Old 05-31-2011, 03:22 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Fer-your memorial day dinner sounds yummy. We played a few games after the BBq too. Went to a ceremony at the cemetery yesterday, then a luncheon after.

Turbo-join right in. There are usually more of us, busy schedules but they check in when they can. Its great your bf is doing this with you. Additional motivator. Im sure those lbs arent true gain, drink lots of water and they will come off.

Got in a 2 mile walk last night. I have committed to walking the dogs everyday this week since they will be at the kennel while we are gone. It will have to be later this evening today if its not raining. They get hot fast and dont want to take them out now.

Where is everyone????
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #137  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Thanx for the welcoming words, Ferumbras and burgundyrayne People around here are so sweet!

Burgundyrayne : The damages done this weekend are already going away, this morning I had lost 1 of the 2 pounds I took. And walking the dogs is such a good motivation to do sport. Can't wait to have a dog to do that (my cat isn't the type to walk by my side LOL!) What breed of dog do you have?

This morning I wore a pair of jeans I've been wearing for 1 year and I've fot few people telling my they look loose on me : YAY!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hey all! Welcome Turbo

I thought I was good then it all went to...well you know where haha actually I'm not doing so bad haven't been working out as much as I'd like things got crazy busy again. Food wise I've been doing really well accept for the wine on the weekend I cut out about 80% of my starch and sugar (accept for the wine) which is really hard but I'm starting to feel the difference!
June is going to be a much better month for me, work has slowed right down to a crawl which is good and bad. I have about 25 hours a week so it'll give me lots of time to get back on track both food and exercise wise Haven't braved the scale in a week or so, we have a date tomorrow morning

Fer did I see somewhere you lost 11 pounds this month?? Wowzers great job!!

You ladies all look like you're on the right track...I can't wait to join you in June
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:23 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

carved: You heard right. And thank you. Makes me feel better about being a few ounces off from May's goal weight. :P
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Fer - way to go! you are a weight loss super star!

Sorry I've been a bit MIA. I'm fed up with myself and am recommitting to my weight loss program. I'm going back to tracking my daily calories on the dailyplate and am going to run or walk 3miles 4x/wk or more. I'm sick of my back-to-chubby self (regained some weight after sustaining a loss for about a year and a half) and want to get back to that great feeling of clothes being too big.

Hope you all are doing well!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #141  

No worries, dancer, I think everybody's been enjoying the spring-time weather and spending less time at the computer (except me, at any rate, what with Oregon's penchant for rain). Good for you for not getting discouraged and recommitting!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

I'm with you Dance I feel like I've been up & down so much the last two months I'm starting to feel like a yo-yo
On my second day in a row of using fitday and working out it's a start So off to get in a workout then have to get dinner ready & take ethan to baseball...time is running out haha Where does the day go??

Hope everyone is having a great start to June
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:44 AM   #143  

Hi everyone!

Today is my last day of a symposium I'm attending (2 in 1 week, I'm so tired) and I was happy this morning at my weekle weigh that i only took 1 pound... I think it's not that bad, having eaten out about 4 days of the week!

Yesterday was the WORST : we had some kind of a little buffet for lunch and it was CARBS CARBS CARBS. My diabetic friend and I were freaking out lol

Good friday everyone!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #144  

I looked in the mirror this morning and I think I'm actually seeing a difference! It helps that at my dress fitting yesterday I saw that they'll be taking in about 4 inches of the dress from my torso. Woohoo! Once I drop one more pound, I'll take another round of progress pics, just to be sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.

Started level 2 of 30 Day Shred this morning. Oh man... I thought I'd been doing so well with level 1, but this kicked my butt.. Just means I have to keep working at it, I guess, lol. And I still want to get out for c25k today. Somehow, I'm not sure I'll be able to find the energy.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #145  

Hey Fer, what is the 30 Day Shred? I've seen it mentioned around the forum but I have no idea of what it is ahah!
Have you started the c25k? Do you like it? I started to run again but not following a specific plan.. I'm wondering if it would worth a try!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #146  

Turbo: 30 Day Shred is an exercise dvd led by Jillian Michaels of Biggest Loser fame. It's split into 3 levels each approx. 27 minutes long (that includes warm-up and cool-down). The idea is that you do level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10, then level three for the final 10 days of the month (hence the title). Each level is progressively harder and more demanding. It's meant to build your strength and endurance. It won't necessarily do much to shed pounds, but it will make you stronger and your muscles will be more defined when finally revealed after losing weight. I've already noticed the difference after 11 days of doing it.

I have started c25k, yes. I'm supposed to start week 2 today, but am not sure I'll get to it -- combination of being very busy today and my abs screaming at me. I do like it, though. I've never been much of a runner, but it eases you into things and it feels good to know that I can do (at least so far). So yes, I would say that I would recommend it, particularly if you're new to running or want a structured plan. If you've been already running for a bit, you might want to jump in at week 3 or 4, depending on your fitness level. I have the iphone app for it, which is great because it not only tells me when to run or walk, but also records how far and how fast I've been going, so I can track my progress over time. So far, I do about 2.5 miles. I'm hoping to bump that up; we'll see.

Last edited by Ferumbras; 06-03-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Turbo-see, I knew those lbs would come off fast. I have 2 Boston Terriers, they are my babies.

marmalade-I havent been working out much either, gotta get back on track.

Dance-looks like a lot of us have been slipping a little but we can get back on the right path. I know Ive done it before.

Ferumbras-you are a rockstar, you have lost so much so far. I am sick of not losing but I know its my own fault. I need to mirror you. I should out 30ds soon.

So TOM is here and I was up to 189 but got back down to 187 now. I have been eating so bad too, so I dont know where those lbs went, but I cant complain. I have been keeping to walking the dogs, even though we didnt go very far today cos the mosquitoes were horrible.

Leaving for Alabama on Sunday so I probably wont be on much for the next 2 weeks but will try to check in as much as possible.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #148  

Burgundy: I really like 30 DS; I highly recommend it! And Jillian isn't as annoying as I thought she'd be (I'd never watched BL). I admit, having my wedding coming up in less than two months is a great motivator!

Oh man, mosquitoes... One thing I truly do NOT miss about living in the Midwest.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #149  

Ferumbras : wedding in 2 months? wow!!! you must be so thrilled!

and the 30 DS dvd seems pretty interesting! I might give a try to it!

Today is cleaning/laundry/packing boxes day! it's only 3 PM and I'm exausted! My bf is away for the weekend and I think it's more easy for me to do all this when is not around lol. He really wants to help but finally ends up being more in my way than anything lol

I also discovered while packing that we have 21 coffee cups. and we're TWO in this appartment. Go figure. Now I know I can host a banquet without any stress, everybody we'll be able to have at least a coffe :P LOL.

Hope everyone's having a good saturday!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #150  

Turbo: I am! I just went for a make-up lesson today, so I won't look like the 6 year-old who played in mommy's make-up box on the big day, lol.

You're moving too, eh? Good luck to you! I just hired my mover this afternoon. Still have to do all the packing, though. I too find it easier to do without the hubby around. At least for the beginning stages. I'm sure by the end of next week I'll be happy for a helping hand.