Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Jill that is awesome and new job Monday you will enjoy it.

Well it sounds like everyone has been able to get out and ride some well I think we will be able to this week as they are forecasting 60-70 degree weather all week.

I have a good friend that is taking the safety course first weekend in May so we have been waiting for nice weather to get her out on a bike to practice alittle before hand, she is so excited which makes me excited

Well hope everyone has a great Sunday!!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #242  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Yay...Jill!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Let us know what you think of your new career. I really want a change in jobs, too. I don't think I can take another year working at the school. and I've really been thinking about Nursing Assistant classes. So please share your experiences!!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:09 AM   #243  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

I will, Reb! Yesterday and today are orientation...preettty interesting! Man....the health benefits are incredible! For hospitalizations, it's a $50 copay, then 100% coverage. This and more costs me $19 a paycheck (biweekly). Thursday I have computer training, then I get let go onto the unit shadowing someone, but I don't have that schedule yet.

Have a great day, Chickies!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #244  

That is great! Well we have 72 degree weather today but the winds are over 50 MPH so no riding today either, oh well I know nice weather is on its way.......

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 04-16-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #245  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good evening! My stupid cold is almost gone, YAY. I've been able to exercise again, so I only missed 2 or 3 days.

I've been able to ride to work 3 times now, and yes again tomorrow
and then I have off Friday and Sat. Friday I will ride to MV to get my replacement license plate ( I had blue lights behind me on the way home, thought "oh no, let me just get a lecture please!" and the cruiser sped past me. Whew!!)

and on Saturday we're trying to organize a group ride. Yay!

have a great night and a super day tomorrow everyone
Old 04-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #246  
Biker Chick!

btw, NO one at work has said anything about me being 13 pounds less. Turkeys I'm sure they all whispered amongst themselves when I was at my roly-poliest!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:09 AM   #247  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! another beautiful day. Last night after I got home from work, fed the son, changed clothes and did yard work. The dog poop yard...the horror! the horror! but it's done. And I did a little raking around the lily beds. Just a start.

Hope everyone has a nice day Just being able to ride to work makes it bearable!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #248  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

You're lookin' GREAT, Holly! I certainly notice the 13 lb difference! YAY YOU!

Glad you're able to get out there and ride....I'm sure we'll get out there today :-) since HH is off today too.

Yesterday was first day at the hospital.....it was awesome!!! I think I'm gonna just love it. More details later! Am off today and tomorrow....then back at it at 6am on Sunday. Yikes!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #249  
Biker Chick!

hey Jill, thanks!

Today I had off, and HAD planned to ride to MV to get my license plate replacement...and to tan...and to goof off a bit....and ride of course...BUT I also promised older son to take him to a Suzuki dealership to pick up his NEW V-Strom (a nice sport-tourer).

However, dear son SHOULD have done more prep, because we spent time at his bank (it's an hour away) then time at the dealership, then Back to the bank for over an hour, then back to the dealership....and he can't even pick up the readied bike til Monday. The only reason I was taking him was so he could ride it home, supposedly. So I spend All freakin day in the car driving and waiting.

So I was .....crabby. At my whole day being gone. I'm a selfish person aren't I Son was very very apologetic and realized there were phone calls he should have made ahead of time, etc. Oh well.

Please take a look at my ticker, chicks! 15 pounds down. It's hard to believe!!! I credit the elliptical with giving the extra kicking to my body. I've been doing about 30 minutes of elliptical in addition to my daily tapes. And trying very hard to stick to lean meats, low fat cheese, tons of veggies and lowfat dairy.

We are riding with friends tomorrow, yay! and then a friend's 50th birthday party tomorrow night. That event MIGHT be a diet buster, i think there will be snacky type catered platters and lots to drink. I must keep my goals in mind. I want to see the 150's soon!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #250  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Whoo Hoo, Holly!!!!! 15 pounds is AWESOME!!!!!!

Great work!

Have a good weekend, ladies!

Last edited by rebelridergirl; 04-18-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:35 AM   #251  
Biker Chick!

Thank you Andrea! love those big letters just for me

We rode close to 150 miles with friends yesterday! Down to Bethel, then back up a different way. We passed through towns in cold pockets that still had deep snow and thick ice clinging to cliffs..in those places the air temp dropped to like, 'who opened the freezer door?' and then back into the WARMTH that is actually very rare for this time of year here.

A relatively small group; 7 bikes. Two lady riders two couples two/up; and three guys.

Then we went to a friend's 50th bday party in the evening. I had, for the first time in WEEKS, some crackers and chips n dip, but not a lot. No alkyhol; just diet coke. But two pieces of cake. Back on track today.

Today my husband might try to replace my custom mirrors/turn signals with some more functional ones. I loved how sharp the custom ones looked, but they suck performance-wise. In that they can't adjust by swiveling/adjusting the head....they are bolted to the bars and that is how they adjust. That is sucky-difficult, and the mirror area is so small. I have to choose function over form. And I've had people tell me that from the front, they can hardly see my turn signals when they're on.

Our main concerns on a bike are to see and be seen; if I can't depend on my mirrors or signals, that is not good.

okay, I slept late, now I need to get on the elliptical.

enjoy your day!
Old 04-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #252  

That is awesome Holly, you must be feeling great!!!!
We did finally get to go for a ride this weekend it was chilly in the morning when we left but it ended up being a very nice day overall. Went to our Harley shop for the open house and DH bought some new boots and sunglasses.

Talk to everyone later hopefully I will start getting online again alittle more miss talking to everyone.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #253  
Biker Chick!

Hi chicks! reda, I'm glad you had a nice ride!

Well, a co-worker asked me how much weight I've lost. She knows I've been trying. When I told her 15 pounds, she didn't say anything like 'oh, it shows' or 'you look good' Ah, who needs her : devil:You guys here are my cheering team!

I was on the elliptical for 50 minutes yesterday, and it showed 800 calories being burned! Do you think that's accurate? I was sweating and slightly labored breath the whole time. I kept making myself little goals, like 'until the next song is over' or 'until I burn another 100 calories'. That helps

We have had continued gorgeous, totally out-of-character weather for this time of the year! Usually it's warming up a little, but rainy. The sun just keeps shining each day, and WARM! So nice!

I had the air pressure checked on my tires today, and made an appointment for oil change this Friday. I decided to switch to a synthetic blend, which is more expensive, but supposedly reaps much better benefits. I did run synthetic with my previous bike, and had great results.

Just got back from a tanning appt., this is my third or fourth time (but visits are spaced FAR apart, like 2 weeks) and I'm up to 15 minutes. I'm also using Vaseline Intensive Care's body moisturizer that self-tans. It gives good color, not orangy or too dark.

Oh! Hubster DID replace my mirrors, and installed my light bar. I just came back in the dark, and those extra lights make a BIG difference. Yay! I was able to see the raccoon scurrying away much sooner than I would have before.

OK, I've blabbed enough for tonight
Old 04-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #254  

HELLO EVERYONE!!!
Well we are having great weather and sunshine today as well. But the rain is coming for the next few days.....urg. Yeah I am pricing tires today for both the front and rear on my bike, just had to buy a battery but I had the original battery and rear tire so 20,000 miles later it is time to get new. The front tire I had to replace just one year after buying my bike new it was defective because it only wore on the left side of the tire and the right side still looked brand new. Anyways it is better safe than sorry ....Boy tires are not cheap either.
I also switched to synthetic and it helped keep my bike cooler running since it is air cooled.

Well I think tonight I may join weight watchers as I have been trying to follow my PWL program but since they closed it has been tuff I need to have the accountability of weighing in weekly, so I decided to go check it out tonight as they only have meeting once a week.
Well I will check back in later have a great afternoon!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:00 AM   #255  
Biker Chick!

Good morning chicks! Hi reda! What's PWL? If you already told us, sorry best wishes with WW! Sure works for a lot of people.

Any special tires you're thinking of? Boy you're right on, they aren't cheap. But we have sworn by the Avon tires (actually 'tyres' - they're a UK company ) Pricey but work so very well on our cracked Vermont roads, and in the rain. They're a 'softer' tire. So they wear quicker, but we think they're worth it. The model we use are the Venom X.

Did I tell you all that I did the tanning booth the other night, and my buns are burned well the area right under my buns. Didn't think 15 minutes would do that!

A co-worker was a jerk to me yesterday. A guy, he just went off on me. Very controlled, low voice but full of sarcasm. He apologized about a half hour later, but I was already pretty at him by then. And I have to work side-by-side with him today for a couple hours. Bleh. Oh well. I'm out of there in one week!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread