Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #181  
Smackin' into a Wall

Happy is quite right – my birthday is on Saturday. For some weird reason it’s kinda a non-event this year, though I am looking forward to having a day to myself as the DH will be in class all day. I believe he has made reservations somewhere for dinner. Dancing men would be appreciated! Glad to see you here, Happy. You’ve been missed. I agree with Ceejay. Hey you don’t have to write a novel. We’d settle for a drive-by waving!

Ruth~ Have a great trip. Ahem, when do WE gossip?? Well, only on days that end with a Y. I missed the Women’s world issue. You are right about the newbies. Hey, the more the merrier – but it will be like January all over again.

Rennie~ Yeah it’s always nice to have something to look. Dancing men are sort of like shopping when on a budget: You see some things you might want but you know you have no intension of buying!

Ceejay~ great job on the inches lost. I think it is important to measure because even if the scale doesn’t seem to be moving, we are making progress.

Rose~ nice is highly overrated. I’ve seen VCRs for incredibly low prices lately. It’s amazing how technology becomes cheaper the longer it is around.

Mel~ Sorry you missed the last half hour of BL. I only caught the last 20 minutes or so myself so I don’t know what happened either. Was the issue with the dark-haired trainer? She’s a tad intense.

Carla~ Yes we’ll talk as we get closer to the date. I’m looking forward to it. And everything Shad told you was a lie! . Frankly, I admire your need to spin. I would never think it was woussy – I’ve seen those people sweat!

Patti~ Good job with working around your injury. Mmmm, State Fair - though I’ll pass on the corn dog and take a candy apple instead. Was it good (the fair, I mean, not the corn dog)?

Shad~ I took my pass out of my wallet on Friday and now I can’t find it. Luckily we share a floor with some non-bank types so I can come in through the washroom and use the keypad on the door to get in. Yeah, there is no law that says you have to take an extension. Are you counting the days yet? Are you more confident about the outcome? Go Shad!

Ok, it’s been a hectic week here which is why I have been MIA. Looks as if we’ll be busy for the foreseeable future too. They just offered me a 1 year extension and I am considering it. I like the people here, but the need my boss has to stir us up like bees in a hive can be a annoying. Don’t get me wrong, she is brilliant, she just can be a bit of a “personality” at times. Still, the money is more than I would make elsewhere and I do like the work when people leave me alone to do it. Speaking of which, I best get to it.

Later chickies and hi to anyone I missed.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #182  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi Happy!!! The song we are singing here in T.O. is "Foggy night in London Town". Hope you guys avoid the bad weather I was hearing about. Keep your head down and carry lots of change in your pockets for ballast!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy--I stayed up till 2 this morning. I didn't like the looks of the radar but around that time the storms started to dissipate. I had the day off yesterday also so I didn't have to stress any about work. We needed the rain.

I'm getting my flu shot today. The weather yesterday has made my sinuses very congested.

I need to call the landlord and have them to come and fix the lock on the shed door today. I heard it last night during the wind.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #184  

Happy, I had a feeling as I typed that I wasn't writing what I meant to say. In fact you said just the opposite, that you didn't agree with people who think spinning's wussy!! You're a woman of discernment who knows just how much of an idiot I have to be to want to go suffer like that... Anyway, that's all for now, just home from work and already off to... you guessed it, another spin class. (Nothing obsessive about me. ) And for those who suggested ear plugs, the problem is I wouldn't be able to hear the instructor telling me to increase the resistance... hmmm... maybe not such a bad idea Also, I sweat so much I'm sure they'd just fall out and embarrass me.

Time to hit the road. Glad you're feeling better!

I'll talk to the rest of you lot (as Shad would say) once I get back home and eat and shower. for now.

Hey Mel, where are ya??? Check in, however briefly - maybe we can watch Survivor together later on. I'll not make the popcorn, and you can not pour the frapps...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:04 PM   #185  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morena,
Well yesterday was the tutai day and I hope I never get another one like it in my life. Suffice to say that yesterday was a 14 hour day just to get back to the point where I started at - things are beginning to unravel! I've had a nights sleep - well half the night anyway and am now back to being a person again instead of a human tornado. Somedays I figure that the powers that be should get me a keyboard and tower for my feet as well, that way I could get through twice as much bull.
I went to breakfast with the module lead this morning and whinged at him so I feel better now! Not sure that he does but....

Ruth - probably too late for this - but have a wonderful time. Life is meant to have fun interludes and this sounds like one of them. Let's hope they have sorted some inspirational gardens for you to look at and ooooh and aaaah over. I would do just about anything to be back in Butchart Gardens right at this minute. I'll just have to content myself with looking at some of the piccies.

Happy - good to hear that you are feeling somewhat better. Now that you've got rock bottom out of the way, time to plan for the next stage in the climb. What exercise have you been doing?? Beating up the punchbag does wonders for the flabby arms. Mind you so does chopping down trees.

Carla - Good going on the spin class. I know you will be putting your heart and soul into it not to mention the legs and butt. Goodonya girl.

Blast - I was just getting into the swing of this and now I have a summons to do something that no doubt won't work anyway. I'll be back
Old 10-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #186  

No I wont - duty calls. I will be back much later
Old 10-18-2007, 10:22 PM   #187  

Oh give me a home
Where the wallabies roam
and the roos and the emus all play
where seldom is heard
a %^&**^^%word
and the project is 1000 miles away.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 AM   #188  

Shad, poor baby, you can always come back here, where the project would be even more than 1000 miles away. Drop over on Saturday, and I'll drag you off for another hike. Stay until Monday and we can spin together. Just hang in there, it will be over before you know it. that you'll get a long-term offer in Brisbane.

Shy, I know what you mean about the NSV with clothes - and the occasional frustration. I went out yesterday and bought three new pairs of slacks for work, all size 14, which is definite progress, although the nicest pair of the three is actually still a little on the small side for now. Incentive - they'll be perfect another 5 lbs from now. I also tried on some clothes that used to be too small, and a lot of them had to go - it turned out I should have been trying things on more often, as they are now too big! The trying-on in front of the all-too-realistic three way mirror was pretty tough, kind of spoiled the moment, but that's life. More incentive too, I guess.

It'll be interested to see how Monday's weigh-in goes. I already seem to be back down two pounds, and if I can stay on track, maybe I can get back to 176 or even 175... Hey, if I can hit 170 by November I'll be able to pack the wonderful new pants for the Toronto trip! Which would be a good thing since after that I'm off work until mid-January and by then they should be too big...

I bought the Woman's World issue today - in the before and after photos she really does look totally different with her huge weight loss, and it sounds like she did it sensibly. Lots of fruit and veg for volume and bulk so she was never hungry. The article doesn't mention 3fc at all , so no avalanche of new members for now, I guess. Madcat, you didn't miss the relevant issue - it just hit the stores here today if you're interested..

Well, all that spinning has me pretty tired. Even though I didn't put my whole heart and soul into it - sorry Shad. I didn't like the bike I ended up on, and I think my muscles (and my tush - oy!) haven't quite recovered from the last two clinics, so I was a little less than energetic. Still a good workout, and all should be okay by next class on Monday. I chose a spot behind a skinny pillar, which helped to block the music. It wasn't too loud tonight anyway.

But enough about my boring adventures with spinning. I'll try to find something more relevant to bore you all with next time.

Sweet dreams!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:42 AM   #189  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SORRY FOR THIS FLY BY POST:

I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN THE OFFICE AND SQUEEZING IN SHOPPING AND COOKING. SOMEONE GOT SICK AND TOOK OFF. I REALLY WASNT PREPARED FOR THIS. GOT CAUGHT WITH MY KNICKERS DOWN. ROFL DRANK A BOTTLE OF SF ICE TEA AND BLEW UP LIKE A BALLOON! SERVES ME RIGHT...I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO DRINK THAT STUFF! WILL CATCH UP READING POSTS OVER THE WEEKEND. LOVE TO ALL AND HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL AND HAPPY!
Old 10-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

This will be quick.

Rennie--Got your pm. I'll respond tomorrow.

I'm getting ready to go to Paragould this afternoo but ned to run a couple of errands.

Mel--No more sf tea.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #191  
Happy September

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADCAT!!!
HOPE YOUR DAY IS WONDERFUL AND EVERYTHING YOU WISH FOR COMES TRUE. MANY HAPPY RETURNS TO YOU TOMORROW!!

Old 10-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #192  
Happy September

OK I AM ALL CAUGHT UP BUT NOT AWAKE ENOUGH TO ANSWER INDIVIDUALLY. ILLNESS SEEMS TO BE STRIKING THEM ONE BY ONE HERE BUT NOT ME. THE SAME THING HAPPENED LAST YEAR. JEN AND I WERE THE ONLY ONES LEFT "STANDING" I DID MAKE SOME IDEAS KNOWN TO A BOSS MAN THAT SHOWED UP OUT OF NO WHERE. WE WILL SEE WHAT HE DOES. BUT HE WAS VERY RECEPTIVE. THIS TIME OF YEAR IS BUSY FOR ME WITH SHOTS AND ELECTIONS SO I CANNOT HOLD DOWN THEIR FORT ALSO. WE NEED OTHER ALTERNATIVES. I SENT SOMEONE OUT TO GET A ROASTED CHICKEN. I HAVE SALAD AND FRUITS SO THE WEEKEND CAN BE A RESTFUL ONE. NEXT WEEK IS BUSY UNTIL THURSDAY OR FRIDAY SO I MIGHT BUY ANOTHER ONE FOR MONDAY. I WILL PROBABLY BE SCARCE NEXT WEEK. BUT YOU WILL ALL BE WITH ME IN SPIRIT. MONDAY IS MALL AND THEN FILLING OUT FORMS, TUESDAY IS FOOD SHOPPING AND 2ND DAY OF FORMS THEN WEDS IS THE FLUSHOT DAY FOR ABOUT 200. IF I AM STILL ALIVE I WILL POST ON THURSDAY SOMETIME!
HAPPY ~ YOU MADE MY DAY JUST SEEING YOUR FACE HERE! SO GLAD YOU'RE LEAVING THE BOTTOM OF THE BARRELL CAUSE I WAS GETTING MY BLOW UP BED READY TO COME DOWN THERE AND JOIN MY SOUTHERN SISTA!!!
HOME SWEETIE.
WAVING TO THE REST OF YOU AND TALK AGAIN TOMORROW. CHICKEN AND THE TV ARE CALLING MY NAME!! sWEET DREAMS AND GOOD MORNING SHADDIE SUNSHINE! I MUST BE 1000 MILES AWAY FROM PERTH RIGHT?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:35 PM   #193  

Morning all,

And since it is the 20th here, but probably not yet over there -
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MADCAT

:

Hiya Mel, see you have retired again?! yeah right.

Safe trip Ceejay

All this talk about NSV's with clothes. Maybe I should send you over some of mine which are a little snug. Oh no, that's right, you would freeze to death in my clothes. Well done Carla and Rennie

Okay, back to work. No peace for the wicked although I have to admit that I probably get more done during the weekend when there is no one here than I do when they are. Questions, questions, questions. Must admit, one of the younger members of team have suddenly worked out what hurry means. Some of my panic attack must have gotten to them. Actually asked what they could do next and did I want them to come in over the weekend!

Old 10-19-2007, 08:37 PM   #194  
Happy September

Hiya Mel, see you have retired again?! yeah right.

OK SHADDIE LET'S HAVE A WEE BIT OF RESPECT FOR YOUR ELDER SISTER! OR I'LL HAVE TO PUT A PUNCTURE IN YOUR BLOW UP DOLL....ER I MEAN BED
Old 10-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #195  

No No, don't puncture my blow up bed!!! Please please not the bed.

Where is everyone? Probably in bed - isn't it dark over that side of the world? Maybe I frightened them all off with my tirades over the past week or maybe it was something else.

Come back all is forgiven
Closed Thread