Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #166  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi reda, I got them from leatherup.com. I haven't ordered from there before, so I hope everything's cool
Old 03-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the site I will have to go out and look. Looked at your videos looked like you had a great time. I keep trying to talk everyone into taking a 10 day trip somewhere but having issues getting everyone to set a date. Of course for some it is a vacation time issue and money since we take a carribean vacation in January and always go to Sturgis in August, that is those are the best times. Have you ever been to Sturgis Rally?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #168  

VermontMom looked up the site they are very reasonable thanks again.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #169  
Biker Chick!

Reda - we haven't been to Sturgis but oh, we sure want to!! Problem is, with husband's current job, he has only 2 weeks vacation a year, and he is not allowed to take unpaid vacation.

We have a couple other functions we just don't want to give up (Harley Rendezvous, EasyRiders Rodeo at Chillocothe Ohio, Myrtle Beach in spring) ...and my busiest time at work is August Sooooo....we just have to win a lottery or something

I have to be a bonehead and ask if you could reacquaint me with your bike(s)?
Old 03-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #170  
Biker Chick!

Good evening chicks

Got up, worked out, ate breakfast, went to work, ate lunch, came home, had supper, and am here
Old 03-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #171  
Biker Chick!

Good morning chicks -

got up 2 hours earlier because I realize I need to!! so I was able to surf my forums on the 'net, have my coffee, exercise, cook enough breakfast food to divide for breakfast and lunch; and will actually have time to go to bank and another errand before work.

For my breakfast/lunch food, it's kinda a frittata. I saute broccoli, fresh spinach, red pepper in a teaspoon of olive oil (and a spray of Pam) until they get a nice char. Well the spinach is too wet to char. Then dried minced onion and seasoned salt; then the eggbeaters. LIke I said, I make a double batch and save the other half to take for lunch.

for afternoon snack I bring 1 or 2 cups of unflavored, plain, nonfat yogurt (oh yum ) and sweeten it with a splenda. Keep in mind that pre-diet, I would have whatever tempted me, and that was ANYTHING!!! And I can have about 12 or so whole almonds; toasted, they're sooo good.

dinner is a chicken breast (gets a little tiresome) and green salad. I'm also 'allowed' to have a little cup of ricotta dessert, which is 1 cup lowfat ricotta blended with a splenda packet. I then sprinkle straight cinnamon on top, it's gooood.

Yesterday I had to waste a precious half hour of my morning time to call a credit card company; there were 6 unauthorized charges from some .com outfit in Cananda! and it was a new, unactivated account!!! so I mouthed off and said I thought it was an 'inside job' from Chase. They were so offended by that and said that it had to be from a random number generator. anyhoo, we're not responsible and it will be investigated. and a new account created. Always check your monthly statements!!!

My new boots will hopefully ship soon. I didn't ask for any speedy delivery. Because it's 0 degrees this morning there's no rush.

Hope some of ya's come back here soon

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-18-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #172  

Vermontmom- Sturgis is a blast and totally understand the vacation thing as my husband only gets 11 days a year and we haven't miss sturgis in the last 20 years and we have said a couple of times we aren't going this year but then by June we are going just can't miss it. We would love to make it to Daytona some year but will have to give something up to do that and that time of year would mean we would have to haul the bikes living in SD we get snow yet that time of year. We don't want to give up our relaxing Cancun trip that we take in January each year because that is usually a well needed vacation.
I am so with you on winning the lottery maybe someday...., we can be optimistic about it can't we.
As for bikes I currently have Vstar 1100 Custom bike but I have been looking for a new bike I am just having a hard time parting with this one since I had it customized to fit me to a t----. The seat was fitted for my behind the foot pegs where fitted for my leg length and the handlebars were also custom for my arm length as well. I did also lower the bike didn't really need to but it was a better fit. Anyways husband keeps wanting me to get a Harley because that is what he rides and I have been looking I just can't seem to find the right one maybe someday.

You will have to let us know when you get your boots and if they are pretty true to size I am usually a 7 1/2-8 but yet in some boots a 7 1/2 is to big.

Sounds like your meal plan for the day is right on track.

I had 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites this morning for breakfast.
Snack will probably be a cheese stick
Lunch is wheat tortilla with ham and lettuce and light ranch dressing also will be having grapes
Snack will be an apple today
Supper well it will be something with Chicken probably chicken salad.
Go to play poker tonight so I will probably have a couple of beers but I do drink Mich Ultra if that is any consolation

Well have a great day and I will try to log on later this afternoon.

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 03-18-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #173  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Holly - is there a reason you are sticking to chicken breast? It would get old hecka fast. Dunno much about South Beach. I eat a lot of NF plain yogurt - I put sugar free jam in it. The boots are cute!

reda - I need to check out Cancun someday - I married a Mexican so we go down evey year. I shoulda thought it out beforehand tho - he's not from anywhere near the beach. I guess it's not quite worth trading him in for.

We are actually headed down to Guanajuato on Saturday - for a week.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #174  

Gina if the beach is fairly close I would at least drive there for a day. It is very relaxing at the resort we stay at because it is all-inclusive (wouldn't do it any other way but all-inclusive) and you can literally lay on the beach and they serve you whatever you want from food to drinks. Being in Mexico it is international so we check in at home every morning and evening for a breif 2-3 minute call but other than that no cell phones or any phones for that matter. I hear yeah about the chicken but I probably eat chicken 6 out of the 7 days a week but I am not much of a beef eater and I don't eat any type of seafood.
Looking at your before and current pics it seems that you have fun when you go to Mexico as well. Any you really are looking good what an accomplishment....
Old 03-19-2008, 06:55 AM   #175  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! though we got fresh snow and the wind is blowing and I'm sic of this!!!!

HI Gina! How's your arm? The chicken breast is because, when I come home, that's about all that the dh cooks for himself well the other night we each have a lean ground beef patty. And I could always have a nice swordfish steak or open a can of tuna (more likely)
Old 03-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #176  

Oh no more snow, Monday we got more along with sleet, but today it is in the 50's so it was really nice but my circle drive is gravel and it is a mud hole right now can't even get bike out of garage to street because it is to soft right now- darn it- I would have probably gotten it out for a bit today. Hope everyones day is going great!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:55 AM   #177  
Biker Chick!

good morning chicks! reda, how frustrating! we get the same situation here, an unpaved driveway, but it's only about 50 to 75 feet to the road. But there is still SOOOO much snow and ice (and packed ice on the driveway) that I despair of any melting. But it better be melted in 49 days! cause that's when we leave for Myrtle Beach

Your bike sounds fantastic!! and that it fits you to a tee if you're happy with it, I'd say stick with it. But that's just coming from an avid metric rider

Still haven't had one speck of flour, starch, sugar in almost 10 days. Can you believe that it's getting JUST a little easier. Think of me stuck behind the pastry counter at work from 3 until 6, with the platters of cookies and the oh-so-deadly-sweet-poisonous Easter cupcakes

I posted at the South Beach forum here, under their March exercise challenge. I have no particular goals except to do something every day.

MOre snow on the way here, possible 6-12". Or did I say that already, sheesh.

have a good one!

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-20-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:46 AM   #178  

YUCK more snow! I hope we are done now for the season but in South Dakota we have gotten snow on Mother's Day before so you never know. Anyways you work in a bakery that would be just way to hard being around all those sweet and yummy cupcakes and cookies.....
I suppose I should head off to work for the day as well will check back in later HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #179  
Biker Chick!

Oh, getting snow in May is just so discouraging isn't it! but usually by that time it melts pretty quickly.

HOWever, it was SO FREAKIN COLD AND WINDY today!! we got probably 8 - 10" from the storm. But it never got out of the teens and the wind gusting...ahhhhhhh!!!!

But I've had another GOLD STAR day with exercising hard, and sticking one hundred freakin percent to my lean, clean eatin'

and I visited the tanning salon. For 5 minutes I believe in doing it gradually. But the warmth felt SOOOOO good.

I have another fact to show that my new depression med is working well. I had the initiative to clean a certain corner that was an absolute wreck for over a year. I don't know whether to be more ashamed of THAT, or more proud of myself

Well, have a nice night everyone!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #180  

Well we have still had above freezing weather that last few days which has been great. As for the cleaning yeah I keeping looking at the laundry thinking I should be getting it done but then I think well there is tomorrow, that is Shame on ME!!! Well I was just going to ask if you have received your boots but looked back at the date and decided it is still probably to early for you to have received them yet....
Well hope everyones day is going great, Saturday is our bowling day well actually we bowled mixed team and our boys bowl with me and my husband so we get the family time in once a week now that they are out and living their lives.
Well have a great EASTER!!!!
Closed Thread