Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 10-17-2004, 10:57 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/18-10/24

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...881#post695881

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:57 PM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Not sure when I'll be able to get in a post - but, here's the
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
for you all to start the week with - I like them both

WHO YOU CAN BECOME

What you truly desire is indeed possible. If it were not possible, you could not have the genuine desire for it.
Your true desire is not there to taunt you or to frustrate you. Its purpose is to point your attention, your efforts, and your energy in a clear, specific, worthwhile direction.

The desires that demand the most from you are the ones that end up being the most valuable. For those desires compel you to discover and fulfill who you truly are.

It is not easy to transform a desire into reality. And that is one reason you desire it, to encourage you to get it done.

It is not easy, yet it is possible. And in pursuing your most desired possibilities, you more fully become the unique and valuable person you are.

Listen to your highest desires, see them, feel them and bring them to life. In those desires you'll discover who you can become.

-- Ralph Marston

GOAL OF THE JOURNEY

Momentum can be difficult to establish. And that's what makes it so valuable.

When you're committed to a journey of a thousand miles, a few steps in the wrong direction can't possibly bring you down. But if you have no overall direction, each negative step can seem devastating.

If the little things are constantly bringing you down, that's a sign that the big things aren't compelling enough. If the minor annoyances seem like major setbacks, then work on looking beyond them.

There is some purpose that will lift you above whatever setbacks may come. There is some purpose that will compel you to positive action, even when the circumstances of the moment work against you.

There is some reason you want what you want. There is some desire that drives all your desires.

Look beneath the surface of your day-to-day life and ask why. Dig deeply and discover the rich, special purpose that makes you who you are.

Focus your attention on the goal of the journey. And you'll hardly even notice the detours along the way.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 10-18-2004, 07:10 AM   #3  

Good Morning! I slept much better last night. Tom and James brought the recliner up to our bedroom and I slept in it. I only woke up twice, once to go to the bathroom and the second time I took some pain meds. I feel better, and can move better today. I will probably spend a good bit of time in the reciner over the next few weeks. Its very comfie to sit and read in it too.

I got really bad news yesterday. My sister called and told me her husband died. They were seperated, but not divorced. He was an alcoholic and she did not want to get a divorce but had to leave him for the kids sake. She was to have brunch with him, and went over to get him, and found him dead on the floor. I am devastated for her, and that I can't go up there and help her make arrangements and get through all this. I feel rather frustrated.

I am still trying to eat sensibly, but not worrying about being totally OP. Last night, Tom fixed me some more of the filet mignon that our young friend brought over. I had garlic mashed potatoes along with it, and asparagus. I did try some of the potato salad that someone brought over, and couldn't eat even half of the bit Tom brought me. It just did not sit well in my tummy.

I will be around off and on today. I hope I will not be the only person posting.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:31 AM   #4  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Okay, don't die from shock with seeing this. Honestly, I've tried to sit down numerous times to post and SOMETHING always gets in the way or comes up. I could of easily posted a quick "Hello" many times, and maybe that would of been better than nothing (as I've told so many others in the past) but I didn't because I REALLY wanted to post a normal post - so here I am, at least as best I can be.

Seriously, my life is so mundane! Anyone who really knows me knows, normally, my life is uneventful and quite boring. It just seems within the last year that things turned around, and frankly, I'm not crazy about all this. I don't like, or take well, to change easily. I liked being able to come on the computer, posting numerous times a day, surfing the web for great information to share, exercising 6 days a week, etc. etc.

Anyhow, I can't really turn back the hands of time, and now, have to deal with life as the cards are dealt to me, and do what has to be done. I thought life after MICHAEL left for school would be different - darn tootin right, they're different, but not the way I had thought. With all that happened with my parents property, that REALLY threw me for a big loop. They have been home for a couple weeks now, thank goodness, but I continue to help in this area, but thankfully, nowhere as when all this crap took place. I thank G-D they are home, so many other things have transpired between then and now. I'm glad they weren't home when it happened and I think they came back at the right time. So, this is one of those things that I am still working with.

In the interm, this has taken away time, not only from being on the board, but getting my house in order as I had planned and making some funds doing Ebay. I am now trying to find the time to work on the house. I've been working in MICHAEL'S disaster, I mean room, and it's "getting there" but still have a lot to do. For me, it's detail that bothers me the most. To explain a little...MICHAEL has a LOT of furniture in his bedroom, queen size bed, nightstand, 2 large dressers that all match & a large mirror (a desk and cubby shelving are there too, but not part of the set). MICHAEL has ruined many parts of this set, wet cups on the wood, broken drawers from stuffing too many clothes in them, finish being taken off because of wet towels, gosh knows what the **** he did to other parts! Anyhow, as part of my CLEANING his room, I had these wood markers that help fill/hide many of these blemishes and I've been in there for hours trying to fix all these problems. Things you wouldn't notice or ever bother fixing drives me batty. It drives LAUREN batty that I do these things when there's so many other things people do take notice of that should be done. BUT, this is me and I'm doing it. We won't even talk about dusting, which isn't completed in there yet, but boy, let me tell you in one word from what I have done - GROSS!!!!!!!!

I have probably another full 8-10 hours in there, but there too is another problem, I get bored easily and don't finish anything in one shot, I move around and do other things. Like last night, I was cleaning the panes from the door going in to the family room (those of you who've come to visit know what I'm talking about). LAUREN just rolled her eyes and laughed at me, that I was doing this, when, once again, there were more important things to do. So, there's not one room in my house completed, so it looks like nothing is really done, or that I haven't done much. But, in actuality, I've done a lot, just not stuff you would see.

My cabinets in my kitchen have NEVER been cleaner. I discovered the MR. CLEAN MAGIC ERASERS! OMG, if you haven't tried them, you MUST! Go to this link and sign up for a FREE SAMPLE! http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrclean/index.shtml I'm hooked for sure! I've been cleaning everything imaginable in my home! The walls look like they've been repainted without being so, the scum on my glass shower door, GONE! I love these. I'm on a roll and hope to continue my cleaning job, but it's taking time. I guess, if I really think about it, I haven't done deep cleaning in.....in....um, NEVER! So this is not going to be an overnight job, that's for sure.

Ebay, what's Ebay? That fell to the wayside too. I need to get back in to this, and this too takes up a lot of time. I need the money, at least to pay for my storage fees. I'm hoping to get back in to it next week, at least until early December. I won't do it during the holidays - I'm not standing in those dang PO lines!!!!

In the meantime, I thought I'd make a little money trying to do some mystery shopping jobs. I got my foot in the door with one company, the pay sucks, but I figured I'd take what they offered just so they could see I was reliable. Was a bit worried when they stated that you needed to have great grammar and punctuation - never did well in punctuation 101, grammar is okay. I guess they were happy with my first shop evaluation because they immediately asked me to do another, and then two more. I did two for a high end stereo company and 2 for Cingular. Wasn't worth the time for the money though and think this time would be better spent doing Ebay instead. They asked me to do a steak house this Sun or Mon - seems soooo much more work that I'm just not comfortable in taking the assignment and may decline it.

I haven't had any time to read the boards, so I'm definitely out of touch with what's been going on. Even the other evening, just called MONET to say hello and thank her for doing the boards, only to find out, the next day she was having surgery! Glad I called, but felt awful I didn't know what was going on. I'm sure there's been so much happening with you all that I haven't known, and I'm sorry for that. Sorry for missing anyone's birthday too.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes sent. Again, I thought I'd have time on my birthday to get on the board, was going to be a present to myself - time to get on the board. Well, THAT didn't happen either! I got, once again, sidetracked with all the telephone calls that started early that morning. Then, my MOM came over to give me my card a we decided to spend the day together, and went out to lunch. I thought I wasn't going to do anything that day - LAUREN was at school, ELI was at work, but nope, was wrong. Birthday was uneventful. Got $$$ from MOM & DAD, always helps to pay the bills with. LAUREN got me a nice I LOVE MOM frame and ELI got me gorgeous flowers, a STARBUCKS giftcard and two pedicure with foot-rub sessions that I have yet to make an appointment to get done - just haven't had the time, but have to make it because it expires in 90 days. MICHAEL, I got a phone call-was just happy he remembered.

Speaking of talking with MONET, I mentioned to her the other day that it use to be that I would have all this time in the morning, esp. on Mondays to start the board, before taking the kids to school. I'd wake up and work on the board, throw on a housecoat or jacket over my nightie and take them to school and come back. Well, with my car having almost 111K miles on it and it acting up a lot, my morning time I use to have is spent taking a shower and getting fully dressed for the day. I explained to MONET that I was afraid that my car would break down and I'd get stuck on the side of the road in my nightie!!!! Not a pretty sight, that's for sure. People would hear there was a UFO sighted on the side of the road- someone from the UGLY FEMALE ORGANIZATION - and it's NOT a pretty sight!

Well, wouldn't you know my luck! I put a kunahora (Jewish word for curse) on myself! The next day, (thankfully, this was AFTER I dropped LAUREN off at school,) my car broke down! It had been making a "new" funky noise the day before and I had wanted to take it in to be serviced, but once again, things didn't go as I had planned and I didn't get it in. Anyhow, I hear a "pop" and I see some circular piece, red from it being so hot, I guess, roll out across the street from my car. I pulled over to the side of the road and called ELI, who thankfully, was home. I restarted the car and realized it was able to be driven, just didn't have any power steering. Luckily, I was only 4 short blocks from home, less than a half-mile, so I made my way home. My MOM came over after the traffic died down because she has AAA, and I don't. We had the car towed to my mechanic (who knows my car, all too well) and it was there until Friday. A pulley and belt needed to be replaced, along with some power steering fluid. So, $200 later, I have my car back.

Of course, this all has to take place the day after I had my tooth pulled! I'm a blue-light special, a freak of nature. Not only did I keep my baby fat, but one baby tooth as well. I never had a big tooth under my baby tooth to push it out, so this just stayed. With time, it started to rot and almost a month ago, I started to get an infection. At first, it wasn't too bad, really didn't bother me, but then I noticed my gum was REALLY red and ummmm, there was pus. OMG, I have NEVER smelled anything so bad in my entire life (sorry if you are munching on something, don't mean to ruin anyones meal). I finally called the dentist, I was scheduled for a cleaning the following week, but explained my problem. They had a cancellation for the following day, so I went. They cleaned my teeth, as gross as it was, and scheduled me to come in last Wednesday to pull my tooth. Boy, that baby was gross! The dentist told me usually, something like this takes him about a half-hour - I was there for 1 1/2 hours! He said I made him work There was so much to do, he had to stitch up my gum. I have to go back next week for him to check it - feel like I have a crater in my mouth, and you can drive a Mack truck through it! Of course, the bigger shocker was that for him to put in an implant will cost me between $2500-$3000 I may have to get use to this space - insurance doesn't cover this and I sure don't have the money to do this - heck - I'd much rather do a face lift!!!!

Eating has been great, have no complaints. Haven't lost any weight in well over a month, but that's okay. If I was able to get in some exercise, I'm sure it would move, but not only do I not have the time, I honestly have no desire. My right knee is so stiff at times, though I'd probably find walking would help. I need to get back in to it again!

ELI, let's see, not sure what I posted last, but since his heart problems, he has found he's borderline diabetic. He has all these prescriptions to take, it looks like a pharmacy in our house. He has to go for another stress test and eventually, have the other 2 arteries that are at 40% taken care of, but hopefully, that won't be in the very near future. He's eating a lot better and taking better care of himself. Sucks that it takes something like this to make someone turn things around.

LAUREN is doing well. She's so busy it's not funny. I thought I was carting her here and there before, that was nothing! She's in to so many things, if I told them all to you, it would make your head spin. It seems each day there's something new, or someplace new to take her. Just last week she was inducted in to the National Honor Society. She tells me the day before about the ceremony, says she was too busy to tell me before that - PALEESE! She just got the part of the Queen of Hearts for Alice in Wonderland at the Children's Theater which will be in December.

MICHAEL seems to be doing well at school. I didn't hear from him this weekend. I try not to call him as he calls me enough. His father is going up there to see him for parents weekend this week. My MOM and LAUREN are making cookies for him. I just sent him a box about a week and a half ago with lots of goodies. Sent a bunch of Halloween decorations that I got at the dollar store - he said everyone loved them, and no one else had any decorations up - their dorm is the first one you see as you enter the building. He's had mid-terms last week and this week, so he's been busy. I hope he can take some time while his father is there, he's only going to be there for 48 hours. He's complaining it's getting cold up there - as the song goes "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!" He's going to find out what cold REALLY is!!!!!

I have been in touch via e-mail with SEF. She's still away and wanted to let everyone know she's been thinking about them. Also, TRANQUIL has been busy too. I've spoken to SOLSHINE a time or two, and of course, BOB, I speak to her-when she's off the computer!

Anyhow, I will try to make an effort to get on a little more. I hate when I can't reply to everyone, but again, will just have to wing it and do what I can, when I can. I wish I could do more, or promise more, I just can't, at least not at this time.

MONET, thank you once again for all you've done for me, and for the board. I'm glad to know you are doing better and are feeling good. So, did those fibroids weigh at least 10lbs???? Sorry to hear about your sisters husband, had he been ill? That must of been a terrible experience for her.

Everyone else, I send you lots of hugs and good wishes. I hope to get on here and see what's been going on with you later on today. I don't have to p/u LAUREN from school today, so I plan to get on here and take the time I would of been driving to get her, to get on the board.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 10-18-2004, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies.

It is storming horribly here. Reain is expected all week again.

I had a good weekend. I'll say 90% legal. Friday night we didn't get dinner so I had a soft pretzel, 3 fires and 3 chicken tenders (cold). Wine. Got a 2 miles walk in SUnday. Plus the scale was down 2 this morning. All in all I was pleased.

Monet, so glad to see you back on the board. Sounds like you are doing good. So sorry to here about your BIL. I know you feel badly that you can't help her, but I'm sure she understands. Call her alot. Take care of yourself and don't over do.

Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:52 AM   #6  
Goddess

Morning all!

Deb--It's so good to hear from you again! Sounds like it has been quite a year for you, but I hope you can make the time to visit with us on a regular basis again.

Monet--I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL. I know you want to be there for your sister and help her through this. I'm sure your sister understands.

BOB--Saturday was a good day! AU is # 3 in one poll and it is looking more and more like it will be AU and UT in Atlanta!

Jackie--It's supposed to be icky weather here too. Nothing like an icky Monday!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:07 AM   #7  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Went to work this morning and made it almost two hours before I had to turn around and come back home! Just made it in the door slung my purse and lunch bag and ran for the toilet....yep...the back door trots and plus I have an upset stomach and may have to resort to the finger down the throat thing! I started a new antibiotic this morning and took it before eating breakfast...that could be it...not sure...but I'll try it again tomorrow~!

Susan...I say we shoot for Atlanta, stay with Monet and she can hold our heads over the procelian GOD after getting drunk at the ballgame! By then, she should be well enough to hold them both at the same time!

JACKIE...stay dry girlfriend! That should get those leave turning up there.
Got any plans to go down to Keeneland?

MONET...Glad you feel better today. Get all the rest you can get...You'll need it! FILET sounds wonderful... I'm sorry about your BIL, but God works in strange ways sometimes and this might be his way of taking the burden from your Sister. Please send her our thoughts and prayers. Don't worry about not being there to help...MONET NEEDS HELP NOW...not the other way around! She will understand.

We got some good news in the newspaper this morning AIRTRAN is coming to SARASOTA!!! That will get me to Cathys without having to drive to Tampa for a good airfare! Supposed to start on Dec 17th! They are starting with a 1yr contract and then go from there.

I'm off to get some rest...I'll check in later...maybe I'll shoot up to MONET's and let TOM take care of me too! MOVE OVER GIRL...I'M HEADING TOWARD THE RECLINER!!!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:27 AM   #8  
Thin Girl in fat Girl bod

S/C/G: 267/215/200

Height: 5'6

Default Hello..I'm back

Ok...well I lost 10 lbs trying Atkins..so now I'm down to 200lbs. Now, I want
to come back to Sugarbusters, and hopefully lose the remaining 50 that I need.
For me it's not necessarily how much weight, but moreso how I look. I want to
lose my belly ...People have a hard time sticking with Atkins. I wish I could, but I miss all the variety of
different foods. To answer the question he asked...I gained my weight by
eating at McDonalds, BurgerKing, etc,etc..eating junk food and not exercising.
I'm trying to eat better, and in the meantime lose enough weight to really WOW
my husband when he gets back from Kuwait in March. We have been married 4 years
and he has never once seen me thin. I think it would be such a pleasant shock
for him. I understand that this isn't a quick weightloss plan, but what I'm
hoping for is that going from being the Junk Food Queen, to eating healthy and
exercising that I will do just that...lose weight. I'm glad that I have this
board to come to for support, I think I can control my eating, but I do need
exercise assistance I get quite lazy...I'm thinking of joining Curves.
Hopefully I can pick up on that.
CarolNEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Deb, so glad to hear from you. Sounds like a whirlwind year. I truly think 2004 stinks and will be glad when it is over. I'm sure you agree. What is a mystery shopping? Sure hope you can find time to join us, we miss you. Just not the same w/o you to lead us.

Susan, Auburn is looking good. This could get interesting btweeen you and BOB.

BOB. Sorry to hear you are sick again. Got to take those meds with food. Hope that is all it is. Regarding your epidural.. I drive myself there and back with no problem. I don't even get anything to numb it.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:36 AM   #10  

Good Morning:

Gheez, where do I start? I haven't been able to read all the posts yet from last week.

Thursday, Britt had her first evaluation with a Physical Therapist at 6:30 p.m.; she has been a toe-walker since she started walking, and sees a Orthopedic Surgeon once a year. He wants her to try P.T. until March, and see if there are any changes, and if not....we may be looking at surgery down the road a bit. We didn't get home and get her to bed until almost 9.

Friday, my DH and I actually went out to dinner. We went to Rock Bottom for dinner (not legal), and then went over to Bahama Breeze for a milkshake (not legal)...do you see a pattern here? I was not legal almost all weekend....gosh, I gotta get in control.

Saturday morning I went to the gym, and didn't work out. I sat in the jacuzzi for 30 minutes (TOM hit that morning when I got up). I then went to Wal-Mart, Sprouts, Starbucks, Costco (for eye exam & groceries). I got home after noon, and had to get stuff done around the house before I left for a quarter auction my Mom's Club was having. It was a blast....I only won a beanie baby basket and a $30 gift card for Best Buy (out of 104 items auctioned off), but I had a wonderful time, and all the money we raised went to charity. They had wings that were donated by a pizza shop and all kinds of pastries and cookies that Paradise Bakery donated (so no, I was not good). The bad eating continued on in until yesterday, and I am so disgusted and ashamed that I fully intend to come on here and report that I have been 100% OP all week. I am even thinking of doing a fast for a few days. I know that if you do these all the time that it's not good for your body, but I've never done one, and thought it would be good to clean the body out...who knows.

I plan to exercise every day this week. I won't be able to go Saturday since we will be going to our pumpkin festival that we go to every year. And, I always take Sundays off from exercise. So, M-F, I should be posting on the exercise board.

I ordered a new exercise program from Beachbody (the one that has the Slim in Six program that Heart & I do). This one is a resistance program using resistance bands. It was developed by a retired football player who claims that resistance bands are even more effective than free weights, and states that professional athletes have been training this way for years. There are tapes that target different areas, and each tape only lasts 10 minutes, so you can do a few different areas, or just do one after a cardio workout, etc...They also have index cards, so you can take your band and cards with you when you travel. Sounds like I am doing an infomercial. Anyway, it sounds great, and I'll let you all know how it is. I want to find some stuff to keep me motivated for working out during the holidays.

Anyhow....on to a few replies from this week's posts.

Monet: I am so glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are doing so much better. Don't worry too much about your eating right now; there will be plenty of time for that. You just eat whatever anyone is willing to feed you . I am so sorry to hear about your sister's situation. Try not to feel bad about not being there; you have to look out for Monet right now.

Deb: Good to see your posts. It's funny how such an intelligent, gifted child could be such a slob, eh? . I guess he has always channeled his energy elsewhere. I can't wait to try the magic erasers now; you've sold me on them. I used to do mystery shopping too. I worked for a private investigation firm for about 5 years, and that was one of the many services we provided. I was paid salary so I didn't have to accept what they paid most of the shoppers. Good thing too....I worked undercover at a Wendy's Restaurant once, and I wouldn't have worked there for the wage they were paying their people to work. I started doing underage liquor buys when I was too young to drink, and then started doing a lot of other stuff; it was a very exciting job. The restaurant shops are tough ones because they expect so much detail, but at least you get a free dinner out of it. I used to do hotel stays too, and that was really tough. It was hard to even enjoy myself because I had that tape recorder hid, going non-stop, or had to continually take notes. Well, have fun with it.

Jack-K: Good job staying mostly legal. That's a heck of a lot more that I can say about myself.

Fillise: Howdy. I am sure you are ready for this election to be over with.

BOB: I hope you get to feeling better soon; you're due for some healthy days, right?

Carol: Welcome back. I think you've done a wise thing by coming back to SB. I personally think that if you buckle down than you can lose a significant amount of that 50#'s by March (that is 5 months). I lost 32#'s in that amount of time, and that is all I had to lose, which usually makes it a little tougher. If you need exercise motivation, you may want to go to www.beachbody.com; they have got a ton of exercise programs, fitness & nutritional counseling (for free...if you join their boards), after purchasing any of their programs. They also have support groups and a place on there called WOWY (work out with you) where you have to be accountable for your workouts. You may want to check it out; they've got a great thing going over there. We hope to see more of you here!

O.K., I gotta run!

Take care,
Nat

Last edited by Pancho; 10-18-2004 at 11:47 AM.
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:31 PM   #11  
Thin Girl in fat Girl bod

S/C/G: 267/215/200

Height: 5'6

since I'm new here.. ....where is everyone from, how old are you, what do you do for a living, and ...how much do you weigh and how much have you lost?
CarolNEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:00 PM   #12  

Hey everyone! I am not feeling much pain today at all, except some gas. That and a few aches and pains is about it. I feel like an overinflated beach ball, but hopefully, that will eventually subside. I have spent most of the morning in the recliner reading. Its rather comfy and nice...

BOB: If you and Susan get that sick at the game, don't think I am going to coddle you. I have little patience for sick drunks....

DEB: Its good to see you posting...no more excuses! You know you need to be on here more often. Just a short fly by is more acceptable than NOTHING...

CAROL: I am 51. I lost 50 pounds on Sugarbusters, but gained 20 back when my thyroid took another nosedive back in June. I hail from outside of Atlanta Georgia, but grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. I am a stay at home mom/wife/artist/etc. There is also bio boards where you can read about some of those on here. I think mine is not on there, but others are.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:03 PM   #13  

Hi everybody - The weekend was not great, I was off plan a bit... I mean a lot. One thing that occurs to me lately is that now that I am medium-old I really don't have much motivation like when I was younger. Back then I tried every diet plan imaginable, and followed all the rules to a capital T. I think by this time, I just don't believe in anything anymore. Since starting SB about four (maybe five?) weeks ago I have lost 6 lubbs, and that with cheating every weekend. Good, but not great weight loss. I exercise when I have time, don't when I don't. But I must say that I feel human again, something I have not felt in a long time. It is what keeps me coming back to this forum and staying on the plan during the week. I really believe that the various forms of sugar in my diet were making me physically ill; I always thought I had some kind of mystery disease that the docs couldn't figure out, and that would only be revealed during my autopsy. So even though I am a bit discouraged over my choices this weekend, I know it's time to get back on the correct horse and continue the journey.

Monet – glad to hear you are doing better. “Nothing cures like time and love” as the song goes, and that goes for your sister also. It’s so hard for us when things in general are out of our control, but when someone we love needs us, and we can’t do anything for them, it’s doubly disheartening. Best wishes to your sister for the rough times ahead.

Debelli – I’ve got two words for your son’s dust: swiffer cloths! I finally laid down the law to my teenage daughter this past weekend: you are doing NOTHING until the room is clean, including homework. If I had to I was going to write a note to all her teachers telling them why the homework was not done this weekend. She doesn’t scare easy, so tales of dust mites and bedbugs (which I hear are making a big comeback these days) and spider droppings had no effect. Just me being immobile and forcing the issue did the trick. I am usually laid back about the kids’ rooms, and I close their doors and move on, but every so often I am afraid someone will see and call the health department.

BOB – sounds like you’ve been thru the wringer lately, hope good health finds you real soon.

Julia - I'll bet your unpleasant procedure is over by now, and hoping everything is working as it should.

Everyone - have a great Monday! - Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:05 PM   #14  

On a cleaning break...

Well, I got some things done - again, nothing you'd probably notice, but I do. I got this mesh-type of micro cloth at Big Lots yesterday - cleans the glass/windows so wonderfully - love when things work like they say they do - it's so rare! I'm trying to clean out the closet area in the family room where I have all my cleaning supplies. I swear, with all that I have, you'd not only think my house would be spotless, but that I possibly got a steal on cleaning supplies, and won't have to buy any more for the rest of my life! There's so much!!!

JACKK, how are you? I hope all is well with you. Wish I could say the same on being down another 2lbs - any lbs would be good to be down - guess I have to work a little bit harder. Seems since all this apt. stuff happened, this year is dragging like no other year before - I too will be happy when it's over - but then again, I think of what's to come next year - taking LAUREN to look for colleges - and hoping the same thing that happened when I took MICHAEL won't repeat itself on me again. Mystery shopping - I pretend that I'm a reg. customer and then I evaluate the salesperson and/or store. Like, for Cingular, I had to pretend I was looking to buy a new cell phone and had to report on things like how I was greeteed, what kind of plan I was offered, etc. The first one I had, the guy was AWFUL, they did NOT get a good review - the second one, the guy was in training, and he was great! Same thing with the stereo company, first one stunk, second was great. It's easy to do-they need people ALL over the US for all different types of shops. Even STARBUCKS gets shopped - they measure everything, from the weight of the drink, the temperature, the wait time, the cleanliness of the bathrooms, if the person smiled, etc. etc.

PANCHO, don't bother with a fast - it will make you lose water weight only, and as soon as you eat and drink, it basically comes back. Just eat right and it will come off. Trust me, if fasting worked, I'd be doing it, and ELI would be losing gobs of weight, but instead, he's not losing anything and he doesn't understand why, even though I keep telling him it's because he's not eating anywhere near enough - MEN, they never listen! Yes, MICHAEL definitely is a slob, and I understand, college hasn't changed him - feel sorry for his roommate! I asked him about 2 weeks ago if he'd changed his sheets yet - ICK! He absolutely channels all his energy to other things - none which have anything to do with anykind of domestic labor. Wish I could find something like what you had in the MS field. I wouldn't mind doing on-site merchandising a few hours a day, each week. Going to search for that. Maybe I can do that AND Ebay - definitely need the $$$!

FILLISE, I'm trying - I'm trying

BOB, what antibiotics are you taking? The dentist had me taking pencillin for my tooth. I was barfing Friday night, so I stopped taking it. THEN, I remembered, this happened to me last time I needed to take pen! Isn't life so much fun!!!!!

CAROL, I reigned as the JUNK FOOD QUEEN #1. You must be second in succession to the thrown. Girl, if I can do it, anyone should be able to do it. My meals as I grew up consisted of candy, ice cream, candy, cookies, candy, cheese, candy, pizza, candy & some candy. It can be done, you can give up the thrown and hope no one takes your place, but someone always does it seems. I'm sure you can WOW your DH by the time he returns - probably to the point that you'll have to hold up a sign, otherwise he may not recognize you! If you go to our SB BIO BOARD on the INFORMATION BOARDS area, you'll find many bios of our members and you can learn a LOT about them there

Has anyone ever done loom knitting???? I wanted to make a scarf for MICHAEL and bought them at 50% off from Michaels craft store. I haven't taken them out of the bag yet - it's like I'm afraid they'll bite - besides, don't have the time right now, but maybe in the future - with my luck, I'll get to try them out come summer!

Okay, back to the grindstone!!!!

Toodles

Deb
Old 10-18-2004, 02:19 PM   #15  

CAROLNEMILY: I forgot to mention that joining Curves is a great idea! I go to one here, and its great. It definitely produces results.