Old 05-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Happy Friday all!!
Had a good week but gave in & had chinese food for dinner tonight. However I used a small side plate rather then a dinner plate & half of it was mushrooms mmmm can't ever get enough mushrooms!! Can you tell I'm justifying it? haha Had a great workout tonight to help counter act the dinner & heading out for a run with the dogs in a bit after Ethan & I finish batman forever I think I'm mastering cheating in small amounts haha If we go out for Mothers day I'll eat good I'm thinking Salmon sandwhich on naan bread and green spring salad super tasty.
Hope everyone had a great week!
Anyone up for exercise this weekend? Planning on 2-3 miles tomorrow & might get up early Sunday to do an hour of biggest loser & a mile on the elliptical. Weighing in Monday rather then tomorrow going to drink a ton of water and work all this sodium I just consumed

Good job on the mile burgundy

Fer how'd the Zumba go? I've been meaning to try that looks like so much fun!
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

@Carvedmarmalade: The Zumba was fun, but really hard. Not just in that you're constantly moving at a fast pace for 60 minutes, but trying to figure out the moves is a challenge. I'm not a natural dancer, but I can find a beat. Never thought I'd be doing some of those club dance moves!

I definitely intend to go back.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #93  

Fer yay for the zumba glad you found something else you really enjoy!

I don't think I got in as much miles as I planned but the weekend isn't over yet! Chinese wasn't the best food choice for dinner but that's okay the rest of the weekend I've done really good. We have 30 kingsize choc bars for baseball fundraising calling my name but I'm not giving in!
Did an hour of BL dvd on friday & 1.5 walk in the pouring rain with the fam & dogs. No time for a workout saturday between baseball, team photos & then I met up with my mom & sister for the afternoon
Bought a new dvd yesterday at a garage sale which I did this morning sooo good! Yoga Booty Ballet it is fantastic I skiped the intro and the 1st workout and went straight to the advance fat burning, yikes it was hard but super fun!
Last week was fantastic even though I didn't workout saturday I think I'm offically out of my slump For the rest of the month I'm going to try & workout in the morning 3 times, on the weekend and once during the week. We'll see how that goes the rest of the days I want to get back in the habit of getting right into it after I get Ethan home from school.
Hope everyone is having a skinny weekend
Old 05-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #94  

@Carved: That sounds like an amazingly busy weekend, but kind of fun. I have to ask, though, what is Yoga Booty Ballet. I have some very odd images in my head at the moment.

I've had a good weekend thus far. Went to a winery yesterday and only had a few small sips that I stole from my DH's glass -- and it wasgood wine. Worked out for 50 minutes when we got home, then out to a dinner party. So many tasty desserts... The worst temptation were the home-made chocolate chip cookies. Again, I resisted. And then again when we hung out at a bar for a little over an hour before going to Rocky Horror. I'm not sure how I managed to be so in control.

Today, I intend to work out at home and finally start writing my paper for the conference that I leave for on Wednesday.

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #95  

Yoga Booty Ballet is a fusion of yoga, booty sculpting, and cardio dance of all sorts it's pretty fast paced but low impact. I think it was an infomercial thing a while back they have a bunch of dvds.
The one I did started off with cardio dance targeting abs/legs/butt, then ballet style yoga moves targeting legs/butt, with standard yoga cool down.

I read some reviews on it today they were pretty mixed, but after trying it I'm thinking some of the people were nuts. I used my heart rate monitor & my heart rate was in 78-86% most of the workout, I was sweating up a storm and my butt & legs were killing me by the time I was done.

It was lots of fun I love dance workouts and ballet so it was perfect for me.
Although it was a bit hard to follow because they moved so fast. However I did choose to skip the first 2 workouts and jump right into the advanced section so probably my fault
Old 05-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferumbras View Post
@Carved: That sounds like an amazingly busy weekend, but kind of fun. I have to ask, though, what is Yoga Booty Ballet. I have some very odd images in my head at the moment.

I've had a good weekend thus far. Went to a winery yesterday and only had a few small sips that I stole from my DH's glass -- and it wasgood wine. Worked out for 50 minutes when we got home, then out to a dinner party. So many tasty desserts... The worst temptation were the home-made chocolate chip cookies. Again, I resisted. And then again when we hung out at a bar for a little over an hour before going to Rocky Horror. I'm not sure how I managed to be so in control.

Today, I intend to work out at home and finally start writing my paper for the conference that I leave for on Wednesday.

Hope you're all doing well!
Great job with the will power!! Sounds like you juggled everything perfectly Sometimes that is the hardest part
Old 05-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, crazy weekend. Im gonna try to do better and post more this week. My moms mothers day wasnt the best. My sister called me around 130 and said my mom passed out and then an hour or so later she passed out again. We talked her into going to the ER. The doctor said it was probably from her sugar dropping lower than what her body is used to. She is feeling better now.

Ive been doing good with workouts, but food wasnt the best today. My sister in law showed up with meatball subs for dinner for everyone. I only ate about a 1/4 of one but then I had a small piece of cake. Did w5d1 c25k yesterday. Im gonna try my hardest to run 2 miles tomorrow. The 5k is on Friday. Im gonna use Dances advice and just slow my pace down. Someone asked what c25k was(sorry dont remember who, I'll look back tomorrow) Its couch to 5k, it gets you ready for a 5k in 9 weeks. Ive got a 5k before the 9 weeks is up so I am trying my best to run as much as possible lately.

Have to head to the boys house in a few hours. Get the 7yo on the bus then head home to get the dogs cos the landlord is coming to fix our hot water heater, it decided to start leaking today. The dogs hate the landlord for some reason. Hopefully I can get the 4 year olds bike in my trunk so I can take the dogs for a walk and he can ride.

I'll try to do personals tomorrow evening. Happy mothers day to all the mothers here.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #98  

Thanks, @Burgundyrayne! I was the one wondering about c25k. I just started it today. I'll end up having to start over next week, as I'm going out of town, but I like the sound of it.

Don't beat yourself up over today. Sounds like you stayed pretty darn good as it was.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #99  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies,

Sorry I’ve been MIA – life has gotten so unbelievably crazy – don’t know what I’m doing half the time!

Here’s my story – the week of Easter, I fell down my stairs and sprained my ankle and my foot. I was on crutches for 5 days and it still is hurting here and there. Jeff is ARPing it to help it heal faster, but it’s still taking some time. Of course, it didn’t help that I got super depressed and ate almost every bad item I could think of (fried chicken one day, a gyro the next). I really gotta stop those pity parties! Ugh. I weighed myself and got pretty depressed, but it’s driving me again to do better.

I’m working out with Jeff, but he’s customizing my workouts so I don’t hurt my foot. I’m back eating well, only fresh foods and lean meats.

Work on the other hand is insane. I have 3 huge projects due this week and then I’m also assisting on our 90th anniversary party, which takes up a large portion of my time. I’m working nights and weekends, but really trying to make time for myself with workouts. It’s extremely stressful and at this point, I’m just trying to get by. The working out is making me feel better, so I’m gonna keep doing that.

Welcome to Ferumbras - I've been with the girls for 2 years now (wow!), but I tend to slip in and out lately due to work (as you can tell from above).

Allison: You are doing awesome with C25K! I'm determined to do a 5K at some point, but with my back, I just can't do it right now. Easing into it. Hope your mom continues to do better, that can be scary - especially since she lives so far away from you. Don't beat yourself up about the sandwich - just think what you would have done a few years ago! You are amazing!

Dance: Hope you had a wonderful time in Mexico - and yes, we will DEFINITELY get together next time you are in Chicago!

I hope to be on here more and more, but I don't know what tomorrow will bring...
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #100  

@MaddiesMom: Pleasure to meet you and wow, I don't blame you from taking a break from the site for a while. I hope your ankle heals up soon. I find that spraining an ankle is one of the worst kinds of injuries -- at least for me, I'm always deluded into believing it's better long before it actually is, so I put weight on it, stress it, and re-injure it all over again, making it weaker in the long-run.

I know what you mean about working out making you feel better. I'm finishing my Ph.D. and anytime I slack on the exercise, my stress levels skyrocket.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

maddiesmom - oh no! so sorry to hear about your injury - what a bummer - just what you needed on top of your crazy busy life, right? Ugh - hang in there kiddo.

Sorry I've been MIA a bit - major yard projects weekend - had sod installed and a bunch of other stuff done so I've been all yard all the time for a few days. Got in a few walks and lots of bending and lifting with all the yard stuff. Will come back and catch up on the posts tomorrow but wanted to say a quick hi for now - hope you all are doing well...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Ferumbras-good luck with c25k. I see your weight dropping everyday seems like, you are on a roll. I wish mine would start dropping again. Im a lb above ticker right now.

Maddiesmom-you poor thing, hope your ankle is feeling better and work gets a little less stressful. We understand you not being here so often but drop in when you can. And 2 years we've been together here, wow!!! I was really hoping to be at goal by now but hey at least I know when I get to maintenance I'll be able to do cos I have maintained around 187 FOREVER.

Dance-yard work is a great workout, I have some work to do in mine but just keep putting it off.

I ran 2 miles today. It took me 24 minutes so Im hoping to do the 5k in 40 minutes or less. Its only 3 days away.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:53 AM   #103  

Burgundy: Good luck on your 5k!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

burgundy - holy cow!!! 2 miles - you are a running rock star!!! 12min/mile is a nice pace too - good for you!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:11 PM   #105  

Maddiesmom sorry about your ankle! Good job keeping up with your workouts, sounds like you have managed to keep your momentum even with the hustle and bustle of your hectic world

Burgundy great job WOW I second Dance 12 min mile is fantastic great job lady!

Well not so pleased with the Booty Ballet 2nd workout (toning basics) not near as good as the advanced fat burning. Might do it again but only if I add it to another workout.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Good luck on the 5k burgundy