Old 02-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Well, if you need a happy post, then stop reading NOW!

I neglected to mention earlier, cause I was trying to find my "happy place", that my Dad was taken to the ER on Thursday with all kinds of messed up problems. We thought he was having a heart attack, but that turned out ok. His blood sugar had bottomed out, but there are several other issues, too. So today he got moved out of ICU into a regular room, and I was feeling about as best as I could, under the other circumstances.

Then today my Grandmother passed away.

Obviously, this is way different than my brother. She had a good long life, always surrounded by her family, and she passed painlessly in her sleep. I am basically at peace with this, but my poor mother... Her son and her mother, eleven days apart, and her husband in the hospital, too.

I think it might be time for some temporary pharmaceutical intervention here... I don't know which end is up anymore.
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #272  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Auntie G - My heart hurts for you and your family. Just know I'm sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #273  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Auntie, I am so sorry. When it rains, it pours. My gosh I hope all of it stops soon. I'm glad your father has been upgraded out of ICE. At least that's a start. You and your entire family are in my prayers.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #274  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, everything is going good with my life. Knock on wood.

Penny, I haven't gotten the new elliptical, it's on order and I'm guessing a week from Friday (at least I hope). Till then I am using the one at PT and I can also go to the base and use theirs. So far, PT is enough. Take care of your back, it's the only one you have. Pushing yourself isn't going to help in the long run.

This morning I asked the scale if it was going to take back what it gave yesterday and at it's silence I got on. Not only did it not take it back, it took away another .2 pounds. So that's 2 pounds from last Sunday. How cool is that??? I haven't lost 2 pounds in one week since climbing bck on board last August.

I did yoga again this morning and then DH and I took the doggies out for their 1.5 mile walk. We then cleaned our bedroom closet. I tried on so many clothes it was silly. All the biggies (except one pair of shorts) got inventoried and put in bags for goodwill. Then I added all my non-Birkenstock shoes with two exceptions. DH actually cleaned out his stuff but really didn't relinquish clothes he doesn't fit in. He intends to fit in them this summer. He'll be in Idaho for 3 months (home one, away another) and he plans to lose weight. I do find that interesting that he needs to be away from home to lose - I am NOT a bad influence. So we shall see. So the one pair of short I kept are so cute and I'd bought them last year. They never fit comfy so I didn't wear them. So I try them on and they're too big. So I'm going to put the effort in them to make them fit. I never tailor clothes but these shorts are adorable and I want to wear them at least once!

That's it for now. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Marie
Old 03-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Auntie - My prayers are with you and your family during these tough times.

Marie - Way to go on the short being to big. That has to make you feel good and know that the hard work is worth it.

I was able to get a walk/run in after church today. It was more walk then run, but it was exercise. It always feels good to get outside even if it is cold. Tomorrow I'll get on the treadmill since we're possibly to get some snow here. YUCK! I'm ready for spring.

I trust all of you have a good week.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hey, Auntie..

Quickly, since I should have left for work already: I had a lovely weekend in New York, and the Van Morrison concert was tremendous. Today and tomorrow will be very long days of meetings (and the snowstorm will add complications for the folks coming in from out of town, aargh). I will not have much exercise time before Wednesday, but we'll see. This morning's weight was 228.5, so that was hopeful.

Hang in there, everyone!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #277  
Lifelong Journey Member

Judy, way to go. You've got the scale moving in the right direction. Can't beat a nicer reading on the evil scale. I didn't weigh in today but all is good.

I was under my cals yesterday and today. And I was an exercise maniac today. I'm going to add my dinner cals and see if I can find something nutritious to get me closer to the right mark. But man, a mocha sounds good. It's snowing now after raining all day. The commute will be icky tomorrow.

Kathy, you and I are in total agreement that spring needs to get it's time here. Winter is icky but we're in the right month for it to start. DH saw a hummingbird at our feeder this weekend. I keep it out year round as we have some that no longer migrate and they need food.

I guess that's it. Monday was Monday and I was a blonde bubble head. I'm not sure why I was a ditz but surely I was.
Marie
Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #278  
Lifelong Journey Member

Happy Wednesday Everyone,

Just a quick not to say HI as everyone seems to be busy. Plus I didn't want our thread to get pushed to page 2.

Food and exercise are good. Mr. Scale has pulled it's usual tricks after the niceness of the weekend. But that's normal so I'm not upset.

Here's a pleasant image for you. It snowed last night (about 2") and this morning I took the doggies out for their 1.5 mile walk. The snow was light and fluffy. My LED headlamp lit up the snow and the crystals in the snow lit up like diamonds. It was so beautiful. Then of course my mind thinks of a person on LCD and thought they'd have the best trip on all seeing the natural shocks of light with the drug induced ones. It really was awesome.

Marie
Old 03-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #279  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Marie - Thanks for the lovely mental picture of the sparkly snow - a natural high! I hope darstardly Mr. Scale behaves again soon.

I had a busy day yesterday with 16 ladies over for our monthly meeting and lunch. My back went out a few days ago so I was hobbling around like Groucho Marx - not exactly the glamorous hostess pose. Everyone had a good time and some stayed to help me tidy up. I behaved myself and didn't overdo with the food. I made a fruit ambrosia for dessert which everyone loved, so luckily there weren't any leftovers to tempt me.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Everyone!

This has been quite the week. Work has been stressful so I haven't eaten the best the last 2 days. Today I had such a severe headache that I had to stay in bed for awhile. I finally made it to work at 10:30. My eating today wasn't terrible, but I didn't do good at keeping track of my points. Tomorrow it is back to normal routine.

I also haven't exercised this week, but hopefully tomorrow that will help.

Hope you all are having a great week. Have a happy Thursday.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #281  

Oy, what a week! Me and you, Kathy. Everything went well, including a press conference on Tuesday. When I learned yesterday afternoon that an all-day meeting scheduled for today was postponed, I literally danced down the hallway in happiness...giddy with the prospect of having a "free" day in the office.

Yesterday I reviewed my lab work at the drs. Apparently my cortisol levels are zooming up and down over the course of the day, which explains a lot about my "buzzy-ness," fragmented sleep and energy crashes. She has me on "targeted amino acid therapy" for a few months, which should help my hormones get back on track. It did feel nice to sleep without waking up last night .

Kathy, I hope that you can end your week on a better note. You haven't strayed that far off program.

Penny, I'm picturing you with a big mustache and eyebrows a la Groucho You're a trooper to host the luncheon in your condition.

Marie, I'm sick of snow! Monday's nor'easter made a mess of my day on Monday. I hope that the warming trend (in the 60s this weekend!) will melt the rest of this away. Although I am worried about your trippy reference. Having flashbacks, are we?

judy

Last edited by judydc; 03-05-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #282  

Hooray, the work week is done...sort of, since I'll be working for a few hours on Saturday. Still, I'm looking forward to a nice weekend. The weather will be in the 60s here .

I have been eating pretty close to program, but a co-worker, cleaning out the office frig, tossed my afternoon snack (a cup of lentil soup), thinking it was some old beff stew gone bad . So I had a bag of baked chips instead.

Hope everyone is doing well!

judy
Old 03-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #283  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all,

Judy, you and I are in agreement about TGIF!!! My work has been very anger-ing this last two weeks. Try not to work much this weekend. It's not good for your health.

Kathy, I hope that your headache is gone and that the exercising is back on track.

I'm on plan, exercising a lot and the scale is evil. But I'm used to that.
Mare
Old 03-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! I'm trying the purple and hoping for some better luck now.

My brother's Memorial Service last Sunday went very well. I think it helped us all a lot. Of course we're all still up and down, but there is definitely some peace now. And yesterday was my Grandmother's funeral, which also went as well as it could. We reconnected with some family members we hadn't seen in a long time, and met some really nice spouses we didn't even know about. And now it's time to find the new normal...

So, I have been eating terribly. I'm skipping weighing in this week, but I'm getting back on the wagon tomorrow. I just hadn't had time to do proper shopping, and I haven't cooked once in the past 2½ weeks, so I've been forced to wing it with fast food and other garbage that I would not normally eat. Tonight I finally got to the grocery store, and I really need to do something normal, so I'll be going for my beloved spaghetti week.

I don't know that I'll have time to catch up on everything I've missed here, but I do hope to keep up from here on...

I hope everyone is doing well, and I really hope to get my groove back. I've had to learn a lot of hard lessons lately, but the one that applies here is how important it is to take care of our health, so let's do it!!!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #285  
Lifelong Journey Member

Welcome back, auntie. I hope the purple works wonderfully. Spaghetti sounds like a good place to start the new normal.

It's quiet today as it is DH's guard weekend. So I'm here with my puppies and we just went for a 1.5 mile walk. I waited too long and the sun melted the frozen roads and they were soggy dirt. So now I'll get to clean the house. As I had to do that anyway, oh well. The bright sun was so refreshing it was worth it.

Food is still on track and I forgot to weigh in this morning. So I don't know if the scale was evil or not today.

Marie