Old 04-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 235/213/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! How was your day?

Reasons - welcome! Keep at it with the jogging - I promise you'll get faster. I'm by no means fast, but I've improved my pace by 1 or 2 minutes per mile since this time last year.

marmalade - I hear you with working out with the guy around! I am about to have the same problem - I move in with my bf in 3 weeks, and I know it will be more difficult to make time to work out when he's around. I'm hoping to find something he and I can do together - don't know how well that will work, though!

dance - I don't think tea would cut it for me, either. I'm excited for more fresh fruit to start appearing at the store - at least a bowl of berries would be better than a bowl of ice cream!

I have big plans to hit the bike while watching Biggest Loser - I have the bike on a stationary trainer, so I can ride while I watch. For some reason I can't bike for very long, even though I can run for quite a while now - I'm going to shoot for 15 minutes on the bike today, and some stretching so I'm ready for a run in the morning. Hope you all have a good night!
keraniluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Dance-thanks, I am trying to build up to running all the time like you. I am glad the snow is melting(slowly) I love being outside to run/walk. Your dinner sounds yummy, might have to try that soon.

Kera-I do like c25k. Im doing a little better in the evenings the last few days, just have to stay away from the kitchen. I am so ready to see the 70s. My run today was so cold. Good luck on the bike, my knees get weak biking.

marmalade-that sucks about your car, hopefully you hear something soon and insurance covers it. Dont let your husband derail you being home, you are doing a great job. I need to pull out my biggest loser dvd, havent done it in a long time. Great job burning all those calories, I need to invest in a hrm. I'd love to know what Im burning while doing c25k. I just rented the zumba game. Had to take it back yesterday but am considering buying it. I love having lots of options on wii games.

reasons-welcome, i recommend the zumba game, I really liked it.

Finished C25K week 1. Onto week 2!!!!!! Working 3 days this week, today, wed, thurs, just have the 4 year old but we are trying to get him ready for kindergarten so lots of work to do on that. Really dont like not getting to sleep at home cos I never sleep a lot over there. Friday we are gonna have our first cookout to bring on the warm weather.

Eating has been good, I take all my own food to the boys house and plan to stick to it. They dont keep many snacks in the house so that helps and then I am home for dinner.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #33  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Kera: Thanks for the stretching ideas. I stretch a lot before I run, guess I just have bad knees. Along with a bad back and bad hip! LOL I had back surgery last October that I'm finally recovering fully from, so it's been slow going on the running - don't want to do too much too fast.

Reasons: Welcome! I think you're one of the first people to call me tall! LOL I hope you like our little group here. What are your WL plans? Eating/exercise plan?

Marmalade: Shucks! Thanks for the compliment! You are the workout queen! Glad you got the heartrate monitor. Jeff sold me his old one and I love it. It's great to see how much your work pays off. The most I've burned is 850 calories in 70 minutes with Jeff's workout. To answer your question, he changes my workout every day, so I never get bored. A lot of it is circuit (which you can probably tell).

Burgundy: Congrats on getting through the first week of C2 5K! So proud of you! Great with the eating plan. I live by it. Spend too much money on fresh produce at the grocery store to go out and ruin it by eating junk. Trying to avoid our cafeteria as well - too many tempations! We're starting to warm up here as well - can't wait to start grilling!

Dance: That sandwich sounds yummy! My newest creation is a salad I have every day: greens and spinach with blackberry, raspberry, blueberry and pecans. Add rotisserie chicken for protein and then sugar free raspberry vinigarette. Super good. I'll have to try yours. Glad you are getting your walks and runs in.

Well, here's more good news. I'm starting to get feeling back in my foot (finally). Down side? It hurts! Feels like electricity is going through my foot and part of my leg. Yesterday during my workout, it felt like my foot was on fire (For those of you who are new, I had back surgery due to a herniated disc - part of the herniation hit a nerve causing numbness in foot, ankle and parts of my leg). Still feeling it now.

Work has been super busy and is about to get crazier. Someone is out on maternity leave and we have our company's 90th anniversary celebration (company is spending $1 million on this party) and now with her out, I get to help with the gala over the next 6 weeks, plus my usual work. We'll see how this works. I'm still determined to work out with Jeff my 3 days a week, plus I need to keep up with my running (Jeff said it will help improve my nerves as well...started getting the feeling back after running the 2 miles on Friday). We'll see how everything pans out.

Here's my workout from last night:
warm up - 3 rounds
20 squats
20 sit up

Circuit - 3 rounds
1 minute pushup
1 minute pull up
1 minute kettle bell swings
1 minute box jumps
1 minute burpees
1 minute rest

Doesn't sound hard, but by round 3, I was sweating. Going back tomorrow for more, so I'll post that one as well, in case anyone wants to join!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Maddiesmom that made me tired just reading it haha! Good job!

Burgundy renting why didn't I think of that haha I should do that, I forget you can rent games what a good idea

That sandwich sounds tasty dance! I'm not a super big bread eater either. These days my rule is if it isn't fantistic why waste the calories? I'll either leave it on the bottom & take the top off or I'll tare off all the extras around the sides. I do that with wraps too if you buy a wrap there is always a ton of extra it's annoying, Rick thinks I'm nuts haha but really who wants to eat plain bread or flat bread?

No big workout tonight just got home from work it's 9pm, I'm tried so I think I'll turn in early it was a long long day & I'm beat! Not sure what happened to my short day and afternoon workout I'm going to get in some little quad/ham/hip/thigh/glutes stuff trying strengthening exercises hopefully it helps my knees, if not it's working something so it's win win either way Probably won't have time for much but I'll get something in. Alright gots ta get to it quick like or it'll be 11:30 before I'm in bed again
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 235/213/175

Burgundy - I hear you on the cold runs - I cut mine a bit short today because the cold made me cranky. It's supposed to warm up here soon, though - hopefully it will be spring there soon too! Congrats on finishing week 1 of C25K!!

Maddiesmom - I know some people do have issues that make it difficult to run very far - taking it slow is always the best. You can always stick to walking if that hurts less - some of the people in the races I do walk at a 13:00/mile pace, which HAS to burn just as many calories. Sounds like you're super busy right now - good job keeping up with workouts! Maybe I'll try that workout tomorrow...

Marmalade - how did the workout go last night? Any interesting moves to share?

I got in a 2-mile run today - cut it short from 4 miles because I was bored and cold, but I was happy to at least do something. I did some stationary biking and weights last night - I really need to keep up with the strength moves! Tomorrow I hope to do a good strength workout.

I'm definitely having dessert tonight - but trying to pick just one thing and not keep snacking on the stuff sitting around my apartment. Just because I need to eat down the pantry doesn't mean it all has to be done today!
keraniluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 207/198/170

Height: 5'9"

Kera - Thanks! I've never been a fan of running, but I am also a recent non-smoker (16 days) so maybe I can gain a new appreciation.

Carved- That really sucks about your car! I hope insurance will help cover the cost

Burgundy - I am in Michigan also. It has been so cold! Every time we get decent weather, we get rain! ugh! I'm looking forward to some outdoor activity! Good job on the C25K! I tried it once and couldn't do it. I'm a wimp!

Maddiesmom- Thanks for the welcome! I see we have back surgery in common! Mine was 2 years ago (L4-S1 double laminectomy) due to herniated disc and crushed sciatic nerve. I also lost the feeling in my right leg, from hip to toe. Most miserable experience of my life, so I truly feel your pain. I'm currently battling sciatica in my left leg now. I really need to get my weight under control so that the pain will go away.

Just a short intro for you guys: I'm 29, single mom to an almost 11 yr old. When I was pregnant with my baby I gained 70lbs. Lost it, gained it back, lost it again and then gained it back AGAIN! lol. So it's time to lose it again.

I've tried everything recently and can't seem to lose more than 5lbs. I'm just on the verge of starving myself right now. (I won't, I love food too much, but I'M SO FRUSTRATED!!)

I'm attempting a 1200 cal diet with the original power90 workout. I'm on my 3rd day of this plan so I can't really give any results, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Reasons - belated welcome! Sorry you're in a frustrated place - that can be so tough. Some of the longtime experts on the board recommend tracking every single thing you eat in one of the many tracking tools around for a week or two (I like livestrong's the daily plate) to see if you're getting more calories than you mean to - that might help. But coming here to vent is always a good plan! Sounds like you've had more than your fair share of back troubles - yikes! And serious congrats on quitting smoking - what a great thing to do!

maddiesmom - holy cow, honey! I just don't know how you do it! Major killer workouts and job craziness and nerve pain - wow! Love the sound of your lunch salad - I'm going to try to start bringing lunch again more often - I've gotten out of the habit lately.

kera - I don't do so well with tempting stuff in the pantry - how did you do with your one treat yesterday? Hope it went well.

marmalade - your knee challenges may be different than mine but for runner's knee, they recommend you doing the world's most boring leg lifts (lie on your back, leave one knee bent, raise straight leg over and over, switch legs). Apparently it strengthens the muscles that keep your knee cap in place so it won't rub against something that creates the pain. Anyway, if there's a chance that would help, wanted to pass it along.

burgundy - wooohooooo for week 1 completion! WTG! Love the idea of being able to do virtual miles with you!!

Doing okay here - had the girls over last night for our first book club meeting. Made a healthy dinner (baked chicken with roasted red pepper sauce, farro, sauteed spinach, salad and berries for dessert) and have tons left over so my bf and I have dinner set for tonight already which is nice. The red pepper sauce is so good - loosely based on romesco sauce from spain - here's the recipe more or less - 8oz jar of roasted red peppers (drain off most of olive oil), half can of diced tomatoes, a half cup of slivered almonds toasted, a few cloves of garlic, minced and sauteed, a TBSP or two of paprika, some cayenne to give it a kick and throw it all in the blender. Serve with chicken, fish or shrimp. Kind of a red pepper pesto but not as rich or thick.

Planning on a walk before dinner tonight and maybe a run after work tomorrow. What's everyone else up to?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #38  

Vicky-that workout would kill me but maybe I should try it sometime. Keep posting them. Glad you are getting feeling back in your foot but sorry it hurts. Maybe that wont last long.

Marmalade-i own a bunch of wii games but never buy unless I rent them first and know I like them.

Kera-Im onto week 2 tomorrow, hopefully its not too cold. 2 miles if def better than none.

Reasons-Im from Alabama and these Michigan winters kill me, I hate them(even though Ive been here 10 years) We have a lot in common, Im 29 too, no kids though. Sounds like you have a good plan going now, stick with it.

Dance-Im getting outside as much as possible, its slowly warming up so I will definitely be with you whenever you wanna get some miles in. Gonna have to try the red pepper sauce, that sounds awesome.

I had the 4y/o today, didnt have any errands so we took a 5 mile walk. He was in a stroller most of the time, do you know how hard it is to push a 4 year old down a dirt road that has just been grated. HARD. I had to have him get out and walk some. He loved walking through the puddles though. Came home at 4 and took the dogs 2 miles. SO 7 MILES for me today. Gonna do W2D1 C25K tomorrow, then we are having some friends over for a BBQ.

Sandy texted me yesterday, shes doing good. Working 50+ hours a week, she started back at the gym yesterday too.

Have a great Friday.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #39  

burgundy - wowza - 7 miles!!! you are a super star!! Just think how much harder that would have been to do 50lbs ago. Put your feet up for a well-deserved rest!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #40  

Dance-thanks, I wish I couldve gotten in another 7 today but it just didnt happen. I did do w2d1 of c25k, so that was 2 miles. Gonna get some miles in tomorrow if you wanna join me. I want to take the dogs tomorrow, they love it. Just hope all the neighbors keep their dogs in check, we've been run up on by 3 dogs in the last week. Not fun. I'm gonna hit up the craft store tomorrow for more supplies for jewelry making.

Enjoy the weekend everyone. Its supposed to rain here Sunday and Monday.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #41  

burgundy - we are so on for on for miles tomorrow! I need a reason to make sure I get out there - thanks for being an exercise buddy! Anyone else want to join us? I'm planning on a 3 mile run and maybe a two mile walk later.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:22 PM   #42  

OK Dance, I got my miles in, did you?? I walked with the dogs 2 miles and did 2 miles on my own later with a little jogging but not c25k. Also did wii fit plus tonight. Its supposed to rain the next 2 days so I might not get to do c25k until Tuesday. I'll have the boys Tues and Thurs 1pm-1130pm so I hope I can get w2d2 done on monday.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #43  

Burgundy - got 'em in Sat and Sunday. Good luck with week 2!

Going for a walk with a buddy tonight which should be nice. What's everyone else up to?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #44  

Did week 2 day 2 today, that was tough. I really gotta build up my endurance. So that was 2 miles then did 2 more miles this evening. Ive been getting 4 in the last few days. Planning on a walk with the boys tomorrow.

Where is everyone???
Old 04-12-2011, 12:30 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hey ladies! Wow burgundy you are a workout queen fantastic job with the miles! You too dance! I managed to get in 3 miles & a little over 3hours of extra cardio/strength. I missed a bunch of days just didn't have the energy for it, but I've managed a good workout the last 3 days so I'm back on track. Getting back into working out daily alternating between elliptical & workout dvds.
Dance that red pepper sauce sound super yummy think I'll try that on fish this week thanks for posting the recipe. The knee stuff ya everything I found is very boring makes me feel like I'm 70 haha but I think it might be helping.

kera I think standing abs are a top favorite, calf raises & plie squats are the best of the best in my opinion. They're my go to things I do them all the time when I'm waiting around. Usually while I'm cooking or washing my hands haha can't ever get in enough in my mind, legs are so very important
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote