Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi ladies, where is Holly,

Just stopping in to say hello
Old 10-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #167  

I'm here CJ!! Working at home today and i am very thankful.
I have had a very hard time adjusting to home after being away with dear and wonderful friends. But I keep doing my thing. The kids are good and we are always busy with fun stuff. Work at the shop is great too.

I really miss Ruth!! A LOT!!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #168  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Came to work this morning and forgot my pass. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Guess I could have walked back up the hill and got it but might not have wanted to come back down again I got let into the building by security and will have to go down and get a temporary pass later in the day. Such is life. I hope the rest of the day is not spent revealing things I have forgotten.

Not much news here at all. It's gone back to dull grey and overcast with the promise of showers. Aaaaahhhh well. I guess I should get hold of the boys and get them to give me some Christmas dates - otherwise I'll be paying out a heap to get them here - although they may have changed their minds about coming over by now. I haven't spoken to them about it lately. Well that was Christmas shopping done, now what do I have to do? Oh yes a pile of work now sitting in my in box.

Nae - I love roasted peppers - how do you preserve them? In brine? Oil? Water? Do you put herbs and stuff in with them? Sounds like you are snuggling in for the winter too.

Rennie if my counts are up or down for the day - as long as they are in the same ball park and I am not hungry then I don't care. If I need a snack then I put some avocado and tomato on a cruskit biscuit and eat that. Or yoghurt or melon. Not belittling doctors but they seem to have the same disease as the educational department and the fashion world - one size fits all and if you don't fit then it's your fault.

Holly - the worst part about a holiday is the crash down to earth when one gets home. Somehow you don't think about the dirty washing, the lack of shopping, the unmowed lawn when you are away. Or the bills. Life is just great. The world is just great, the friends are just great, I'd like to live with them for the rest of my life type great. Well if you tried it, the cracks would appear faster than the suitcases got emptied. Treasure the memories and enjoy the kids while they are good. But it is nice to see old friends.

Okay - it's that time again. I'd better go put my head together and get on with the day. Best not to let too much of it slip past - Holly has put me in mind of my last holiday. Time to think about a new one!!!! But before that, time to get some money together so I can go on a new one!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:20 PM   #169  

Talking

Hello Ladies,

Working out this morning was somewhat hard. Still limited with only using one hand. Tomorrow I"ll try cardio and leg/quads routine. Going to the State Fair tomorrow and ooh so looking forward to a corny dog.

Painter - have you gone to Fair yet. This is the last week?

Shad - I just hate it when I forget my work pass. I can't get into my building or even out without it.

Melody - going to watch biggest looser too. I'm amazed how they can lose 8 to 15 pounds in a week.

Roseblush - what is clear tea? I know Green tea is really popular, but haven't heard of clear??

Ruth - I MISSED out on National Grouch day!! Is it too late

Shy - hope you got all your food in.

Holly - hope you got lots of things done today. What kind of shop do you have?

Ceejay - HI, hope your having a great day!

Last edited by 1day@atime; 10-16-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:53 PM   #170  

Hello all. Yesterday I wrote a nice chatty post while home at lunch, but for some reason it got stuck and ended up going poof, by which time I had to get back to the salt mines, so ...

Many thanks to all those who posted birthday greetings. I had a lovely week of overindulgence and cards and fun, and got back on the straight and narrow yesterday.

Madcat, when exacly is your b'day? I'm pretty sure it's any day now...
I'm gearing up for the November assault on TO, including the big craft fair which is on during my stay. And of course I'll PM you closer to the day so we can make plans to meet. Should be fun, and I've got a month of clean living to prepare my liver...

Ruth, did you ever get through to Aeroplan? It's a bit like Catch-22 - half the time the website doesn't work, so you decide to pay the $35 (or is it more now?) to book over the phone, and then you spend your life on hold. Grrrrr Is your trip business or pleasure?
Hugs to Hershey!

Happy, I don't know if you're out there lurking, but I have to say it's just not the same without you. I hope all is well and you're getting a chance to regroup.
You mentioned that some people think spinning class is wussy - like you, I have a feeling they've never done one! It's one heck of a workout, and for some reason I keep finding myself choosing spin groups full of triathletes (aka lunatic exercise mutants). I've been to two classes so far, and will try for twice a week. I'm not sure about the calorie burn, but I think it's a minimum of about 500 per hour. Somehow it's like banging your head against a wall - it reaaly does feel so good when you stop.

Patti, bravo for keeping up the workouts despite the injury!
I think what you call a corny dog is called a "pogo" around here. Not one of my weaknesses, thank goodness, but I do confess to being a serious poutine fan.

Mel, I just finished watching Biggest Loser with you. What a lovely evening we've had, and we even managed to stay out of the chocs and frapps... Poor Holly! (not our Hollyhock, the Black Team's Holly) And even more, poor Phil! Although it was pretty clear he'd continue to lose on his own, and he looked pretty darn good in the after video. I'm pretty sure they don't actually lose all that weight every week - I don't think their weigh-ins actually happen every week in real time.
How was shopping? What did you buy me? I actually spotted a clock today that can play 12 different Christmas songs, and immediately though of you...

Shad, it's the thin edge of the wedge, forgetting your pass! Next you'll be putting the kettle in the fridge and wandering off! Poor old dearie.
I think I'm confused about how long your Perth contract will last. Especially now you're talking about having the boys visit for Christmas. Can't you apply for time off for good behaviour? Or would that require that you actually behave?

Rennie, I can't imagine ever having trouble eating all the calories I'm allowed. In a pinch, a few chocolates is all it would take to put me over the edge.... Meanwhile, congrats on the steady weight loss! You're obviously doing something right, so I don't blame you for sticking to what works for you.

That will have to be it for tonight, almost bedtime. Greetings to Ceejay, Holly, Painter, Rose, Meadow...

Hey, I think I finally managed to attach the photo of Shad-less Tawadina, Wolf Trail, Gatineau Park!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0561.jpg (45.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-17-2007, 07:04 AM   #171  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Really quick dash through this morning. We are about to have an influx of Newbies as Woman's World hits the newstands today with our own "mandalinn82" on the cover looking great. Naturally there's a plug for 3FC so the newbies will be flocking in like lemmings over the cliff.

I'm off to Georgia tomorrow morning for a meet-up of the folks from my online garden group which I belonged to before 3FC. We will visit some gardens down there and chat about plants but generally just hang out and talk our ears off. Our hostess swears she is going to get me to eat grits, chitlins and biscuits with sausage gravy but I'll be strong.

I have a fairly busy day today with pet therapy in the morning, Donna coming to clean, an afternoon haircut in town and my darling Hershey to take to the kennel before her supper time. I need to be en route to town early tomorrow morning and the kennel owner is very chatty. Airplanes don't care about the virtues of Nova Scotia Duck Tollers or Brussells Griffons and he does go on and on. Nice man but he does add a half hour to drop-off time.

I'll try to pop in later. Right now Hershey needs extra petting. I've not dragged out the suitcase but somehow she knows I'm leaving.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #172  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RUTH~ HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME! TAKE NOTES AND TELL US ALL ABOUT IT!

CARLA~ WONDER IF OTHERS LIKE US HAVE BIRTHWEEKS INSTEAD OF DAYS. I MISSED THE LAST HALF HOUR OF BL !!! WHAT DID THE TRAINER DO THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SO BSD? WAS IT THE YELLING AND CURSING AT THE GUY WITH THE 3 KIDS? I THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO SMACK HIM!

HOME CEEJAY!! HOPE PARAGOULD WAS A FUN TRIP!

RENNIE~ IF I AM A LITTLE SHY OF "CALORIES"...AND I DON'T COUNT BUT MY STOMACH/HEAD CAN TELL...I EAT SOME CHICKEN OR HAVE A CHEESE STIX.

SHAD~ HOPE THE "PASSLESS" HUMP DAY WENT WELL. CAN'T SAY AS I BLAME YOU FOR NOT WALKING BACK UP OR DOWN THE HILL!

GETTING READY FOR A BUSY DAY. WE'RE HAVING SOME OF SHAD'S WEATHER. DARK AND GLOOMY. ONE OF THESE DAYS I AM GOING TO FALL ASLEEP WHILE DRIVING IN ALL THIS DARK! TODAY IS BOSS DAY BUT I AM NOT EATING WITH THEM. PNLY FILLING IN FOR THE AM TODAY. LAST NIGHT WE HAD A FALSE ALARM AND I MISSED 1/2 OF MY SHOW. SET THE VCR AND RAN OUT THE DOOR ONLY TO FIND I SET IT TO THE WRONG CHANNEL!! GUESS I BETTER GET MY DRAGGING BUTT IN GEAR!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY
Old 10-17-2007, 09:02 AM   #173  

Morning All, Ruth I will have to pick up a copy to read the article about 3fc,,,,sort of exciting. Your trip sounds fun, a little break is always refreshing. Have you ever been to Manato Park in Spokane, WA and seen the gardens there?
Morning Miss Mel, how are you doing these days....we had a great rain yesterday....so fresh and good for the trees before the freeze comes around the corner. My vcr is broken and I miss not taping some things in the afternoon so I can zip through them at night..... have to round one up for the winter.....more time for myself without the BF...but he is still trying to consume my time...I am trying to be nice....trying....see that word....and nice......
Hope all is well with everyone today..... make it a good one!
Peace,
Nae
Old 10-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ruth--Enjoy your trip. Sausage and biscuits are not bad. In fact I may have them in the morning.

Mel--If someone was doing me like she did him I'd walk away from her also. The blue team's weigh in was awesome.

Shad--don't forget your card today.

Happy--if you are lurking stop in to say hello once in awhile. We do miss you.

I measured this morning and am down 4.5 inches over all, mainly upper body, cause that's where I've been concentrating the most. I thought that walking would do the lower half. The leg press is still broken at the gym. Weight is 182.6.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #175  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morena

Not far to go for the weekend I think Rennie. Good going on the NSV with the clothes.

Ruth - have a wonderful time in Georgia. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself and meet new people and new friends. Leave off with the stuff - grits and sausage etc. I don't even know what they look like much less what they are!
Poor old Hershey - isn't it amazing how they know that things are afoot!!! Shad was as bad - Sunday the cat hops in the suitcase but rapidly hops out if it even looks like shifting. Scaredy Cat that she is. I guess I won't see the magazine unless it gets posted on the forum. I've seen Mandalynn posting around the place. Never caught up with her tho'.
Shouldn't the grammar read - .....the garden club to which I belonged before 3FC?? Sorry - couldn't resist that.

Patty - well done on your dedication to exercise. Your ticker is looking good too. Hope the thumb comes right very soon.
This was the first time I have left my pass. I was a bit surprised at how easy it actually was to get a temporary pass. But it's not my job to wonder why. I managed to remember it today.

Carla - that picture brought back some memories. What happened to the pink rock. I seem to remember distinctly pink stuff there or was that further on. Anyway seeing as it is Shadless, I must not be in Canada.
My contract lasts until 27th January. I hope they don't ask me to renew. I'm not in love with the place and not that happy with the job (in case no one noticed) but quite frankly I don't see us being finished at that time.
I just love it when I am being hassled to get some work out and the techno'idiots downstairs can't even get the system stable much less put any information in it. We start training in 2 weeks and the stuff is not ready. Aaah well as per normal it will always be trainings fault. No enough, not good enough - the fact that the trainees are not there, the system has fallen over again, the business won't release people for training because of work pressures and the printer is on strike is no excuse for non performance.
I live by the 6 p's but don't think it will work this time - 6 p's? Prior preparation prevents p*ss poor performance!

Mel - my passless hump day was fine - for a change I actually achieved something - oh the joy!!!! - because I didn't take too much notice of my co-workers and told them to send me emails 'cause I was concentrating on Recurring Activity Planning (good stuff for a hump day) and wouldn't hear them. It worked! I might try it again. Would you like me to give you a lecture in R.A.P??? You could pass it on to the staff

Ceejay - missed you yesterday. The measuring sounds great. I am not looking forward to my measurements at the end of the month at all. Well done on the exercising - you and Patty are doing great.

I seem to be missing Meadow. Where has she gone. Miss those funny little asides that she comes up with as well as the graphics. Maybe she is snowed in already!

Morning Rose - nice to see you posting regularly.

I too miss Happy, but then I miss everyone who doesn't post often and wonder if they will be back. I'll take a bet that Happy is lurking and shaking a finger at us all. Hope her Sabbatical will do her good. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do and when the load gets too much it's time to start shedding some of the baggage (okay don't come over here - I'm not talking about you lot being baggage - besides there is only one spare bed!).

Okay - time to get off here. I'll check on Madcat's birthday, but Mel usually warns us in time.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #176  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Madcat's birthday is Saturday!!!!!! There's still time to prepare, bake a cake and do a banner since she's a married lady now and probably would not appreciate the dancing men as much as some of the others would.

I have been trying to catch up with you chatty ladies - waiting on my pants to be finished so I can get them out of the dryer in a few minutes. I will be back.

Missed you ladies too!

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-17-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #177  
Choose your hard

There is thunder in the distance and we have tornado warnings (2 tornado seasons here - spring and fall) so if I don't post again later it will mean the power was fluctuating.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:39 AM   #178  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Grabbing a quick coffee before I hit the highway for Ottawa and the airport. My friend Mel will drop me off and be able to use my car while I'm away. This saves me about $70 in airport parking fees and he gets a car. Win/Win!

I'll be back late Tuesday but may pop in to see if you are gossiping about me!

and
Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 AM   #179  

Happy!!!! So glad to see you pop - it's just not the same without you. And thanks for the heads-up on Madcat's bday.

Ruth, bon voyage! And enjoy those grits. Yumm??

Mel, wherefor are thou, Mel? Still on that shopping trip?

And it's heigh-ho, heigh-ho, off to work I go...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #180  
Choose your hard

Mornin' chickies

We had some strong storms last night so I wasn't able to get back on. Always makes me NERVOUS watching the big trees out back sway in the wind. And it doesn't help that the sweet gums (don't know why they call them that because they are not sweet - they are a PITA) are weak trees and we always get bits of branches on the ground - an omen of bigger things to come -- yes of course as she shields her head with her arms - like flabby arms will protect me from a huge tree branch

Well I see that Ruth is coming down the mountain to around my parts. *waves to her from over the state line* Unfortunately I did not get to warn her about the chitlin's. (I hear that they are intestines -ewwwwwwwwww). Never has the courage to eat the grits either. White, grainy mush that apparently you must douse with lots of melted butter and salt. My friend P who is a tried and true Atlanta belle and the MOST health conscious person I know eats her grits with butter and salt which is almost heracy (sp???) She said you know you are a true friend when a southerner will share their grits with you. Rest assured peeps that this southern girl will give you ALL my grits. Have fun Ruth. I hope you get Shad as your waitress cuz she likes to say aiiiigggsss.

Howdy Carla - bumps hips and does a dance. Nice to see you too! And no, I don't think spin class is wussy - quite the opposite. I don't know how people find the strength and endurance to get through one. I'm in tears after 6 minutes on the Life Cycle at level 1 so my hat's off to all of you spinner people and your sore tushies.

Rennie - I think the zoos have figured out that doing something around Halloween is good for attendance and revenue. We have something called Zoo-Boo going on now. Have fun. We will be around the Nashville area that weekend so we won't be able to join you but thanks for the invite.

Shad - you're not in love with this particular assignment? Geez - and here I thought you were just being sympathetic to me while I ranted and raved I still think you'd make a fabulous tour guide. Guess you need to get busy finding the next assignment so you can politely pass if they as you to renew the contract

Ceejay - congrats on doing so well with the numbers. If the leg press is broken you can ask one of your co-workers to stand on the other side of the door and push it closed while you try to push from the other side! Creativity - breaks up a boring day at work. Guess you will be busy today with yesterday's storm activity.

Patty - congrats to you too on great results. We need inspirational people like you around to remind us NOT to eat that cookie.

Rose - sounds like you just need to sit the menfolk down and let them know that they can swing you 'round the dance floor once or twice but other than that you are quite content with you life the way it is. I don't know why some people can't understand that.

Wake up MEL!!!! No Stevie Wonder driving allowed - (driving with the peepers closed). Unless of course you really are psychic but I think that will scare the gray hairs. I am going to wish you a happy but belated bosses day yesterday because we all know that it's YOU running the show no matter what they call the others. We're sending more dreary weather your way so be prepared - and remember - if you let a smile be your umbrella - it means your hair will get all wet

Well my little break was much needed. Was nice to get a few things in order. I did have a meltdown but sometimes you need to hit bottom before you can start the long road up again. I'm still not completely there but doing better than a few days ago.

I'm out of time - got to get off to work. Hello to the chicks I didn't get to respond to. Going to be pretty gusty today. Have to look up the lyrics to Blow the Man Down and sing like a pirate on the way to work. Arrrrrr. Eyyyyeeee Ayyyyyyeeee.
Closed Thread