S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Now I know it is the real birthday for the real birthday girl

Old 10-20-2007, 01:59 AM   #197  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Madcat

I did promise some dancing men too as I recall...

http://www.zippyvideos.com/802791057..._chippendales/

Hope you and the Mr. have a great day celebrating!

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-20-2007 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:04 AM   #198  

Shouldn't you be in bed???
Old 10-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #199  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick wave at the Worldlies from Georgia! and a very Happy Birthday to our Madcat! Limited PC access here but decided I'd better pop in.

Having a great time. Yesterday my friend Jet gave me a VIP tour of her commercial nursery - 800 acres of plants! She kept stopping the cart and picking me flowers. I ended up with a lap full of magnolias, azaleas, roses, jasmine, hydrangeas and camelias! If it weren't so damned hot I'd move here to garden!

We had frost on the ground when I left on Tuesday and it's in the high 80's here today. I'm off to Wally-World to see if I can find something cool to wear - and maybe a few pieces of quilting cotton too. I may need another suitcase for my shopping!

I hope everyone is behaving - except Madcat. It is her birtyhday!
Old 10-20-2007, 08:44 AM   #200  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WTF!! EVERYONE STAYED UP LATE???
DANG I WOULD HAVE SAT UP AND PLAYED ON THE COMPUTER AND TAPED MY SOAP OPERA!! ROFLMAO

IT'S JUST AMAZING WHAT ONE NIGHTS SLEEP CAN DO FOR REFRESHING THE OLD GRAY CELLS! THE SUN IS OUT, WINDOWS ARE OPEN, THE LANDSCAPERS ARE DONE SHOOTING CUT GRASS "GERMS" INTO MY WINDOW!
ALL IS WELL IN MY LITTLE CORNER OF THE WORLD.
THE ACCOUNTANTS GOT NERVOUS WHEN I GOT SICK SO THEY ARE BACKING OFF TILL THE END OF THE MONTH. I FOUND THAT I REALLY NEED TO WORK ON MY ANGER. SOMEONE DID SOMETHING INCREDIBLY MEAN AND I ALL BUT TOOK HIS FRIGGING HEAD OFF BY THE ROOTS. I WAS VERY QUICK TO ANGER AND NEED TO WORK ON THAT. I DON'T WANT TO GET LIKE SOME OF THESE SENIORS WHO THINK THEY CAN SAY AND DO WHATEVER THEY WISH CAUSE THEY'RE OLD
I WILL ADMIT TO SOME COFFEE BUT NOTHING ELSE....SO THAT'S MY STORY AND I AM STICKING TO IT!!

SHAD AND HAPPY~ I LOVED THE CATS!! THEY WERE TOO FUNNY AND CUTE. YOU GALS ARE THE BEST!

HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY

HOPING MRS MADCAT IS HAVING A GREAT DAY
Old 10-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #201  
Happy September

OH MISS RUTH!! SO GOOD TO SEE YOU
ENJOY WALLY WORLD!
Old 10-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #202  
Choose your hard

'Morning chicks-

And a big Happy Birthday to you Madcat! It just started out but I hope you're enjoying it so far.

Yes Shad - I was up really late and I should have been in bed much earlier. I'm am going to get my hair done shortly and I decided to splurge and try out one of those online places where you upload a picture of yourself (ugh) and then you can "try on" 7,000 hairstyles in 52 colors. I thought it might be a bit cheezy but it's really quite fun. I found that very long and very short hair as well as any type of dreadlocks don't suit me It seems the best thing for my facial structure and age is the very thing I always gravitate to - a mid length bob.

It also gives cutting instructions for the stylist and most importantly - picture by picture instructions for us on how to get the hair reasonably looking the same once we leave the salon. It's fall now so I'm not sure if I'll be grabbing some red tones to give me some color. Perhaps I'll tell her to color me like autumn with golds and reds and purples -

The website is www.hairstylers.com and it cost 15 dollars for a 3 month subscription. They also have lots and lots of hair care articles. I felt it was worth the money - particularly since DH and I went to the book store after dinner last night and I dumped at least that much on 3 hair styling magazines. (I saw the advertisement for the website in one of the magazines).

So now I have to get cleaned up and dressed. Will be back later to chat with the chicks.

Thanks for the nudge Shad
Old 10-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #203  
Happy September

WE'RE THINKING OF TRYING THIS RECIPE FOR HOLIDAY GIFTS TO GIVE TO UNEXPECTED GIFT GIVERS. ...BUT WE;RE WONDERING HOW TO MSTORE THEM OR WILL THEY LAST A WEEK OR TWO?

Apricot-Orange Bread

Serves: Makes 2 loaves

Only 1 egg and very little margarine are used in this low-saturated-fat, low-cholesterol low-sodium bread.

INGREDIENTS
1 (6 oz.) package of dried apricots cut into small pieces
2 cups water
2 tablespoons margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon freshly grated orange peel
3-1/2 cups sifted whole grain flour
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly oil two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
2. Cook apricots in water in a covered medium-size saucepan for 10-15 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Drain; reserve 3/4 cup liquid. Set apricots aside to cool.
3. Cream together margarine and sugar. By hand, beat in egg and orange peel.
4. Sift together flour, dry milk, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved apricot liquid and orange juice.
5. Stir apricot pieces and pecans into batter.
6. Pour batter into prepared pans.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bread springs back when lightly touched in center.
8. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and completely cool on wire rack before slicing.

NUTRITION INFO (per ½ slice)
Calories: 100
Fat: 4.4 g
Carbohydrates: 14.2 g
Protein: 1.9 g
Old 10-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #204  
Smackin' into a Wall

That’s for the all the birthday wishes, guys! I just watched Happy’s “Dancing men” video and laughed out loud! That made my morning. Speaking of which, I’m not sure what I am going to do with my “special day” yet. The DH has already given me prezzies and is off to class, so I have the whole day (until 4:30 or so) to myself. LUXURY!!! Think I might get cleaned up and go wander downtown. I have a book (or two) I want to pick up. Maybe I’ll even have lunch out. Who knows? Free time with no plans is something to never be underrated.

Hi to the chicklets. Good to see Ruth checking in. Can I safely say that a day in a nursery is Ruth’s idea of a dream day? Shad, thanks for the singing! I hear you on getting more done when people aren’t around to bug you. This is why working at home is good too. You know, the black & white cat looks surprisingly like my Gracie. Mel, to understand all is to forgive all, as Ghandi or the Dalai Lama or somebody used to say. It’s unlikely people will stop being idiots anytime soon and anger seems so tiring. Have a lovely relaxing day today. And Mmmm, bread. Happy, no dreadlocks?? How, um, dreadful. What a cool idea though. I have to admit and generally just put myself in the hairdressers hands. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. Hope the cuts turns out and go, Red, go. Hi Meadow and Holly and Ceejay and Rennie and Patti and all the other chicks to be named later.

Oh and I had to share this. Yes, this is what it is like to have a cat.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GmwqpHsMExg

I am off to show and go savor the day. The world has to be nice to me today - it's my birthday and I am all of 46 years old...
Old 10-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #205  

Morning,

Just have to share this one with you.
My work computer has decided it's had enough of me! . There is a program installed that has to do with ones PC health. Since it yelled at me everyday to get off and go home, I turned it off - or so I thought. With the rebuild of the PC something must have gotten turned back on again because the computer told me in no uncertain terms last night that it has exceeded the length of work time for a week. So now my computer is telling me what to do. Even worse, the little box that pops up with the message jumps around all over the screen and you have to chase it with the mouse to turn it off. Now I know I am working too much - when the computer cries enough, it's time to go and do something else - like wrestle with crocs or something.

Madcat - left a message on your answer phone. No doubt you are having a romantic dinner with the DH and why not. You deserve it. Hope it was a good one.

Ruth - nice to see you from Georgia. Glad to hear that you are having a wonderful time and that flowers are falling into your lap as you drive along. All those lovely trees and shrubs. I'm jealous.

Happy - see I knew you were being naughty. I now have this personalised world clock which tells me the time in 25 different places at a glance. Darn, I thought dreadlocks would be wonderful - with hair extensions and a multiple range of colours from yellow through to purple. You would certainly brighten up the office. Speaking of the hairdresser, I have to go find one over here. What a pain.

Mel - the only way I can think to store the bread is to freeze it. I don't think even airtight packets will do the job. It's not as if it will be crisp like panecotta which will keep forever without freezing (but you have to slice it with either an axe - if you like thick slices or an industrial saw to actually get it apart). We've all seen those nasty old folk who expect the world simply because they are old. Take 10 deep breaths, imagine the idiot naked and you won't have time to be nasty, you will be too busy laughing.
Sometimes you just gotta have what you gotta have.

Rennie - seems like you are a night owl. One thing about a site that goes all over the world, there always seems to be someone on line.

Okay - back to the joys of creating a repair job. I'm hoping to only be here for a short while today so better get on with it. Next week end is going home time. Gotta love that.....
Old 10-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #206  

Better late than never, I hope... to wish a

to our own

Chatte Folle

From one Libra to another, I'm raising a glass to a perfectly balanced year, where all the scales will not only fall from our eyes but will always be kind when we go for weigh-in...

So glad to see Shad managed to work out the time difference and leave a message, since this worldly chick fell down on the job - was supposed to call for her and wish a Happy Birthday in a downunder accent, but as often happens with me, wavered between 'oh, it's too early to call', 'well, they'll be out partying...', and now 's***, it's too late to call'...
Old 10-20-2007, 11:02 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Madcat
Happy Birthday though it may be a belated one once you get this.

Mel
hold your temper young lady.

Rennie
We do have similar goals. I'm determined to make mine this year to suprise my sister.

Happy
This sounds like a fun thing to do. Enjoy your day at the hair dresser. Are you getting a pedicure also.

Ruth
Whew, 800 acres is a big place. Glad you had something to ride on. Enjoy your stay in GA.

Shad
Guess your boss meant it when she said no over time. Turn the computer off and go home.

Hello to Carla, Patty, PainterWoman and Nae.

Nothing new on this end. We shall see what tomorrow will bring.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-20-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:28 PM   #208  

Madcat - Happy Belated Birthday - Hope you had a wonderful day.

Happy - the hairstyler web site sounds like alot of fun. I too have a hard time trying to figure out what to do with my hair. My hair is shoulder length and I've always wanted short, when I get to my goal, I'm getting a totally new look... going for the short...

Shad - you are working way to hard. Glad your going home next weekend.

Ruth - sounds like you having a wonderful time.

Painter - Did you make it to the State Fair. Tomorrow's the last day.

Not much going on around here. Missed working out thur/friday. Allergies, overslept. Went this morning though. My goal is 5 lbs for the month of Oct. I've only lost 2...

Ceejay, Carla, Mel, & Shy, - hope you having a great day.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #209  
Happy September

HAPPY~ BOTH YOU AND JEN SHOULD GO AND GET RED!! ALL COLORED UP FOR THE FALL! I DON'T LOOK GOOD AT ALL IN SHORT OR LONG HAIR...JUST THE MEDIUM BOB LENGTH TOO. WISH I COULD HAVE ONE OF THOSE REALLY SHORT WASH'N'WEAR DO'S GOOD IDEA THAT WEBSITE.

MADCAT~ GLAD YOU HAD THE TIME OF LUXURY AND HOPE YOU FOUND SOME GOODIES DOWNTOWN!! I'M WORKING ON IT, BABY, I'M WORJING ON IT! GONNA BE A SWEETIE AGAIN ONE DAY SOON!

RENNIE~ YES WE HAVE A BUILDING FULL OF THOSE TYPES AND I'M GOING TO BE THE NEXT ONE GOOD TO HEAR YOU SOUNDING BETTER.

SHAD~ THE PC IS THE BOSS NOW! TOO FUNNY. BUT I AM GLAD SOMEONE IS SENDING YOU HOME!! I WAS EVEN WONDERING IF YOU REMEMBERED WHERE YOU LIVE!!!

CARLA~ GLAD YOU MADE IT HERE!! LOL

RUTH~ YOUR TRIP IS SOUNDING WONDERFUL! ENJOY!

CEEJAY~ I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO PARAGOULD? OR AM I GETTING CONFUSED????

PATTY~ LOVE YOUR TICKER GO PATTY GO!! WITH THE 3 LBS LEFT TO LOSE!!

I NEED A DRUM ROLL PLEASE: THE SCALE READ 181.5 THIS MORNING I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. THAT MAKES 6.5 LBS IN 2 MONTHS. THE MOST I HAVE LOST SINCE 2003. THE FUNNY THING IS THAT I AM NOT EVEN HUNGRY RIGHT NOW. VERY STRANGE FOR ME. USUALLY I AM STARVING ALL THE TIME!!! THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT I AM MORE PREPARED WITH LOW AND NO FAT STUFF TO GRAB AND EAT WHEN IN A RUSH....AND OF COURSE I DON'T HAVE ONE OR TWO OF THOSE SKIM MILK FRAPPUCCINOS EVERY DAY NOW THEY WERE GOOD FOR 180 CALS EACH WITH LITTLE OR NO EXERCISE TO WORK IT OFF.
ONE THING I DID WAS MAKE MY OWN FROZEN BERRY PARFAIT WITH PLAIN OR VANILLA NONFAT YOGURT AND GRANOLA AT NIGHT FOR THE MORNING. I USED TO DO THIS ALL THE TIME AND GOT LAZY. ANOTHER THING I AM DOING IS TRYING TO STOP THE PROCRASTINATION OF MAIL, NECESSARY PHONE CALLS, ETC. SOME OF THE ANXIETY IS LEAVING BUT I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. HAD A GOOD CHAT WITH MYSELF AND THIS ANXIETY CREATED THE ANGER. FEAR OF NOT GETTING STUFF DONE, LETTING IT PILE UP AND MAKING IT EVEN WORSE. SO THAT'S THE NEW GOAL FOR NOVEMBER. TO GET BACK ON TRACK AND CUT DOWN THE PC GAME AND BROWSING TIME. BETTER FOR THE EYES ANYWAY!
I'VE BEEN ALL "ME, ME, ME" HERE AND RAMBLING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ALL HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO ON A SUNDAY THAN TO READ OTHER PEOPLE'S LISTS!

HAPPY SUNDAY AND HOPE THE NEW WEEK IS A GREAT ONE FOR ALL OF US!!
TO ALL THE MISSING CHICKLETTES
Old 10-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #210  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Gosh Mel - you sure summed it up there right on the money with the ugly cycle of too much to do and getting all frustrated and stuff. A good reminder of not letting things get out of control. As for your weight loss well girl to you. I know how difficult it is for you - not like you can pump up the exercise with a run around the block - so your victory is all the more sweet. As for cutting out the drinks, I was just reading an article where a fitness person said an easy way to cut 20 percent of your calories out was to cut out every beverage besides water. I guess you can drink flavored but unsugared green tea too. Many of the people on the boards here refuse to use their calories for liquid stuff. I'm starting to think they are on to something too as the low fat stuff contains lots of sugar and sugar is becoming my big enemy now. So hard to stick to it tho. I'm proud of you for giving up those frappachinos as I know how much you loved them. Good going woman - be strong And I agree about freezing the bread (if you have the room). One girl I used to work with made the most awesome coffee cake. She would make about 40 mini loaves and give them away as Christmas gifts. She's the one who said you have to freeze them - keeps them fresh out of the oven fresh. Otherwise, even in the refrigerator - they get stale or icky. Happy baking!

Patty - I hope you get to that new hair style soon. I think a new you deserves a new style - top to bottom!

Ceejay - I thought you were off to Paragould too. Back so soon? on your weight loss success thus far too!

Carla - not too late to call - just tell her you were letting her get the partying out of her system. I look at our cold pool water and think - geez Carla would think this was downright brisk and refreshing - you're a better woman than me

Rennie - I see you on all hours of the night so you must be a night owl too. Sometimes it seems we get caught up on our sleep and then it's impossible to go to sleep.

Shad - you mean to say that your PC (from work) tells you it's time to quit work and go home? Nah - in TODAY'S world where they ring you dry? Well that's certainly interesting. Nice to hear you are going home next week. Bet you're looking forward to it even if it's a fast trip. Too bad you couldn't make it a whole week long just to get a much deserved break

Madcat - I absolutely LOVED the "how cats wake us up video" - had a good laugh over that one - DH thought it was really cute too. I swear they actually DO those things! You have to have a cat to understand. Thanks for sharing that one.

Ruth in the middle of 800 acres of plants? Hmmm will she rearrange the whole nursery or will we just show an aerial shot of her lying in the fields with eyes closed and a blissful look of contentment on her face?

Well I went from blonde to a reddish brown. We always darken up for the fall. It's not a bad color. I think I will warm up to it as I get used to it. Be interesting to see how the gray will eventually poke through. At least I won't have to worry about roots. I did wind up with the same cut I always get. She said with my poker straight, baby fine hair that this was the best cut for me unless I wanted to spend at least an hour fixing and twisting and putting 50 dollar worth of hair product in just to get a bit of a bend that would blow right out when the first breeze came through. I have the perfect hair for one of those radical geometric cuts - straight, very shiny and close to the head. Too bad I don't have the face and age for it At least I don't have the poofy perm that my mom does

Well I'd better get on with my day. Lots of stuff to do. Have a good Sunday chicks.

to Holly, Nae, Meadow, Painter.
Closed Thread