Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:32 PM   #541  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Not weighing in today. George has arrived and I have learnt NOT to weigh in when he's visiting. But everybody listen carefully....................
For the past week (almost) everytime I have put chocolate anywhere near my mouth I have literally felt sick ...gasp........ silence.............

Woohoo, maybe the junk in my trunk will start to shift.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:42 PM   #542  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I dropped 0.6kg this week - very happy with that.

Gen don't tease us. You know we want to know details .

Vonni! Chocolate makes you sick?

Kel what's your current weight loss plan? What are you doing?

Amy how are you travelling?

I have a challenging week coming up, food wise - and it's called shift work! I'm going to have to be really careful to try and balance adequate fuel for my body with eating at very strange hours. Today I work 12.30 - 9pm, and on Thursday I start at 6am. Oh well, hopefully I can figure it out.

My goal for this week is to stay below 78kg. I'm not prepared to put extra pressure on myself while figuring out this shift work routine.

How's everyone else going? Julia? Barb? Lindor?
Old 03-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #543  

Height: 5'5"

I had a bit of a binge session yesterday. Bloody chocolate! I see that I'm not the only one here that's having a chocolate problem at the moment! So having said that I'm not expecting to have a great loss this week, but no matter I'm not giving up that easily

Kel what your trainer has suggested sounds much like the programme I'm doing. Lots of protein, green veg and six meals. Do it girl it works!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #544  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

LMAO BARB... i know its terrible the chocolate,,, its just soooo .. good lol ..I gave in yet again to its call yesterday ... ..

and i ended up about 150 cals over my limit..

I am starting to hate the easter bunny , he is and evil evil little creature. How dare he bring so much chocolate into my house its just not fair.. Especially the cadbury crunchie bunnies .. they need to hop out of this house before they hop once again into my mouth watch out mister bunny im gonna thump you.......

LMAO .. ok i admit it it is not the bunnies fault he didnt pin me down and force feed it to me .. but can i just give him one kick??? please???

ok ill stop playing with the smileys now .. lol

I have had a crappy few days the last week and having to stay up late then get up early to give Cameron his antibiotics has now completely killed my sleeping pattern. I am laying in bed till 3-4 am still awake .. and then the kids wake me between 6 and 7 .. OMG im a train wreck I cant even open my blinds the last couple of days it hurts my eyes and gives me an instant headache.. Saturday my calories wer 1600 ish and i didnt move all day yesterday they wer too high but i did 20 minutes on the eliptical.. I wanted to see if it would make me feel better.. It did for a little while .. but i still couldnt sleep.

So im kinda feeling sorry for my self.. Choc sounds like a way to wake up a bit but instaed this time at least i have gone for a caffinated coffee .. bet its gives me a headache lol but i gotta try something right?

Today my only plan is to stay below my cals .. if i exercise i do if i dont i dont.. lol .. yeah great weight loss attitude huh? lol so yeah .. I feel like CRAP!! Hey you guys are lucky you didn't know me when my kids were babies.. lmao .. i was a constant TRAIN WRECK ... not enough sleep cant be bothered... eat crap.... shower every other day... lmao.. complete wreck.. lol .. OK i am being mean i got post natal with both of them .. but for me i think it was all sleep related.. I cant function at even 20% without enough sleep .. lol ..

anyway wish me luck for tonight ...
Old 03-30-2008, 10:17 PM   #545  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Oh, haven't I mentioned? I am struggling not to lick this guy on a daily basis. He's pretty. Unfortunately, he's also married with 4 kids aged 5, 7,9 & 11. Doh! I always thought he was hot, but it's just got ridiculous now haha... must stop lusting after him!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #546  

You're a naughty girl Gen, but then again there's nothing wrong with looking is there!

Amy go to the chemist and get Clinicals Tranqn. They're herbal and they stink to high heaven but they help you to relax and sleep. I have problems getting to sleep most nights then if I wake up or get woken up I lay there for ages.........drives me nuts! Anyway give em a try.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:22 AM   #547  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

ok.. plan implemanted..... sleep plan lol..
I have done my 30 minutes on the eliptical then 15 minutes weights.. i have also done 3 loads of washing and changed the bedding.. I have flipped the mattress on my own .. and its really really heavy .. i also flipped the slats on the bed .. just in case.. lol.. They were no different but i thought id give it a go .. I am uncomfortable in bed and i have lost some of the padding i had before that was making me comfy. so im trying eveything i can you know you always sleep better on clean sheets ill change them everyday if it means i will sleep lol I realised they hadnt been changed since last saturday so they were due anyway. And subconciously i probably knew that.. now what to do with our dog??? the the little sod doesnt bark all night hmmm ... duct tape??? lol j/k My neighbour across the road leaves her mangy cats out all night and evey night they fight with other catz.. and then all the dogs bark.. Its drives me nutz. well anyway i plan to turn this computer off just after i have had dinner .. so i can sit down and relax long b4 bedtime. IM noit speaking to hubby tonight so he cant annoy me lol..

The wirless broadband isnt working and he is really annoyed about it.. Cant blame him 300 for the modem then 114 a month and the wrotten thing wont stay connected any longer then 2 minutes .. Teltra say its a problem with vista.. i say its a problem with telstra.. Bigpond is a big joke.. When i rang them last night there own computers werent working .. and they run interenet.. what a joke.. anyway .. enough about that..
Im trying to be calm .. and not worry about anything.. calm.. cool and not worrying about anything...

lol i hope it works..
Old 03-31-2008, 08:19 AM   #548  
Am I a senior too?

slepp? Whats that? Amy ---- my youngest will be 2 on Thursday and we have only had ONE FULL NIGHT SLEEP since she has been born. Maybe thats why I am so cranky and moody all the time? My other half is ok, cause he goes into deep sleep within 5 minutes of hitting the pillow, but I take forever to get to that stage and just as I do................ I get woken. ADmittedly she doesnt cry for ages, just a small whinge and wanting her dummy and when she gets it thats it and back to sleep usually unless overtired or not feeling well, but it doesnt matter how long yr awake for.... its the fact that sleep has been disturbed. And I have tried the no dummy and no bottle to see if its that she cries for,,,, and its not, she still wakes.

Add to that we live opposite a train line with 2 intersections 100mt either way. Its uphill for them till our place then downhill, so we hear the drone and stuggle of the engines coming up, the blast of horn at intersection, then the brakes squealing as going down and another blast. All about 2am and SOMETIMES 2 times a night 12am and 4am. We live on a corner block so have cars turning, we live in an area where there is always parties and idiots yahooing on w/ends till all ours as they wander the streets from party to party (theres no getting away from that, this is party town central). We have a dog (the one that attacked my kids) that barks highpitched all night. Thise things I can sleep ok, but obviously the little one cant. Though you would think that since its been since she before she was born like this that she WOULD be used to it by now.

OK I've had enough whinging bout sleep deprivation.... Just wanted to let you know Amy. I HEAR YA lmao

Vonni
Old 03-31-2008, 08:21 AM   #549  
Am I a senior too?

PS.... Gen.... Kitty so cute, but lust doctor sounds hehehe. Nothin wrong with lusting, just be sure to keep it a fantasy, let it put a spring in yr step each day at work, nothing wrong with that... But take my advice---- married men are dangerous lol
Old 03-31-2008, 04:56 PM   #550  
It's ME!

Yup, I agree with the others ...... feel free to look at Mr Pretty, just don't touch!

I'm not doing well at all I was intending to get back on track this week but I'm just feeling so blah and devoid of any energy, it's really hard to make the effort.

When I drove into that stupid pole a couple of weeks ago it appears that I aggravated the whiplash from the car accident in November. I've had a headache since Saturday (ended up in bed at 6:30pm on Sat) and my neck is really sore. I've seen the chiropractor and the doctor and it's improving in that today I can move my head to the right but I still have the headache and just feel really unmotivated.

Times like this I know that the best thing to do is take a leaf out of Ani's book and set some goals so I'll do some simple ones for the day:

1) Stick to my points allowance.
2) Go to the gym after work and do at least 20 minutes of something.

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing better than I am

Old 03-31-2008, 07:10 PM   #551  
Am I a senior too?

Julia the Gym and aggravated whiplash.............. R u sure thats a good combination? What about finding a yoga class or something until your body heals?

Vonni

Ani woohooo on yr loss
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 PM   #552  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Don't worry, I probably only like him because he's unavailable.. that's my usual way! Did I mention that he has a PhD and is a professor as well? Sigh. And looks good in scrubs. It shouldn't be allowed.

(I like the drooling icon!)
Old 03-31-2008, 08:22 PM   #553  

Weighed in today...........down another 1.5kg

I can't believe how easy this plan is to follow, even with my MAJOR binge on the weekend I've still managed to lose!

Did you get some sleep Amy? My youngest is nearly six and he's still waking nights, usually twice a week. I'd be happy with six hours of unbroken sleep a night but with not getting to sleep and then not staying asleep I'm lucky to get four! Oh well what can you do!

XX
Barb
Old 03-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #554  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Way to go Barb! I'm really excited for you .

Gen I have been trying to NOT say you remind me of me in my attraction to totally unavailable people . How very SAFE! But if you think it through, and imagine him being available to you - albeit as second-best choice - that would only reinforce that you're not good enough. I think it would be much healthier to start thinking of yourself as being worth more than a married man's scruff - even if he is pretty .

Julia I don't like the sound of whiplash and gym? Can you get some professional advice about what exercises you can do? Of course you don't have to take their advice… and I can't talk because what I was doing at work last night would have given my chiropractor apoplexy!

If you've gone off plan and can't get your head right, I think it's a great idea to set small goals. There's nothing like momentum to get you back in the right frame of mind, and as you know I'm a big believer in doing that.

Don't be hard on yourself - we all have times where we just can't get our heads right, and where it all feels too hard. For me it happens in waves, but if you can just set a few small goals, and keep your toe dipped in the water (so to speak), you'll get there.

You've already done wonderful things to change your life; don't lose sight of how far you have come.

I worked last night and ended up with around 1750 calories. But I walked 11.9km, so I'm pretty confident I burned them all. I've now got two days off, and plan to do very little! For the next month I am working every Friday, Saturday and Sunday – all rather busy days at Bunnings! So my time off will be rather precious.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:45 PM   #555  
It's ME!

You ladies are doing AWESOME work with your weight loss it's very inspiring!

Thanks for your wise words Ani. It's helped to give me some perspective

Chiropractor was the one who actually recommended that going to the gym will probably be a good idea. I won't do any weights, will stick to cardio so am thinking that a 20 minute walk will be a good place to start.

Once I get back into the routine of exercising regularly I'm sure the rest will fall into place too.

Closed Thread