Old 06-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

keller - way to go!

marmalade - make sure to stretch your calves a ton - now, while you're recovering and going forward to avoid shinsplints. Late night eating is my big issues too - my latest thing to try is drinking an isopure protein drink (alpine punch flavor, 60 cals and 15g of protein) before going to bed as they usually make me feel full. Let me know if you crack the code on this one - I'll be curious to hear what works for you. I'm pretty sure I'd be 20lbs lighter without late night munchies!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

Thanks ladies.

Just met with a personal trainer for an eval! not the results I wanted. They have a 40 point system and i scored a 7 =[ Kindof a reality check, but just gotta work hard to get where I want to be. She did give me props on my diet and workout regimen though =] Think i'm gonna start in the next couple months when money isnt such an issue.

Off to the pool. Have a great day
keller237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #228  

keller - just think what a calorie burning machine you'll be with all these new muscles you'll be building with your workouts! Can't wait to see what your updated score will be in a few months

Planning on a run or walk after work tonight and a run in the morning - anyone with me for miles? I could use a virtual workout buddy
Old 06-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #229  

Morning girls!

So, didn't make it on the walk last night but did run 3 miles this morning with the friend that's staying with me. Nice to have a workout partner temporarily. And am planning on a 3 mile walk tonight with some other friends. It looks like I'm down 3lbs from last week's scary high scale reading. I'm still above ticker but am going to see if I can get back there in a few weeks.

A low carb protein drink at bedtime is really helping with the nighttime munchies but I'm definitely open to other tricks if you guys find any.

What's everyone doing for the holiday weekend? Lots of barbecues?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #230  

Spent a little too much time at the pool and got a bad sunburn on my back. Can't even put a shirt on it hurts so bad. It hit 101 degree yesterday afternoon after being rainy and gloomy for a good week. Temps 104 right now. Ugh! So no gym and no outside for a couple days. Gonna try and use my weights and at least do some sit ups and arm curls and stuff like that this weekend.

Nephews comin in tomorrow til Tuesday. Staying with me a couple days. We don't get to see a lot of him because he lives iin a different city. Goin to the bfs moms for lunch and my parents for dinner for the 4th. Grilling, pool, slip n slide, hanging with the fams!

I asked my parents to get me tickets for the zac brown band concert in a couple weeks for my birthday.I've allways been daddys little girl! So I'm hoping I see em soon

Have a good day
Old 06-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

dancer: My holiday weekend involves hoping our moving truck finally shows up. We'd intended to be in Yellowstone by Saturday evening, but that's looking less and less likely.

keller: Ouch! Good luck with that sunburn.. they can be truly rotten. I once got sunburned on my face while skiing -- second degree burn. Couldn't sleep on my stomach because the pressure of my face on the pillow was too painful -- and at 7 years of age, it was the only way I knew of to fall asleep. So count your blessings, lol!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #232  

keller - poor you - that sounds really tough.

fer - ah, the joys of moving. good luck staying sane during the process - it's quite a challenge.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #233  

Fer- diid the moving truck come on time? Are you headed to yellowstone yet?

Happpy july everybody! Be safe with the fireworks

The few days skippin the gym put a little damper on my workout but I got my butt back there today and diiid a longer workout. Eatings going well. The 4th bbqs start tomorrow as well as my friends daughter birthday party. I'm stickin to the fruit to snack on! But I want some cake and a dr pepper sooo bad!

My lapptop broke so I have to use my phone. Grrr. And its broke and I won't get my new phone for at least another week. Maybe that's a sign to get off it and do something!

Anyways, hope your ladies weekends are goin well!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, sorry I have been MIA so long. My niece is still here and my sister and mom got here this morning. They're gonna be here a week. We are getting some walks in and have been playing soccer and jumping on the trampoline a lot. BUT I find myself snacking when my niece does. I have been thinking about trying the grapefruit diet again for a little while but havent really decided yet. Im trying to stay away from the scale this week. Hope you all have a great 4th. We have some fireworks, and gonna grill some chicken and veggies
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #235  

keller - bummer about your laptop! you're a trooper, posting from your phone - that takes me forever!

burgundy - snacking's a killer, isn't it? glad you're having fun with family.

All's pretty good here - getting lots of exercise and had a spa day with a girlfriend today.

Hope you're all doing well....
Old 07-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hey Chicks! Happy belated Canada Day & 4th of July!

We are back fromt he weekend away wow am I sore and tired! I forgot there is a huge huge hill in the middle of the area that over looks the community and the lake. My mom and dad actually did it with me a few times I think Friday we got in 2.3miles and Saturday 4.5miles which just about killed me we went up and down in a few times then walked a trail. Sunday I was so proud of myself I went up and down it 4 times yay me haha Food was good a kept my calories between 13-1550 with beer and wine but managed to only have a couple a night and I snacked on pretzels instead of chips. Skipped a workout yesterday but I got on the scale this morning and I'm down .5lb maybe 1lb it couldn't make up it's mind so I'll check again tomorrow.

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy holidays are so hard but luckily it's summer and there is more "healthy" things to snack on
Well I'm off to workout trying to over do the workouts today it's our 2nd wedding anniversary and I need to free up some cals for chinese ugh I know very very bad!! Eat early and overdose on water for the night is my plan
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Sorry not to have posted in a bit. The moving truck did not come. We first learned it was broken down, then after about a dozen phone calls we learned it would never come and they offered us our money back. Needless to say, we took it and hired another set of movers. Luckily, the people we called were actually able to get us a truck that same day (Thursday)! Granted, they came at 10pm and weren't done until after 1am, but still they came! We'd been seriously contemplating having to rent a Uhaul.

We spent the past two nights in Yellowstone, having a simply smashing time. Truly amazing place.

Now we're sitting on the Montana/North Dakota border, freshly showered, and are off to Minnesota tomorrow to stay with my folks for a few days.

Last edited by Ferumbras; 07-05-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:25 AM   #238  

fer - nice job on turning the moving truck situation around! how's the food situation on the road? Are you stopping at grocery stores?

marmalade - great job on the mileage over the weekend!

lots of exercise for me this weekend - ran on Sat, rowing machine workout on Sunday, ran again yesterday. Scale hasn't moved since last week and I'm having the usual frustration with that since I'm sticking to 1400 cals/day and exercising every day. It'll come off if I just stick to it but you girls know what it's like - you just want it to be happening now!!

Hope you all are doing well!
Old 07-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #239  

Glad to hear you ladies had an awesome weekend. Weighed in this morning at the same as last week, but its been teetering for a few day now. Had a little too much to eat(mostly healthy still) but def overdid it on the mixed drinks last night. At the pool right now, takin a break to update but plan on hitting the gym tomorrow for more weights and a jog.

Fer- sounds like your having a great time. Minnesota is amazing! I looove it! I'm also curios as to what you've been eating!

Carved- great job with the workouts and happy anniversary!

Time to jump back in. Its gettin hot out here. 104 again today. Ugh,
Old 07-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #240  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all. I have been away for a couple of weeks. We went to market in Dallas and then came home my home computer is now in one of my stores since that store's computer crashed, I am on my lap top which works well one day and not so well the next. My eating is getting back to pre market, pre 4th and pre hubby birthday eating. Have a blessed day.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote