Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #241  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Ruth throw an egg on for me as well. i'll bring the cinnamon toast and butter!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #242  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Hey hey it's going home day.

Quickie this morning as Capacity planning has stretched my mind and not much is happening here.

Rennie - I agree with Happy - your values count in your house. If they can't accept that, then they are welcome to stay someplace else. There are also your own kids to consider, if you condone that behaviour in your house, so you will have to compromise on your own kids. So keep your own conscience clear and stand up for your beliefs.
Um - were you married at 14 or somethin? My maths ain't that good.

Ruth - no pasta Italian? Okay will it be Osso Bucco with braised veg? Ragout? Ribolita? Caramelised onion frittata? along with tiramisu and gelato and two gallons of Trebiano rose?
Poor Hershey. I do feel for her, they really do know about life and death and they can't vocalise it. Is there any of Lucy's toys around for her to look after and sleep with? Sometimes that helps. The egg won't do too much harm either. Raw ones make for wonderfully shiny coats as well.

Mel - Saturday afternoon your time. Sunday morning my time. Looking forward to that. I need to put it in my calendar too, along with some notes. Get out there and shop for food. Otherwise there will be two of us not eating this weekend. DS2 wont have been shopping in the past 2 months.

Have my bag packed, my boarding pass in hand, book at the ready for reading although that probably won't get done since I will be capacity planning on the plane as well. Unless of course a miracle happens today - and it won't happen unless I get on with it instead of chatting here.

New mantra: - at this desk the impossible is done straight away. Miracles always take a little longer.
or maybe:
I can only be nice to one person per day.
This is not your day
Tomorrow is not looking good either.
or maybe (short and sweet):
Go away, you are an idiot!

At least I don't have the TFG here, all I have is a bunch of loons who can't communicate with each other and cause chaos with whichever part of the system they touch. This morning so far:
No portal
No development client in PM - everything short dumps - last time it did that the PS (projects team) had loaded data which conflicted with nearly every transport (data load) that had gone through in the last month.
No equipment loaded into the Training client - it was there yesterday!!
And the QA (Quality Assurance client ) tells me I don't exist. Oh goodie, does that mean I can get an earlier plane out of here?

Now you may not have completely understood all of the above, but generally speaking it means that someone, somewhere has stuffed up big time and the system is $^@%*! I can see my friend Andre downstairs doing a good impression of the rhino raging across the veldt this morning. This man is actually French, he has spent much time in South Africa, is a towering giant of a bloke and is Taurean - I have little sympathy for the recipient of his rage, but it is a devastating sight to have him come bearing down on you, bellowing oaths and threats and reading your pedigree to you - none of which is repeated (or repeatable) in the first five minutes. Fortunately it can be in 4 languages other than English.

Gotta go, be good or be careful. If you can't be either, make sure you enjoy it.

Last edited by Shad; 10-25-2007 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Typewriter can't spell
Old 10-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #243  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Grrrrr! Checked the trapline this morning and didn't catch one darned mouse although they ate the peanut butter and left me little black caraway seeds. I'm also dealing with a terminally ill freezer. I need to unload it today and transfer my food to the one at the Fair Hall or at Claire's place. Can anyone tell my why Numb Nuts the carpenter and Harry built the closet around the freezer? It has to be taken apart to get at the back to fix it. Actually I think I need a new one.

This week, short as it is, has not been stellar! I think I'll go back to Georgia.

Now I'm going to get another coffee and pet Hershey until Donna arrives to clean.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #244  
Happy September

WHILE RUTH IS PETTING HERSHEY, DREAMING OF GEORGIA AND HAVING ANOTHER CUPPA I BETTER READ AND POST................

SHAD~ I AM READY AND THE PHONE WILL BE PLUGGED IN AND PC TURNED OFF!!! GLAD THE TAUREAN ISN'T AFTER ME! BUT I SURE COULD USE HIM OVER HERE!!

HAPPY~ HOW GOES THE HAIR? ARE YOU USED TO THE COLOR YET? WHEN I GOT UP THIS MORNING I WANTED TO STAY IN BED AND WAS WONDERING IF IT'S STILL WARM BY YOU?! TAKE CARE MY FROGGY FRIEND!!

RENNIE~ I GET IT NOW...I THINK.

FEELING BETTER AND I THINK THE WORST IS OVER. HAD A GREAT SLEEP AND JUST WOKE AROUND 8. EVEN THE GRANDSON SLEPT IN THIS WEATHER SUCKS!! LOL TOO SOON THE COLD AND RAIN AFTER SUCH WARM WEATHER YET AGAIN. BUT IT'S LOOKING LIKE SUMMER IS OFFICIALLY OVER THIS TIME. GET OVER IT MEL
NOTHING NEW AND THAT'S A GOOD THING FOR A CHANGE. NO FOOD SHOPPING. ARM IS TOO SORE TO PUSH A BASKET AND DRIVE A CHAIR HARMONIOUSLY.
ORDERING DOWN THE STREET. HE MAKES GREAT ROAST BEEF ANYWAY....AND I COULD USE A TREAT.
WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT WEEKEND
HAPPY FRIDAY

TO CEEJAY, MADCAT, NAE, HOLLY, LINUS, TIG, WHERE IS TEEL?, AND PATTY.....WHERE HAVE YOU GONE?????????????????????????????? HAVE YOU GOTTEN LOST WITH PAINTER WOMAN AS WELL????????

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-26-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #245  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Zippy do dah chickies

First off - thanks Holly! That's some great stuff and a super way to start off the day in a positive mood. Bet you bowled them over

Ruth - men do things like the cabinet because ... well... they are always brilliant and always RIGHT - no? Sorry to hear about the expense but get yourself a bigger and better one.

Shad - enjoy your trip home. Don't wear yourself out trying to get too much done. Try to get a few restful moments in. Enjoy your convo with Mel - don't burn up the lines

Mel - I have news for you. That chenille robe you lent me - well there's no more "chenille" left. I picked it all off. Wasn't that what you were SUPPOSED to do with chenille? Like popping the bubble pack wrapping. Get nice and cosy - will be sending you some sunshine this weekend. :flow:

Not much else going on here. DH and I are debating about taking a ride to the middle of Tennessee this weekend to look at a house for sale. If we do, it will mean alot of planning today and tomorrow to get a weekend's worth of stuff done in a few hours. Would give us a chance to see some leaf color too but I think it's going to be a dull autumn because of the drought. Trees are too stressed. Well at least thank goodness we are not on fire like California. What a horrid thing.

A big shout out howdy to Ceejay, Madcat, Carla, Rennie and Linus who is ***shudder*** dealing with a houseful of MEN Later chicks...
Old 10-26-2007, 08:51 AM   #246  
Choose your hard

Mel - my hair is doing fine. I'm liking it alot. It looks darker but the blond is very subtle and gives some fabulous shine with the lights on. Maybe I should wear one of those miner's lights on my head just to make my hair shine more

We are still chilly today (hot tamale tomorrow -- sorry) Supposed to warm up nicely tomorrow - a gorgeous sunny day almost 70 degrees. Then it's going to get in the low 60's again but at least we won't have the damp chill.

My sinuses are going bonkers... to you big sis! I'm very glad you are not showing strange men Shad's blow up bed

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-26-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #247  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ruth, when you go back to Georgia, can I come too? Umm, did they not realize that not being able to get at something to repair it was not really what people mean by "built-in" Good luck with the appliance hunt.

Mellie~ Glad you are feeling better. For the first couple of days it was cooler I sort of liked the change, but you are right, now it’s just depressing. Treat yourself as required.

Shad~ If you are losing your mind it is nice that you have company! You are almost there. Keep your eye on the prize, or if that fails, repeat my mantra “Billable hours, billable hours”. Hope you enjoy your time at home… and if you can get the renos done while you aren’t there with the DS contracting, so much the better. I’m sure Mark would agree 100% with your DS1 about the “joys” of help desk, which is why he is retraining to do something else. It has to be one of the most underappreciated jobs in the world.

Rennie~ Crack that whip! Maybe we need to get you a ringmaster outfit and a chair??

Rose~ hope you have a lovely trip.

Linus~ What lovely children you have, but I imagine they are a handful! Yes, I am also a WOW addict and got into it to play with my DH as well, but I’m not good at it.

Happy~ the colours have been really disappointing here too because to the dry conditions. Of course, it has also been unseasonably warm. Hope you have a nice road trip.

Howdy to Ceejay and those who have not posted in the last two pages!

To make myself feel better I have been searching the travel sites to find a winter vacation for the Boy and I. He finishes his classes at the end of Feb and I figure we’ll both need a break from work and school and cold weather by then. We’re thinking Cuba… problem is that I fell in love with this one 5 start resort and now I’m battling the voice of my Fine Old Ontario Family (FOOF) ancestors regarding spending that much on a vacation. Ok, technically I am not a FOOF since my ancestors were Methodist and farmers and not Anglicans and landowners.

And with that I best get by butt in gear and get some work done.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #248  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Go for it, Madcat! My ancestors are Anglican and land owners and I still am so you have my permission.

An internet friend on the garden site just suggested I unplug the freezer and plug it in again AND IT WORKS. Whew! I just saved a bundle - maybe enough for a five star resort in Cuba?

Donna called and cancelled which is OK as the house is in pretty good shape. I am about to start some chicken marinating and a rum cake baking for tomorrow's dinner party and am trying to decide on the rest of the menu. It's going to be wet and cold so soup may be the starter - cream of broccoli with sour cream and red pepper puree swirled in?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Madcat
Cuba--go for it.

Ruth
I may have broccoli soup for lunch. Sometimes the mechanics of the freezer need to be restarted. They collect dust.

Mel--Stay warm.

Happy
My allergies have gone haywire also. Didn't realize that the weather would have anything to do with this.

Didn't have time to go back a couple of pages to read.
This is sorta funny but early Thursday morning about 3 a.m. I sneezed and my nose started bleeding. I'm a liilte paranoid about things like this and took my blood pressure to see if it was high enough to cause this. It was 150/80 but not high enought to casue the nose bleed. whew! I have had a headache all week too. The doc said that I have a sinus infection and gave me an injection along with an rx for allegra d and one for bp meds. The pharmacist told me to not take 2 of the allegra d. I'd be as high as a kite. I asked her about just one she said it would be okay.

I'm a little disappointed that my new coffee table didn't come yesterday. She said she would have it delivered. I'm going to call and see if she can bring it this afternoon. I'm going to Paragould tomorrow.

Weigh in this morning almost matched the doctor's scales yesterday. I'm 180 on mine and was 181.5 on his.

189/180/135

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-26-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #250  

I came home from work 2 hour early. I am just sooooooo wore out. Didn't have anything booked and i am working a full day tomorrow. I put in a full 18 hour day yesterday. I am still coughing with this cold. Made some stew and now I am going to rest. DS goes for therapy at 3:30, home for supper and right out for the halloween party.

I PMed Happy my presentation if anyone else is interested I could d the same. I am feeling great about it. Getting some wonderful feedback. I sure do love public speaking.

HUGS!!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 02:31 PM   #251  
Happy September

HOLLY~ FEEL FREE TO SEND IT. LOTS OF PEOPLE MAKE BIG $$$ DOING MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKING...MAYBE YOUR NEXT PROFESSION???

CEEJAY~ MY NOSE BLEEDS WITH SINUS ANYTHING! LOL HOPE YOURS STOPS NOT WITH THE DRUGS. POOR LITTLE NOSE

RENNIE~ TOO FUNNY ABOUT THE BOY/MAN!! RICHIE'S SON TOLD JEN HE WILL MARRY HER WHEN HE GETS BIGGER

RUTH~ GREAT NEWS ABPOUT THE FREEZER!! I KEEP TELLING JEN..UNPLUG IT AND LEAVE IT ALONE FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN PLUG IT BACK IN...IT SHOULD WORK FOR EVERYTHING...SHE SAID IT DIDN'T WORK FOR RICHIE THOUGH

HAPPY~ HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY RIDE AND FOOK THE HOUSEWORK. IT WILL STILL BE THERE FOR NEXT WEEKEND! ENJOPY THE DRIVE AND THE FALLING LEAVES. MUST BE GORGEOUS RIGHT ABOUT NOW. GLAD THE HAIR IS LOOKING SO WELL.....I PUT ON MY SUNGLASSES JIC

MADCAT~ GO FOR IT....I'LL PLAY DEVIL'S ADVOCATE...GO FOR IT!! AND HAVE A GREAT TIME FOR ALL OF US!! SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME AND ISN'T YOUR MENTAL HEALTH WORTH IT!!!

WHILE ENJOYING MY R& R I FOUND THIS PROGRAM ON CREATE TV, A PBS, CHANNEL:
http://www.delicioustv.com/episodeguide.shtml

SHE HAD A GREAT PORCINI MUSHROOM TOPPING FOR POLENTA AND I WENT TO HER SITE AND FOUND LOTS OF OTHER STUFF.
BEEN QUIET AND I DID NOT STAY DOWNSTAIRS!! DID MY RECYCLING AND CAME RIGHT BACK!! HAVING MY ROAST BEEF SAMMIE NOW AND YUM!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #252  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Crikey talk about a chatty lot. Took me a while to read through that lot.
Well I am home and this keyboard sucks. Guess the grand master of the circus has been chatting and eating or something. Oh no, it is getting better as I go. Must have just needed some one to bash it about abit. Anyway, any spelling mistakes belong to it and not to me - OK???

Dull and boring flight home last night. Still I suppose that's better than the excitement of some plane trips we have from time to time. The house looks like a bomb got in the way of a redevelopment. Full of DS2's stuff from his house and my junk. I'm off shortly to find one of those storage units for rent so we can get some of the stuff out of it and let operation clean up and clear up commence. So I'll be buying packing boxes and getting knee deep in dust. My sinuses will no doubt be telling me about it soon too.

Work yesterday was pretty yucky as well. Not to say we didn't get anything done, we did. However the budgetary reins have been pulled tight and we can't spend anything on training material or anything. Funny thing is that I can work all hours - last weeks billable hours were for 8 days and they didn't blink an eyelid, just signed off. I did actually work longer but decided I will bill out the extras week by week as I won't be working so much overtime anymore. Training starts next Wednesday and we are so not prepared. I don't think I have ever been so not prepared in my life. Not sure whether to bedazzle them with my brilliance or bewilder them with my bullsh*t.

Ruth - Don't go back to Georgia. Too much of a good thing etcetc. Men like to think that they are big on space saving. So if we put the little womans freezer just here and build some doors on front, and make the walls nice and snug, then she won't complain because we have actually made the cupboard smaller than the dimensions she gave us. That gives her more space to hang another knicknack dodaddy there! Brownie points - bonus. Up goes the cupboard and no one stops to work out the ramifications!!! My Mum and Dads carpenter put the freezer in such a spot that you had to shift it to get to the power cord - much less turn it on and off and the electrician, bless his analytical brain, decided to shorten the cord so that Mum wouldn't have to lift it to sweep behind the freezer (like she was going to shift it every other week! Then when things went wrong - you only had to move the freezer a fraction to dislodge the power cord - I think you can all see where this is going! Guess who was the only person agile enough to hang upside down across and behind the freezer to replug it in???
Crikey - your a WASP and a FOOF - how did I ever fit in your house???

Happy, take that trip to Central Tennessee. The house will wait and I doubt that you have made it that dirty that you need to do everything again.
Glad the hair turned out fine and happy hot tamale, whatever that may be. Another something akin to poutine???? (Now that ought to bring Carla out of the ethernet.

Madcat - take that trip. You only live once and there is a whole world out there for the looking. We're hearing a bit about Cuba here now. Wasn't even on the radar a couple of years back. Strange how the world turns.
Help desk - shouldn't that read no-help desk as basically all they ever tell me is I must reboot. Daleks exterminate, help desks reboot. Mind you I have two things I must say to their benefit. Most of the problems are not of their doing, those who make the rules, rarely get to answer help desk queries and I have seen some very bad decisions as far as SOE's go (Standard Operating Environment - it's usually big business that use these, they set up the rules to who gets what, who can access what, and why) And they never have enough servers to cope with the masses of twits like us users and so the help desk cop the flak because the system is slow, stupid, not doing what it oughta etc.etc.etc. They are also expected to know what every stupid Microsoft or SAP message means immediately if not sooner and just because I point to the thing on my screen, doesn't mean they can see it from 10K down the road believe it or not. When I did SAP help desk back in the dim dark ages, I had to have a German dictionary by my side to try to translate some of the stupid messages. It's better now. The messages are in English, they just don't make sense.

Rennie - glad to have been of help. I find living within ones conscience makes for a much easier, saner, more caring life. No conflicts within - so to speak - and therefore no ulcers, reflux or stomach acid because you are so churned up inside trying to justify to yourself your own decisions. Religious or not stick to the courage of your convictions - and it does take courage. Good on ya (Australia's highest accolade I think)

Holly - sure PM me some motivation. Only don't rush to do it because I won't have time to read it until Monday. Sorry to hear that you are still not well, still out there battling to earn the money and still coping with the family.

Mel - you and I will discuss the affairs of the world tomorrow. Have a good day and don't work too hard.

And that is it from this chick. I'm done. Off to harass the staff at the gym - you'll note I didn't say I was going to the gym. And then to the storage container place on the corner of the street where the gym is. Then pack, clean, pack some more, clean some more. Can't start on the kitchen until the stuff is out of the way and the space is clean and clear. Then we can get moving.

See ya
Old 10-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #253  

Hello Ladies,

Been a very busy week. Didn't have time to post. Still trying to read everyone's post. Still working out, don't think i'll get to my goal for the month of Oct. Will work harder in Nov's.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:02 AM   #254  
Happy September

SHAD~ TALK TO YOU LATER.

RENNIE~ GOT THE PM~ LOL

PATTY~ I THINK WE WILL ALL DO BETTER IN NOVEMBER!

DARK AS NIGHT OUTSIDE TURNED ON A LIGHT AND THE GRANDSON GAVE ME A DIRTY LOOK AMD A "GROAN". ME THINKS HE WANTS TO SLEEP IN SOME MORE.
BREAKFAST AND DRY MY WASHED HAIR THEN NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY ME!!!!!!
HAPPY SATURDAY

GOOD MORNING MISS HAPPY!! HAVE FUN "SIGHT SEEING" THIS WEEKEND!!
Old 10-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #255  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Lots of chatting - tough to keep up with you all. So instead I think I'll just sit back with my cuppa and enjoy the conversation.

Happy cleaning Shad. Pull Mel over - I think she's the toss queen. You can do double duty and chat while flinging things Enjoy your phone chat today.

Rennie - I don't have any wrinkles either and I'm older than you. I credit it to the fact that I don't do the sun tan thing. I'm also quite surprised I never got the smoker's wrinkles. Short of having a terribly hard life, I think the sun ages you more than anything. You cleaning tips sound like a page right out of the Fly Lady book.

Mel - next Sunday we move the clocks behind. Should give you a bit more light in the morning but you'll have to get out the matches and light the candles earlier in the evening

Patty - I'm pretty geared up to pump up the exercise in November too. I kind of diddled away October and I have a Christmas holiday goal to get to.

Hope you feel better Holly. Try and get a little bit more sleep since you can't change too much of the other stuff going on right now.

Cuba Madcat? I guess I'm an old fart and I'm thinking Cuba is a place you leave, not a place you visit Then again, I am probably not the one to ask when it comes to places to travel. Hope you find something good.

Ceejay - bummer on the coffee table. Hope it gets in soon. I'm sure you'd like to have the room finished and done with.

Carla - I keep thinking there's something I wanted to say to you but it's constantly alluding me. I'll think of it soon I'm sure. Just call me a ditz...

Ok, I'd better get busy here. We decided we're going to take a drive tomorrow to check out that house. Which means that a weekend's worth of stuff has to get done today. Enjoy your weekend ladies - howdies to the chicks I didn't get to one on one
Closed Thread