Old 05-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Ferumbras-me and my sister in law were just talking about getting hula hoops today. Have you tried out the dvd yet??

Suenos-welcome. I have been at a plateau for around 10 months now. Dont know what is up with my body. Sounds like a lot of fun around your house with 3 boys. I just ran my 1st 5k last week. It was amazing and I plan on doing more this summer.

augeremt- Welcome, are you following a certain plan.

So I'll do a little intro: I'm 29, married for 9 years, no kids, 2 boston terriers. I am a part time nanny to 2 little boys, ages 4 and 7. I've been calorie counting but need to get back on track with that. Ive been slacking some. I keep up with workouts though so I maintain around 186-188. I am doing couch to 5k right now.

We got a big group together today and cleaned the cemetary for the Indian Church today so that was my workout, I raked for almost 3 hours straight. Now I have a nasty little sunburn on my arms. That'll feel great tomorrow.

Where is everyone???????????? Check in if you are lurking
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

@Burgundy: I actually gave the hoop a go today; I'd done the arms yesterday as they're much easier to get the hang of and don't require the dvd. As right before I'd done 30 Day Shred, I only did the warm-up portion of the hooping, but it was good. Got the hoop to stay up for most of it, including when I had to switch positions (sometimes). I like it so far. I got a hoop that collapses to about 1/4 its size, which'll make it easier to pack when we move.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:50 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Ferumbas - Yes, Polish. Good guess!

I'm not really following a plan per se. Just trying to eat healthier and drink less beer. And by healthier I mean that I try to refrain from eating out (due to expenses, mostly, but also calories) and from skipping meals, since that usually leads to me pigging out on pretzels or bread to satisfy my hunger.

So that's my "on plan" plan for now. I used to calorie count but that drove me nuts and I could only stick with it for a month tops so now I pick out recipes that are lower in fat and calories. I have a general idea about the amount of calories in everything but I don't really keep track of it. It got to be too overwhelming and annoying.

For now I'm losing, more when I exercise, less when I don't, so it's working thus far. Once I stop losing weight with exercise then I'll revamp my plan. But for now this is good for me.

What are you in grad school for?

Last edited by augeremt; 05-23-2011 at 02:52 AM.
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls - sorry I've been a bit MIA - work has been nuts and I've been doing horrible with my eating and I think I've been too embarrassed to come tell you guys. I don't know what's wrong with me lately but I'm all about the instant gratification of eating bad stuff and don't seem to be able to remember how much more fun it is to get ready to go out when you're feeling good about the way you look I'm heading out on a business trip this afternoon and am going to try to turn things around today, turn over a new leaf.

Welcome new folks! Nice to see some new faces.

Hope you all are doing well....
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #125  

@augeremt: Well, I had an advantage being Polish myself. Sounds like you have a good plan for yourself, though. I hope it goes well. Oh, and I'm getting my degree in medieval history.

@dancer: Good to hear from you! Sorry you've been struggling a bit. I know it can be tough to stay on plan (or get back on plan!!) while away from home. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hey Chicks! Sorry I too have been mia my bad week lead to a blah weekend.

Tia & Kasia!

I am also having issues with instant gratification but it has caught up with me. I had major stomach cramps & bloating (I'll spare you all the gory details) it's been a while since I did a candida clense so I think it's that time again. I had symptoms over the weekend I don't usually get & Sunday I felt so bad I did nothing all day but go back & forth to the washroom

Fer ooo hooping! I have a weighted hoop it's lots of fun but it bruses me haha so I don't use it a whole bunch. I found it a lot harder then I remembered as a child

Going to go & see if I can find any new candida friendly recipes I can add to my clense ugh I'm dreading it. I think I may have to do 2-3 weeks since I feel so crudy. Hope I can find some tasty food so I have enough energy to live let alone get in some workouts
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

[QUOTE=burgundyrayne;3857558]
Marmalade-sorry to hear about the problems at school with Ethan. Dont get too stressed out. You are doing so good at dropping weight. Are you just counting calories?? I cant remember.QUOTE]

I was using fitday to count calories it's sounds bad but I don't care to make the time to do it myself haha it's so much work! I got really busy with work and life & I've been slacking off on the food side of things Mainly I'm trying make better food choices & workout daily. I slacked a lil bitty on that last week too.
On that note going to get a workout in while I cook dinner...multi tasking anyone?
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #128  

Ferumbras-I might have to look into getting a hoop. I have a trampoline and love it. Im such a kid at heart, lol.

augeremt-I try not to eat out too often too but my husband always wants to. Ive stopped him from it a lot lately, he knows I am trying to get back on track. You're doing great losing 15 already.

Dance-we're in the same boat. I have been eating whatever I want the last week or so. I recommitted yesterday and have done pretty good. Had an awesome salad for dinner instead of chili dogs that Chris wanted.

Marmalade-seems the bad week blahs are going around but glad we are all on board with turning things around. I used to use fitday too and got lazy with it. Might have to do it again since that darn scale never moves.

Its been cold here in MI and Im tired of it again. It was in the 40s today(I know not super cold, but I got used to the 70s) I havent gotten in many walks/runs. I have been a super slacker but yesterday I told myself it had to stop. Got in some good workouts and food has been a lot better.

I think I am gonna break out the kettlebell tomorrow. All its doing now is keeping the box with dogs toys closed.

Lets all get back on track. Im gonna try to post here more often. I can tell when I slack posting here, I slack in my eating and exercising. Y'all have to keep me accountable.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #129  
kashametallic

S/C/G: 140/ticker/110

Height: 5ft

hiya
Can i join? just lookin to loose 25 pounds.
please and thank you
aussienerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #130  

Sure thing, aussienerd, join in the fun!

burgundy: The hooping is tough, I have to say. I still haven't gotten the hang of the first move in the workout. I'm happy I can just get through the warmups!! But hopefully I'll grow to be more coordinated and will strengthen my core at the same time.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #131  

Aussienerd-what plan are you following, tell us a little about you

Fer-I'll have to look into it. I need to change things up with workouts.

So I didnt do the kettlebell workout today but I walked 2 miles and mowed most of our yard(its huge) with a push mower, so Im pretty sore now. I wish I wouldve remembered my pedometer. 11 days til we leave for AL. Im excited, might get to bring my 7 yr old niece back for a couple weeks.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #132  

Went to a BBQ today, probably ate too many carbs but after ate we walked 4 miles so maybe that worked off some of those calories. Just a week til we leave on vacation, gotta work off as many cals as possible. Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #133  

Have a great time on your vacation, Burgundy.

For Memorial Day we went over to a friends and had a quiet but plentiful dinner --- grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, a delicious salad, lentil soup. Yum! Then we played Pictionary, which I haven't played since I was maybe 10. It was a lot of fun.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #134  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey all! Can I join??? *insert puddle face wanting a cracker HERE* All the thread I joined seem to fall down I'm getting lonely in my weight loss!!! LOL!

I'm 24, Canadian, living with the bf (who also do the diet!) and my crazy orange cat and I'm a master student in college. I'm trying WW and it's doing pretty well so far

I gained back 2 pounds over 3 days, being out of town and getting diner with friends. But I'm motivated to kicked them away bu friday!

I hope you're all having a great monday!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #135  

Jump right in, Turbo. Glad to have you with us.