Old 05-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Judy - Yes, we can get 5 days of exercising in. When I took the dog out this morning it was misting rain so I had to decide whether I should walk and chance it not raining or should I get on the treadmill. I decided to chance it and thankfully I didn't get rained on. I did a 30 minute walk and 15 minutes of weight lifting. Then it was time to get ready for work.

Today was a stressful day at work, so I was glad when 4:30 came. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #437  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

OK, the font is a little hard on the eyes, but it's the color of my cast. AND... today the cast comes off. Hopefully for good. I know it isn't totally healed, but the cast is frustrating.

Blizzie continues to improve and amaze us. Yesterdat while DS and DH were doing cannon-balls, she had a ball doing her howling and jumping. They quit early because she wasn't being sedate. She's doing the whole 1.5 mile walk daily since Sunday. But man, 4:30 is just so early!

Food is on target. I can sort of join Judy and Kathy's exercise goal. My goal is to elliptical 5X per week. I do the daily 1.5 mile dog walk, but the elliptical is just doing wonders for my aeriobic capacity and therefore my asthma. I've done it, M,T and W. Today we'll be on the otherside of the mtn so I might takr today off. I'd have F, Sat and Sun to get the other two. So count me in!

Judy, haven't you heard 4 day weeks from a holiday are 2X as bad as the 5 day week? That's normal. I find Tuesdays to be my bad day so maybe tht's why you had a Monday-like day yesterday.

Kathy, good for taking the dog walk. Rain will dry and the doggie and you got a great walk together. I like my treadmill but would much rather be outside with my dogs. Basically happy doggies = happy Marie.

Back to work and no bright pink cast or font!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #438  
Lifelong Journey Member

Blue Font for blue me... the cast stays on another 2 weeks. On the positive side, it's healing perfectly in alignment so that's good!

I ellipticalled yesterday between work and the ortho appt. Today is another Blizzie vet day but I'll try for the 5th day in a row. Food is on target and i LOVE that it's fruit season!
Marie
Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #439  

Marie - I'm sorry you have to keep your cast on another 2 weeks, but YEAH to the fact that it is healing properly. How did you dog do at the vet?

Today.....HMMMM. This morning the boss took all the employees out to breakfast because one of the employees was retiring and today was his last day. I did very well with my choices. I had a western omlet with egg beaters and no cheese. Did good with the food the rest of the day until I got home then I had cake and a frosty coffee cino from Wendy's. Tomorrow is back on track again. I've been doing so well and I don't want to mee it up.

I've done well with getting my walks in. Tomorrow morning I will get up early and that will be my 5th day to walk. I always feel better and it's a great way to start the day.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Kathy
Old 05-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Oh, Marie, it's too bad about your cast. But if it's better for your arm hang in there!

Kathy, we've had a lot of rain! Were you able to work out?

What a week!!! My co-workers' (two sisters) mom, who's been rebounding from serious illnesses for the past two years, finally passed away. Ive been dealing with various parties, internal and external, behaving...er, inappropriately. TOM started in the middle of the week. I've had a screaming headache all day. (I'm almost through venting) And I have to get up early on Saturday to take a train to Baltimore and speak on a panel.

It hasn't been the best week for eating or working out. I won't get a workout in today but I'll find time Saturday evening. I've been "hungry" in the mornings, inhaling my morning and afternoon snacks before lunch. I can't figure out what that means, except maybe I'll cut back on the grains at b'fast for a while, see if that makes a difference.

I'm going to get a bowl of blueberries and yogurt, put my feet up and try to let go of this week. I hope everyone has a good weekend!
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #441  

Judy - I have been able to get my exercise in. This morning I didn't get up and walk because I wasn't feeling good when I got up. As the day went on I felt better and was able to get some exercise in by mowing grass and pulling weeds. My butt cheeks hurt from bending over pulling weeds.

I did well with my points except last night. I had a peice of cake and a coffee cino shake from Wendy's. I was back on track again today. Hopefully all the exercising will keep me from gaining when I WI on Monday. Time will tell.

Have a great Sunday!

Kathy
Old 05-31-2009, 12:12 PM   #442  

Hi, Kathy! if this isn't too personal, I hope that your glutes have recovered from pulling weeds! It's interesting to think about what muscles get used to do things, and we aren't event aware of it.

I've been overeating. I had ice cream custard with M&M sprinkles yesterday. Why? Because I was cranky about having to spend my Saturday at a conference in Baltimore. So during I took a long break to walk around the Inner Harbor, had a desperate craving for caramel corn (?!) and settled for ice cream instead. It was the Wild Child in me acting out, and not being able to stop thinking about stuff that happened at the office in the past week. I hope I haven't totally gained back the little that I lost in May, but we'll see. I feel like I'm sabotoging myself whenever I get a little momentum going . Reading Martha Beck's The Four-Day Win has been useful (the Wild Child image is from the book).

I did a short dance workout this morning (25 minutes). I'm headed out for a 45-minute walk in the sunshine, and then a pedicure.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

judy
Old 05-31-2009, 01:02 PM   #443  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning Everyone. It's beautiful out this morning but thunder storms are headed back again this afternoon. Very weird for around here. DH went out for breakfast and he's now on his way for Idaho for a month. He took my Darth Jeep (blizzie can't jump into it, only his Durango). So I drove my '76 Jeep CJ-5 w/o the top. It was awesome. I LOVE summer!!!!!

Judy, you can undo the damage of the ice cream. I know you can. Reach down deep and don't let the emotional munchie monster win. You're too competitive to lose the war.

Kathy, The solution to the glute ache is using an elliptical. I pulled weeds yesterday and expected the usual bum burn but didn't.

I'm making the highest cal and highest fat cheesecake today. I promised DS and his GF I would only extracting a promise after they visit tomorrow they take the whole thing home. The lasagne I'm going to make today (cook tomorrow) will be healthy. I will keep those leftovers.

Mr Scale was nice yesterday so I'm going to update my tracker with another pound eradicated.
Marie
Old 05-31-2009, 07:22 PM   #444  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I'm just popping in to say "hi" as we just got home from a seven hour drive from Boise. We had a wonderful time visiting with our son. I'm dreading getting on the scale tomorrow however as we dined at a lot of great restaurants! We did a lot of walking too, so hopefully it will even out! I'll catch up with everyone next week.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #445  

Hooray, Marie, and your well-mannered scale!

Penny, I'm glad that you had such an nice visit with your son. I hope the any "damage" you did was minimal.

I'm feeling a bit better than I did last week, thank goodness. I did a weight routine this morning, the first time in a while. I've been on program with food. Evenings are still a struggle. After dinner (which will be late, as I'm still in the office), I will repair to the bedroom and clean it up, instead of plunking down in front of the tube. I never eat in the bedroom!

judy
Old 06-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #446  

Well girls I have been really busy but want you to know I am working on my healthy eating. I went to Boston on Saturday just a little bus trip one day but so nice. I enjoyed Quincy Market and all the shops. I walked instead of taking the trolleys. That started by just going to one spot and we kept going. So I think overall it had to add up to miles. How fun thought. Also I ate pretty healthy overall for being out of town. I needed the break to regroup and move forward. Last week my exercise was good with camping kayaking and gardening etc. I haven't been to the gym but its in the works for wed. meanwhile I am doing the long walks and hope to do some gardening tonight if the rain holds off. I have been busy making jewelry and that helps with dieting as my hands are quite busy. Maybe I should of done this years ago and I wouldn't of had a wt. issue at all??? Hah hah! Marie I am with you on Wed. I am getting out that little box again and hope its kind if not I will have to truly get busy. My friends wedding is 7/18 that is my goal to be a bit lighter wt.. Then I have HI in Sept. its good for me personally to have some type of thought just helps me a bit to think before choosing. Work has been super busy hope it slows down a bit. I am not really taking a lot of time off until Sept. Just a day here and there. Our next camping trip is a kayaking one up north to the Adirondack are very beautiful country side views of the mountains etc. can't wait thats 6/19. Marie glad your cast will be coming off a little extra wait to ensure its going to heal is a good idea and sounds like its on target. Good for you!!! Judy and Thin 2 I am trying to get that exercising in to. I have a jewelry show on Saturday from 11-2. My director is putting on a show for me at her families conference home they rent out for events its a beautiful historical home the furnishing are lovely and she is catering a lunch for us. Should be fun I am hoping for about 20 people. I have made several items and am ready to show them off. I really had fun putting together some of the pieces coming up with some different ideas using some unusual beads. Penny I hope your doing well and I need to stop playing with beads and make some soaps. Maybe I will take a few this weekend as little gifts. I was trying to think of doing a raffle of some sort. Maybe just had out numbers and then draw a number and let the person put the amount towards a piece of their choice? Oh I better figure this out and a host gift too.
Take care and I will try to keep up better but I felt good that your all still here hello to anyone I might of not mentioned.
cc
cacmsc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #447  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi everyone! I have my two new crowns as of today. They are gold-platinum with a porcelin side. It feels tight but the dentist says that should go away in 24 hrs. It fit way better then the temporary ones.

I made my 5X/week elliptical last M-Sunday. So far I'm up to 2X this week. Of course my doggies have walked my 1.5 miles every day. They think I need the exercise. Food is at about 1400 cals.

Carol, sounds like your jewelry business is booming, You should post some pics.

Penny welcome back.

Judy, I'm with you - no eating in the bedroom. Much better things to do in there.

Nearly half-way done with the week. Hooray!
Marie
Old 06-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #448  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Marie - Your new crowns sound like jewelry! I expect you're eager to get your cast off so you can go swimming in your pool now the weather is warming up.

Judy - I'm glad you're feeling better. I don't have a problem with eating after dinner - it's the rest of the day that gives me problems .

Carol - Nice to hear from you again. Your trip to Boston sounds nice. I'd love to see some pics of your jewelry too. Good luck with your jewelry event - it sounds like fun.

Kathy - It sounds like you've got a good exercise routine going. Keep up the good work!

I've been busy trying to get my garden in shape. I had ten ladies over for lunch yesterday so I'm pooped! The long drive to Boise and back played a bit of havoc with my back but it's not as bad as I expected. We're celebrating our 40th anniversary on Friday. I can hardly believe we've been married that long! We're going to the Cannon Beach for a couple of days to celebrate. I've managed to lose 1.5 lbs. so I'll change my ticker!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #449  

Just a line, to vent. I usually have pretty good luck travelling, but my flight to Dallas was rerouted to Tulsa. Of course I missed my connecting flight to Colorado. So I'm staying near the Dallas airport tonight, and trying locate my bag. I really wanted a margarita and a plate of ribs for dinner...but I had the shrimp cocktail, spinach salad and flan instead.

It's good to hear from everyone!

Judy
Old 06-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #450  
here we go again

S/C/G: 154/145/126

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone.

Newbie here! a little background first:
I was anorexic from the ages of 13 - 19. After lots of help, i got up to a normal, healthy weight at 20 but started over eating A LOT for two years and it was always easy for me to eat junk food all day coz :
(a) i'm a student and its just what we do lol and
(b) I would tell myself its better than being anorexic so would justify it based on the fact that overeating is better than under-eating. WRONG! lol

Well, today i had a bacon sandwich and back in my anorexic days i would have beat myself up about it then worked out for 4 hours straight! but instead:
A) I managed to enjoy it and
B) I couldnt even finish it anyway coz now that im eating healthy and not stuffing my face 24/7, my stomach cant take much anymore.

How do others curb cravings btw? I find get cravings coz im hungry or am about to feel hungry so i eat a lot of fruit/dried fruit and small salads between meals. But after a while, this gets boring when you do it every day. So any suggestions?
cheercoach0101 is offline   Reply With Quote