Old 04-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Well no such luck at weigh in down half a pound so 201.5 that's alright I'll try and get there next week! Loss for April is 3lbs better then nothing not sure what was up with me this month. May is around the corner so we'll see if I can keep my focus, last 2 months were farily slackish I think i've finally got my mojo back. Look like there is some nicer weather on the way hoping to add daily 1mile walks with the dogs on top of "normal" workouts as well.
It's sunny now but supposed to rain possible snow later yay for spring haha
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

ferumbras-you can get back on the wagon and you have to take time out for working out. Like you said it will make you feel so much better. Do you have a wii or any dvds?? Something you can do a few times a day for 10 or 15 minutes each time? I love wii fit plus. Are you on plan now after your last hoorah??

Dance-all my family is fine thankfully, but there is so much devastation in northern Alabama. There was a tornado about 15-20 minutes from my hometown. My mom went thru there yesterday and said it is absolutely horrible. Bagels and cream cheese are a weakness for me. Havent had one in forever though.

marmalade-you are doing great, next week will be your week to see 199. I would love 3 lbs in a month. i lost 3 lbs in 10 months.

Cleaned the house today and did w4d2 of c25k this evening. It includes 5 min runs. I did it Friday too. I really had to push myself to finish the last 5 minute run on Friday. Today seemed a little easier.

Gotta pick up the 4y/o from his dad at 8 in the morning and have them til 630, then again on Tues. Probably not gonna do c25k those 2 days but I will get in some kind of workout. Chris is getting some tattoos tomorrow, really wish I could go with him but a 4yo cant sit still for that long. I'll bring him back to my house so he can play the wii.

I got back to using my ab lounge. I hope it helps to firm me up a little. Going to AL in a little over a month, really want to at least see some inches gone if the lbs dont wanna go.

Hope everyone has a great week.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I was out of town yesterday, so tried to stay reasonably good diet-wise, but couldn't exercise (driving -- didn't get home until after midnight and by then I was exhausted). So today it begins! I used to exercise at night, around 10 or 11 pm, but I think I'm going to switch to trying the middle of the day. I don't have a wii or use dvds. The people annoy me too much. The one that came with my elliptical was just downright creepy. I have a sticky on my elliptical telling me the intervals I'm going to do, a large timer, and an audiobook on in the background. It's worked in the past; this time, however, I'm adding strength training to the routine.

Groupon has a deal in my area for a weight loss program at one of the local clinics. I bought it, but still need another 3 people to join it for it to go into effect. I'm not sure I'd spend the full price on the program, though. So I'm really hoping more people do this Groupon, that way I'll get a personal trainer of sorts to help me. We'll see what happens, though..
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #79  

Hey Ladies Yay first sunny Monday in May!! Another day of sunshine here ooooo so nice for a change!
Had a bit of an emotional weekend but I managed not to binge eat & through myself into spring cleaning. Have 4 bags of stuff to drop off at a donation bin *sweetness* my storage room is starting to lookin fantastic.
I was pretty busy running around doing errands but I managed to get in a bit of exercise. Ethan started baseball saturday their first game is Thursday. Kind of scary having a game after one practice only 2 kids on the team had played before, and they didn't really learn much about how to actually play baseball. I'm sure the game will be entertaining Should be fun!
Going to get in a workout soon thinking about doing biggest loser & some just dance on wii with ethan, then off to walk the dogs after dinner. Thinking about tacos for dinner mmmm Think I'm going to spend the night job hunting think it might be time for a change.
Sounds like your making great progress with c25k burgundy
Hope everyone is having a great Monday

Last edited by carvedmarmalade; 05-02-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #80  

I've gained so much with my peganancy that I don't know how to start losing weight
carmencane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #81  

What have you tried so far, @carmencane?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #82  

BTW -- any of you done kick-boxing? I want to try it tomorrow, but am a little nervous.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #83  

Hey Ladies! had a great 50min workout now I'm off to walk the dogs

Fer: I love kick boxing it's so much fun you'll have a blast! I've done a few classes and then I bought a Billy Blanks dvd. It's a pretty killer workout just remember to go at your own pace you don't want to hurt yourself. I found it fairly easy to learn the moves it's a really good workout though.

Carmencane: Don't beat yourself up too much it happens to the best of us! The most important thing is you and baby are good and healthly
I was 155 when I became prego with my son I think my last dr's appointment before I delivered I was around the 230-240 mark. Yikes I went to the gym everyday with my mom & breast feeding help a lot I lost 50-60 pounds in the first year then slumped for years & years & years. In the last 2 years I gained all that weight back ugh so sad but it can be done determination and support is key!
Have you tried any food or diet programs? How old is your little one? Keep your head up you'll pull through! You just have to find something you like, when you have fun it makes working out less painful
Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

fer - I'm a billy blanks fan too - did some of his videos (yeah, back in the pre-dvd days) and really liked his tae-bo version of kickboxing. curious to hear what you think.

carmen - welcome!

marmalade - wow, good job on the workout AND dog walking!!

I'm off to chicago for business for the next few days - maddiesmom, the next time I come out, we should try to get together (that's if your life is a little less crazy by then).

Hope you all are having a skinny week!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #85  

Dancer: I haven't tried the B.B. videos. There was a Groupon for a local martial arts studio offering a discount on women's kick-boxing, so I bought it. In an hour, I shall finally give it a try. The problem with going so far has been that it's at 9am, which is about the time I take my morning shower. I'm not a morning person

Last edited by Ferumbras; 05-03-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #86  

Just got back from my first-ever kick-boxing class. Wow. I think I like it, but it's not what I was expecting. Not as much kicking or boxing as I had thought. Lots of conditioning work. Good stuff, as my abs are still reminding me, and definitely what I need. Really hit home how out of shape I am.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Ferumbras-Ive done Billy Blank dvds in the past, I think I have a couple Tae Bo dvds. I should pull them out.

Marmalade-good job on not binging. I didnt do so well with food today, gotta get better at that.

Carmen-welcome, what program are you following?

Dance-have fun in Chicago(i know its probably a work trip though)

Maddiesmom-where are you???????????????

So I skipped doing c25k and opted instead, to see if I could run and mile. AND I CAN!!!!!!!!! So proud of myself, now I just have to add 2 more miles to that. My 5k is in 10 days. Moving on to week 5 of c25k soon. I'll have the boys tomorrow and overnight/Thurs morning. I want to get in a good workout before. Gonna take the wii so I can workout after they go to bed. I rented the Country Dance for Wii, but not liking it so far. The moves are a lot different than Just Dance.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #88  

So I tried to go do Zumba this morning. I'd tried contacting the instructor in advance, but she never got back to me, so I figured I'd just show up and see what happened. Unfortunately, the gym where it's held requires that you be a member to take the class -- no optional daily fee. But the front desk assistant was very nice and suggested I try a different gym down the road.

I popped in there and ended up buying a punch-card for 10 workouts. I can use it for any of their classes, plus stay and use the equipment. Not too shabby for the price. I'm thinking I'll go back tonight and try the Zumba class at 6:45. I'm also contemplating some of the other classes they offer. My husband and I are moving back to Boston this summer, so there's no point in joining one of the gyms out here in Oregon, but we're thinking we'd like to join a class of some sort once we're out east. I'm looking at this as a chance to sample a variety of types. I did kick-boxing yesterday and have paid for another 6 sessions of that. I'll do the Zumba today or tomorrow.

The other classes I'm contemplating are the group step program, group ride (which seems to be a spin class), group power (which is a barbell program).

Have any of you done any of these before? Any recommendations or suggestions?

I also just got a call from a weight-loss clinic and have my first appointment on Friday! Before it had looked like I was gong to have to wait for two weeks before starting, which was kind of a bummer. Now I'm all excited.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #89  

Burgundy: What is c25k? I keep seeing this mentioned but have no idea what it is.

Congrats on your run!!

Is the wii particularly good for working out? I once tried using the eye-toy for the PS2, but it was very bad at recognizing what I was doing and became more of a frustration than anything else.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Fer - I love zumba - if you get a really good instructor, it's more like dancing in comfortable shoes than a workout. Hope you like it!

Burgundy - really good job on the mile! I always find that if I'm trying to increase mileage, the key is to just slow way way down and not stop and revert to walking even if you're jogging at what is practically a walking pace. C25K may have other ideas but if you're trying for a second mile soon, keep in mind the slow way down option and keep on truckin!

On my way back from chicago today - no workouts while I was here - totally my own fault. Need to make up for it the rest of the week. Will check in later...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote