Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #496  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

ohh ani i love your long posts ^^ that is just way to short ( lol

im pleased this morning im down another 300grams which means i have lost 2 whole kilos this week
getting back on track was well worth it .. im very happy to be back on track .. im still a little above what i got down to before i jumped off the wagon last month .. but .. im happy to have lost in again

ok whats been going on kel has given us up for lent
julias sister had a baby boy .
ani started her job but still had problems with the old B*tch landlord
i jumped off the wagon for a whole month feeling like you are now... whats the point ( i was sick and feeling sorry for myself all of which is very helpful ) but got back on track at the begining of this week ..

i think that is alot of the gossip.. lol.. anyone esle think of anymore gossip?? lol
Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Amy congratulations - that's fantastic !

Hmmm… gossip! I think you covered most of it - except for Julia's car accident. Barb has started a new program and it has been days since we heard from Gen.

Expecting Kel to bounce back in any day now. Hopefully without a thousand empty KFC and M&M wrappers in her trail .

I feel really low on energy today, and I'm not sure if I can be bothered working through all the things I had planned. Didn't sleep all that well last night, but I get my own bed back tonight so hopefully I will sleep 12 hours to make up for all these weeks of bad sleeps.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:11 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Yes I agree Ani - you need to start a weight loss website with inspirational blog. You can charge membership.

I have been busy, and not eating great yet! Our work weight loss challenge starts April 1st (fool's day, how appropriate... hehe), so i'm just aiming for that. I am DEFINITELY (!!) going to make it to join the gym in the next couple of days. Just haven't been able to get out of work on time this week, been super busy and now it's Easter and March Madness (college basketball tournament)... craziness!

Foster kitties are cute - pics here: http://galleries.joesdiner.com/gen/USA2008

In fact, there are pics of all sorts of things there, including one of me with a friend in New Jersey last weekend on our roadtrip to see a Live concert. Good times!

I have a busy couple of weeks coming up, with a conference trip to Boston soon.

My boss asked me if I'd entertain the idea of working in Hawaii for 3 months next year! That's a big **** YES haha. I am not a huge fan of the heat, but Hawaii looks so beautiful and I've never been there yet!

OK, it's 12:24am so I am going to finish this basketball game, add up my scores in the work tipping comp and go to bed - off to try and get my learner's permit tomorrow!

Last edited by pacman12; 03-22-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:10 AM   #499  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Ani, I hesitated about using the term Agony Aunt too. Your long posts are always helpful, insightful, easy to read and verrrry supportive - DON'T YOU DARE STOP THEM!!

Gen, US sounds like the change you needed. You sound excited, happy and full of 'get up and go'. With all that you have done since being there, and that you sound settled already, it is hard to believe it was only a little while ago that you were still waiting for the date that you were going!

And, WOW for the three months in Hawaii! That sounds awesome!

Cute kittens too

Now, tell me Julias car accident was the one she mentioned recently about hitting a pole? Or is the gossip in fact another accident??

The damage from the pole reminded me of a vehicle I saw in Perth recently. This vehicle had obviously experienced a similar accident and had a huge dent and extensive scratches along the rear fender. The owner, possibly knowing it might take a while to repair, 'patched' the damage up with bandaids and put a sticker near it with the word 'OUCHIE'.

Congrats on becoming an Aunt Julia!

I can't help but wonder how anyone could possibly give up their internet for 40 days for any reason! I admire Kels ability! I struggled at three weeks! Looking forward to hearing from Kel soon!

I am curious about Barbs new program???

Amy, well done for finding the strength to jump back on the wagon. I know how hard it is to do that particularly when there is still a way to go (Heck! Does it get easier at any point??). And well done on your efforts so far!

Ani, I hope you are enjoying your housemate freedom! Is that it now for you? No more housemates?

I am still on the wagon, and sticking to my not so strict calorie budget. I go back to work on Tuesday and my biggest concern about that at the moment, is whether I can still fit into my work uniforms. With the weight I lost before going away, I was just starting to feel comfortable in them again!

Still no scales...and still quite happy with that

I've had a lazy weekend, finished reading one book and halfway through the next! And Ani, I have actually put in a request to be moved to another flat (same complex) that has an outdoor sitting area, fish pond and a nice little yard! Hopefully will know in the next month or two if I do get to move - keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their Easter break!
Old 03-23-2008, 05:09 AM   #500  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

I ate way to much chocolate today and I think the scales will show it tomorrow. The past few days have been crap emotionally and eating wise so...... Tomorrow is another beginning for me and going to be more strict with myself. I have been a little to lax lately.

Vonni

PS - but the chocolate was good
Old 03-23-2008, 08:31 AM   #501  

Gen! Good to hear from you, I had a look at the photos and it seems like you're settling in over there and really enjoying yourself. Good luck with the challenge at work… April Fool or not, you go girl!

Vonni what's wrong? Why are you having emotional troubles? Of course you can tell me to mind my own business, but here's a from me.

Lindor it sounds like you're figuring things out. I think that finding balance is important - the scales are no more important than any other aspect of life. To me they're a tool, but they'll NEVER be my master.

I decided to rearrange all my furniture today - including six bookshelves full of books. WELL! I've been here almost six weeks, I was bored with how things looked . Actually it's not unusual for me when I first move. When you first arrive you get the removalists to plonk things down where they seem to fit - or where it appears to make sense. But after you've lived in a place for a few weeks you realise that your home would be in better 'harmony' if you just made a few adjustments .

And then I had to google how to feng shui my bedroom . Yes, I know - I'm different…

Anyway, must go and do a little more before bedtime. Here's to a good post-Easter weigh-in .
Old 03-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #502  
Blue Team Member

:eas ter2:

since it only comes once a year i thought is go nuts... lol,

HAPPY EASTER GIRLS

We had a great day .. i actually got through easter sunday with less then 2000 calories lol im amazed.. and that was my only goal for today and i achieved it..

Considering w had a huge dinner .. Silv put on the whole traditional english dinner ... raost veg, cauli cheese, ham and turkey, stuffing.. yorkshire puddings.. , gravy , brusel srouts honey carrots... lol it was all there ...but fortunatly for me.. she didnt serve it up she left it all self serve.. so i did really well .. the extra cals.. actually came from the choclate i ate.. lol .. yeah i know.. bad me.. but too bad.. it was easter sunday.. lmao..

The kids had an absolute ball .. they ate heaps thn spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool .. i put them to bed at 6.30 onkly to have cameron get up at 7 30 screaming in pain from an earache.. I have called a doctor to come out and its now .. 10.45 and im still waiting for the doctor.. lol.. Cameron finally went to sleep at 9.30 crying.. .. i have him in a sitting up postition on about 8 pillows.. laying down made it worse for him.. i hope the doc comes soon .. i want to go to bed.. but with everything closed tomorrow i'll wait i dont fancy waiting 3-4 hours at the hospital instead in the morning..

so hooray for me.. and hooray to another bad nights sleep... lol ..

I will stop maoning now.. im just tired.. our day was fabulous .. great poeple .. great food and great fun.. cya girls later..
Old 03-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #503  

Amy how long did you end up waiting for the doctor? How's things this morning?

I had a good weigh-in (considering it's Easter ) and dropped 0.4kg. I'm happy with that.

This week I'll be working Tuesday - Thursday, then have two days off and back into it on Sunday so hopefully that will help with my 'incidental exercise'… all that walking up and down those big aisles at Bunnings and serving my lovely customers, unpacking plants, stacking things on shelves etc.

My goal for this week is really to just take things one day at a time, and to figure out a routine. It's all going to be rather strange and new for me, so I don't want to put extra pressure on myself.

I really want to get close to 78kg by next week's weigh-in, so I need to keep that in the front of my mind.

Sadly Lindor I won't be housemate-free. Rent is too expensive here, and I have someone moving in here on Saturday. She's a teacher in her 40s who seems really conservative - and she values her privacy and her work. So hopefully I won't notice her around much. HOPEFULLY!

Today I'm going to rearrange the furniture in the rooms I missed yesterday, and then go to Freo for a wander. I need to find a supermarket that's open, and I also want to do something relaxing on my last day off.

Good luck for anyone else weighing in today.

Ani
Old 03-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #504  

Ani, you need someone like my housemate. She's annoying as **** when she's here (really loud talker and never shuts up) although she's nice, but the best thing is - she's hardly ever here! I honestly see her about 2-3 times a week. She works fulltime (later than me) so I'm gone before she gets up. Then she does babysitting a couple nights, sees the boyfriend most days/nights and also is in a singing group.

It's great!
Old 03-23-2008, 09:44 PM   #505  
Blue Team Member

the doctor came at midnight and said both Cams ears are infected .. lol YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAWWWWNN.. lol Cam is feeling fine today until he lays down and then he starts to cry again.. poor kid.. ill have to do a run around for an open chemist .. and dont know if he will go to school or not.. tomorrow.. but at this stage if the poor kid cant sleep i cant see him going to school either.

well done on the weight loss ani.. . lol i started this post over an hour ago forgot about it becuase i had a phone call from a friend telling me the chemist on the main raod was open.. so i threw on my clothes and ran down there forgetting about this post.. hehehe
Old 03-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #506  
Am I a senior too?

Well my weigh in was crap as I had thought. Up nearly a kilo, but hopefully it'll even out by the end of the week. As I have said before I weigh daily to get a feel, and I have been on average around 300gm up all week so hoping it jumps down again by next week. Ani well done on yr drop and Amy well done on control yesterday.

Ani no more probs than usual but they finally seem to be getting on top of me cause I am drained from the constant battles.

Just child troubles and partner problems. I think half the child troubles stem from the man troubles. Long story, but in a nutshell I have a very moody partner takes everything to heart, reads between the lines on comments made and takes offence easy, wants sex to often (I'm over that) and crabs it when he doesnt get it. Also is very pessimistic and materialistic and fights with my 13 yr old CONSTANTLY. And I have the x now being a prat trying to reduce child support when his new estimate was $40 less a fortnight anyway. He's trying to say he DOES have my kids every 2 weeks but in reality the 7 yr old goes 3 nights a month and the other night she is at her grandmas or auntys. He is trying to claim that night so he goes over the percentage of care so its reduces dollars. What he pays now doesnt even quarter cover real costs so................. At least he is not disputing the 13yr old. He won't go and hasnt for months. Hates it there. But I have to get statements from people to say when I have them otherwise they take his word for it. Not fair that I am the one who has the kids and he can lie and get away with it. And he gets his family and his new wifes family to lie for them. I don't want to ask friends for statements as it is putting them in the middle, but by not doing so it helps him get what he wants. I think he will eventually try for custody of the 7yr old and I have said over my dead body and I mean it.

Enuf bout my crap anyhow.

How did everyone elese go with weigh in... eeekkkk at easter.

Vonni
Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #507  
Am I a senior too?

Amy I hope cam gets better soon. I think earaches are one of the worst pains you can get. That and toothache. Give him a hug from von xxx
Old 03-24-2008, 12:29 AM   #508  

Agree, sympathies to Cam - I had an earache for the first time last year and it sucked!

I have not stopped eating all day today. Oh joyous uterus spasms... fortunately it coincided with easter so I had an excuse to stuff my head with chocolate.

Last edited by pacman12; 03-24-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #509  
Am I a senior too?

so much for being a new beginning. I ate another lindt white chocolate bunny, a mini packet of burger rings, a caramel iceblock, a triple choc muffin and my breakfast (i think) and dinner. And another crap day.

Vonni.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #510  
It's ME!

Lindt white choclate bunnies ...... YUM!!

It's sure been busy here over the past few days! Lindor I hope you're feeling better about things. I think that we all go through times where it all feels like too much effort. I wonder if maybe you should try something different from calorie counting for a while?

I love your story about the car you saw with an "ouchie" I should do that to mine because I'm not planning on fixing it any time soon. It was only a couple of months ago that I had the front of it panelbeaten after driving into a pole. Doh!

Love the photos Gen - nice ones of you and the kitties are super cute! Love the one in the sink. Have you seen the websites catsinsinks.com? Very funny. Sounds like things are going well which is great to hear. Hawaii would be an awesome opportunity too!

I've been in Wellington since Saturday and have had a lovely time with everyone. My new nephew is cute as a button and is very good at eating and sleeping if nothing else. No name yet but whatever they pick is sure to be unusual.

Counting points is completely out the window while I'm away from home and excercise is minimal so I'll be happy if I manage to maintain while I'm away. Diet hasn't been too badly out of control but I do have to admit to eating quite a lot of crackers with cheese and pate over the weekend.

Goal from now until I go home on Thursday night is to watch my food intake.

Closed Thread