Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #601  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Gotta love US sizes - I just bought a pair of jeans that are "size 2" - yeah, right! Haha.. I'm going to sit here gazing at the tag for a few days...
Old 04-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #602  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

LMAO god yr so funny Gen. Buy me a pair
Old 04-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #603  

Honey, if I'm a 2, you must be a -2!!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:35 AM   #604  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Kel tell that PT to take a flying leap… he has no insight into how serious you are, and he's obviously been watching Shannon and Michelle on The Biggest Loser. If he couldn't get the message that you TURNED UP at a time when you didn't want to, and that means you are VERY serious, then he needs a good slap. Or you should just sack him!

I can't fit into a Size 14 - I tried some of my old ones on last week, and even though the pants do up I feel like I'm in a straightjacket. Another few kilos and it will be a different story.

While I'm flattered that you want to take on board the things that have worked for me, you have to remember that this is your journey. As you know I am a very big believer in 'slow and steady', because it's the only way you can learn, practice, make mistakes, fix them, and enjoy the benefits of being more healthy.

We live in a world where we expect quick fixes - but until you really understand in your heart that there are no shortcuts, you're only going to frustrate yourself. And the first thing to really accept is this: slower weight loss is permanent.

There's nothing slow about losing 0.3kg/week. It's realistic and it's a good goal to aim for. Anyone who believes that you can lose 10kg in 5 weeks is kidding themselves - you might drop it but you won't keep it off.

To me the single most important thing to do is to set a goal that is real, and then to make a plan to reach it. If you don't have a goal in the front of your mind, you're never going to know where you're going.

There are foods that you really have to live without if you are serious about losing weight. I have to admit I get shocked by the number of "junk food confessions" that happen here - it's crap food, unhealthy and it's fattening. There's very little nutritional value in it and if you are fair dinkum that you want to lose weight it is the FIRST thing that needs to go. I would eat takeaway about three times a year now, and it is never as good as I imagine it is going to be.

It's also important to remember that exercise is way over-rated as a weight loss tool. Shows like The Biggest Loser would have you think that you can work your butt off, and the weight will fall off you. Out here in the real world that just isn't true. Aside from anything else most of us are too busy to be able to exercise for long enough to do that.

No matter how we try to get around it, the truth is that 80% of our weight loss will happen because of the decisions we make about what to eat and drink. Exercise is the icing on the cake, and the way we improve our health - it isn't something we use to burn off our bad food decisions.

Take a Hungry Jacks meal. An average burger with chips and a drink will take three hours of fairly quick non-stop walking to burn off. And HJs is far from the worst of those fast food places. It's far easier to make a choice to eat less calories in the first place…

You can do it - all you need is a plan and a determination to do it. And I KNOW you have the determination!

Gen I cracked up at your Size 2! And then I cracked up at Vonni cracking up…
Old 04-08-2008, 01:01 AM   #605  
It's ME!

Right on Ani

In regards to your personal trainer issue Kel, you need to find a trainer who "fits" with you. It sounds to me like the male trainer is more suited to working with bodybuilders/athletes who have no problems with sticking to very restrictive diets and committing to more extreme training programmes.

You already know the fix to that problem - stop training with him and stick to the lady whose methods fit in with what you're trying to achieve.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:48 AM   #606  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

yep yep going with supportive lady trainer that charges next to nothing and WANTS to help me, understands me etc.... the male trainer has the pleasure of my company one more time then he can watch me from afar!

ani - you are right - THANK U WEIGHTLOSS GURU hehehe i have actually FINALLY admitted to myself i am not going to see the scales drop 1kg every week, woo hoo if i do but it is not how i am going to keep weight off and that is that
yes i have to stop eating crap, i am getting that much closer to making that a reality - i CANT go cold turkey i just cant but have been heaps better....
my decision to go back to work may work wonders for my diet, it will mean a little more routine and consistancy in my world, at home with Jemima I am all over the place, it and i are insane

my junkfood confessions shock me too.... worst bit is i dont even realise half the time i am eating somethings i eat!!!

i am going to get my microwave cookbook out for how to cook the chicken

i am not going to say what i had for dinner tonight or what i am planning for dessert
i have two rooms left to organise in my house, then i will be almost organised and ready - then i will also try and get crosstrainer cleaned up so i can use it the dogs put dirt in it....
amy and barb - how and when do you fit your exercise in with work and kids?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:52 AM   #607  
Am I a senior too?

DId anybody manage to read that gobbledegook that I posted a while back there? lol. I got no comments so thought maybe you guys thought I was going nuts.... or the gremlins had invaded my body
Old 04-08-2008, 06:01 AM   #608  

i like this chick....
and that reminds me i am going to start yoga again soon, at nighttime no baby!!! (i used to do baby and me yoga - that was fun........ erm interesting) i have photo of jemima's site...: http://www.totsites.com/tot/jemimaalice
Old 04-08-2008, 06:04 AM   #609  

hehe
i just went and reread it, i had been emailed similar before, i guess it has a point that spelling is not that important.... my brother would like that he is studying to be a doctor and has NO idea how to spell, he types in "SMS" language no word is an actual word....
but then i always say if you can say it it is a word......
Old 04-08-2008, 06:07 AM   #610  
Am I a senior too?

Ok, seroius post here. Kel you train with who you feel comfortable with and who will give you the most EMOTIONAL support during this journey. You don't need someone being tough and yelling at you, it will only make you dread those training sessoins.

Ani I am glad to hear you are enjoying your job. And you're right about the junk food confessions. I just have way to much when I KNOW its not good for my weight loss. It's not good for my health fullstop.

Julia how are you doing? I've read everyones posts but probably been a little to wrapped up in myself at the moment. And for that I want to apologise. I shouldn't abandon my friends (and thats what I call you guys) because of my selfishness.

Gen why do they call it a 2? I've heard they have a size zero..... like who is a zero for god sake. They are VISIBLE aren't they? zero to me is literally nothing?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:28 AM   #611  

It's a big girls' shop and they have this weird pants sizing system: yellow if you're straight up and down (I wish), red if you're curvy, blue if you have booty! Then they go petite/average/tall length. Then sizes 1-6. They measured me and told me size 5, but even the 3 were puffy like I had a nappy (or should that be diaper?) on.. so I tried the 2 and it's a tad..er... snug... at the waist, but perfect everywhere else. So I'll have to eat my way down into them until they're looser. They are stretch, so forgiving I think the sizing system is just to make the fat girls feel better.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #612  
Am I a senior too?

Cool, I'd go for the curvy booty petite hehehee.

BTW who wants to be yellow? Not me, even when skinny I have a booty and a waist and thats the way I'd like to stay.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #613  
Am I a senior too?

f---ing barstard son i just causght smoking in effing room. Just walking in there I stink of effing smoke.

I am so effing effing effing angry right nowe. I HATE HIM RIGHT NOW>
]
I watched my mother struggle for every breath the last five days of her life to lung cancer. It makes me SO EFFING MAD
Old 04-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #614  
It's ME!

Kel it seems to me that when you've been on the shakes etc that your diet has been far too restrictive and therefore it's no surprise that you end up on a binge. The best diet you can have is one where you can still have a treat when you feel like it. Don't deprive yourself!

Vonni how old is your son that you caught smoking? I must admit, I was a horrible teenager who smoked in my room, not realising how much it stank. Here's hoping he grows out of it!

Yesterday was a perfect day. I stuck to my daily points allowance and had a killer workout at the gym, managed to do 20 minutes of 1 minute run/1 minute sprint intervals then a 10 minute walk and a 10 minute jog.

Ah, bok choi my lovely little green friend, how glad I am to see you back on my supermarket shelf Bought my first lot for ages and had loads of it in a delicious stir fry for my dinner.

Today will be a great day. I went to the gym this morning and have re-committed to seeing my trainer once a week for the forseeable future. Did weights and 20 minutes of jog/run intervals and 10 minutes walking. Have dinner out at a Bangladeshi restaurant so that will be the only challenge for me today.

Hope you're all good.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #615  
Am I a senior too?

He's 13 Julia. Yeah I smoked to, but my mum was still alive then. I didn't understand cancer and other disease processes then. I have drummed inot my kids the whole thing and explained in gory detail. And I've lost both my Pop, Mum and Stepdad to cancer, and my Nanna to emphasemia. So it is pretty prominent in my family and has hit generations on both sides so you can see why I flip. Hopefully it'll skip a couple generations and miss me and my kids. But it scares the **** outta me. My mum was only 53.
Closed Thread