Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey Neesy! Head on over to the chicks up for a challenge subforum.....join a challenge that works for you and make LOTS of new buddy's!

Oh...and welcome back!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

I agree tc. I worked out after I watched the show last night. I love those shows. They help so much. My gym only plays the news. I like your idea!Great job at the gym!!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #108  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Tc - that is AWESOME that you did so well at the gym, I'm impressed. What I'm now realizing is that it is getting easier and easier every day, as long as you don't cheat and stick with it. I cheated my first week and and had trouble. I haven't cheated this past week and I'm holding up pretty well. Today I'm feeling good, the only thing is, I tried a "all natural" smoothie and man was it disgusting - lol. I guess you can't get into everything, your taste buds have to have a say so somewhere.

Ya know what one of my favorite snacks are? Steamed green beans (fresh from the market), with 2 sprays of "I can't believe its not butter" and 2 ritz crackers crumbled. Its low in calories and so yummy.

Neesy, how's your vacation (diet and fun)?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #109  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Neesy...isn't it amazing that most of them lost more in one week than you and I have in one month!?!?!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #110  
This IS it...

LuckyLindy...that green bean casserole type thing sounds amazing! I will have to try it.

For me this time though, there is no such thing as cheating. On Christmas and Christmas Eve, I ate what I wanted and stopped when I was satisified. Same with 4 days around New Years, I went to a fondue party, had pizza, drank both times (too much), and I am still very happy with my weight loss. I just can't even slightly think that I am depriving myself or it just won't work for me. But I know I am going to continue to encounter situations where I won't be able to eat the food that is "on plan" and I'm Ok with that as long as I don't go completely crazy and I make up for it in the gym or with lower calories another day.

About the smoothie...I make some at home for breakfast that I think are absolutely delicious. All I do is add 1 container of the Walmart sugar free vanilla yogurt (80 cals), 4 packets of splenda, 1 cup of frozen strawberries or mixed fruit (50 cals), 1/2 a cup of skim milk (40 cals), and 3-6 ice cubes, and blend till there are no lumps. It rivals Jamba Juice smoothies, just not quite as sweet. Not quite all natural though...lol.

Last edited by TiffTiff1985; 01-07-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #111  

tc- The smoothie sounds so good. I couldn't believe that they lost 20 and 30lbs in one week! That is crazy!! It just goes to show you that hard work pays off. I've been pretty lazy this time around with exercise. Still managing to be on track for my goals. My goals weren't that unrealistic in the first place. As long as I get to 199 for my birthday, I will be sooooooo happy! I haven't been there in 5 years!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #112  

Tc - that is AWESOME that you did so well at the gym, I'm impressed. What I'm now realizing is that it is getting easier and easier every day, as long as you don't cheat and stick with it. I cheated my first week and and had trouble. I haven't cheated this past week and I'm holding up pretty well. Today I'm feeling good, the only thing is, I tried a "all natural" smoothie and man was it disgusting - lol. I guess you can't get into everything, your taste buds have to have a say so somewhere.

Ya know what one of my favorite snacks are? Steamed green beans (fresh from the market), with 2 sprays of "I can't believe its not butter" and 2 ritz crackers crumbled. Its low in calories and so yummy.

Neesy, how's your vacation (diet and fun)?
Old 01-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #113  

Ugh..my dumb g1 keeps reposting my bulletins-sorry guys. I am going to have to try your smoothie tc, mine was much like it except without splenda, I think if I add a couple of those, that will do the trick. Thanks.

Has anyone ever had the Campbells Healthy Harvest soups? I just had vegetable for lunch and it is ssssoooo good, and its low in calories and sodium. If you haven't tried it, I highly suggest it.

I cannot believe the weight loss on the biggest loser yesterday, this is their heaviest group yet, so I'm lookin forward to seeing everyones success. Does anyone have a favorite yet? Not me, not yet. I there are certain people I like to root for, but I haven't picked my favs yet. Although they are all awesome and I can't wait to see their results.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #114  

I love soup. I haven't tried those yet though. I just saw an ad for Campbell's soup-at-hand which are only 80 calories. I just went grocery shopping last night and picked up a ton of lean cuisines, fruit, veggies, etc. I still had some unhealthy things in my fridge/freezer, so I gave it all to my mom. She only weighs 110lbs!!! How crazy.

Lindy- The green beans sound so good. I haven't had fresh green beans since I was a kid. mmmm..So far.. my vacation has been uneventful. It's been nice and relaxing though. Went out to a few movies and went out with friends. But for the most part, I've just been relaxing at home. I'm starting to get a little bored, but it beats going to work! The diet is going well. Right on track! I use to be mad if I didn't lose a pound every day or two. Now.. I'm okay with it. That was way too crazy. I have now been on my diet for 1 month and 3 days. I usually give up after 1.5 mos. But as of right now.. I don't see an end in sight. I won't give up!!!!

I don't have any favs on the biggest loser yet. I do want the 19yr old kid to lose a lot. But they all seem to really want it. It'll be interesting who they bring back after the 30days and to see how much they've lost at home.

TC-I'm with you. I'm not going to kill myself on this "diet." I'm just eating in moderation and healthy alternatives. I feel like this is something I can keep doing for a long time. Where you going to visit in ohio?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #115  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I love the Biggest Loser, but the reason why the lose so much weight is because they work out like 6 hours a day...I read that somewhere (they don't mention that info on the show I think). Trust me, if I was away from my family, from my fridge, and have someone like Jillian kicking my butt, I would lose that much weight too!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #116  
This IS it...

MaddiesMom: Yeah I read that somewhere too. Plus they have NO temptation there. They don't have the option to go to McDonalds and have something awful. It is a completely controlled environment, which is kind of comparable to rehab. So yeah, almost anyone could lose like that there.

Neesy: My fiance's whole family is in Northwest Ohio, kind of near Toledo. So we are going there for a week because he hasn't seen them in almost a year. I'm excited to go because it is winter! I know, I know...I'm crazy. But you try living here in SW FL where you almost never get a break from the heat. It was literally hot outside when I left for lunch. We had one cool month in November (lows 50's, high 70's), but basically ever since it has been in the low 80's. Blah. I know you guys will probably have no sympathy if you are up north right now...but it really does suck.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #117  

Tc, trust me, I have sympathy, I live in Orlando, fl and it is so flippin hot today, my ac has been on all month! Although I love the winter and snow, I love it to visit, not to drive in everyday.

Neesy, I'm glad to hear your having a nice relaxing vaca, we have our 2 vacations coming up but there jammed packed with events, ill probably need a vacation from my vacation. If anyone has any good recipes with veggies, please let me know. I LOVE veggies, but I like them doctored up.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #118  
This IS it...

There is some frozen veggies in the freezer section that are really good and most are pretty low calorie and best of all, you don't have to worry about them going bad and wasting money.

My personal favorite is the green giant (i think) frozen cauliflower & cheese which is 45 calories per serving! So it's like 270 calories for the entire bag which I could NEVER eat in on sitting. To me it almost tastes like cheese potatoes.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

I did my Biggest Loser 2 Cardio Workout tonight. It was a good workout. I just have to start working out more often. The gym I was going to closed, so I went to another one tonight to join, and they said you have to be a resident of that county. I live in the county but my address is in the next county over. So since I live right on the county line, they wouldnt let me join. I was so bummed. But right when I got home is when I did my workout, at least I can work out here. I was really looking forward to getting to walk. Maybe I will go talk to the manager there and see if they can do something for me.

I can't wait for all the snow to melt, so I can get outside and walk and ride my bike. I love being outside.

I told my husband we should get a treadmill. I just dont know where we could put it. I have a 3 bedroom house, but the rooms arent that big. I just wish there was a "real" gym around here. I live in such a small town. The gym I was going to join(that wouldn't let me) is actually a community center. There is a curves in town but that is only for women and my DH wants to workout with me. We both need the motivation from each other. I will just have to keep using my dvd's and moving around more. I am trying to up the amount of steps I take each day. So I try not to sit around during the day. I want to get a balance ball. I have horrible balance. I need to find ways to make my workouts more exciting so I WANT to do them. There is a motel here that offers memberships to the pool. I could swim laps a few days a week. Any suggestions, since I dont have gym right now??

My DH suggested we call the high school, he thinks they have the auditorium open after hours so people can walk. That would be ok for now.

I have to get better at the eating part of this. I have been doing ok, but I need to do better. There are a lot of snacky foods in this house right now from the holidays. I am trying to stay away from them. I started making out weekly dinner menus and have been sticking to them. I am not really cutting much out of my diet, just switching things up and cutting portion sizes. Instead of mashed potatoes tonight, I had half a sweet potato. I dont think I have lost any weight yet. I have been doing this since December 29th, so I have to do a lot better.

Sorry to ramble, but I havent checked here in a few days. Hope everyone is doing good. Have a great night.
Allison
Old 01-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #120  

Hi Burgundy!

Wow, you must live in a small town, here in Orlando we have more fitness clubs than we can count and they offer free personal trainers, free memberships for friends and family, etc. just to get you in the door, so I kinda laughed to myself when you told me that you were turned away. Not funny that you were turned away, thats a bummer, just funny that they would do such a thing. Anyway, I have a couple of suggestions: go to your local mall and walk (at least until the snow melts). We have a walking club at our local mall and they early am hours and walk or you could just do it on your own. If you could get access to a pool, water aerobics is AMAZING, I raved about it in a previous post but cant say enough about how much fun it is and tones you like crazy.

Lastly, just an FYI - my Aunt owns a Curves and TECHNICALLY they cannot turn your husband away if he wanted to join. He might feel super awkward but she told me that it is against the law to label it a "womens only gym", its considered discrimination.

Making small changes in your routine is how it all starts, the fact that you replaced mashed potatoes with a sweet potato is great. I consider myself lucky - I absolutely HATE potatoes, anything potato related; french fries, mashed potatoes, baked potato - YUCK! I make up for it with breads but I have not had any rolls or anything for 2 weeks now, so I'm ok so far.

I had fish and mushrooms for dinner and then a fat free chocolate pudding cup...it was delicous. By the way Tc, I went and bought the veggies you had mentioned and had them for a snack, they were good. Thanks! Well, I'm going to do some kickboxing, hope everyone has a good night. I'll check in tomorrow.
Closed Thread