Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #526  
It's ME!

I'm glad things are on the up Amy. Thank goodness the computer arrived eh. Your friend's kid sounds like a complete nightmare! Why on earth was she given 5 guinea pigs when she kept killing them? Sounds like there are some pretty bad issues going on there.

Vonni I like your idea of a rant page I think it's great that we have this forum as an outlet when we need to yell!

Ani I'm sure that will all the extra activity you're doing that a few days of eating junk won't make too much of an impact. Just make sure that you don't keep doing it. When I worked at The Warehouse, it was a great opportunity to kick start my weight loss but I compensated by eating more and my weight stayed the same. I'm gutted now because it would have been so easy to have lost a few kg over that period of time. You must be excited at the prospect of your first pay on the horizon!

As for me, I'm so unfocussed. When I have to buy all my meals and the company pays me back, I always choose bad food. Yesterday I had Pad Thai for lunch which was so oily I only ate half of it then for dinner I had 3 slices of pizza. Not good at all.

Thank goodness I'm heading home tonight. Goal for today: have a coffee and muesli bar for morning tea, have a salad for lunch, go to supermarket and get something healthy for dinner.

Hope you all have a great day.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #527  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Amy thanks for that website - it helped me to be able to look at some new goals.

Julia you just prompted me to check, and my first pay is in the bank . It's a week's worth, but that's a good start, and now I can go out and buy food tonight after work.

Also thanks for the reminder that I can't keep stuffing my face with rubbish and expect to lose weight. Starting tonight (when I've been food shopping) I'm going to make a plan to increase my protein and to take snacks to work so I can reduce my hunger and fuel myself more efficiently.

My legs are sore today - calves and quads - they feel really tight. So as daggy as it sounds I am going to do stretches before and after work (and during).

Anyway my goals for today:

Eat 1800 calories;

Drink 2.4L water;

Walk 10,000 steps ;

Increase the protein in my diet; and

Make a food plan for the week.

I'd be very surprised if I lose any weight this week because I've eaten too much rubbish. But as long as it stops now, and I get back on the wagon I'll be OK.

Julia you're right. It's crazy not to take advantage of a physical job, so I promise to behave. Right - off I go!

Ani
Old 03-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #528  
It's ME!

Yay Ani I'm glad to hear you got paid! I know how it feels to be living on the bones of your arse so I hope you can get some good food tonight. Good on you also for realising that having a physical job = more weight loss ONLY if you control your food.

I have had a successful start to the day ...... had a coffee for morning tea, salad for lunch and have bought a roast vegetable and couscous meal and a pottle of yoghurt for my dinner.

Back on track
Old 03-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #529  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

well done kiwi you stuck to your plan i too am sticking to mine today i have had enough feeling guilty and crap becuase i eat chocolate.. what is the point of that.. I find if i stay away from sugar completly and switch to splenda in my cofee ect.. i dont want anything sweet , my body stops craving it .. but start eating it again and the old cravings come back , its almost like a drug lol.. something bad our bodies crave.. lol no i have never tried drugs but i9 have been like that with coffee which is why i switched to decaf.. when i switched to decaf i had a headache for 3 days though lol .. So i dont intend to ever go back to cafienated coffee at home.. though i will occasionaly have some when im out..

So anyway im at 123.5 so im not so a small lose of 300 grams dispite the chocoholic attack lol

Ani i have a huge problem getting enough protien .. and i donr know how to change it so i get enough protein and not too many calories.. i buy lean meet and cook it on the health grill but when i put it in calorie king i usually have too many cals when i have enough protein .. there just doesnt seem to be enough balance.. do i need to get turkey or somethng for less calories for my protein.. I est tuna,chicken, beef salmon,. pork lamb and tofu and eggs , so i shouldnt have som mucgh trouble but i find it hard to balance the protein each day ..
Old 03-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #530  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

oh dear Amy what you said about the coffee and headache made me realise something. The reason I am feeling like crap and headachey is I have had CHOCOLATE. I have had a sore head fluctuating between headache and migraine since sunday.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:37 PM   #531  
Blue Team Member

lol im glad to hear im not the only one addicted to choc atm .. but im sorry its making you feel lowsy, it was making me feel lowsy too .. lol .. we should ban the stuff. its not worth the feeling crappy and guilty and then getting angry.. with ourselves.. it has no nutritional value .. so what is the pojnt.. lol
Old 03-27-2008, 08:22 AM   #532  
Am I a senior too?

I used to detest chocolate - really I did, it's only been the past 12 months that I have liked it. omg yuk
Old 03-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #533  
It's ME!

I'm quite sure that sugar is addictive Amy. Good on you for aiming to quit it!

I'm home again and happy to be here. It was great to sleep in my own bed last night! Didn't have any food at home to make lunch so will aim to have something nice and healthy from the local cafe.

Aim for today is to eat well and move my body! I haven't exercised since last week so I will aim to go for a walk tonight.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #534  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I've been addicted to chocolate for years - but I try to eat it in really moderate amounts these days.

Two days off for me now, and they're going to be very busy. I have someone moving in here tomorrow, and my departing housemate hasn't moved all his stuff out yet (even though he is supposed to be long gone). So I may have to pack the rest of his stuff up and put it in the garage.

I did better with food yesterday - ate 1590 calories, walked 9.2km and drank 2.1L of water. It still isn't enough water but I'm improving. Guess it takes a few weeks to adjust.

Got a deadline for an article today; it's pretty easy, a monthly gardening column that I write.

Vonni I'm worried about you. Are you OK? Here's a just to let you know that even though I've been very busy I'm thinking about you.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:13 PM   #535  
Blue Team Member

ok here it is my wrotten weigh in day lol....

ok so time to face the scale...... im 270.6 last firday i was 271.7 so that is an over all lose this week of 1.1 pounds lol

im not to unhappy with that this week i have

gained 3 cm from my bust (must be ovulating lol)

lost 2cm off my waist

lost 4cm off my hipo hips lol

and gained 1 cm on my thigh... must be all that working out lol

so either the chocolate has gone on my thighs and bust or there is something else going on lol .. i beleive its working out and hormones .

so there it is my check in lol
Old 03-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #536  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

:c arrot:
miss me hehehehe

they are definately not for me! i suck i am now about 86ISH kg whoops! heheheehehe ok it is not a laughing matter but i may as well laugh and get over it like i am doing!!

the carrot party is for amy!! you go girl loss is good

got the secret for the chocolate thing DONT DENY YOURSELF you just pig out when you think it is naughty and it is there!!! LET YOURSELF have a LITTLE TINY WEENY bit of chocolate everyday and SAVOUR IT!!! so there
give that a go

i have just finished a training session with a new trainer and i told him how yesterday i burnt 600calories at the gym and then got home and think i snacked on 600calories (cookies mmmhhhmmmm) and asked what i should eat when i get home.... he said 6 meals a day in the beginning of the day go for protein, carbs etc and in the end of the day lay off the carbs
todays morning tea was tuna on rice crackers with salad (i stuck some lettuce on ... that counts ok!) and for lunch i am going to have a ham and salad sandwich then monday i see him again and ask what i should have for afternoon tea and for breakfast.... dinner he said should be (for me) about150grams of meat and LOTS of veges mainly green if i can
so that sounds like fun
sounds like LOTS of food for me to get into

it is scary listening to all these stories about "naughty" children at the moment the worst my girl does is trash the coffee table coz i am being stubborn and NOT jemima proofing it..... she is the "loser" child that tries to share when she plays with her friends too they dont get it and bop her on the headd with the toy after snatching it from her.... will have to toughen her up a little but not to the killing guinea pig stage wooah

vonni how is everything going?? i dont know how you do it so many kiddies, what does your partner do??

ani, i am so jealous of your job, ithink that is what i am going to look for IF i decide to go back to work, i want a warehouse type job where i can sort stuff and walk around and lift heavy things etc..... no office politics

i am so glad that johns computer turned up....

and you will all laugh your arse off my computer not subscribed to this thread again!!!! i suck! will try and do it now...

have a good weekend
Old 03-28-2008, 12:56 AM   #537  
Am I a senior too?

Kel I dont kid proof my house either. I make it "safe" but refuse to put anything up. They need to learn to live in our world and no is no and dont touch is dont touch. Ebony trashes my DVD shelf grrrr. So my methodical order of things is no longer methodical but thrown back however I have time to do it. lol
Vonni
Old 03-30-2008, 08:12 AM   #538  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

this coffee table is going to be the end of me.... but i think i will refuse to give in.... i have given her the rest of the house!!!

not sure if i am going to weigh tomorrow or thursday, think might start a monday thing and that is when i will see new trainer

had an omelette for brekky yesterday and planning one tomorrow morning
and porridge this morning
BOTH things that can be enjoyed by both me and jemima... but unfortunately neither on benji's fave list... ho hum majority rules!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #539  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

OK my big diet *cough lifestyle change* starts again tomorrow. We have a weigh in tomorrow or Tues, you can weigh in morning or afternoon. I might start in the afternoon so it looks like I've lost weight next time I weigh in in the morning.. haha... it IS a competition!

I have my salad dressing spritzer bottles (1 calorie per spray, allegedly!).

I'm going to the gym today to find my way around.

Currently listening to a song about how lusting after married men is bad. Must get over my workplace crush!
Old 03-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #540  
Am I a senior too?

[email protected] Whos the object of this crush? Hmmm???? Come on spill the goss.
Closed Thread