Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How long have you had a REAL weight problem?
All my life-since I was a baby 2 3.85%
Since I was a young child 10 19.23%
Since I was a teenager 9 17.31%
Since I was in my 20's 15 28.85%
Since I was in my 30's 13 25.00%
Since I was in my 40's 1 1.92%
Since I was in my 50's 0 0%
Since I was in my 60's 0 0%
Longer than I care to even remember 0 0%
Other 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 03:25 PM   #61  

Two posts in one day Not my usual, huh? Just looking over the boards again and realized I failed to welcome our newcomers. Definitely a since we have another TEXAN with us. BTW Country, where in TX are you located? I'm in Mt. Vernon/Mt. Pleasant in NE TX (work in one, live in the other)Also belated birthday wishes for YELLOWROSE and BETH.Sorry Beth that you didn't have a good bd. I would definitely make DH make up for that one.

LDBLOND: So sorry to hear that your little boy is sick again. I hope the dr. can figure out what the problem is. James had to go home hesterday. All the gunk in his head ended up in his stomach and it didn't set well. Dennis picked him up and took him by Burger King . He felt fine after thatHe's fine today, but loopy on medicine.

Sorry I can't respond to all. Hope everyone has a great day.

Zippy Diaper Tush
Old 03-26-2002, 05:27 PM   #62  

Oh I'm finally here. My WONDERFUL GK are here and my precious DIL. I'm enjoying them so much. Right now they're over at there Aunt's house so I'll take advantage of the time alone and check in here.... Well they all wanted biscuits and gravy for dinner last night. So I made the Killer Bean Soup for me. It worked out great... Maybe this spring I'll make a big batch of the soup up and can it. Yep I'm a hillbilly!!!

Can't believe I'm still on this SB. I'm getting more positive each day that goes by and I'm hanging in there. I'm finally over the wild craving for sweets. And the house is loaded with Easter candy and sweets.

Sorry I can't post to all but need to go start dinner they'll be back starved......

Have a good evening Zippy Banana Buns....

Last edited by Toni48; 03-27-2002 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-26-2002, 06:30 PM   #63  

Evening everyone!

Happy birthday to Yellowrose and Beth. I'm with everyone else Beth, I think you should pick another day and do it over right.

Things are going just fine and the scale is moving SLOWLY back in the right direction. I am so glad.

SolShine: The author you are referring to is Sue Grafton. I have read every one of her books. They are so good. The other author you mentioned. Is her writing similar to Sue Grafton's?

Zanne: I'm going to check out the chickpea salad that you put on the recipe board. I have been looking for some new recipes.

Someone else mentioned the cauliflower with mayo and olives. That also sounds interesting. Please post it also.

Well, hope everyone has a great WIW tomorrow.

Sheann
287/274.5/150
Old 03-26-2002, 06:36 PM   #64  

Hi,

Finally, a pretty day in Dallas. I had chores to run do but I still enjoyed the sunshine. I needed to get some supplies
at the grocery store. I am suppose to be on a liquid and jello- type diet tomorrow to get ready for my colonoscopy
on Thursday. It took awhile to read about unsweetened apple juice, find sugarfree lemon jello, etc. I wonder if I
should take some juice to have after the procedure on Thursday. I don’t want to wake up to sugar.

Deb: I did weigh out the portion (once you mentioned it) and it weighed 4 ounces. I had divided the cake into 6
pieces. Next time I would try 8 since it is so rich. I have the book A Taste of Lebanon checked out from the
library. I am going to copy some of the recipes. Besides the humus, do you have a favorite?

CountryMom: I so agree about cauliflower being such a help. I use it as a substitute for chips when I have lunch.
I copied down you recipe for the cauliflower salad. Do you add any spices?

Beth: So sorry about the birthday. The weather was so nasty that I just sort of pretended the day didn’t happened.
If the day didn’t happen, then I am not older, right?. Have you seen Groundhog Day? Bill Murry keeps having the
same day over and over until he gets it right. Maybe we need one of those. Actually, I will continue to have some
birthday lunches and dinners with friends for at least another week.

Everyone, thank you again for the birthday wishes...you made me feel very special.

Last edited by YellowRose; 03-26-2002 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-26-2002, 07:47 PM   #65  

Default Rough Day in CA

Just having a rough one here. Not the WOE (that's always faithful)....just the step child...I'd say from ****, but that's not nice But I always wonder....how can such a wonderful, loving man have such a horrid child (well, 19 is not truly a "child")!! Shhh....I know. Frustrated and angry and frantic to find solutions. I wish the heck these two boys would grow up and move on!! I think my husband and I are looking for a little peace and quiet. Guess the honeymoon is over, eh??

Thanks Deb for the advice on ICE....truly enjoying having something else I can swallow besides water! But I will keep an eye on the scales!

Going to try one of the recipes on the site tonight as there is a party at work tomorrow and I get to bring the desert! Here's my opportunity to wow them with NO SUGAR!! ha

Well.....back to life here.....I'd truly like to slam dunk a 19 year old....bunch someone's lights out...or better yet.......hee hee.

Old 03-26-2002, 08:22 PM   #66  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evenin'!

There's been a lot of great stuff to read today. I hope one day to sort out who's who and what's going on. Forgive me if it takes a bit.

BETH: I think a birthday do over is cool...

ZANNE: How is your neck this evening? Hope it's better than this morning.

LYN: The only thing I add to the cauliflower in the way of seasoning is salt..but not too much because of the salty olives. One thing for sure..don't over cook the cauliflower....bluck...I did that two nights ago. Still ate it all *smile* Another yummy, though high calorie way to enjoy the cauliflower is add your backed potatoes toppings to it and serve as a side dish with your steak or other food you would normally eat a backed potatoe with.

MUSIC TECH: I'm in SE Texas. Coldspring right by Lake Livingston.

Hope you are all having a super evening.

Love,
Crystle

235/155/135
Old 03-26-2002, 08:50 PM   #67  

Hi Guys!
Been such a hectic week this week and last. Have not been able to keep up with the posts. Went down to South Florida this past weekend to check on uncle in hospital (had open heart surgery). He seems to have recovered from stroke but now has a nasty infection - 3 different organisms. Any of you nurses out ther up on organisms and infections? Anyway, he'll be a long time until he's back on his feet.

So, needless to say, my eating has been bad bad bad. I seem to find any excuse not to stay on program. Some day I'll get my act together.

I wanted to say welcome to all the newbies and Happy Birthday to everyone I missed. There was too many posts for me to read and catch up, so I have to start from scratch. I did however figure out my name.................CRUSTY DIAPERBRAIN!!!!! I tried to use my maiden name and that was even worse.

I'm going to try and stop by chat.

Take care all.
Old 03-26-2002, 09:09 PM   #68  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey ladies

Just a quick check in! There are sooo many posts and I don't have time to read them!! I want to make it to chat! So, Hello to all of you!!! Sorry I'm not posting to everyone - but I need to get to bed before tomorrow morning!! HAHA!

VES: Great pics! I loved seeing everyone and putting faces with the names - thanks!

COUNTRY: You are such a beautiful lady! Your pics were wonderful - what a difference from the 235 huh? I can't imagine that you need to get to 135 - wasn't that your goal? Your face looks so slim - are you tall or short? Cause if you are tall you do not need to get to 135 girl!! You'll be too skinny!!

Ok - I'm running - hopefully I'll have time to check back in tomorrow. If I don't I won't be back on the board until Sunday night. We are going to our camp at the beach to do some fishing and relaxing! Can't wait - then I'm off all next week! THANK GOD! So, I'll be able to spend more time responding to everyone!!

Missy aka Snotty BubbleBiscuit
284/262/170
Old 03-26-2002, 09:11 PM   #69  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

Had a busy day today. Got in my walk/jog this morning. Did 4.5 miles in 46:43, another day of decent time, but boy, it was hot and I really didn't think I was going to make it. Sporting a nice new blister to boot.

Went for my GLAMOUR SHOTS today. It was fun. I forgot to bring a white shirt that I wanted to wear so had to borrow one of theres which wasn't the greatest, but that shot ended up being the one I like the most. Should have them back in 2 weeks and if I can find someone with a scanner will try to share them with you

Spoke to MEL last night. She made it to Florida safe and sound. I am picking her up tomorrow morning at 11am and we are going to hit Atlantic Hosiery, a great and cheap place for bras and other undergarments and then go to lunch at OLE OLE which is right next door, then for CARBOLITE since she's never had it and then going to pick up her DS and all go to SAWGRASS MILLS MALL for a while. Looking forward to meeting her! Have to leave around 5ish to get back home in time to go to dinner at my Sisters for Passover, so it's going to be a very full day.

Thursday is going to be very busy for me. I have packing, laundry and the play MAMA MIA, as well as having to p/u my Mother and all her stuff-I don't know how the heck I'm going to be able to get everything done. I pray the kids are going to get themselves together themselves, I surely don't have the time to help! We're suppose to leave early Friday morning, around 6am-I wonder if we really will.

Will do my best to reply to all, but if I don't get to everyone please know it's nothing personal I'm skimming through all the posts and trying to reply to those who directed a message for me. As usual, I know you all understand, as I really should be doing some ironing!!!

BOB aka LOOPY DIAPER TUSH, thanks for those directions, I may just use them, though still not sure what way we are taking up or back. My Mom said they sold WOC, but still open-will definitely stop at BELKS and pay hommage there for you

CATLOVER, WELCOME BACK Glad to see you are still with us

MONET, please e-mail me your phone number and if we decide to come home via Atlanta I will DEFINITELY give you a call as far in advance as I possibly can.

DARAMUS, at the top of the page is the word CHAT and you just click on that and it will take you into the chat room. Be prepared to have your fingers ready to go if you join us!!!

COUNTRY, loved the pictures you posted-WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! CONGRATS!!! Thanks for the explanation on the yearling, I sorta was thinking it was a deer!! LOL!! You and BUSDEB have horses in common!!

BETH, sorry to hear your bday sucked! My 40th was uneventful, thought it would be better, though I can't say it sucked since I did get dinner out of the deal. Oh well, paybacks are a *****, aren't they???

QUILTER, you are right, I would say that FILLISE isn't eating enough-she's eating what I eat. And speaking of eating enough-are you???

NASCAR, glad to see you back on the board! Thanks for the info on the Harry's in Peachtree, my Mother was mortified to hear it was closed. Wonder just how many stores they have

QUIV, CONGRATS on the 2 loss!!!

TRISH, so is DS calling you by your new name?? LOL!! Congrats to his teacher, sounds like he's got a good one!!!

SOL, next time I call, I'll have to ask for ZIPPY #1-will you know who to put on the phone?? LOL!!!

ROSE, I try to do the cake in 8 pieces, though it really doesn't matter with me anyhow, I tend to go hog wild. The kids have asked me to make the cheesecake since I went to Orlando so I doubled the recipe and made it to take tomorrow to my Sisters. Needless to say, I can already tell you I'll be eating more than 4 ounces. I pray someone stops me before I eat too much. Hmm, fav. recipes in Taste of Lebanon, love so many of them. I do like the bean salad and the Okra dish with tomato sauce I love, but I use butter beans instead of okra. The chicken and rice, the grilled kafta-they're all good. My book has fallen apart!!!

JUDY, let us know what you end up making and how you like it!!!

HAPPY, love your new name!!

To everyone I didn't address personally, HI, HOW ARE YOU, HOPE ALL IS WELL, ETC. ETC.

Okay, tomorrow is to some the dreaded WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY and for others it will be a great day. Either way, I wish you all good luck with the metal monster tomorrow. I'm thinking if nothing changes in the night I'll have a good WIW tomorrow. I've been really watching my eating and if I'd just be able to get in some veggies, I'd be doing fabulous!!!

Gotta get ready for chat. If anyone has trouble getting into the chat room just e-mail me as I do have a special link as I myself have trouble trying to get on through the regular chat link.

Will try to post tomorrow morning, but my not have time other than the exercise board, otherwise tomorrow night I'll try to get in a short post.

MINI POLL Should I pack my scale or leave it at home and go through scale detox for 9 days????????

Toodles

Debbie
194/120.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 03-26-2002, 09:19 PM   #70  

Default Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way with my take it off Tuesday I am not some kind of pervert Take it as you will though All I meant was take of the POUNDS ladies. Thanks for the vote of confidence JACK K.
SLAP HAPPY Hope you uncle get along o.k. with everything. I went to a lady that does Reiki treatments Not sure if you all know what that is but it is kind of like touch healing. She told me my liver was toxic and I need to be on a cleansing diet to get rid of the crap in my liver and get my system working the way it is supposed to be working. Hopefully then I will have my body in shape to finally be able to have children. It has been a long four years of trying to have one and hopefully I can stick with this detox and make it work. SO I PLEASE NEED ALL THE HELP I can get to get me through this. That is why I ask all of you to help give me a little boost.Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. WAKING UP WEDNESDAY!!! getting ourselves where we want to be. Have good one ladies.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:08 PM   #71  
Goddess

Red face Tuesday night

OK--storms are gone and I may be able to stay online a little while tonight. I would go over to the chat--but it goes too fast for me--I can't keep up!

Gottabeme--Hang in there, really once you get through the detox--you begin to feel so much better that you don't want to go back to your old habits. Just make sure you are eating enough (OK Deb and Kim--I'll get to y'all in a minute). Treat yourself to good cuts of meat and fresh vegetables and fruits. That's one of the things that really hooked me in the beginning, I was eating really well. Then I began to notice that I had more energy, no more heartburn, and the weight began to come off! You'll feel better too!

Deb and Kim--yes, I too have been waiting for the dungeon mistress to tell me that I'm not eating enough. But believe it or not I'm having a hard time getting over 1400 calories! There will definatly be one or two days a week I will go over that significantly--but I am trying to get comfortable with smaller portions of foods. You both will be happy to hear that I got to 1502 cal today. 24% fat, 42% carbs, 34% protein) Deb what do you suggest I aim for at this weight?

Deb--Pay hommage to Belks in my name too! I'd love to be able to hit a Belks this week to find an Easter dress. I'm going to Montgomery tomorrow, so I'll hit the stores down there. I vote for scale detox!

Judy--try one of the cheesecake recipes. I've had the best results with those.

OK--I'm off to play some games and have another cup of green tea before bed. See y'all tomorrow--I hope it is good for everyone!

Susan

Last edited by Fillise; 03-26-2002 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2002, 06:56 AM   #72  

Default The Evil Scale ;)

Debbie-Since you asked.... leave the scale at home.

I also share your obsession so I can relate. I know how hard it will be, but just DO IT! Just think, the altitude will probably have a negative affect and it will ruin your whole trip!

Laura
Old 03-27-2002, 07:04 AM   #73  
Bustin' Buddy

Good Morning!

Happy WIW to everyone! I am happy to report that I weigh 6 pounds less than last Wednesday! I don't know how I managed 6 pounds - it wasn't TOM or anything like that - I guess the fact that I didn't make a out of myself over the weekend and I exercised actually made a difference! Now, lets see if I can make it through another weekend!

I'll try to check in tonight or tomorrow morning if I have time. I've got to get packed up for our trip to the camp. I've got shopping and clothes to do! Yiipppeeee!

So, if for some reason I don't make it back before I leave tomorrow afternoon - y'all have a wonderful, SUGAR FREE, Easter! And - I'll see ya on Sunday!!

Missy aka Snotty Bubblebiscuit
284/261.5/170
Old 03-27-2002, 07:53 AM   #74  
Golfing Gal

Morning all. First things first.
181/181/135. My first weigh in since rededicating my life to this WOE. I have set a mini-goal of 160 by May 19th. Keep your fingers crossed that I make it.

The weather here has been nice. It feels like spring is in the air. I worked in the yard this weekend pulling weeds and deadheading my mexican heather which took a beating from the last frost we had.

Gator - good going on the golf. Bogey golf is good. It gets even more fun when you start playing Par 4's and Par 5's. Im playing on a course today that just eats my lunch for some reason. Not a particularly hard course, just a couple of water hazards.

Deb - leave the scale at home. One bad day and youll be bummed for the rest of the trip.

Everyone else have a good weigh in Wednesday.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:05 AM   #75  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Wednesday Morning

Just a few minutes to get in a reply.

Got in a 3.5 mile jog/walk this morning. Wish I could get in the extra mile but I really needed to get home and start getting ready for my day with MEL!

Made my CRUSTLESS CHEESECAKE last night to take to my sisters, doing a double batch. It did crack, but no where as bad as when I took it to the SB GET TOGETHER earlier this month. My Mom says hers always cracks, so I don't feel too inadequate! Anyhow, I am definitely gearing up to have a nice piece tonight but hope that there's enough of us there (11 people) that I won't be able to pig out on an additional piece and once it's gone, it's gone.

Thanks to all of you who came out to the chat last night, esp. our NEWBIES who had their first chat experience. As usual, it's always nice to chat in "real time".

Well, today is WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!!! I can't complain, as last week I was up 4.5lbs and this week I'm down 4.5lbs, 2 weeks ago I was the same as today-120lbs. When I look back at the last 4 weeks I've been 119.50-124.5-definitely staying within my cushion.

GOTTA, is there any other reasons you are having trouble conceiving? Girl, keep the faith-I went through a lot to have my kids!!! Okay, I think I asked you last night, but don't remember if you answered, how far from Montreal is Ottawa??

FILLISE, I rarely find it tough to get in 1400 calories, only once in a while if I'm really on the run during the day. If you were to ask me what I thought you should be getting based on your current weight I would say 2200 calories a day. To stay your current weight you'd have to take in about 2850 calories, you are taking in half that. 2200 would be 650 less. This is taking in to consideration that you're moderately active. You need less if you are more sedentary. It really isn't hard to find things to fill in the void and you may find in doing so that you'll lose faster. That's what I learned long ago. Didn't believe eating more would help me lose weight faster, but it did Just my 2 cents!

SEMMENS, thanks for the input on the scale. Just thinking, if I dare move the scale from it's home base, it just may weigh me 10lbs more-so you and others have convinced me to leave it behind.

FRUIT, WTG!! CONGRATS!!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!! 6lbs is awesome!!! This should be great motivation to stick to plan and see what next week could hold!

CAT, you can do anything you set your mind to do and you know that we're behind you 100%. Yes, I will leave the scale at home-don't need the aggravation of seeing it possibly go up!

Gals, gotta run, otherwise I'm going to be late!!!

Toodles

Debbie
194/120/129
Sb since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Closed Thread