Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon everyone. Oh you know PWL is Pure Weight Loss (formerly LA Weightloss gone Pure Weightloss) then closed the doors altogether. It is a good plan but I really do need the accountability still.
You know since I had such good performance and wear with the original tires I just stayed with the same brand that came on the bike, dunlop.

I just started tanning alittle as well and I always get burnt in between the boobs and usually top of the butt crack first then after the second tan it is usually good, just do this as a starter to get a base then it is all naturalll

You know what is up with guys but at least he did man up and apologize to you most guys wouldn't even do that. So are you still at the bakery? I thought you were starting your summer job soon

Well didn't make it to weight watchers last night called the motoplex and they told me to bring my bike up last night and they would try to get it in to get the tires changed in the next day or two, had to leave it because it is about 60 miles away and they weren 't exactly sure when they could get to it unless I brought it up on Saturday well saturday it is only suppose to be 45 degrees so elected to take it last night. It was a nice ride though
Talk to you later have a good night-
Where is everyone else at? Oh yeah have been able to wear your new boots, how are they doing for you?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #257  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hi Chickies!

Looks like ya'll are getting out there riding and tanning. woooohoooooo!

One week to go Holly and you can tell them all to kiss your (burnt) A$$. LOL

This weekend is our local BikeFest and it's getting to be one of the better ones we've been to. How cool is it that it's in our own back yard! People are starting to ride in from all over for this event.....check it out! Maybe you guys can plan for next year!

http://leesburgbikefest.com/Bikefest/index.htm

HH and I are both off on Friday and our friends from the South are riding up that morning, so Friday will be our Big Day. HH has to work on Saturday and I have to do 13hrs on Sunday, but I'll still get to go party on Saturday with the rest of the group. I can ride with one of our friends. Yippee!

Work is great....it's physically hard and the 12-13 hour shifts are definitely something I'll have to get used to, but each one gets easier than the last. The time goes fast and the days off are so worth it! Most of my co-workers seem nice and I've already figured out who the few slackers (and witches w/ a b) are.

Have to get back OP.....am doing better and will get down to serious business when this weekend is over
Old 04-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #258  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi reda - Yup I have one more week at the deli/bakery; then a week off; then Myrtle Beach; then my beloved summer job

The boots are good! They ARE heavy. I don't see myself being able to walk around for three/four hours in them, if we rode to an event. I'd have to pack something lighter for walking around. My dingoes weren't quite so heavy. However, the heel of the new ones must be slightly higher, because I have more bent-leg when straddling the bike than before.

And the co-worker apologized again this morning! He must have realized what a dink he was being.

[QUOTE=flsunbakd;2165352] One week to go Holly and you can tell them all to kiss your (burnt) A$$. LOL
/QUOTE]

Oh man that is good!!!!!

Jill, so glad that you're rockin that new job! Those ARE long shifts but I'm glad they're getting easier. Oh, and it's always good to identity the slackers/witches!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #259  
Biker Chick!

Default Kids Sho' Do Love Bikes!

I stopped at a gas station to get a water on the way to work yesterday. There was a mom who just pulled in, said "nice day for a ride" to me, and went into the store. Her two kids were car-seated in the back seat; a boy about 8, and a girl maybe 6.

Little girl - "Hi!"

Boy - "Hi!"

Me - hey there! Hi.

Boy - "I like your motorcycle!"

me - thank you!

Little girl - "What's your name?"

me - Holly

Little girl - "What?"

Boy - "I want to get a dirt bike."

me - That would be pretty cool, wouldn't it!

Little girl - "Where are you going?"

me - I'm going to my job now.

Little girl (pointing at bike) "ON THAT?!"

me - Yup! It's alot more fun than my car.

Boy - "You got a CAR too?!?"

me - (Laughing hard now) Yes, I do.

Boy - You're real lucky to have a motorcycle AND a car.

me - Yes, well, when you're a grown-up, you work jobs, and then you can buy fun things. Well, I have to go to work now. Bye guys!

Kids - (waving frantically) BYE!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #260  

That is so cute, kids.....They wil probably never have a motorcycle because the parents don't unless they get a really good friend that grows up around them, if they are lucky!

Well I have been getting up early the past couple of days so I think I am going to log off and take a nap before I have to start cooking supper. Have a great evening I will try to log on later....
Old 04-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #261  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! I have off today but have lots to do. Oil change at 10:00, have to get to motor vehicles to take care of that plate, yard work, laundry, etc...Have to get everything done today, 'cause tomorrow we've organized a group ride to Littleton NH and then to ride the Kancamagus (sp.?) Highway.

Hope everyone's doing good!
Old 04-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #262  

Good Morning!! Hope your ride goes good today. We had another blast of winter come through Friday but it is suppose to start warming up again next week. Dealership called yesterday and said that my bike is done with two brand new tires so I need to go pick it up today but won't be riding it because of the snow we got.
Well at least someone gets to have a good ride today
Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #263  
Biker Chick!

reda, you have the best attitude ever, that you didn't even do one about getting snow this late! I sure hope it's gone by now and you can break in those new shoes your bike has

We had a great ride Saturday, did over 300 miles!!! and got THIS close to a moose!! He was to my right, thrashing in the deep snow to get away from us noisy motorcycles, he was not more than 10 feet from my right. They are BIG.

here's a pic, that's the Mount Washington Hotel (looks just like The Overlook in The Shining, doesn't it!) and the clear cut to the right up the mountain in the Cog Railway. We had just come through Crawford Notch to get to this spot.

I strayed from my strict, good eating a little, but am back on track.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #264  

Well Holly I think I will give you one of these now ok how about 2 because the stuff is in the forecast again this weekend!!!! But first tomorrow we are suppose to get up to 62 degrees so I will probably get it out and ride

You know never been close to a moose on the bike but have seen one from the vehicle and they looked big then I can't imagine how big they look from the up close view on a bike. At least you had a great time riding and got some riding in

The picture didn't come through try to send it again, I would like to see it as I do know the show the Shining. So is this your last week at work?

Oh yeah how did you like your new boots this weekend?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #265  
Biker Chick!

Okay, the pic should show now.

The boots are good! As with all of my other shoes/boots, I always add a Dr. Scholl-type light cushiony thing. Extra cushioning and warmth. And I replace them about once a month. I did try wearing the boots all day at work (on my feet for 7 hours). They were heavy feeling, but my feet felt good. Figure that's a good sign!

And they performed well during riding. I like that they are a teeny bit bigger in the heel, because that makes my straddling stance even easier, and backing up easier.

Oh man, big sad/mad face to more snow in your forecast!!! Hang in there!!

YES!! - this is the last HALF-Week at that place!! Tomorrow and Wednesday then that's it. I do need to tell ya's that I did agree to four hours a week - for the summer - Wednesday afternoons from 2 to closing; but that's $50 in my pocket and I can deal with that.

Had to drive the cage today, it was raining and chilly...but I was able to grocery shop and took advantage of it.

Had a great day of correct eating!! I wanted SO badly to have a cookie or two this afternoon, they were just taunting me, but I used all my self control and tackled some boring jobs instead, and before I knew it, I had only half an hour left until closing and if I make it to that point, I'm home clear! OH, and my nicer wife boss said that I looked 'thin'!! She hasn't seen me for 10 days, I'm glad it is noticeable to someone!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-28-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #266  

Sounds like they will be good boots if you can wear them for 7 hours at work. I need to find myself some still but quit looking but I need to start looking again real soon. New tires and battery ate my extra play money this month so now I will have to wait till May which is only a few days away.

The picture did come up this time and you are so right about the Overlook but boy it does look like a beatiful place. It also looks like everyone is having a great time

I would love to have a part part time job like that and the extra $50 would even be better, but my job doesn't really allow me to have time for a part time job not even a part part time job, but I guess that is not so bad either gives me the extra time for riding.

Awesome job on the will power for not giving in to the cookie
I will start WW tomorrow well technically Wednesday tomorrow evening will be the first meeting and intial weigh in but I have to go back to having the accountability of weighing in weekly.

Well have a great day at work on Tuesday!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #267  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! well it's totally raining and chilly here but it's a good morning anyway I got on the scale with foreboding because over the weekend I had a couple 'regular' meals and a beer; and a dessert Sunday night; but I am down a pound or so - finally into the 150's!!!! 159 is technically the 150's, right?

Reda, hope you can shop for boots soon; 'tis true that shoes for your bike are alot more expensive and adding a battery will deplete your mad money, but you're right May is right around the corner

Have a great day chicks!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #268  

Well Congrats Holly you are in teh 150's wish I was there but I will be soon enough. have to have that positive thinking going on....
Well my first meeting at weight watchers was good, I do think it is going to be doable, as I am doing the flex plan for right now.

We are suppose to get in the 60's again today so going riding alittle tonight but then the rain and 30's come back tomorrow hopefully not 30's because that will mean sleet and possible snow again.

Well have a great day!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #269  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hey Guys!

Way to Go HOLLY! In the 150's! You're gonna be one sexy biker chick at Myrtle Beach!

Sounds like ya'll are doing good.....Reda, I know you'll do well at WW.....when my mind is wrapped around it, I can really lose doing WW. ESPECIALLY when I'm food journaling. When I do that, I don't let anything pass my lips without writing it down. That in itself is a show-stopper when it comes to unintentional "cheating". Those little nibbles here and there really add up!

Off work today through next Tuesday. YAY! Those 12 hour shifts are brutal, but so worth it with the time off afterwards. HH is supposed to be off this weekend too....and if that holds true, we'll be out there riding. I'll keep ya posted!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:53 AM   #270  

Thanks Jill, the last couple of days have been going very well and I am food journaling everything as well. I really don't like the Tuesday night weigh ins but it will have to do.
I would love to have 12 hour days with more days off but being salary I can work those will still only getting 2 days off but I guess that is part of being salaried instead of hourly.

Well enjoy your days off and get some riding in, I am pretty sure I won't as we forcasting rain again but at least that is better than SNOW
Have a good Day today
Closed Thread