Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #466  
It's ME!

Hello Hello

Cripes you ladies have been chatting lots! I'll have to go back and read it all when I have time.

My big news is that by some miracle, I've maintained at 82kg through 2 weeks of no exercise and poor food choices.

I'm going to the movies tonight but wanted to make a good start to the week so got up early and went to the gym this morning. I've also contacted my old trainer about getting a new programme so that's a positive step.

I forget if I've told you guys but I have a BIG crush on my tattoo guy I popped in briefly on Saturday and haven't stopped thinking about him since. Oh dear.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #467  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

woohoo Julia - free tatts

I thought I'd be a little down today & I was right - 300gms. though I'd like to have lost some more. I would like at LEAST 500gm a week. But I suppose with such a hectic life & stuff its isn't gonna be easy to obtain those sort of results

How did everyone else go? There are a few of us extra now & I can't remember who weighs in on Mondays & who is the Thursday person

Ok now whats going on with Kel? when is she back? Lindor? Is everything ok? Don't you disappear on us now. You know if it seems things are in the too hard basket that we are still here for you no matter what. So jump back onto this wagon girl . Even if u just come along for the ride for a while, I don't mind a passenger.

Vonni
Old 03-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Great work Julia and Vonni

I dropped 1.6kg and got back to 78.9kg this morning - very happy with that.

This week's goal is to try to get to 78.5kg, and I'm hoping that all that walking around Bunnings, and being nervous about my new job will help that .

Vonni I weigh myself every day, but only 'officially' count Mondays. I weigh first thing in the morning, and it helps me stay motivated. It works for me because I don't get too upset when the scales are up - because I understand the various reasons why. But it has helped me to get to know my body better, and to understand how my body responds to certain foods/stressors/water etc.

I have to go back to the doctor this morning to get the results of the million blood tests I had the other day, and to talk about my blood pressure.

Aside from that I'm having my final day of being unemployed , so while I'm up that way I'm going to drop in at Kings Park and go for a nice long walk.

Have a good one all!

Ani
Old 03-16-2008, 10:53 PM   #469  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

great work guys grats on the huge 1.6 ani that is great .. wow last day of unemployment.. gee that must be disapointing lol..
Kel gave up the net for lent and i believe lent finishes at easter so went wont see her till next week .. but will be good to have her back..

Im good today I have my Parents coming over tonight to celebrate easter with the kids .. Since they are going away tommorrow to the ballarat region i vitoria, for a couple of weeks.. which for my parents means a couple of months lol,, they meander all over place and stay somewhere a few nights then move on back and forth till they decide they want to come home.. They have a caravan and they take the dog so its not too bad at all for them to do that..

So today i am cooking dinner chicken and salad and have made a mixed berry cheesecake for afters.. i know not a great diet food but ... its easter for us so .. i dont have to be good .. My parents and hubby will be away over easter so this is it for us.. of course ill get the kids a egg hunt on sunday but ..no big meal.... just eggs ..

anyway im having a good day i had breakfast again 3rd day in a row .. i had a banana for morning tea and a wrap for lunch so its just dinner and i will be within my cals even with the cheesecake cant complain about that .. I have done 1 hour of exercise already today so im right on track .
Old 03-17-2008, 07:36 AM   #470  

Got all my blood test results today, and for the most part I feel pretty happy. I had to get a Vitamin B12 injection because it was super low, and I need iron supplements. But kidney, liver, thyroid - all excellent. Electrolytes (magnesium, sodium, potassium & calcium) were all perfectly healthy. Blood Sugar level was super good.

Female hormone profile was a giggle; let's just say that if I had a late maternal urge… well it's too late!

BP & cholesterol - well, the donor DNA did me no favours there, but I will manage it.

All in all I am REALLY happy that my healthier eating and weight loss has made a really positive difference, and it shows up in the blood work I had done. Woo hoo!

And tomorrow morning I go off to work in blue jeans, steel-cap boots and my brand new Bunnings shirt. I feel like a kid going on their first day to school . Don't worry, I'll soon get over it, and I'll be joining Vonni in whinging about horrible customers .

Ate and drank well today, and met my goals. Didn't really exercise, but still managed around 7,000 steps - so not too bad.

Anyway, wish me luck for tomorrow and I'll pop in after work and let you know how it went.

Ani
Old 03-17-2008, 07:44 AM   #471  
Am I a senior too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthChick View Post
I'll be joining Vonni in whinging about horrible customers
Hey Ani.........................

good luck tomorrow
Old 03-17-2008, 07:58 AM   #472  

I was being sympathetic - mlm - oops! Cramp in my finger
Old 03-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #473  
Am I a senior too?

hehehe.

Well you'll be happy to know that Saturday was a funny day at work. Everyone was in a good mood even the customers. And I went up to layby to do a girls tea break. One of our young managers was down there as well. Anyhow, to cut a long story short - We decided to see if she could fold herself into a shelf inside the layby bays and get rolled together with another shelf. Was soooo funny, as shes quite tall and she just folded up like a concertina. I had my head down watching as I turned one handle and another girl turned the other side and CLUNK. I sconed myself fair in the forehead, collapsed on the floor in a fit of laughter leaving manager inside. She kicked her way out while only one handle was turned. You had to be there I guess hehehe. My tummy hurt from laughing so hard but cripes my head still hurts.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #474  
It's ME!

That sounds hillarious Vonni I was told a story when I was in training of a bunch of flight attendants who decided that they could fit into the overhead compartments. They were in them when passengers started to board the aircraft!

That's great news about your test results Ani. Always nice to have a clean bill of health Congratulations on your weight loss too, that's an awesome result. Best of luck for your first day at the new job. I hope it all goes well!

Diet yesterday was pretty good. I went to the movies in the evening and instead of getting popcorn I munched on some nuts and rice crackers.

Plan for today is to 1) stick to my points and 2) go to the gym after work.

Have a great day everyone

Old 03-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #475  
Blue Team Member

the blood work is great news ani.. nice to know your getting healthy .. Vonni what a scream you must be to work with .. lol .
I took Johns Nan shopping this morning .. she is 88 and a lovely lady. so i didnt mind at all .She has one of Johns cousins comging over from sydney to stay with her for a week so it will be nice for her to have someone around since shes is on her own .. I have done 30 minutes on the bike and i on target for calories so all in all a good day .. anyway time to run .. my washing has just finished .. cya later
Old 03-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #476  
It's ME!

Hey all

Ani, how was your first day? I hope it went well and that you enjoyed it.

Yesterday was a perfect day for me. I was under my points allowance for the day and I had a good session at the gym. Goal for today is to 1) stick to my points and 2) do a class at the gym tonight.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #477  
Blue Team Member

im down from 125.5 to 123.8 so im really pleased. the last two days i have had 1671 cals and 1393 calories .. so im happy with that .. i have done over an hour exercise both days too all up ,, so im feeling great.. im going to do the same exercise today . and im right on track and very happy to be on the wagon.. ok cyas later
Old 03-18-2008, 11:25 PM   #478  
Am I a senior too?

Not exercising today oir yesterday in fact havent in ages. maybe thats my downfall, but you'd think with the business and always on my feet it would count toward SOME calories lost. My job is on my feet - at layby I am up n down stairs, winding big shelving units across the floor and lifting stuff all day. Desk I am back and forward between front and rear, plus lifting and bending and running out to sales office. At the Dr I am on my feet all day, granted not moving much. At home I rarely sit. I have ten minute sessions in front of tv or half hour sometmies at PC, the rest of time I am running after kids and houseworking.

Ok from FRIDAY I am getting serious about the exercise thing. On the days I work study whatever I will do 15 minutes in morning and 15 minutes at night on elliptical. Days I don't I will go for a walk. Round the river even.

Vonni
Old 03-19-2008, 06:40 AM   #479  

Well I've just spent two days sitting on my @rse doing Induction training, and done NO exercise. I've tried to watch my food, but it's hard when they "provide" morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Oh well, I just have to put it behind me now and get on with things. As long as I don't gain any weight this week I'll be happy.

I have no idea of when I actually start work. It may be tomorrow - or it may be next week! Plays havoc with trying to budget, but I just keep telling myself that in another month everything will be settled down.

OK - for the rest of this week I am going to work hard to reach my goals every day, and still aim to try and get to 78.5kg by Monday.

Hopefully I will remain strong over Easter and avoid all those tempting little treats .
Old 03-19-2008, 06:46 AM   #480  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Hello ladies!

Home from holidays now...in fact was home Friday evening. I'll confess I was avoiding coming here. But only because I link coming here with stepping on the scales and the thought of that is kinda freaking me out. I was soooo not good while away!

So, it's back to square one for me. I still have not stepped on the scales, I wants to settle down into a routine again before I do that. I have been getting my calories and water back on track for the last few days, so hopefully I'll be fully on the wagon again soon!

I haven't read all the posts I have missed yet, but I will run over them soon! But I have skimmed a few pages and things look ok for you all.

Ani, I am curious as to how your first (and second) day at work has gone? And great to see you still managing the diet even with all these changes to your lifestyle.

Good to see Gen popping in ocassionally from across the miles. Sounds like she is keeping herself busy over there!

Vonni and Julia...you both still sound on top of things! That is awesome and inspiring!

Sorry for the short post. I have only just got my power back after a three hour failure, and I really need to get something to eat! I was good to resist going out to the local takeaway shop...and yes, I was tempted there for a while!

Enjoy the evening!
Closed Thread