Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:01 PM   #151  

Hello Ladies,

I been MIA this past week. Monday while i was workingout I fell down and hurt my hand and leg pretty bad. We'll not broken or anything but my dumb dislocated and my whole hand swelled up. It's amazing all the things you can't do with only 1 hand. Putting on a bra for instance. Anyway for a few days I had to hand peck to type and things just took longer to do. It's feeling much better, still swollen at the thumb joint. I"m sure that will take a few weeks to go away. Anway i'm going to try working out tomorrow. No hands weights or anything mainly cardio. I have 1/2 month left to lose 5 lbs.

There's lots to catch up on... I think I have 5 pages to read...

will post more later...

Last edited by 1day@atime; 10-15-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:54 AM   #152  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, sorting out life does interfere with fun things! I am on that plane this morning as I realize how much I need to get done before I go to Georgia early Thursday morning. I lose a half day each day for the next three with painting this afternoon, quilt class Tuesday morning and pet therapy and a haircut on Wednesday. My friend's tax problem and labeling and filling the Fair prize envelopes are two "musts" to get done in there somewhere. Oy!

Whine! Whine! Whine! How about just getting on with it!

I'll try to get back in later.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:13 AM   #153  

Many thanks to all the worldly chicks for the birthday wishes. I managed to drag the celebration out for a whole week, but am back in the real world today...

Happy, sometime life just seems too busy to fit it all in. The last thing you need is to feel guilty because you're not getting in to post every day! I hope a temporary absence works as well for you as it did for me - somehow the break made it all more fun again. I'm sure you'll be lurking from time to time. You'll definitely be missed, so get over that battle fatigue asap and come back to us.

Ruth, what are you going to Georgia for? Especially now that the weather is going to warm up again here this week? Do enjoy yourself, e'll be looking forward to hear all about the trip. Hello to Hershey!

Mel, Rennie, enough about worms already!!! Or Shad will have to start banning more topics. For the record, I'm also on board for cremation, and hope to be scattered in one of two favourite swimming lakes. No doubt highly illegal, and polluting too. So a second choice would be up in the woods where I like to hike.

Patty, you poor thing! Bumps and bruises are no fun at all. Get well soon!

Shad, I'll try to attach a snap from last week - see if you recognize the view. Hint: I have a photo of you on the same rock. Which I will send you soon now I have your email addy.

Time to get this show on the road - off to work soon, and still not clean at all. Spin class tonight.

Hello to Madcat, Meadow, Ceejay, Holly, Painter, Rose.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:14 AM   #154  

Shad's photo will have to wait - it's stored on the other laptop and I really have to run. Bye!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #155  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ALL THE BUSY BEES ARE OFF TO GET THEIR DAYS STARTED I SEE. I AM RUNNING LATE. LATE FOR WHAT I HAVE NO IDEA MY DRIVER HAS CHANGED SO I AM NOT GOING TO WALMARTS BUT HAVE DELEGATED MY LIST TO ANOTHER. RICK THE TRAVEL MAN IS DOING A DUTCH TOUR WHERE THEY SELL POT OVER THE COUNTER IN COFFEE SHOPS...I THINK I AM GOING TO MOVE. MAYBE THAT WOULD MAKE ME HAPPY!! THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH BEING STONED IS THE MUNCHIES I WOULD NEVER FIT INTO ANY OF MY CHAIRS IF I GAINED WEIGHT!! CARLOS WOULD KILL ME...WHEN HE MEASURED ME LAST I WAS LOSING AND HE ORDERED THE CHAIR WHILE MAKING ME PROMISE HIM I WOULD NOT GAIN!! OK ENOUGH NONSENSE FOR ONE DAY. HAPPY MONDAY

RUTH~ GET ALL THOSE THINGS DONE AND BE FREE!!

SHAD~ THE GUY WAS PETER SOMETHING..I FORGET...AND I WAS RIVETED TO THE SCREEN WATCHING THE ACTUAL VOTE AFTER RUSSELL AND MANY OTHERS MADE THEIR OPINIONS HEARD. AFTER THE SALE, AND THEY BEGAN TO PRACTICE, HE SPOKE TO THE TEAM ONE NIGHT ABOUT LOVING EACH OTHER AND IT WAS ALL VERY TOUCHING AS THEY EACH POICKED ONE MATE TO SAY WHAT IT WAS THEY LOVED ABOUT EACH OTHER. I WAS HOPING THE TEAM WOULD PULL IT TOGETHER AND WIN WIN WIN HAVE A GOOD WEEK WITH THE ROOSTERS! BTW...DOES THAT MAKE YOU THE QUEEN OF THE C O C K S?

PATTY~ OMG! I WAS WONDERING WHERE YOU WENT! TAKE GOOD CARE OF THAT THUMB!! LET IT HEAL GOOD BEFORE YOU BEGIN TO OVER USE IT. I BROKE A FINGER ONCE....THE FIRST THING I NOTICED WAS I COULDN'T WIPE MYSELF WITH MY LEFT HAND
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER ALL OVER SOON!

TO HAPPY....JIC!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:28 AM   #156  
Happy September

TO CARLA ALSO!! WHO IS ON THE MOVE ALREADY I WAS A GOOD GIRL AND CREMATED THE WORM! POOF!! GONE!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #157  
Happy September

WE MADE THIS FOR RICHIE'S BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY AND ALL OF US LOVED IT. I LEFT OUT THE SUGAR AND USED GINGER SOY SAUCE. DELISH.

Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry RECIPE

2 tablespoons dry red wine
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons grated, peeled ginger root
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions, each cut into 8 wedges
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed and sliced
2 stalks celery, cut into 1/4" slices
2 small green peppers cut into thin lengthwise strips
1 cup water chestnuts, drained and sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
Fat: 7.4g
Carbohydrates: 11.6g
Calories:131.0
Protein: 5.2g
1. Prepare marinade mixing together wine, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger. Marinate meat in mixture while preparing vegetables.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet or wok. Stir-fry onions and mushrooms 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
3. Add celery and cook 1 more minute. Add remaining vegetables and cook 2 minutes or until green pepper is tender crisp. Transfer vegetables to warm bowl.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet.
5. Stir-fry meat in oil about 2 minutes or until meat loses its pink color.
6. Blend cornstarch and water. Stir into meat. Cook and stir until thickened.
7. Return vegetables to skillet; stir gently and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:06 AM   #158  
Smackin' into a Wall

Omigawd! I completely missed Carla's B-day! Happy Belated one!! Patty, sorry about your hand. Take the time to let it heal...

As for the rest of you lot (profilic as you are all), I'll be back later. Take that either as a promise or a threat
Old 10-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #159  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good going, Rennie. It's nice to see some good news.

Did you know today is National Grouch Day? So far I'm doing really well!

Bloody label programme! Bloody Revenue Canada! Bloody Air Miles busy line!

There! I'm done now.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #160  
Happy September

October is National Salsa Month and National Apple Month.

Celebrate National Salsa Month and National Apple Month with Jim Long's great recipe for spicy Apple Salsa. He suggests using it as a relish with holiday meals, or as a dip for chips (we like this with tortilla chips). Combine 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, finely chopped; 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and diced; juice of 1 large lemon; 3-4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro; 1 clove garlic, minced; 1 teaspoon fresh Mexican oregano leaves; ½ teaspoon salt (optional). Mix well. Chill for at least an hour, serve at nearly room temperature. And for many other super salsa recipes, check out Jim's book, Sensational Salsas: From Apple to Zucchini.

TO MRS MADCAT AS SHE RUNS OUT THE DOOR!

TO RENNIE FOR ANOTHE 2 LBS!

TO RUTH AND HOPE SHE GOT ALL HER MADNESS OUT BEFORE SHE HUGS ME BACK
Old 10-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #161  
Happy September

Shad~ I found russell's friend:

Peter Holmes à Court (born 1968) is an Australian businessman and a joint owner of the National Rugby League team South Sydney Rabbitohs together with Russell Crowe [1].

He is the son of now deceased billionaire businessman Robert Holmes à Court.

After completing his schooling at Geelong Grammar School in Corio, he read law at Oxford University and received his BA in economics and theatre from Middlebury College, Vermont.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:37 PM   #162  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morena
Crikey I wouldn't sneeze at a pound a week. So far all I am doing is standing still - but then again I'm not getting any bigger - BONUS - congratulations Rennie you are doing well.

Mel - thanks for the e-card. Yes she probably would. Now we have everyone wondering who we are talking about!!!! Who is she? Could it be Sunday the cat? or Hershey or maybe Lily, maybe............ ????? Oh I am feeling silly today.
I like the sound of the apple salsa, but then again I like all sorts of salsa and the stone fruit is just beginning in the stores and markets and very, very soon we will have my favourite, favourite fruit - le mango!!!!! I might even have a go at the stir fry as well however I will have to cut the recipe down somewhat otherwise I will be eating it for a week.
And do not upset Carlos - lose the weight and forget the pot. Who is Rick - is that the driver with the dog??? Oh oh!
Yes Peter is the other ones name. I looked it up on the internet, Peter Holmes a'Court. Family is big in the publishing and magazine world. His mother is an amazing woman for her time. Runs a multinational company, is involved in drug rehabilitation and street kids (hands on stuff not just throwing money at it although she does that too) and does a huge amount of charity work. She must be well into her 70's now but doesn't look it.

Carla - no hurry with the snaps. I am taking my laptop home for the weekend on 26th October for Robbie to put wireless mobile on. That way I can use the internet from the apartment without the use of a phone line. Hallelujah. Might have to take out a morgage for the monthly payments but!

Ruth - busy lady. Georgia.... when you first said that, I wasn't sure whether it was the real thang - geor-guh or some other little spot in the wilds of Ontario or Newfoundland. Or maybe close (within 1000) to Winnipeg! Now I know you are going to the real thing. Take yer suthin ears wit yer - howd'ya laaaaiiiiiike yer aaaaiggs?

Madcat - off for another day on the wheel. I'm already here, but I insist on devoting half an hour to here and the e-mail before I get started. They still get 11 hours a day out of me. Are you still working on the subject you know nothing about? Lordy, we are good.

My boss told me off for working all weekend. Do she think things happen by themselves? I'm tracking okay thank you very much and guess what - I'm looking forward to some time off in February. Every cloud has a silver lining. So another day begins. The roosters wife had her baby on Saturday - a wee boy and from his pics he looks very pretty. So we have been out and spent a few bob buying him some animals (stuffed) and some wee clothes. I'll get a pressy for the mum and the dad today and they can be parcelled up and sent away.

And that's about it from me - better get on with the pleasures of work.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #163  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

My apologies to Janet Holmes a'court. She is only 64. But she's packed an awful lot into those years. I just looked her up on the net
Old 10-16-2007, 08:30 AM   #164  

Morning Ladies, that is so good on the weight loss....it is such a difficult thing to stay on that path sometimes..... my week is going to try to drink more water or clear tea during the day...that seems to help me feel full.
I got all my peppers from my garden roasted and put up for the winter supply. Thanks for the recipes Mel.... they sound great.
Hope all is well with everyone today...
Smile,
Nae
Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 AM   #165  
Happy September

SHAD~ I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BABY GLAD EVERYTHING WENT OK. I ALWAYS LOVE TO GO BABY SHOPPING. LOL MAYBE THE BOSS THINKS LITTLE ELVES COME IN AND MAGIC HAPPENS
HOPE THIS WEEKEND YOU GET MORE FUN TIME IN!
WHEN I HEARD PETER SPEAK ABOUT THE TEAM BEFORE HE BOUGHT IT...HE SOUNDED SO SINCERE AND VERY CARING. I JUST HOPE THEY BOTH DO WHAT THEY SET OUT TO DO AND KEEP THEIR PROMISES.
PS~ and Rick is Rick Steves of the travel show....not the busdriver
RENNIE~ IF I HAVE LESS CALORIES THAN PLANNED AND NOT HUNGRY, THEN I DON'T FORCE MYSELF. FUNNY CARTOON. LOL

NAE~ IT REALLY IS A DIFFICULT ROAD FOR US FOOD LOVERS SO I GUESS THAT MAKES US SEASONED TRAVELERS....PUN INTENDED

I AM OFF TO THE STORE. JUST KILLING TIME. WE'RE RUNNING LATE. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY!! GOING TO WATCH THE BIGGEST LOSER TONITE ON TV AND SEE WHAT ONE OF THE TRAINERS DID WRONG.....I AM WONDERING IF SHE SMACKED SOMEONE. THE COMMERCIAL LOOKED INTERESTING
TTFN
Closed Thread