interested in what your trainer does with you because I am hoping to incorporate some of it in my gym time, so share away. :-)

Dance - I totally love the idea of caramel highlights! I think you would carry it well and heck, summer is coming so there is no better excuse to do it than that reason alone. If you do end up doing it, you must post pics. Botox...for what? I know this is crazy but I have seriously debated botox, yes, even at my age. I have the furrough brown line in between my eyes and it makes it look like I am always angry. People tell me that all the time and I have debated getting botox there to avoid it. I just dont know though. Is this your first time or have you done it before?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #39  

Lindy- Oh i come back to the office every day and type up what we did so i have it with a description in case i have to stop using him for whatever reason. i can always scan them and email or mail them if u want them all. But we normally start out with 2-5 minutes of warm up on the treadmill he likes no less than 6.5 on speed. Then he will make us do the hard core stuff. Like today was 2 full sets of 3030's. Which is 5 times total of each 30 seconds sprint as fast as u can at the speeds posted above and jump off rest for 30 seconds. When u jump back on for the second 30 seconds you hold on to the bar until you get going then let go. So you dont fall. Then hop off repeat 5 times. Take a 2 min 30 second break and do 5 more. Then if its arm day we will do all kinds of weights..... Rows barbell assisted lift etx. Today he had us do these odd things where you do basically a push up but one handed and the only thing touching the floor is 1 hand and 1 foot. The other hand goes under your chest with a weight and then up to the ceiling. And we always have to do some cardio to keep the heart rate up with the arm exercises. I really have to find the names of the stuff he has us do! Lol he LOVES burpees of all kinds and flutter.kicks and leg lifts. Jumping jacks and jump rope are another favorite. For leg day........he loves the sled and lunges and the dead body drag (his name for the exercise not mine!! Lol but it is basically dragging a boxing bag thing that weighs like 100 + pounds for like 100 yards.) and flipping the bag. And inclining the treadmill as high as it will go 15% i think and walk very fast. Like 3.0 or above. For 10-15 minutes. The last minute. He has us hold onto the bar and run as fast as we can 4.5-5.0 on speed.)

I can go on and on...but dont want to take up half ur screen!!! Sorry if i cant explain atuff very well!!! Feel free to ask any questions ill gladly answer.

Oh he used to like 3030s on the bike (resistance 15) and sprints onbthe bike resistance 15 and get 1/2 mile in under 2 minutes but he says that is for beginners and we are beyond that now! Lol
Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #40  

Thanks for the encouragement, girls! I'll give the highlights a shot this weekend.

I've been doing botox on my forehead and around my smile lines for maybe four yrs now, I think. I ask them for a natural look (not frozen) and it seems to erase the existing wrinkle and prevent the grooves from getting worse. If you decide to give it a try, make sure you find someone a friend strongly recommends - you are too animated a person to have an overly frozen face! It hurts a little but it's over fast and I only do it once every 3 mos roughly.

Last edited by dancerindenver; 04-16-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #41  

Thanks Dance! Good to know! :-)

Ok, so I have to pick your girls brains. How many calories are you consuming a day (roughly). I think I may be consuming too few.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #42  

Thanks Nessa for all the info. Yes, can you please email me your information? It's iceprincess1921 at (the email address that starts with a y) If I type it out, they will block it from you. Does that make sense? lol
Old 04-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #43  

Lol. I think i got it Lindy- mine is Nessa131 with the email that starts with an H. Funny how we have to do everything in code!! Lol. Give me a few days to get them scanned and i will email them.......just dont laugh too hard at my descriptions and everything!! Its rather comical looking back at the first bunch of them!!

Well i am down to 173.6 so its getting better. I just have to make better decisions at night. That is when i get super hungry. I eat supper. Last night fish and broccoli. Then i was starving by 8 so i had a small bowl of raisin bran. One day..... Lol
Old 04-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #44  

Lindy - I think I'm usually in the 1200-1500 range but I'm older and less muscular than you so I probably need a few hundred less than you. Where do you think you are these days?

In a good mood tonight for no apparent reason - making a big pot of chicken tortilla soup (without the tortillas) and catching up on laundry - not usually my idea of a wild and crazy evening but for some reason I'm having fun with it
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #45  

Dance - since I am eating "clean" 5 out of 7 days a week and then indulging a little on the 2 off days, I am at 1200-1300 calories a day and 1900 on my off days. Im a little nervous to get on the scale now because I put on a dress that use to be tight on me thinking it would fit and I could not even fit in it. :-( I would be pretty upset if I have no lost considering my level of exercise and healthy eating. We will see. I have my final essay to write today so I have to work on that, will try to catch up later.