Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What type of vacuum do you have at home (choose ALL that apply)
Upright Model with Bags 14 50.00%
Upright Model Bagless 4 14.29%
Canister Model with Bags 6 21.43%
Canister Model Bagless 1 3.57%
Rainbow 4 14.29%
Roomba (new robotic model) 1 3.57%
Central House Vacuum 2 7.14%
Electric Broom 3 10.71%
Other 2 7.14%
I don't own any of the above 0 0%
I own MORE than 1 of the above 3 10.71%
I own MORE than 2 of the above 1 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 09:12 AM   #76  

WOW - I come on for a quick post and before I am finished there are another couple of pages to read!

Deb - I've seen that movie THE IMPORTANT OF BEING ERNEST and wasn't too impressed. It was kind of boring.

Toni - Your recipe for the riceless Spanish Rice sounds good. Will have to give it a try soon.

Well, I have to get going. Haven't had breakfast yet and beginning to feel hunger pangs.

Marie.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:13 AM   #77  

Deb, We were posting at the same time. Yeah I did recoup from all that mess the other day. My house is never ever spotless, I have way to many kids for that to ever happen not to mention the hubby. School seems to be going good for the girls, but today is only their third day, who knows what next week holds in store for them. I never thought about telling someone that about their comments. I normally just say "yeah I have, but with 3 kids what do you expect?" and then just blow them off. I feel that now since I've found this WOE and feel better about myself and the way I've changed the whole family's eating habits, I don't give a flying flip what anyone else cares, plus there's no one I have to try to impress anymore except myself.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:28 AM   #78  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

I'm on with AOL TECH as I seem to be having some problems all of a sudden with my computer. It asked me to update my security info and then, when I did, I started getting an error message popping up over and over. So, wyh I wait, I figured I'd get in a post!

TONI, sorry I forgot to mention I did get your P/M with your telly and I will most definitely give you a buzz, just not sure when and what time, but if I don't find you in, I promise to try, try again Thanks for sharing that recipe you found over ont he SOBE boards-sounds good! Keep up the great work of staying OP, you're doing great!

ROSALIE, congrats on this weeks loss and for just about getting back to your low-it's a'coming! Hmm, wonder if I should bother with that movie now. Thanks for your input.

JEC, people just don't plain out think - can't care about what people like that ever think!

Okay, I'm outta here again.

Deb
Old 08-20-2003, 10:02 AM   #79  

Hoping this will work, if so, this is ELI and ME taken at my cousins wedding almost 2 weeks ago, I'm sure those of you who know me see the BIG difference!
Old 08-20-2003, 10:05 AM   #80  

Ick! That came out terrible, it really doesn't look that blurry when I see it, and ELI really has eyes! Hmmm, wonder if I can find a way to make it clearer - until then, that's the ugly mug you have to look at!

Going to try another way, different pic of my DAD and MICHAEL & LAUREN
Old 08-20-2003, 10:07 AM   #81  

I give up! No better and poor MICHAEL looks like he has a monkey mouth! Oh well
Old 08-20-2003, 10:07 AM   #82  

Angry My First WIW

Well it is my first WIW since I began SB. I lost 8 LBS. Thanks for all the encouragement.

SB since 8/11/03
274/266/200 first goal
Old 08-20-2003, 10:44 AM   #83  

Height: 5' 7"

Default WIW

I wish the woosh fairy had dropped by my house but no deal. I'm up 1 from last week. So basically staying in the same range as the last 18 months. I had to drag my weary bones out of bed to walk this morning but God is good and we got in our 4 miles. It took right at an hour. The kids got a kick out of coming with. They didn't walk but got to play on the neighbors trampoline. Now I'm trying to get them to focus on school.

Toni....WTG getting in that treadmill time and staying OP.

Deb....the pictures came out nice. They are not blurry. You are so pretty. You look soooo young.

Rosalie...wtg on the 1/2 pound...every little bit adds up.

Daisey...good deal losing a pound this week.

Woodfrogs...awesome on the weight loss. You are doing super!!

Hey Kim...two more down..WTG! And with all your walking and riding I'm sure more will keep sliding off.

tysgrammy....congratulations on your 8 pounds. Keep up the good work.

Well, I have things to move so I can lay down a few more tiles today. They are peel and stick but I have to lay some glue down to make sure they stay in place...messy..yucky...

Have a blessed and super day.

Love,
Crystle

235/155/140-135---someday...
Old 08-20-2003, 10:58 AM   #84  

Yippee! I'm down 5 lbs on my first WIW. I know some if it is water weight, but I'm still thrilled. Just 5 more lbs and I'll be where I was when I started regaining what I had lost before. Just 7 more lbs and I'll have my first 25 lb loss since Christmas. Deb, you told me to take it in small steps so I'm just thinking about the 7lbs for now, then I'm going to set 10lb goals.

Deb, I'm sorry about your GM passing. When my dad died, I mourned him passing, of course, but I really mourned the fact that now he and I would never have the chance to have the relationship I would have liked to have with him. Of course, it wouldn't have happened anyway, but that's what was on my mind. Your GF may surprise you. Even though they had been together for so long, he now has a opportunity for peace and harmony in his life that may have been missing. I've seen this happen before and the remaining partner lived a lot of years filled with joy and happiness.

Wow, I love your pix of you and Eli. You're a beautiful couple!

Monet - Congrats on getting back OP. At my last checkup, the doc told me I am officially pre-diabetic. This was a great incentive to change my life. I've found a WOE that works, now I just have to motivate myself to (yuk!) exercise!

Quilter - I wrote down the 17 words and I'm going to keep them with me. They really are good words to live by.

Ange - So glad your little one is okay. I have grandchildren now, but I remember scarey times with my own. My DGS had a ruptured appendix a couple of years ago and one of my DGD had the RSV virus that is so dangerous to babies. Both are doing great now.

Toni - Thanks for the rice dish recipe. I'm going to try it soon.

Tysgrammy - 8 lbs!! Wow! Keep up the good work.

Speaking of work, I had better do some. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Marilyn
Old 08-20-2003, 11:08 AM   #85  

I'm so excited. Despite the "bad" weekend and the pizza I choose to eat last night (2 slices with sausage) I'm down another 1.5 for a total of 6.5 so far. I'm not sure why this happened, but I'll take it.

I am now off to meet with DM and the photographer. I hope my IBS doesn't act up. It usually does when I'm nervous. I just keep trying to tell myself that it can't get any worse, so don't fret. We'll see if I can "self talk" myself into believing that.

I'll check back later for individual replys. In the mean time I want to thank:

Quilter for her MayoClinic and wheat gluton allergy suggestion, although I have to admit I haven't had time to look it up yet. Hopefully thins afternoon.

And Beachfan and Pancho thanks for the fiber suppliment recommendations. I'm going to go to the drug store today and see which ones they have. With internship starting in less than two weeks I'm going to need something to help with the IBS. My nerves are always a reck when I start something new.

Be back later (assuming the photographer doesn't kill me ).
Steph
Old 08-20-2003, 11:12 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

You ladies are killing me. I had over 3 pages to read and it has taken me an hour and a half.

Congrats to all the losers today. Great going. The rest of us, just hang in there and stay Op and it will happen.

made it though the mexican dinner last night. Took my pita chips (Deb i bought them at the HFS) nd got the taco salad and only ate the insides. I still think it was too much food as I was stuffed when we left and not hungry this morning.

Speaking of, I brough yogurt and cheerios to add to the yogurt for breakfast and it is in the fridge and there is a meeting going on and I can't get it. Now I'm really hungry. Will probably just wait for lunch now.

Deb, hope youare not too bored. That's sweetof you to help your mom out. i think the waffles were Wheatstone brand (I'll check on that) and they were actually pretty good. they were whjiter than I expected too. I hope they were legal. I can't believe your prescription was wrong. Sure hope they get it right and they suit you. Congrats for still staying Op, but I knew you would. You are a pro at this. Great pics. And you don't look any bigger. Give yourself a break. Loved the pics of the kids. Michael looks so studious (as he is) and Lauren looks like you. She doens't look overweight to me. Very pretty.

Crystle, now you know that lasagna weighed at least 3 pounds. it will be gone tomorrow. Your clothes have to be fitting looser with all that walking. I had a heavy dinner last night also and the scale was up too. thanks for the wishes for DD. I'm sure she will have a greaet year, at least in the partying dept. She is going back a week early just to party. just what a mother wants to hear.

pancho, yes you can use the regular oats in the carton. But i believe the amount is 1/4 cup. Not much is it?

Jecrites, don't push those kids out the door just yet. It is hard when they leave. I get teary eyed everytime DD leaves to go back on the weekends. She is only an hour away. Tonight will be our first night of "empty nest". Interesting

willow, glad you fond the right spot. Join in anytime.

Gator, is this carnetine just for wt loss or does it do something else? Is is safe to take with other meds? Curious minds want to know.

Sef, i had to laugh at your description of the buffets. I have they same problem, just don't know when to quit. That's why I stay away fromt hose things. Just jump right back on track, you will be fine. i'm glad you joined the quartet. i bet you sound wonderful.

Bob, I'll try that weighing at 9:30. Hope the office doesn't mind me stripping down and getting on the scale:LOL:

Monet, how about some fruit to curb that hunger? It's not fun working with someone that doesn't like you. I don't understand how she can not like you, you are so sweet. Maybe you should try to talk to her about it. I work with a guy from India, and even though his English is pretty good, it wears me out trying to converse. i really have to think and listen.

Ange, you baby sounds so precious. Those days are long gone and I can't wait to be a GM. In case deb does not get back on today, the pot pies are by Shelton. You can get them at your health Food Store (hopefully) they are the whole wheat one, not the organic. they are realy good.

Fruit, congrats on day 2 and the lbs. hey, take them how you can get them, who care what they are. Now go for day .

Toni, for you as well. One day at a time. Now make it 3.

Kim, :Clap: Wtg on the 2.2 pounds. You will be at that low for sure next week.

Woodfrongs. 4.5 pounds is awesome. and 36 pounds is awesome too. You are doing great. keep up the good work. this is a great WOE.

Daisy, congrats on the 1 lb. You are doing great.

Rosalie, congrats on that 1/2 lb you will be back at your low in no time.

tysgrammy, 8 pounds! WOW! is that in a week? You are doing great. Bet you are really motivated. keep up the good work.

Libra, Wow 5 lbs is great Little goals are a good idea. Plus reward yourslef when you hit them. Buy yourself something.

have a great day. Maybe I will get to check in later.

Jackie
Old 08-20-2003, 11:13 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Bashful, we were posting at the same time. congrats on the 1.5 pounds. You are doing great. i always get the big "D" when I get nervous. fun isn't it?

jackie
Old 08-20-2003, 11:37 AM   #88  

Wow just kind of checked back in and theres tons of posts. I just made me some legal coleslaw and have some bread dough going. I'm going to make some straight whole wheat bread. I think it will probably be really heavy but thats okay.

Rosalie-Are you still busy with all those activities you used to do? You were always cooking something yummy too.

jecrites- Wow three kids much keep you really busy. What a wonderful thing you can teach them while they're young to eat right. I wish I could have done that with my boys.

Debelli- I love your pictures I think they came out really good. You have such a nice looking family.

tysgrammy- Wow a great big yelp and a happy dance for you. 8 lbs is wonderful. You rock lady!!!

CountryMom- Your walking is short of amazeing!!!! That lb. will be back off next week.

Libra- Great job on the 5 lbs. Sounds like you've been working hard at SB!!! Keep the good work up.

bashful- Good luck with the photographer!!! There should be a little more bounce in your step cause of that weight loss this week.

Jack-K- Good job with the mexican food. Wish our HFS got those pita chips. They would sure help.

Okay off I go again. Congradulations all you losers!!!!
Old 08-20-2003, 12:11 PM   #89  

HOLY SMOKES...sometimes I get on here, and nada....today there is so much to read. I LOVE IT!!

WIW was good to me, I guess (124.5). I haven't changed much. I was 126 a few days ago, but I seem to fluctuate those few pounds. I did get my workout in this morning. I got up at 5:00 to get to the gym by 6:00, so I could get my workout in prior to hubby going to work. I ate a slice of zucchini bread before I left and then came home and had some yogurt with nuts & flax seed meal in it. I am so hungry when I work out, but I also drink lots more water.

I keep forgetting to mention snacks. Some of my favorites are grapes, cantaloupe, string cheese, frozen berries, Triscuits with Laughing Cow Lite cheese spread, Triscuits in oven with pepper cheese and salsa or pepperoni slices, boiled egg, yogurt, Iced Cappacinno mix that I make with sugar free mocha mix. That's all I can think of right off the bat.

We are going to be staying home today, so I'll be able to keep up-to-date on the latest on the boards. We get to go meet my daughter's kindergarten teacher tomorrow. I told her I would take her to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch since we will be out anyway. She loves to play the games and get tickets for prizes. I like the fact that they have a buffet with all the pizza and salad you can eat. I usually get 3-4 slices of pizza and eat the toppings as well as a big salad.

BOB: How do you mix the 3-minute oats with steel cut. I know I had to cook the steel cut for 10 minutes; what does that do to the 3-minutes oats?

angehaley: So glad to hear your baby is doing better; bless her heart. My daughter seems to be having some problems with the Lactose in milk, even though she was on a milk-based formula. She is drinking Lactaid right now (she is 13 months old). How long did it take me to lose my weight? Well, I started Atkins in March & did that for two months and lost 10-12 pounds, but they were very touchy pounds. I started SugarBusters the beginning of May and had reached my goal weight by mid-July. So, I have kept it off now for a month. I've lost 27.5 pounds as of this morning. I can't believe it still. It was so gradual for me, I guess I still don't see it as much as everyone else does. AND, I can have the occasional splurge without gaining 5 pounds and feeling guilty. I really had to learn moderation! The International Coffees that you mentioned....what are they sweetened with? Is there any aspartame in them? I'd like to check them out. I have a great mix for cold coffee, but not sure how it would be hot.

fruit: WAY TO GO STAYING ON PLAN ANOTHER DAY!!!

Toni48: WAY TO GO STAYING ON PLAN ANOTHER DAY!!!

bashful: Good luck with the photographer meeting. Congrats on the loss.

Monet: Who cares if you are having too many starchy carbs....one step at a time. As long as you are eating the legal stuff, you can cut back when you feel o.k. doing so.

Sef: I'm sure you have a beautiful voice! As long as you are having fun doing it, go for it!

Quilter: Congrats on the 2.2 pound loss on your nightly weigh-in. Speaking of weighing in naked, I was at my ob/gyn when I was pregnant, removing my shoes, socks, etc...and the nurse said, "it's not like he's never seen you naked, go for it." Although tempted, I didn't do it. Naked & pregnant in front of the front office, no thanks.

Gator: Thanks for the info. A lot of MD's will prescribe meds over anything remotely natural. It seems like they are not into preventative medicine, just fixing something once it breaks. I hope your thyroid problems get resolved.

Wood: You're doing fantastic. 36 pounds in 3 1/2 months; you should be so proud of yourself!

daisey: I can relate to ear infections. My 13-month old has had many. When she was 2-months old, she had an ear infection that lasted two months, and was put on 4 different antibiotics for it. She has had at least 3-4 since. I cannot stand having her on antibiotics, but there's no other remedy at this point. I hope your daughter is better soon. It is miserable for them, and you!

Deb: Good job staying on plan another day! That's great that your kids brag about the great garage sale deals. Maybe it is more widely accepted these days. I will never forget when I was in 8th grade, and the boy I liked lived down the street. They were having a garage sale and my mom said she was going to go see what they had. I begged her not to, but she did anyway....and she BOUGHT something. Could you imagine. I was so embarrassed that the encyclopedia set that was now in my house was bought from the garage sale of the cutest boy in school. What if the news got out that my mom shopped at garage sales....ha! So silly now, but quite the embarrassment then. I have thought about what you said about the doggie door, and it has crossed my mind, but there is never a time that our dogs are not here, and they wouldn't let anyone come through that door that didn't belong here. I know you don't think the pictures turned out well, but I do, and it is nice to put faces with names.

Rosalie: Great job being within 1/2 pound of your lowest. That should make you very proud.

tysgrammy: Congrats on the 8 pounds; that is fantastic. You should be proud of yourself.

Libra: 5 pounds; way to go. Keep up the good work.

Jack: Too much of the right food is still better than a little of the wrong food, right? Glad you enjoyed the dinner out.

Well, better go....I'd sure hate to lose this post somehow.

I'll check in later. Take care, all.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:54 PM   #90  

Wink WIW

Hi Everyone...

WOW...I can't keep up with all the posts. Between my work and the kiddos starting back to school, lightening storms and homework I can't seem to get on the computer.

I did read all the posts and Congrats to everyone. Everyone has either lost weight, stayed the same - which is just as good, or been OP...

I am the same as on Monday when I weighed in at WW. 171 I think last week I was 173 or 172 on WIW so I am still steadily losing.

Well have to run. Hugs to ALL
Closed Thread