Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:29 PM   #661  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

God, I'd panic. You can't have LOST them, surely, just misplaced? I'll give St Anthony a prayer for you, I think he's the patron saint of finding lost things.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #662  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

OMG Kel ..... i bet Jemima has posted them somewhere.. lol.. I bet they are somewhere really strange like the bathroom cupboarde or the bottom of a toy box... between tedddy bears or in between her clothes lol.. dont you just love toddlers???? Leah went through a stage of posting items... the amount of times i lost my keys and purse was ridiculous only to find them a couple of days later in a stupid place.. like the washing basket lol or in the toilet roll keeper.. My mobile was once posted into the toilet... that was te end of that mobile .. lol ... IM sure you will find them Kel .. you might have even put them somewhere your self for "safe" keeping lol..

So this week i have been off plan pretty good.. I have been feeling crappy and eating crappy and sitting on my backside.. dont you just love hormones and cramps.. and back ache.. and migraines.. wow its so much fun being a women lol .. So anyway today i finally feel somewhat human.. i actually have some energy.. omg energy wow.. so i plan on using it .. porridge for breakfast .. then on the elliptical.. for me. cyas later
Old 04-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #663  

Height: 5'5"

Thought I should pop in quickly. I weighed in this week and have only lost another 100g. We were very social last week though. My daughter turned 10 so we had a party for her, then my neice turned 1, another party, then a dinner party Friday night = not a very good week for weight loss, so losing 100g was a bonus

Haven't really had time to look at everyone's posts but I'll get to them. I noticed a gathering happening next year. I'd love to come to and I can visit with my sis while I'm there, takes care of accomodation too!

Congratulations Vonni! Your grandy looks beautiful! I can't believe you have one! Your a year younger than me and my eldest just turned 10

Better go. Its school holidays here and my kids are nagging!

XX
Barb
Old 04-17-2008, 07:33 AM   #664  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

they were in benji's wardrobe
i lost my day today looking for them
he found them when he got home

i dont care they are found
now i have to pack!
thanks for the thoughts i am sure it helped, i was prepared for them to be lost
it was going to take 2 working days and $950 to replace and then i had to figure out about changing non changeable flights etc BUT not anymore its all good

i've been eating a lot.....
not a good start for holiday
Old 04-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #665  
It's ME!

Phew! Kel you must be so relieved! Have an awesome holiday and make sure you give me a call if you have time to meet up when you're in Christchurch

I had an okay day yesterday. Was on target with my points but didn't get to the gym. Will go tonight instead.

We've had so much sadness in the news this week. A 15 year old girl from here in Christchurch went missing on 5th April and it looks like they've found her body. Earlier in the week 6 students and their teacher died in a flash flood that hit a river where they were canyoning. It's just heartbreaking. Puts things into perspective that's for sure.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #666  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I don't know if I've hit a plateau or if I'm eating too much… or maybe I'm building muscle in my new job. In any case I'm not losing any weight at the moment. I need to pay more attention to what I'm eating, because I feel like I've lost the plot a little bit.

I guess it takes time to work out your routine in a new job.

Hey Vonni you could have warned me about the petty politics and the games people play in retail . Honestly, some people seem to live their lives through work, and need manufactured drama in order to make themselves feel important. So far I've managed to avoid most of the little games, and I intend to keep doing that, but it does make me roll my eyes a bit.

More importantly I need to find the right balance of food for my more active days. I have SO not got it right yet, and have been finding myself eating wrong things because I just get too hungry.

Working all weekend, every weekend is a bit hard to get used to too.

But I'll figure it out. I've made myself a promise that I won't gain more than a kilo while I'm working through this - so as long as I manage that I'll be happy.

Sounds like everyone is struggling to lose weight at the moment. I wonder what that's about…

Anyway, gotta go and get ready for work. Sorry for being 'all about me' this morning.

Julia just wanted to say that I heard about that terrible tragedy with the teacher and kids drowning. It's awful when something like that happens.

Last edited by PerthChick; 04-17-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #667  
Blue Team Member

OK Kel did Benji put them there????? lol.. kinda a silly spot to put them but at least Jem didnt get hold of them and they are found lol.. Now dodnt loose them while your on holiday or it will be very expensive to get home again .. lol.. Have a great holiday i hope the weather is nice the food is healthy and benji and jem behave themselves lol ....

Ani on the other forum i visit one of the girls on there has started an active job with horses.. she has figured out with the help of the skinny dieters on there that have already lost it all lol.. to have 200-300 calories more on the days she is working and she is losing at a steady rate. so maybe that is worth a try? It is hard when you have structured breaks .. which mean by the time you get to the break you are starving.. Its not like and office job where you can have an apple or something while your working.. try to eat something on your break that will fill you up and keep going till the next break..

Julia i dont watch the news... its never good news.. and i always find it sad..

Last edited by amouse; 04-17-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: posting same time as ani lol
Old 04-18-2008, 12:32 AM   #668  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Kel You have a WONDERFUL holiday (lucky cow )

Julia yes I heard on the grapevine, havent seen news myself yet. Usually busy doing something or other. Sad isn't it. I heard that they were told was safe but others say were told wasnt safe???????

Ani, hope you can figure it out, and a good goal to have at the moment... not GAINING more than a kilo till you work it out. Good for you that you can look at it realistically and not beat yrself up about it. Hows the clothes fitting though?

Ami my youngest is a royal brat when it comes to hiding stuff. I couldnt find a ring for days, and I had put it on my keeper. I found it under my bed almost a week later when I got a pair of shoes out. It was sitting in the shoe. And keys........ always losing the keys courtesy of children lmao.

The worst one for it though is myself. I am always in such a rush that I throw something down then forget where and rush around like mad cause its usually when I need it in a hurry that I cant find it.

Vonni

Wheres Lindor? And has anyone heard from Kylie?

Ps Barb my kids are 2, 7, 13 and 18. stepkids are 4, 5 and 9.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:55 AM   #669  
It's ME!

I need a

It's Friday at 4:53pm. I finish work in 7 minutes. It's cold and dark and I wanna go home!

However ...

I will go to the gym. I WILL go to the gym. I will go to the gym. I WILL GO TO THE GYM and I will at least do my weights and 10 minutes cardio.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #670  
It's ME!

Yay for me, I did manage to drag my weary bones to the gym yesterday. I did my weights and then 20 minutes worth of jog/sprint intervals.

I weighed myself and was most disgusted to find that I've gained even more since Monday! Oh well, I'll keep on doing what I'm doing and see what weigh in on Monday brings.

Have a great weekend everyone

Old 04-19-2008, 12:56 AM   #671  
Blue Team Member

im feeling really good for the last 2 days i have got off my butt and worked out.. 20 minutes on the elip yesterday and 30 minutes ojnh it today .. and my diet is improving too .. im not weighing myself becuase i have got the ****s with that .. but i feel like i have put some weight back on in the last week or two .. lol so im gonna get back on track and stay there b4 i weigh in... lol i have done tape measuremenst and i had gained 3 cm on my waist and 3cm on my hips.. which has really peeved me off becuase it is so slow to loose it from my hips.. for it to go there first is a real kick in the teeth. oh well that is what happens when you slack off and eat crap..

anyway i feel good and im eating good too .. least just hope its stays that way .. lol

Vonni arent kids lovely creatures.... lol Mine were drving me nutz this morning so i through them outside to annoy th dog lol .. Leah decided in all her wisdom it would be a fun game to steal Cameron hat and dunk it in the dog water.... eeeewwwwww then she dunked her own hat.. lol .. yummo slobbery dog water hats for mummy to wash.... lol .. they are both in the shower now getting clean after coming in from my dust bowl back yard

anyway better get the kids out the shower b4 we blow too much water .. lol cya later...
Old 04-19-2008, 08:37 AM   #672  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

I bet you felt so much better after going to the gym Julia? I am thinking of walking to work again now it has cooled down a little. It is a 1.5km walk there, and I'd have to walk home in the afternoon too, so it'd be a 3km walk five days a week. And that is heaps more than I am doing now!

I am away for work all next week, so I'll have to motivate myself to start when I get back.

I have continued to stick to my daily calorie budget. And I still have not weighed in since returning from holiday. May 1 will be the day! And I am kinda looking forward to it now

Amy, you might benefit from less frequent weigh ins too, especially if the results are having a negative effect on you? I know I got very frustrated with weeks of little or no loss...and often it would trigger me to thoughts of 'what's the point' and then over eating for comfort. I have found by not weighing in, I am accepting the calorie budget as more than just a way to lose weight, but also a lifestyle.

Ani, it does take time to adjust to a major change - physically and mentally. I know when I went from shift work to 'normal' hours, it also took me quite a while to settle.

And your body has had the added challenge of having to adapt to a more physical job. Give yourself a little time mate, you still have that determination to do this, you will figure out a balance soon

Kel...enjoy the holiday!!!

Gen? How goes your challenge?

Barb, with all the occasions you have had recently, you have done very well to lose 100g! Awesome work!!

It sounds like Melbourne is a suitable place for most of us to go. I've never been there, but I am willing to explore!

Now we need to decide on what we want to do there - I think we should do something more than meeting up at a coffee shop for coffee. Most of us are coming some distance and would probably like to do something 'touristy'? Maybe a full day tour of some sort? I don't know? How about we all have a google and post what appeals to each of us and then we can pick and chose according to the response from others?

Once we decide on what we want to do, we can then work out whether we just want to meet on one occasion or over a few days?

Vonni, I think about Kylie often too. I hope she is doing well

Anyway...must go finish my book!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Last edited by Lindor; 04-19-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #673  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

By the way...

...I have discovered Sour Cream and Chive Sakata rice crackers have the same effect on me as Sour Cream and Onion Pringles! But, with far, far less calories!!!

Wooohoooo!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 05:13 AM   #674  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

LOL Lindor way to go for the sakatas. Have you tried the Vintage Cheese sohos? They're pretty yummo to. But they are hard to find here in this little hick town. And I agree on the google something to do. Just from researching my family holiday I know of a few things. Depends if you want adrenalin or calm. Luna Park, Phillip Island, V8 supacar experience, Hike in the Grampions etc etc etc..... Will keep looking. And I vote for a couple fo days to catch up. Hows everyone else feel about that?
Old 04-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #675  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I don't mind what we do in Melbourne - and I think two days is a good idea. Maybe if we throw a few ideas around, and talk about the things we like doing… that might help us firm up a few plans.

I'm having a tantrum with my scales and weight loss at the moment. Don't know why, but I have to get my head back into a more disciplined place, and rediscover my motivation for losing weight.

It's a bit dangerous when you move into a workplace where you're more physically active, and where your work hours are all over the place, because it's hard to find a routine. It's also true that I'm guilty of thinking: "Oh I can eat that, I'll burn it off this afternoon". And that isn't very real.

So it's time to set some goals for this week, and STICK to them.

• On work days, eat no more than 1700 cals/day;

• On days off, eat no more than 1450 cals/day;

• DRINK some bloody water!!!;

• Make sure I walk at least 10,000 steps every day; and

• Aim for at least five serves of fruit/veges every day.

• Eat no more than 150 calories/day of "treats".

I'm not going to weigh in for a couple of weeks, because I want to get my eating goals back on track before I measure my progress.

How is everyone else going?

Ani

Last edited by PerthChick; 04-20-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Closed Thread