Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:50 AM   #106  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

GINA - forgive me for blipping over your injury That sux! no upper body/arms working out. Does this mean you can't do the spinning class either? Sure hope it heals quickly!!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:53 AM   #107  
Biker Chick!

And OMIGOSH is it good to move my ticker DOWN instead of UP
Old 01-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #108  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

OMG! I haven't been getting my notifications so I thought all was quiet on here! WOW! You guys have been busy!

Glad to see ya'll.....I will read your posts to get caught up with what everyone's doing and check back later.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #109  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Spinning is also on hold... Doc says up to a month...maybe it was time to switch things up a bit.

Holly - a whole week of under 1500?! I how you say no in a bakery....quite impressive!! And moving the ticker dwon to show for it.

Good to see you back, Jill!!

Having a quiet MLK Day over here.. gotta love 3 day weekends.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 260/180/135

Height: 5'3"

No 3 day weekend here. I'm jealous.

I'm so proud of you Holly!!!!! I refuse to move my ticker up so it is just staying there, lol. I have now lost 10 of the 13 lbs I had gained when I got so far off track and actually made the gym today

People's reactions are funny but my bestd friend and the hubby have been a tremondous help and support.

Holly, good luck with the change in medication but I believe in a few weeks you will see a difference. We do all have bad days when we need to blow and vent. Unfortunately those will never totally go away. Dh's just don't have a clue, even when I was having adverse reactions to my medications the dh wasn't even telling me so I wasn't realizing that the medicine wasn't really working. When it finally came down to it and we were talking about things and putting our relationship back together he just said I thought you could tell that it wasn't working. NO, duh. Obviously I couldn't or I would have changed things faster.

A huge hello to everyone else.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:34 AM   #111  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabsexy View Post
... he just said I thought you could tell that it wasn't working. NO, duh.
Yup. Loving but clueless sometimes

Hi Jill!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:47 PM   #112  

Yep totally clueless.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #113  
Biker Chick!

Hi chicks!

I had some bad choice yummies last night, but not more than 500 calories I think. That was the first time I went over 1500 calories a day, for 8 days.

Today was a supreme test of self control, when near the end of my shift, I came SOOOOO close to having some chocolate cake with peanut butter filling that was STARING at me - I found a "Special K" bar instead for 90 calories...

This morning I did a step aerobics tape, but only with ankle weights, 'cause my upper bod is a little sore from yesterdays chest/arms work.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there! How is your elbow, Gina?

hugs to all
Old 01-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #114  

Ocassional slips are allowed. Which is a good thing for me. At least you are back on track for today and good for you for finding something other then the cake to eat.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:05 AM   #115  
Biker Chick!

Good morning!

Running a little late today. But today is my Friday! (I have off FRidays and Saturdays) Woohoo!!

Sipping coffee, surfing, then going to do as challenging a workout as I can. My revenge to winter is to wring as much fat burning and muscle building out of each cold dreary day that I can
Old 01-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #116  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

WTG Holly!! It pays to have safe munchies around.

I think the elbow thing is gonna take a while. I'm kind of starting to like jogging - I just have to get to the gym early enuf to get a treadmill until the New Years newbies go away. When the rain stops I'll hit the road.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #117  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Hey ladies!

Gina- Sorry to hear about your injury! I'm glad that you're enjoying jogging, though. In my thinner days, I used to love it.

Holly- How's the Wellbutrin working? Does it feel like it's helping? I am so proud of you for sticking with your plan of under 1500 calorie days and choosing the Special K bars instead of cake!

Jill- Hey!! It's good to see you, girlfriend!!

Kayla- Yeah, men...gotta love 'em. It's so good that you do have a strong support in your friends even though your family jealous of your weight loss.

There really has to be some truth to that "Men are from Mars and women are from Venus" stuff. When I was really suffering with my migraines and complaining (quite profusely I must admit) and would refuse to go out due to pain, my dear sweet hubby finally said, " I had no idea you were really hurting." I was like...hmm...you've GOT to be kidding me, I complain and gripe all the time about it!! LOL.

Well, not much more to report here... I've actually lost 9 pounds this month so far. I'm not too sure where my calorie level should be, but I've thought around 1500-1700. It's all trial and error, I guess.

Have a great one, Chicks!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 PM   #118  
Biker Chick!

Reb - Hi!! CONGRATS on losing NINE pounds! I'm happily jealous

Oh! how can husbands/boyfriends be so....dense?

and how nice to hear of someone being proud of me, I love it, thank you!

Had another good day today. Did the Gilad Step n Tone this morning. Kept to my healthy calories again today, yay!

regarding the new med - is one week too early to tell? But I feel in such good spirits - whether it's due to old med phasing out, new med phasing in, eating better and exercising more, renewed hope If I find out that I could have felt this good for the previous two years instead of semi-blah all the time....

well I want to go to bed before my older son comes home from the grocery store with dessert that the rest of the fam clamored for

have a great night chicks!!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:59 PM   #119  

Hey everyone,
I am so glad to see everyone back and doing so well.

Holly, I felt the difference with the welbutrin pretty quick too. That is a good thing and I have had a much more normal life for the last year.

Reb, so happy for the weight you have lost this month. Keep it up.

Chick, glad you are enjoying the jogging and hope that elbow will heal faster then what is said.

Me, I'm doing pretty good here. I have dropped 10 of the 13 that I had put back on over the holidays. Now it is time to really start fighting to get the rest of it off. I now have a workout partner with one of the girls I work with. We are hitting the gym together 3 days a week. Well, we are trying to. The locker room has been closed part of this week for remodeling but should be reopened tomorrow.

In the meantime we have had temps below freezing the past few days and tomorrow they are calling for freezing rain and sleet. I am so ready for winter to be over. But at the same time I would like to get the majority of this last 30 lbs off before summer rolls around.

One question for everyone here. Has anyone dealt with perimenopause yet?
Old 01-25-2008, 04:11 AM   #120  
Biker Chick!

(doing quick google on perimenopause) Hmm, I don't think I have those symptoms yet. I'm 47 and still have regular periods, except I missed one two years ago that sent me in a panic but that's all it was. I asked my mom last year about menopause in our lady family members, and she gave me a vague answer like 'oh god, it's ****' but not much more.

Good early morning! I couldn't sleep well. Kayla, I used to be soooo sleepy all the time on Lexapro. Now...I can't drop off like I used to. Oh well.

I told you that dessert came into the house last night, and I went to bed before I could be tempted? The remains of it are all scattered about ....ice cream scoops in the sink...chocolate syrup on the counter....apple crumb pie staring at me! I cleaned up the kitchen, then made some coffee and had an orange, and half a Balance bar. I am proud of myself

Kayla, WTG on losing that holiday weight!! that is great!! How many calories do you approximately have a day? I want your success too

I don't know if I can go back to bed. But I have off today, so I can nap if needed.

talk to y'all later!

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-25-2008 at 04:12 AM.
Closed Thread