Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone!!! I had a great weekend with a few extra days off and it was awesome. We had a blast, I did not however stay OP at all this weekend, I sure didn't drink enough water as I had other things to drink this weekend.
Holly that is great news that the scale came back down so quickly, and I agree I would love to throw my away but as you put that would not be manageable.... Wow that is alot of ice but it will melt very soon hopefully no real huge damage has been done to the bikes or the garage.
BP that sounds like a super plan with hubby plus getting a ride in as well that is right up there with the date with hubby LOL
Jill welcome back and look forward to visiting with you in the future OH and by the way GOOD LUCK Thursday you will do just fine, just don't sike yourself up to bad before hand.
Andrea great job with the exercising and staying motivated, I know you can do it by staying OP today.
Gina you are back from Mexico hope you had a good time and visits with family....
Everyone have a great day today and talk to you later!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #227  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Reda- Welcome back! Glad to hear that you had a great weekend!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #228  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Gotta start with to Jill on her test tomorrow. Go get em!!
Top of your class -

Andrea - so good to see you back and riding too!!

Reda - isn't it wacky how much of a difference drinking lots of water can make?

Holly - check you out POPping along. I have no concept of a bike being frozen to the floor...what a draggggg...got a flamethower? Hmm...maybe not, huh?

BP - Date nite does sound like fun - I need to harrass DH to get his bike back together.

As for me - I went for my second therapy session yesterday, the arm is finally starting to feel better. I'm going to be very gentle with it for a while yet, but I'm psyched that there is improvement. That reminds me - my bike needs some work, too.

Last edited by chick_in_the_hat; 04-09-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:24 AM   #229  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

First - GOOD LUCK JILL!!! We're pulling for you today!! You wil rock that exam!

Second - Hubster got his bike and our 750 Kaw freed yesterday - now for mine!! HOpefully today or tomorrow. And he went for a 3 mile ride on his

Third - I heard BIRDS singing outside today!! such a pretty sound.

Okay, I'm pretty psyched If I weighed even less today that would be another but same as two days ago. I need to stay off that scale for a week at a time, I have to work on that!

have a great day everyone! I'll keep you up on my bike progress.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #230  
Biker Chick!

My bike is free! and on the driveway!! and she started after only five tries!! And I washed her and am gonna ride her to work!!!!!!!!!

woot!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #231  

So Jill how do you think the testing went today? I am sure that you did an AOK job with no worries.

The bike is out and free and obvisously calling your name that you already get to ride it. The weather must be getting nice for you. We had a some nice days but now today it has been raining all day and now here comes the sleet and snow again tonight and now we are getting a forecast of 9-12 inches. But on the brighter side it is suppose to be 65 degrees on Sunday so hopefully this is the last of the snow....

Have a good night everyone
Old 04-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #232  
Biker Chick!

Jill, let us know how you're feeling about today!

reda - Oh my gosh, I don't know how I'd handle the news of 9 - 12" of snow! But if it warms up to 65 on Sunday I would think that snow would be toast by then

I enjoyed my ride to work SOOO much. Everyone could tell from my manner that it was just what I needed.

I forgot how loud my bike is I think it is needed to alert cagers that I'm there, 'cause alot of them don't look!

Stayed on plan again today, it is So hard at work, with the piles of ....everything sweet and starchy. But I have resisted totally. I was wondering...if someone absolutely didn't have any stuff like that for a year, would they not crave it anymore? Maybe not...I'm thinking how an alcoholic in recovery still craves alcohol, even if they haven't had a drop in years. Yikes

I think someone wise might tell me that I need to think of it in a positive manner....that I am giving that stuff up to better my body, instead of thinking that I'm being deprived. Right?

I took an hour to wash my bike and shine her up, though I should have known that she was going to get a little dirty. But it was so nice to be outside washing her, hearing those birds singing, some warm sun...ahhh.

Everyone have a great evening, and we all hope Jill feels she aced it!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #233  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Jill- I'm sure you did fantastic today on your exam!! We'll all be excited to hear the results!!!!!

Holly- Yay, that you got to get out and ride! I've often wondered the same thing that you mentioned about cravings after not having a certain food for awhile. I think that when I don't eat the things that I want somehow I think of it as punishment and I need to quit that thinking and start seeing how much I am GETTING out of not eating so much of the junk.

Reda- I'll keep my fingers that you are going to be done with the snow!

Gina- It's good that you're seeing improvement with your arm. It's so frustrating to be out of commission, so I'm glad you're back on the mend!!

Have a great Friday, chicks!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #234  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! so glad I have off today. though the weather has turned much colder, and cloudy. No riding today. But at least I know she's there, ready for me.

Gina, oops and sorry I didn't comment on your arm I am so glad that there is some improvement, and hopefully you can get on your ride soon!

Rebel - I am <duh> but what is TTC? and you're right...I need to switch the thought process to a postive manner. That I am going to get good results from not eating that stuff.

Hello to everyone else
Old 04-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #235  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

TTC = trying to conceive....or toon town central according to google. Kinda the same thing if ya think about it.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #236  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat View Post
TTC = trying to conceive.
Oh! I see. I've obviously been out of the conceiving loop/lingo for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat View Post
...or toon town central according to google. Kinda the same thing if ya think about it.

yer a funny girl
Old 04-12-2008, 12:44 PM   #237  

Yeah the snow missed up buy only by about 30 miles, we have been getting rain that last 2 days but that is okay because it is suppose to dry up in the next couple of days. Well hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #238  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Default I Passed!! I Did It!!!!

Hi Chicks!!

Yes.....I PASSED....so I get to start my new job at the hospital on Monday. YAY ME!

THANK YOU SO SOOOOOOOO MUCH for all your positive vibes I just KNOW it had an impact on my clinical performance. It was really, REALLY hard to role-play for the nurse examiner. The written test was a cinch tho. I'm soooo glad it's over and am in PARTEEEEE mode this weekend.

HH has the weekend off and we rode about 160 miles today....it was our monthly HOG meeting too and we had a shrimp boil afterwards. Lots of fun and riding!

So glad to read that everyone is doing well and starting to see signs of spring and getting out there to ride. YAY YOU!

More later! Have a great weekend ya'll!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #239  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

OMG...

CONCEPTION???? My (dinosaur) eggs exited years ago!

Good luck to you tho Reb!!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #240  
Biker Chick!

CONGRATULATIONS JILL!!! Woohoo!!! We knew you could, but what a relief for you to have that part over, huh YAY to you!!

glad you got to celebrate and party with a nice long ride, HOG meeting and shrimp boil..Yummy!! I bet a couple ice-cold Coronas would taste soooo good with shrimp

We knew the forecast for today - "cloudy, chance of rain and or snow showers" was incorrect, as the sky got clear and blue and it warmed up...so we geared up and rode about 60 miles before it started to get actually get cloudy and cool off. Husband got his bike inspected quickly, without an appointment, and I bought a new bellybutton jewel from the mechanic's wife, who has a boutique next to the shop. Fun

I can't believe this but I've caught another cold I can totally blame it on husband, who brought one home from the office I JUST got over my sinus infection March 1st!! I sure hope this is just a little silly cold that's over with in a week, but I felt so lousy yesterday, I didn't exercise at all. But I was able to do a gentle 30 minutes on elliptical today.

well that's it for tonight. Oh, we watched the DVD "I Am Legend". We're always like a year behind everyone else for current stuff

sleep tight! I love going to bed Saturday night, 'cause it's fresh clean sheet night
Closed Thread