Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:35 AM   #271  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning! Hi Jill! so good to hear from you. 12 hour shifts - oh my! But glad it's going good for you

Hi Reda! I sure hope the rain stops soon for you. And ugh, we had some of that four-letter word beginning with S a couple days ago!! It didn't stick but it sure isn't good for morale

TODAY I go into my beloved summer work place! They don't officially open until Wednesday the 14th, but that is the day we get back from Myrtle Beach, so I need to get in there and do prep work. Today I expect just to get all my stuff settled in (I have three bix boxes of cookbooks, my recipe binder, pastry cutter, cookie scoops, etc) meet the new day chef (hope he's OK to work with) and do some prep, like a big batch of pie pastry, roll it out and fit into pans and freeze them; big batch of granola, big batches of muffin batter and label and freeze them...fun stuff! I guess this is me from now until fall

and I am gonna make a good start by bringing in my lunch as I have since Feb., my veggie/egg beater scramble. and I've done my 30 minutes on elliptical and a Debbie Austin tape already

have a great day!! I hope to hear from our other chicks soon!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Yeah starting your summer job!!! It sounds like you really enjoy it and that is great that is how it is suppose to be.

Man this is some CRAZYweather that everyone is having.... Hopefully the rain will quit MOnday just in time for the work week

Boy it would be hard for me to be cooking all that great stuff and not eat any of it but then again I am around pizza, subs, cookies, donuts everyday and just have to utilize my willpower as I have been the last 3 days.

Well have a great first day at work
Old 05-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #273  

Good Morning all!!!! The sunis finally out but it is like 36 degrees. Not much going on for me today I guess I will probably do some laundry and picking up around the house I really hate cleaning and wasting my time to do it, I have better things to do like be on here. Have a good day!
Old 05-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #274  
Biker Chick!

good evening chicks

reda, I hope it has warmed up for you! we had a rainy, cool, dark weekend...then today was NICE, sun and maybe 60 to 65. Another nice day for tomorrow, then...Wednesday..the day we leave for Myrtle Beach? - big chance of showers I HATE leaving in the rain! I DON'T LIKE riding long distances in the rain! whine whine whine

All we can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Today at the 'good job' I made pumpkin pie filling for about 16 pies; 80 servings of chocolate mint brownies (drool) and 80 servings of chocolate walnut bodies. I didn't get to everything I needed to, though, so I'll be back tomorrow for a few more hours. OH! my big boss (the manager of the club) told me I was getting a raise Isn't that nice, when just working there is payment enough for me
Old 05-06-2008, 06:39 AM   #275  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! Sunshine here. I have to give husband a ride to work in the car; his bike is at the shop getting a new tire.

I have lots of errands to do today. and I'll write them here so I don't forget Need to buy a small bottle of saline for trip, need to buy handwarmerss, need to food shop for sons' food supply for when we're away, need to go to jewelers to drop off watch for band repair, need to go to work to bang out the remaining things on my list; need to pack

the weather for our trip is improving so far!! I thought it was going to be a given, that we would be leaving tomorrow late afternoon in the rain; BUT that has been pushed to predict rain much later that night. We might wake up to rain in the Albany area, oh well.

time for another half cuppa coffee then get going!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #276  
Biker Chick!

Well chicks, this is it!! Husband and I leave this afternoon for MYRTLE BEACH BIKE WEEK

I washed my bike this morning, and just finished packing her up. Rain gear, extra gloves, and heat packet hand/toe warmers in right saddlebag. Handbag, bandannas, and exra sunglasses in left saddlebag. Then my duffel bag over them, net bungeed. I'm going to take a quick ride into town, to see if it holds Usually my husband has to make final adjustments, but I think I've got it pretty good.

We bought all kinds of easy-to-prepare food for the boys here, and I made them brownies and a peach-pie-cake thing they like. And of course left them some $ for milk and pizza

I was so bummed a couple days ago, because the forecast was for us to leave in the rain...but that has absolutely changed and it's a beautiful day, not quite 70 and lots of sun. There IS rain predicted for the area we will be in tomorrow but we will just deal. As a riding friend said, a day spent riding in the rain on your journey is Much better than a day at work

Our stupid elliptical broke or something and of course husband didn't have time this morning to check it out. It'll have to wait. I was glad to have that thing to help me!! hope it can be repaired.

We get back next Wednesday evening...and then I'm right back to work big time!! Thursday prepare a lunch dessert for about 40; then bake pumpkin and mince pies for 100 (I already have the pie shells rolled out; and the fillings made, hooray for prep) and then agreed to work in the dining room that night! Then more desserts the next day and again in the dining room at night...then Saturday, desserts and then I'm dishdog (dishperson) I'm making money to make up for the trip $$$

well...gotta make that run into town to see if my load doesn't fly off

BYE BYE!!! See you in a week!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #277  

Well I have missed logging on the computer that last few days, but see you all ready for your trip, I am so jealous I want to go on a trip even if for a few days but don't see that happening until sometime in June. Hope you have a GREAT TIME!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:25 AM   #278  
Biker Chick!

HI FROM THE ROAD!!

husband brought the laptop! nice surprise. We got as far as Kington NY last night. No rain, even though we saw rain coming on radar. Yay! A little over 200 miles.

We checked into hotel, then found a 24 hour diner (it was 10:30 pm) and I was SO good. Had a salad plate of chicken salad, some cole slaw, NO potato salad, did NOT eat the Saltines and IGNORED the pie case

Today's destination is North Carolina. Hopefully it will be dry all the way.

bye!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #279  

Wow didn't expect to hear from you until after your trip.... Hope all is going GREAT!!!! Not to much going on around here, I have been very busy my oldest son starting racing Friday night about 80 miles away and then got rained out on Saturday so he decided to race at a different track on Sunday, he is doing very well for being 18 years old.
Wishing for nothing but sunny skis for you
Old 05-17-2008, 06:10 AM   #280  
Biker Chick!

Hi chicks!! we got back right on time on Wednesday. We came close to getting some rain on Monday, near North Carolina, and had to stop for the day relatively early (the temp dropped from 70's and sun to 51, no sun and then light rain).

We were delayed a bit on the way down due to the twisters in the area, this would have been last Thursday morning. I guess twisters are relatively common to the southerners, but it kinda freaked us out! We just stayed in the hotel lobby that morning with everyone else watching the TV. It's amazing with modern technology the way the weather can be tracked. You just wait until it passes your area, then head out.

We had FUN. Our three days there were filled mostly with sun and warmth. Sunday morning (Mother's Day) there was rain but it stopped after only a couple hours and was warm and sunny again.

We went to our favorite bars, The Rat Hole is one of them, and I participated in two contests. I think I would need to private message you if you want to know about them Nothing like losing a little weight to get your confidence back!!!

From the pics I see I do need to lose more overall, I still don't have the trim waist at all, but I know I've improved alot and it gives me more incentive. I also came back one pound less!!!

From left to right; my husband, me, a friend from NH we corresponded with and then met there; and a friend from Kentucky whom we also 'met' online and then in person.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #281  

Well Hello Vermontmom

It sounds like you had a great time on your trip it makes me anxious for a trip now. I think we may try to go to a weekend bike rally over the 4th of July. I can imagine the contests you were in and boy it is a boost when you lose the weight. Well my weight has been coming off slowly and hopefully by our trip in July I will be ready.....
You do look good and you should be proud!!! It is always nice to meet up with those that you meet online. Well have a great evening.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #282  
Biker Chick!

Good morning!!

Hi reda, where do you think you'll go for the 4th of July?

I NEED to get back to exercising regularly. Today marks TWO weeks since I've done anything Our vacation week was a legitimate excuse, then I guess working doubles when I got back, but now there's not excuse.

However our cheap-o elliptical is temporarily busted I wonder, if my husband who bought it for himself to use five months ago, and hasn't used it in 5 months, will fix it for me, who does use it? sorry for the snippiness on my part, but it's the truth.

I was brave and rode to work yesterday even though it was 40 DEGREES and thick fog, and predicted 60% chance of rain. I had to stop in the next town to warm my fingers but then it was okay. And only got hit by 5 minutes of rain on the way home. That's winning

I have off today and the house isn't too much of a wreck since my previous day off (Monday) so yippee to that. Just the regular vacuuming and laundry. I'm meeting our son after school to pick up his tux for Friday night. Do you know that a tux rental is like $130?? Wow. Okay, it HAS been 29 since since I knew what prom prices are like

Have a great day! Sure hope to hear from our other chicks here
Old 05-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #283  

In algona IA there is a bike rally (Freedom Rally) it is a rally put on by the IA Abate group. It is a blast and haven't been the last 2 years but I do believe we can make it this year since the 4th is on a Friday.

We did have 2 nice days that I could walk outside but now the next 4 days is suppose to be rainy so I am going to have to be back on the Treadmil

I really need to clean my house but I always think of other things to do of course and now with racing started that takes up the whole entire weekend

Yeah my son graduated last year and when we went to check out tux's I was quite surprised as well they are getting expensive and they are just renting them....

Well WW has been going well for me, at least I am back on track to losing so it is all going in the right direction now.

Well I suppose it is time to get supper started talk to you later
Old 06-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #284  
Biker Chick!

Good morning chicks!

Well, something is screwy here. It says we last posted May 22??? I'm pretty sure I posted last week. Whatever.

It is warm and humid here! Lke we jumped from winter to August all at once. I'll try not to complain too much. I just finished an exercise tape, and I guess I could have shut the house up and turned on the a/c, but I did it without, but was drippy.

today I will try AGAIN to go to MV to register our pull-behind trailer. The woman last week found all kinds of things wrong with the paper work I had. This time I will call first and confirm that what I bring is correct. It's a 50 mile round trip so who wants to waste that time. (at least not wasting gas, on the bike )

take care, time-warping chicks
Old 06-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #285  
Biker Chick!

Oh! Just read about the major server crash here -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcement.php?f=202
Closed Thread