Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #211  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

and it kills me but I moved my ticker back up to 170. It WAS at 165, 166. Big sad face.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #212  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Holly baby Back on track, sweetie!! Just say no to cookies. I know you can!!

Reda - have fun on your weekend break!! Kick up those heels!

BP - Hey fellow Sacratomato biker gal! I'm over by the Med Center...East Sac...it sounds like you have a lot to work thru, I think your plan sounds pretty logical. Sending your way.

I was off last week in Mexico hanging out with the InLaws - it was a nice break. I started physical therapy for the tennis elbow...I even have home work! The weather here has been nice for a while...somebody who is sick of snow wanna come over and take my scoot out for a spin? Poor Vespa. No way I can ride with this elbow...that's the clutch and gears arm. (Clutch is a lever like a normal bike, gears are a twisting motion...hurts like a mutha)

Last edited by chick_in_the_hat; 04-04-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #213  
Biker Chick!

Gina - welcome back!!!!!! I missed you, but knew you were in Meh-hee-co.

I WISH i could exercise your Vespa for you! Sooo very sorry your elbow is not healed.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 195/190/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

The first class was hard but good. I'm glad I went and I know God is going to do a great work in me because of it.

Holly- It's only normal to avoid places we feel accountable when we are holding the reigns that are leading us down not so great paths I'll be thinking sunny thoughts to melt the snow.

Reda- sounds like you have a great support system to have them take it upon themselves to get you out of town. I'll be praying you can really leave it behind and restore yourself with some R & R. I work at our church and I am looking forward to this change and the xtra money. I'm fortunate to have a daycare gal that pours a lot of love into my kids, probably more than I can when I am dealing with all this emotional junk.

Gina- that is so cool that you are so close. I am off of Fruitridge near Stockton, about 5 min from Med Center.

Last edited by beautypursuer; 04-05-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #215  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

LOL...I'm closer than you think...I'm off of Stockton at 13th Ave.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #216  
Biker Chick!

Good morning chicks. I spend about an hour working on the ice/snow in front of the garage yesterday...would have been easier but someone left a hand truck right in front of it, and it is solidly frozen to the ground..and it's in the way of me flinging the shovelfuls of snow...so I dug down as far as I could, so hopefully if the sun shines on the metal today, it will help the melting.

We still have big areas of our driveway that have 6" thick packed snow/ice, when the edges get a little soft then I can use our metal shovel and chop at it.

Maybe, MAYBE next week we'll be able to get the bikes out!! because we have about 4 days of sun predicted, with temps in the low to mid 50's! and then some rain on Thursday and Friday, which is also good for melting and for washing the accumulated crud off the roads.

ONe hour on the elliptical Friday, one hour yesterday, and 30 minutes today plus a cardio/weights tape.

gotta get ready for work. I have it figured out precisely - I have only about 9 more days of work when the boss is there....11 more days when the irritating, rude co-worker is there...and 19 more days of the whole place
Old 04-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #217  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Default No, I'm not dead! Still Kickin'!

Hey Chickies! I've truely missed you!

Sounds like all of you are moving right along with eating plans and exercising. YAY You!

Holly....Myrtle Beach is fast approaching and I know you'll be ready for the party :-) and your ticker will be moving in the downward direction soon. Just say NO to cookies! LOL

Gina, welcome back from Mexico....wish I had in-laws there! I love to go to Meh-hee-co. It sounds like you're getting some relief with your elbow...I hope all goes well for you so that you'll be out there on your scoot really soon.

Reda, I totally hear you about the sabotaging backward spiral once we get close to our goal. I do it too, have done it over and over for decades! Let me know when you figure out how to win that battle.

Welcome BP! You will probably think I'm new because it's been so long since I've had a minute to post!

Yes, Chicks, I have finished my Nursing Assistant class and may I boast....AT THE TOP! Yep, 98.5! I also finished part one of my Medical Terminology class with 100 on the final. So it's a proud time for this going-back-to-school-Gramma-starting-a-brand-new-career at age 57!!! I loved every single minute of my class and clinicals at the nursing/rehab center. BUT here's the best news: I got the job I was after at one of local hospitals; working on the Cardiac Medical Unit!!!! I'll be working with pre and post cardiac cath patients and with patients who are there for heart-related evaluations. It's a pretty busy unit with people generally coming and going every three days. I start on April 14....BUT and it's a BIG BUT....I have to pass my State Certification Evaluation this Thursday the 10th. My job is pending a good outcome so I really, REALLY need your help! Please pray that I will have peace, confidence, and skill on Thursday! I need all the help I can get to pass the clinical skills test where they give you 5 skills to do and grade you as you role-play them. (I hate role-playing--it's so much easier to do it in real-life!) It's easy to fail if you're nervous and your brain totally turns off under pressure. I need as many positive thoughts flowing my was as possible...and I know I can depend on my dear Biker-Chickies!

As far as my weight goes....I have no clue! I just know that when I start my new job I'll be running 5 to 6 miles a day through that Cardiac Medical Unit, so I should be able to drop my school-related stress pounds. I"m definitely not going to make my Birthday Goal....it's April 22!

As far as riding goes, we've been running our errands on our bike every chance we get, but have had no time for any longer rides since we rode to Daytona a couple of weeks ago. We're both off next weekend, so I'm hoping for good weather!! It's been bloody hot & humid for April!! Our local BikeFest is coming up, but I don't know if our schedules are going to allow us to attend. I'm sure we'll fit SOME kind of riding in that week tho!

More Thursday when I come home either elated or devastated!!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #218  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone!

It's so good to catch up on everyone's events, good and bad...

Gina- Sorry to hear about your tennis elbow. I am wishing a speedy recovering for you, girl!

Holly- Your workouts are awesome! Keep it up and the ticker will go back down again!

Reda- Enjoy your weekend.

Jill- you have such exciting news! I will be thinking and praying for you to pass the state evaluation, but I'm sure you'll do great! My sister in law is a CNA and she really loves her job in the surgical unit.

Bp- Hope you had a good weekend!

I actually got on my bike yesterday and was shocked that I hadn't forgot how to make it move. LOL. It's been awhile since I've been on it.

Have a great week ladies!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #219  
Biker Chick!

OMG!!! Two of our steady chickies are here - HUGS!

Jill - dear, we will all be sending you peaceful, knowledgeble vibes ((((((good vibes!))))) on the day of your testing. BIG, BIG congrats on your top scores, you smart chick you what a joy for you to find a second career that you are loving. Yay to you!

Rebel - HI!! so good to hear from YOU Yay that you got on your bike!!

I had two good friends come visit at my work...on their bikes. I told them that they suck because I was so happy for them, and so jealous! We have so much ice still packed on our drive...and this is horrible...I peeked in the garage and there was/is a water leak, the whole floor is frozen with an inch of ice and yes the bikes are anchored in it Husband says don't fret, the ice will melt this week and we will assess what's what....again I say

well I didn't have anything I wasn't supposed to today; POP (that means Perfect on Program, right? ) so I just have to repeat that.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #220  
Biker Chick!

THURSDAY THE 10TH - THINK OF JILL AND SEND HER BEST WISHES!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #221  

Default Thank You!!

Thanks SO MUCH for the positive thoughts and vibes, Holly & Reb! You just can't imagine how important your good wishes are for me!

Reb, it's SO good to see you here.....let's you and I make a pact to be better at visiting and posting. K? K.

Love You Guys....
Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 195/190/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Jill- How cool to be still learning, growing and changing when so many others are pulling out of life and stuck in ruts. So many times the test is not as bad as we build it up to be in our minds. I remember being freaked out to the max when I had to go and take my RDA exam- but it turned out OK (although I don't use it anymore)

I've been doing intuitive eating (I've been eating much less at a time and I've been very diligent about assessing if I'm emotional or hungry before I eat) and started my new schedule this week as well as my 2nd grief class. I'd like to go for a walk a few times this week though.

I did have my bike out for a bit on Saturday and I too was happy that I remembered how to make it move. I practiced just a little bit last summer and then had nothing over the winter. But, I hadn't forgot much after all. I'm trying to talk hubby into taking the bikes out on Friday for a date night and going to the parking lot where we had our MSF course before we have dinner.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #223  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Bp- A Friday night date night on the bikes sounds wonderful!

Jill- I will try my absolute best to post more often...scouts honor!

Holly- Oh my goodness! An inch of ice in your garage? I hope there wont be any damage to your bikes.

I actually exercised today!! I did Walk Away the Pounds and it was alot of fun! Challenging, but not hard to follow. My goal is to get up early tomorrow morning, do yoga, and a Denise Austin workout (on Lifetime) and maybe a 15 min. segment of WATP after work. Wish me luck! My eating was ok. I did good for breakfast and lunch, but blew it on dinner.

Tomorrow I WILL exercise and I WILL eat 100% POP!!!!

to all you ladies, too!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #224  
Biker Chick!

Bp - that does sound like a wonderful date night with the hubster

Thank you for the Rebel!

and you WILL get the vibes from us Jill

Hi to Reda and Gina!

I had another POP today (Perfect On Plan). I was encouraged 'cause I stepped on the scale, expecting to see that 170 again that got me mad, and I'm back to 165. The fluctuations of the scale are crazy!! why don't I just throw it away? (because I know I can't manage that )

have a great night, ladies!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #225  

Just another note of thanks to you guys....as I study. HH is home today so I'll be practicing my clinical skills on HIM! LOL Wait til we get to the bedpan part.

bp....I love that you're planning a bike date nite! We do that every chance we get. Might have one tonite! And thanks so much for your encouraging test words. I so appreciate the support of all of you!

Holly....it's a GOOD SCALE day for you. Back to 165....because you're POP. I'm jealous! But just wait til I start my new job running the hospital halls 6 miles a day! Maybe I'll FINALLY be able to catch you! (See? I'm being POSITIVE!!) And OMG about that icey garage! I just can't relate to that being here in Florida!

Hey! ~~ Way to go, Reb, with exercising today! I'm so glad we're all getting back to posting...aren't you? It's really what I needed.

Well....more later! Have a great day, Chickies!
Closed Thread