Old 03-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Despite some pretty impressive bad weather, I made it back home in one piece. I made good choices, food-wise, while I was in Alabama, but had too much chocolate on the delayed trips there and back. My sinuses were better, but 24 hours after getting back home, I was sneezing like a cartoon character. I've gotten through the work day thanks to drugs.

Marie, thanks for sharing the photo of the quilt! It will be gorgeous when it's done. Keep me posted re your iPhone. I may get one when my BlackBerry dies, which might be sooner than I'd like.

Ah, Penny, Casablanca, "I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue." They don't make movies like that anymore! The weather here is chillier than it should be, so I'm colder than it should be, and wanting big hot meals more than my usual salads. I found that I like Healthy Pop butter popcorn. The one-serving bags help me when I'm feeling munchy while watching a good movie.

Auntie, I love cut flowers. I was really spoiled by living in NYC, where it was easy to get them relatively cheaply on at any corner "deli." I respond strongly to flower and scents. I love oils, potpourri and smelly soaps and lotions. I've cut back since so many people seem to have allergies. I miss the days of my youth, when people had signature scents, and even the men loved wearing aftershave.

Okay, once again I'm working way too late. This will be a bad week, as I will be out of the office so much this next month. Wish I was going somewhere exciting, like Thailand! Marie, we need more details.

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:13 AM   #332  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, things are good here. Sadly spring break is over and work isn't nearly as peaceful. But my started off badly (mocha incident all over my clothes as I was getting in my Jeep) but I refused to let it ruin my day. No ahh, it's Monday attitude. Amazing how the mind can be powerful as I had a really good day. Nothing exciting or grand. Just good and content.

Thailand. My daughter is having surgery and I'm going with her. Not a fun, exciting trip. We will sightsee the first 3 days as the surgery was delayed 3 days. We leave on tax day. We'll be gone 3 weeks.

Judy, way to go on staying on plan in the deep south. That isn't easy. I love flowers and scents but my allergies and especially my asthma can't take it. I hate when anyone has perfume or cologne on. I have to use an inhaler if they walk in my office. I've "found" reasons not to hire someone because they wore asthma inducing perfume by the gallon. Of course that's never my reason, but I will find a valid one. But flowers, especially cut lilacs, I put in my office, suck on the inhaler and just enjoy the scents of winter being gone. And I love my iphone. If you get one, you will love the program Lose It! (by Fit Day) Other than being the best logging program I've ever used, it was free.

I did the interval training on the elliptical this morning and DH and I walked the doggies 1.5 miles this afternoon. I'm low on calories and how much do you want to bet the evil scale will tell me I gained a pound??? @#$@#$#$% thing is evil. Sometimes nice, like the devil luring you into its parlor.

Time for a TV show before bed.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 03-31-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #333  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Marie - I love your quilt - thanks for posting the photo. Your trip to Crater Lake sounds like fun. Your flowers may not be out yet, but you get a lot more sunny days down there. I'd be happy to make you some more soaps - it doesn't make any difference what time of the year. I made some of the orange blossom soaps for a girlfriend's birthday gift and she said she put one down the side of her sofa to scent the room! A bit weird - but hey if it works for her. I hope everything goes well for you and your daughter in Thailand. I'll be thinking of you and sending healing thoughts.

Judy - I'm glad your trip to Alabama went well and that your sinuses are better. It sounds like you are allergic to something in your home town. My allergies always disappeared when we went to Hawaii or Europe. I'll have to get some of that healthy popcorn. It will give my mouth something to do that's less calories than the usual snacky stuff!

Auntie - I hope everything's going ok for you.

I saw an interview about diets and the woman who was being interviewed said you should view food as a bank account. If you withdraw calories for a treat, say a large breakfast, you have to 'pay it back' by deducting calories later in the day. A bit simplistic, but an interesting way of looking at it. My account has been way overdrawn lately!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #334  

Well, I've been in Chapter 11 for six months, based on my calorie mismanagement....

A confession: I was so aggravated by the time I left the office last night (after 8PM) that I went to a restaurant near my home, sat at the bar and ordered a drink and nachos. It was enough nachos for a table of five. So I was mite embarrassed, and jokingly offered some to the folks sitting nearby. I probably ate two people's worth of chips and guacamole, while reading a book on using Microsoft Office for task management . It's the kind of thing I would have done in my 20s and 30s, except it would have been a funky dive, not such a nice restaurant. And I would've had more than one drink.

Today I have been eating on program. I should be at a reception as I write this, but think I'm just going to go home at a reasonable hour.

Marie, I hope you get to see a little of Thailand while you're there, even though it's not a pleasure trip. What will we do on this thread without you for three weeks? I hope you'll be able to check in to let us know that your daughter is doing well.

Penny, my sinuses have calmed down, thank goodness. It's the pollen from all the lovely trees. It pouring down rain today, which is good, but I hope that we're done raining for a few days, so that the tourists can roam around outside instead of being stuck in the museums and the ESPN Zone.

I do hope that all the other chickies are okay!

Last edited by judydc; 04-01-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Well, it seems I am letting another week slip by off program. I just can't seem to get it together lately. Hmmmm, could it be that I didn't print out my journal page and I haven't written anything down in 2 weeks? A distinct possibility... That and PMS is a baaaad combo.

Penny, my hyacinths are blooming - yay! I don't know what happened to my daffodils. Maybe the squirrels ate them! We had a crazy weather weekend that made the flowers start popping. (That's my theory, anyway.) It was hot and sunny Saturday, then we had a ridiculous storm with lots of rain on Sunday. Sooo, where does one buy these perfume oils? I've got to try something new...

Marie, oooh, I love your quilt! Purple is so delicious, and low calorie, too! So sorry to hear you're getting a Red Robin so close. At least we have to drive 40 minutes, so it doesn't happen too often. And I missed the HG Lava Cakes recipe. I started filtering those emails into a separate folder since I don't have the kind of leisure time I used to have, and then I just deleted them all without looking at them since they were piling up and adding to my stress. I guess I'll have to search for it on the website one of these days. I hope your daughter's surgery goes well, and you do get to have a little fun on your trip.

Judy, "Chapter 11 based on calorie mismanagement" gave me a good laugh! I'm heading there, myself, if I don't shape up soon! Congrats on getting OP today! And oh, the cut flowers... I've been looking and looking, since my first purchase of gerbers, and can't find them again! Nothing else compares right now, I just want the gerbers! I think I'm going to plant a whole mess of them this year, just for cutting! How are the cherry blossoms holding up in the rain? There was a picture of them on the front page of my local newspaper a few days ago, but I'm sure that didn't do them justice.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #336  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning everyone. I have the "I don't want to work" blues so I'm not. OK, I'm back after 30 minutes of having to work...

Auntie, wow it sounds like you had a great weekend weather. I'd love hot and sunny. It's misty/sleety and very windy at the moment. If we'd truly had a couple beautiful days, this wouldn't bug me. At least is hot in Bangkok. And print out your log. It's so much easier to be off plan if you allow yourself to not log. So try my brainy trick - I tell myself I can have whatever I want as long as I log it. So far, I've never followed through on being off plan with that option, but it does get me to log again.

Judy, chapter 11 and nachos. A thing of yesterday, not today so march on. I thought of you yesterday when as was going through MSNBC.com pics of the cherry blossoms. There was one pic that was so pretty I put it as the desktop on my iPhone. So pretty much when I log my food or make a call, I think of you. soon either DGS or the doggies will be the desktop but since I don't have spring here, I need it vicariously.

Penny, the food bank - I've been that way since I first lost weight 18 years ago. I always say a food is cheap or expensive (which is most of the time) and that I can't afford it. Heck I am way more frugal with my calorie money than I am with my real money.

I had my legs and bikini area waxed yesterday. The legs, no problem but as I will never, ever wear a bikini, I'm thinking never again. Food and exercise is right on track. My back, knock on wood, seems to be easing up. I ordered DH and I a new bed, a sleep comfort number bed as our softside waterbed is on its last legs. I think it is making the back (facet joint) worse as well as the bra. I hadn't gotten new ones since I lost the last 24 pounds. Went down a rib size (the damn overall size of the girls refuses to shrink) and man way more support. So I'm hopeful. My new bed should be here in a week, and in a week and a half, I'll be leaving it. But maybe I'll have a couple days of good sleeping.

OK I really should work...
Marie
Old 04-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #337  
Brit Chick

Judy - I hope you enjoyed your little nacho splurge the other day. Well, if you're Chapter 11 in the calories department, I must be close to going bankrupt! I think my scale is conspiring against me - I don't know why it's being so uncooperative! Maybe I'm just in denial, so I'll have to review exactly where I've been going off track lately and hopefully make some adjustments that work. The pollen is pretty bad here too (the downside of the lovely blossoms) and my car windshield had a thick layer of pollen on it yesterday.

Auntie - I love gerberas too - they're such cheerful little flowers. My hyacinths are just poking through - I just love their scent. I'm also finding it hard to log my foods. I know I should do it but since I'm so inconsistent with it, it doesn't seem worthwhile. I just don't seem to have the mental energy to log when I'm stressed. I started gaining again as soon as I stopped logging. I need to give myself a good and just do it! You can get the pure perfume oils at Whole Foods. They come in tiny glass bottles - usually around $10-$12 but you only need a few drops mixed with plain lotion like Curel. You can buy online, but the shipping is kind of high.

Marie - Owww! A bikini wax must be like some kind of torture! I get tears in my eyes when I wax my upper lip! Like I said, I'm going to have to log consistently if I want to lose again. It's been very discouraging lately with the scale creeping forever upwards. I'm going to have to be a lot more frugal with my calorie spending. Your new bed sounds nice - i've heard they are very comfortable and you can adjust the hardness to your liking. The weather has been pretty chilly here too and we're hoping it warms up a bit on the weekend. I'd like to see the sun come out so I can take some photos of the flowers before they fade.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by penpal; 04-03-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #338  

Today is Office Clean-Up Day--because i can't find anything, and it's gotten to the point where I'm shuffling through too many papers and piles on my desk. I'll be away all next week, so I need to locate stuff to take with me to San Francisco and Seattle.

I haven't acted out with more pub food, thank goodness. I have been working out more, although not this morning, as I had an early-morning meeting at another office. I figured out that I'm rebelling against anything else that I 'have to' do, as my life already seems to have an overwhelming list that I can't do anything about. So some mornings I just crank up dance music and shake my groove thang for 30-40 minutes, and that's better than nothing--and great for stress, too.

We've had a lot of wind and rain, so some of the grass is covered by beautiful feathery pink clouds. I walked through a swirl of drifting magnolia petals this morning, and the smell was delightful. Now the sun is out and the touristas can shed their clear plastic drugstore ponchos.

judy
Old 04-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #339  
Lifelong Journey Member

Default Damage is Undone!!!!

Yes, you read the Title of my post correctly. It's taken 8 months to undo the damage, but I am officially (to the ounce even) back to where I was in my weight loss. Last August 5, I weighed 195. This morning I was 170 - where I was when I came up with the stupid idea not to weigh every day, ok not ever. 25 pounds later, I faced the scale and was nearly to the 2xx mark. So my ticker has reflected this mini weight loss over the past 8 months. Today I changed my ticker back to the diet loss I started nearly 3 years ago. On april 25, 2006 I weighed in at 212 pounds. So that's always been my real starting weight. I just used the 195 until I was through the stupidity fix. Today is that day. YEAH!!!! From this point forward, it's truly forward progress and not just making up ground. I'm excited about that. I have 35 pounds to go until I get to where I really want to be. Once in y life, about 17 years ago I was there and for my small frame, it looked right. So i'm going there.

We took the dear doggies running this morning through the mountains. They had a blast (they ran, we walked). Miss Kai Bear found herself a dead animal to roll in so she STUNK on the way home. She and I took a shower as soon as we got home. I lost my doggie shampoo and only had the peppermint shampoo for when Blizzard was skunked last fall. So I have a Peppermint Puppy. And since she's white and loves to dig, she looks beautiful for the moment.

Food is on track and even on my trek across the mountain yesterday. My elliptical and I have had fun this week and I've been doing some basic strength training (mostly focused on my knee maintenance). I've tried upper body mildly as my facet joint continues to recover.

Judy, welcome back to the west coast. Too bad I'm 300 miles from Frisco or we'd definitely carve out time to meet. Maybe we could have danced around together. Man that's my favorite way to get ready for work. I occasionaly scoop Kai into my arms as she's only 46 pounds (the other doggies are too big) and she and I dance. Lately it's been to Already Gone (sugarland), I Want You (kelly clarkson) and Authority Song (john mellencamp). Those songs come on and my feet and hips just start to go.

Penny, we have a beautiful weekend in store for us Oregonians (I'm making an assumption your weather is like mine). It is so pretty to see the gorgeous clear blue sky. I love Hyacinths but my allergies and asthma go bezerk with them. BTW, the funny thing about the bikini wax is that it leaves this small patch of hair, and it makes my hips look narrower in the mirror (after shower before I quickly hide the cellulite). Anyway, never again. I love my Braun Epil and will try to keep the back thigs and inner thighs clean with it. I have no problems ripping the hairs out with it on my quads and bottom of my legs. Never again will wax get near my privates. No, no, no. And I mean no. Not worth it.

I'm removing spyware from DH's computer. Have I mentioned I love my mac??? Window machines are so vulnerable and I've come to detest them. Later I'm going to work on my quilt. Maybe contemplate what to bring to Thailand.

Marie

Last edited by Marie; 04-04-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #340  

Congratulations, Marie!!! That's really worth celebrating.

I will weigh myself when Iget home next weekend. I am majorly annoyed by the way my favorite spring clothes are (or aren't) fitting.

Off to the airport--Judy
Old 04-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #341  
Brit Chick

Yay Marie! Congratulations on your success!

You are such a great inspiration to me. Thank you for helping me to stay focused. Right now, I'm where you were about 8 months ago - up 20 lbs. from my lowest weight. As of today I am going to religiously log my foods again. Luckily, I have most foods and meals already set up on Spark. Maybe it was a sign, but one of our cats threw up all over my bathroom scale today!! I hate not fitting into my smaller clothes and I know that if I don't do something now I'll just keep ballooning up till I'm thoroughly discouraged. Again, congratulations and keep up the good work! I had to smile thinking of you dancing with Kai Bear - I bet she loved it!

Judy - I loved your description of the clouds of pink petals. Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back from your trip.

I went clothes shopping today but couldn't find anything that looked nice. I'll have to go through my closet and see if there are still a few things that fit . At least the weather is lovely today so that helped lift my mood. When I log my foods I have to think twice whether it's worth having to log every bite and it's usually easier to stay on plan than have to go to the trouble of logging every mouthfull. So far I'm on track today with 1350 calories. I only have 250 cals left for dinner as we went out for lunch, so I'll just have some cottage cheese and strawberries.

Last edited by penpal; 04-05-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! I'm starting over again today. I know next weekend will be off track, so I'm shooting for as close to perfect as I can get until then. I've just been so overwhelmed with so many things that I couldn't even think about proper eating. Well, I've gotten a few things accomplished in the past couple days (including FINALLY doing my taxes!) and I woke up this morning feeling like I can now get to it. I printed my log and here we go...

Marie, Forward progress now, how awesome! I just had to LOL that I haven't been at your goal weight since I was 13. The lowest I ever got to as an adult was 151.6, and that was pretty dang skinny for me! Enjoy your good weather day today. We're sunny today, but expecting a crappy rainy week. Ick.

Penny, how's the logging going? I KNOW it's the answer, and yet I keep letting myself off the hook, too. But not anymore!!! Good luck keeping up with it!

Judy, it sounds like you're getting it together, there- working out and dancing, and staying away from the nachos! Congrats! Have a great trip to the west coast!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #343  

Hello girls so glad your still here ! I have been busy and not online much but think its important to get back on track. Like you Marie we all get off track and you are so right about logging and scale I will start today. I got off plan a bit about 2 weeks ago during a stress inc. got to learn to deal with it better I guess. At any rate still haven't used the scale but I will on Tues. morning. Logging thanks for reminding me how important this step is. I just read about 10 min workouts when you can't fit in longer they add up.
CONGRATS on getting back to where you were and I don't blame you for wanting to just go forward its hard work getting there. Well with that said guess I'd better get back into it to. I have started to workout again and that is good but white bread found its way in and white rice got to get rid of the whites again it did help so much.
Judy sounds like you got the bull by the horns. Keep up the good work.
Auntie G hello how your doing well.
Penny I am right there with you needing to make some changes but we can do this right? Just make it happen the tools are in our hands just got to use them. I am planning to be good everyday this week and save up for a nice dinner on sunday. So this week will work out one extra day to help balance out Easter. Its a special day and I know there will be extras. I am planning the dinner so I can control somethings. Having 19 for dinner. It should be fun and sending out an Easter package to HI today for the kids. Made some cookies yesterday one batch wasn't so good new bad recipe never again. Made snickerdoodles mailing out today out of the house.
Take care girls. Workout today and yesterday.
cacmsc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #344  
Lifelong Journey Member

OK, I know it's Monday and Monday's are evil, but how can I be anything but happy when the scale took another pound off it's reading??? That and the sky is bright blue, the temps at 70, and I saw baby lambies this morning. too nice of a day to be miffed that I have to be at work.

Carol, welcome back. I hope the whites leave your house and that helps you back on track. We all have our eating demons. I believe it takes a lot of work to face them down and admit where we're weak. I'm very weak with boredom. I love to munch when I bored. Probably something to do until the next meal.

Judy, in Penny's and my neck of the woods, spring is only a glimpse occasionally. So you'd have time to make those clothes fall in line and obey. Enjoy Frisco - I'll be flying through it a week from Wednesday. I hate going there as there are always delays.

Auntie, welcome back. Just by the tone of your post, you seem more settled (I guess for a better word). But don't beat yourself up over the time from the wagon. You were mightily deserving.

Penny, great job staying on track yesterday. Lunch out is always hard but dinner I think is harder as there is no way to make up for high cals at that meal except a 40 mile run. Man o man I laughed at the image of kitty puking on the evil scale. There are days I think I'd like to borrow him/her.

I walked the doggies this morning and my headlamp apparently wants new batteries. It started to flicker and it was DARK. DH replaced the batteries so I'm set for the morning. that is of course if it's not snowing which is in the forecast all week. That's why the gorgeous weekend and today are so special. I plan to leave exactly at 4:00 and go enjoy the remainder of the day. I do have my window open and it's fabulous. Food is on track and I plan to elliptical after the sun sets because having DH haul the elliptical outside might push him over the edge. So I should keep my mouth shut about that nice idea.

Have a great afternoon.
Marie
Old 04-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #345  

Thanks for the chat Marie. How true it is!
I had a crazy work day but didn't over eat. Actually made a big pot of blk bean soup hot and spicy. Nice you have good weather here it was nice a wk ago now threatening snow and cold weather. But just talked to the kids in HI and can't wait to go in Sept. for 3 weeks. That will be a goal for me to be in shape and look nice. I am working out after work on Tues. Going to get it done!
Take care and have a good evening. I am off for some ice water and my book off to bed to read. No more food today.
cacmsc54 is offline   Reply With Quote