Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: The 4th of July is now gone, so just how did you do with staying OP?
I stayed OP 100%, no cheating here! 6 18.75%
I cheated a little during one meal, then back on track for me! 5 15.63%
I cheated a lot during one meal, then back on track for me! 1 3.13%
I cheated the entire day, but next day, I was back on track! 1 3.13%
I cheated the 4th and at least 1 or more days to follow, but back on track now! 6 18.75%
I feel like road kill, the wagon went over me, but today, I'm back on track! 5 15.63%
Help, I've fallen and I can't get up! I need an appt. at the DD! 4 12.50%
I plead the 5th, I'm not confessing to anything, you can't make me! 1 3.13%
OP, I haven't been OP since before the 4th, but today, I vow to change that! 2 6.25%
I just started SB, so none of this stuff pertains to me! 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 08:42 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/8-7/14

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=17858

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 07-07-2002, 08:53 PM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, I thought it went well with the poll this week:

WEAKNESS INTO STRENGTH

It doesn't matter that you've stumbled a dozen times, or a hundred, or a thousand. You can still get up and move forward just as surely and quickly as if you had never fallen.

Today is a brand new day, and the very place where you are is a starting point from which anything is possible. Get on with the business of living to the fullest. Never before have you had as much experience, or as much desire to move forward, as you do this very moment. Now is your time to really get it right; now is your time to shine.

Every weakness you've ever known can be a source of strength the moment you decide to overcome it. As soon as you see what has been holding you back, you've identified a powerful way in which to move forward.

It doesn't matter what your limitations have been or what they continue to be. What matters is your resolve to move on past them. For as soon as you know what to do and why to do it, it has already begun to happen.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-08-2002, 08:17 AM   #3  

UGH!

I hit a key on my computer and poof, my entire post, gone into thin air!!!!

Okay, here I go again....

Good Monday Morning!!

Kids are off to school Got home just in time, it started to rain. Very gloomy and dark outside, nothing new for us lately, just ususually doesn't get like this til afternoon. Even though I'm dressed in my exercise clothes it doesn't seem like I will be getting out to do so, at least not at this time. I guess it's okay as I'm not feeling so hot anyhow and was going to try and just push myself. I've been paying homage once again to the Porcelain Goddess since last night. Didn't sleep well at all and woke up to find myself continuing to pay homage There's nothing more gross than having food that's been sitting in your stomach all night long come back up again It's either hormones (day 29 and no TOM yet) or my cooking is REALLY that bad!

Lauren and I went to the Mall yesterday, only made it through half before I started to get tired and peter out. Found her a couple items, but not tops/shirts as I hoped, which is what she needs most. Did find her some pants that were 50% + another 50% off

Before I forget, we did stop at the LINDT CHOCOLATE STORE how could I not? The gal told me that they are going to start carrying the 85% COCOA CONTENT CHOCOLATE BARS starting the end of September. These are the ones that I got from ROSALIE from Canada and now they're coming to the States!! YIPEEEE!!! Ummm, hmmm, maybe that's not such a good idea afterall, now that I think of it. At least not for me.

Actually, my eating was excellent yesterday, back on track. As for how I feel right now, I have absolutely no desire to eat anything, not hungry and I can tell you it wouldn't even go down if I tried-still getting sick. I just hope this passes quickly, hate feeling like this!

SERENE, to answer your question about ELI'S trip...he was there for a month during XMAS 1999 and hadn't planned on making a trip like this for quite a few years as it's very costly to go there. His DD expressed that she wanted to go, so basically, he went for her, with her. They timed it also with a wedding that they attended yesterday for his Niece, like killing two birds with one stone. He still has 2 sisters that live there and 2 of his sisters who live in Canada made the trip as well. The only one missing from the event is his only brother that also lives in Canada and hasn't been back to Lebanon since he was 17, I believe. So, he's there, being spoiled rotten, I'm certain! Thanks for the FF, it provided a good laugh

GRACIOUS, that's a great loss for the week, it pays to get back on track! Not that I have any room to make suggestions, but I'd say to tell your GYNO about what you are experiencing about your TOM situation. I use to never know when my TOM was coming and could go months without one, but it was due to the excessive weight. Now, it's due to age.

JRED, love the pic, would love to see it bigger though. E-mail it to me as a link and I'll see if I can get it bigger on the board.

MONET, glad to see you are still alive and kicking. Hope you'll be back on board soon.

GUMBO, glad to hear you continue to do well! Which eggplant dish did you make-the gratin or the baked one? More eggplant to cook? Hmmm, maybe some eggplant parm-sounds good to me, love it, hate cooking it and sure can't find any place other than Italiani's that makes it good (they're in Orlando). How long will you be in WY?

I got an I/M from GLORY a little bit ago. She wanted me to let you all know that she misses you. There's something that's she's having to deal with at this time that's keeping her busy that she can't get on the board which I won't go into at this time, it's not for me to say, but it's heavy duty stuff. Anyhow, she just wanted me to let you all know that she hopes to get back on one day soon and that she is thinking about us all.

Well, I'm going to go check the weather and see what it looks like. I really would like to get in a walk, however slow I may be. I think the barfy feeling is starting to subside, though not totally. I hate not getting in a walk on a Monday, screws up my entire week somehow!

Will check back later. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Debbie
194/128/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-08-2002, 08:31 AM   #4  

Just a quickie before I fly out the door. Sorry to be awol for most of this weekend. We spent most of our weekend working on the kitchen. Got most of the floor in yesterday. Looking much better. So I will get back to you all later today or tomorrow. I want to respond to some posts, but must get to the office. Is it Monday already? I sure did enjoy my 4-day weekend. Hope you all had a splendid one?

Take care!
Kim
Old 07-08-2002, 08:33 AM   #5  
Sonya

Angry

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted lately, between my husband falling and spraining his funny bone and my little girl haveing an ear infection I haven't hardly had time to know my name. I can't sit at the computer very long these days as it makes my back hurt. I have 6 weeks left with this pregnancy. I will be glad when when it gets here. I only gained 1 lb in the last 3 weeks and it went to the baby. So far I have been feeling great. I am going in the hopital August the 18th to have a c-section. Its getting harder and harder for me to get up off the couch and the recliner now. Hope everyone has a great day. To those that lost in the last month congrats and to those that didn't keep on keepin on it will start to go when you least expect it.
Old 07-08-2002, 08:39 AM   #6  
Child of God

Angry Good Morning everyone!

What a quick weekend it was. Hard to believe it is July 8th already. The summers seem to fly. After church yesterday, we went to COSTCO and got some "buy one get one free's"...then went swimming for about 4 hours. My kids are looking like little berries.
My weight is still about 117. That is good enough for me. The 115 thing had to have been from all the sweet I lost at Billy Graham during the three days, and not to mention, I was eating like nothing due to the heat. So 117 is fine and dandy for me.

Deb, Deb, Deb....
When are you gonna get your butt to the doctor? Like the ads say..

JUST DO IT
You have not been feeling well for such a long time and it is not normal. Please go!!! If your hubby was going through what you have or you mom or child, you would insist....well, they all love and cpount on you as well, so for their sake, just go.
Ok...enough mothering!

To everyone who wrote kind words about my brother....Thank you so much. It was a long time ago...1984, but it is still hard and so very sad. And Deb, I do have the photo from the mag., but I have to dig it out. When I do, I will post it. My mom has a copy in a photo frame in her house.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! We are gonna hit the bookstore and then the pool!
Old 07-08-2002, 09:15 AM   #7  

Hi everyone

I just gotta tell you guys, Yesterday was my Grandmothers 80th birthday and we had a big picnic for her. I stayed OP the whole day ....and to boot...I ate no starchy carbs all day....don't you just love it when you get through a day an realize you did not have starchy carbs??
I prepared for the picnic(lesson learned on july 4th)...I asked if there was going to be a veg tray and was told no....only non OP salads.....so right before we left I cut celery, carrots, cucumber and cauliflower and made a dip. That saved me!! I was in charge of making the cake, I stood there in the middle of 35 ppl going on and on about how good the cake was...luckily no one noticed that I did not eat any...LOL
I just love how easy it is not to eat tempting things on this woe. Don't get me wrong....there are definitely time that I am tempted, and it is usually near TOM. Just had to brag about that.

Hope everyone is doing well.....I'll catch up with everyone later!
Chris
Old 07-08-2002, 09:17 AM   #8  
Goddess

Thumbs down Monday?

OK, I'm back. All the well wishes, thoughts and prayers, just dragged me back here. Y'all are very powerful.

I'm feeling better today--at least in terms of this WOE--I know I feel so much better when I eat a low-glycemic diet. If nothing else--that should keep me on the right path. I found an article (extremely long--but well worth the time and effort) in the NY Times magazine yesterday on diets that is a must read! The link is below:

"What if it's all a big fat lie?"

The basic premise of the article is how the medical community latched onto the low-fat/high carb diet recommendations and now can't let them go. It also details how the research is really piling up to demonstrate that it is carbs (and not fat) that makes you fat! The author of the article points to a very strong correlation between the emphasis on low-fat recommendations and the epidemic of obesity and type 2 diabetes in the last 20 years.

What really made my blood boil was the author's mention of that statistic that I'm sure we are all familiar with--that 95% of people who lose weight will gain it back. I actually heard that on a 60 minutes story last night (before I read the article this morning) and it confirmed my crisis--why struggle to lose weight when I'll most likely gain it back? Well that statistic is from the work of one researcher who followed 100 dieters in the 1950s. So everyone is predicting our failure on a tiny research study that is more than 40 years old. AARRGGHHH!

So I'm pissed this morning--and that's a good thing. Your strong support and this article are my motivations this morning. I offer the link above as my contribution to motviation Monday.

Sheann--Goodness, you and your son remain in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he is now in an environment that will take the pressure off and relieve some of the anxiety so he can begin to learn to live with his illness. It really doesn't matter whether it is a mental illness or a physical illness--when it involves the brain--people just assume you can make it stop with sheer willpower, when nothing is further from the truth. I'm sorry your mother is being so difficult about this. I'm glad your son and his wife are getting counseling, but I hope you have someone to talk with about your pain and anxiety in dealing with your son's illenss and all the other tensions that come with it.

Deb--You are absolutly right! Of course you are right! I'm going to email you with my phone #. Good luck on the house cleaning. I've got to do mine--or be buried under the mess!

Kim--Thanks--you are also right.

BOB--what time you going to be swinging that wagon by here? I'll be listening for Rocky Top (thought I keep telling you that's dangerous is this state).

Everyone else--have a good day!

Love you all!

Susan
Old 07-08-2002, 09:22 AM   #9  

Debbie, thanks for offering to work on the picture. I used Adobe PhotoShop and couldn't keep it big and still meet the size requirement. Any tips will be most appreciated. I'll email the pictures to you.

I'll post later. Been uploading pictures of my trip onto my laptop. I took over 350! Digital cameras are the bomb!!!

Jeanie

Last edited by j red; 07-08-2002 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:52 AM   #10  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Wink Howdy Ya'll!!

Well... I can't seem to get my seatbelt fastened on this damn wagon. I seem to have faded into.. 'oh well.. what's one more cheat' mentality... GET ME OUTTA HERE!!! Pretty soon I'll be begging for my size 16's back ... NOT!!! I don't wanna go there!(Today's cheat... sit down Deb...a piece of a Mounds candy bar!!!!)

Ugh... I'm hoping it's cause TOM is due and I'll be able to regain control in the VERY near future!! Before I burst outta my jeans!

Anyway... just got home from work... still loving my job! Gonna go grab some ZzZzZzZzZz's and I'll post a longer one later!

JRed - Boy I look like I was up for 23 hours straight in that pic... oh wait... I was I hope you get to come back soon and STAY longer!!

Nite All
Old 07-08-2002, 10:09 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone. Hope you had a nice 4th of July. Mine was very quiet as my husband had to work at the campgrounds here at night. They kept him busy! I just stayed home and watched fireworks on t.v. and read a little. It was easy to stay OP. I made a pan of legal lasagna and it turned out good. I used the whole wheat lasagna noodles and the sugar free spraggetti sauce.

Debilli- I like your message this morning. Sorry about you loseing your post I've done that before and want to scream or cry with flustration. Wish we had some of that rain. Its getting mighty dry around here and seems its raining all over... I hate you're feeling bad and hope you get okay soon.

The Quilter- I was gone over the 4th to. My excuse was I just didn't feel like getting on the computer. I'm glad you got that new floor about all in... MMMM I'll bet its nice.

Thunderwoman-woo hoo its getting closer and closer till baby time! You're doing great with your weight. Sounds like you've had your plate full with husband and daughter. Hope everything goes great..

Kimmy- Your weight sounds great. You do so good with it you're a real inspiration. What a great day you have planned book store and pool...Mmmm good...

Chris- Congrads on you OP day and at such a thing as a big picnic. How wise you were to bring the veggie tray.. I think I need to stay away from those starchy carbs for a day or two.

Fillise-Yea good to see you posting!!! I heard that about only 5% of the population keep the weight off. It really depressed me. Not that I'm not going to try my best to be in that 5% but it sure is deflateing to hear that and I hope we prove them wrong..

jred- Hope you get those photo's straightened out..

Well I'm at the end here for awhile. Hope you all stay cool and drink lots of water.

213/177/130
Old 07-08-2002, 10:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Gang,

Hope Everyone is back in routine and back OP today. I really hate not being able to get on the boards over the weekend. Trying to get my computer fixed, but not looking promising.

Sounds like everyone had a nice 4th. I was off Friday, so the 4 days was a nice break. Went to the Zoo on Friday. Not too exciting. It was too hot for all the animals. Our new gorillas were just sitting around. Spent the day at the pool yesterday, I am pretty red today. Should be brown in a day or two. Had a cookout afterwards. I brought green beans, good thing, that was the only OP thing there other than the burgers ( I had mine w/o the bun).

Since everyone had been cleansing their souls, I ate some onion rings Sat nite. They weren't even very good, too much breading. I picked off most of it, but still ate some. I really felt bad about it and beat myself up alot, but the scale was the same today. I will just get "over it" and go on. No more cheats for me.

This is going to be a bad week for me at work. Don't know how much I will be able to get on here, but will try. I really need this board.

I skimmed the 4 pages of posts from last week. Sorry I won't be able to post to them. Try to keep up this week.

Deb, Feeling bad again. So sorry, but get her butt to the DR. Great MM today. Loved it. Guess we will be seeing alot more of you with Eli gone. How's the cleaning comimg? Still in the family room? Hope you feel better soon. Are you close to Orlando? MY DD is visiting a friend for a few days. The friend is playing Mickey Mouse for the summer. Just wondering if it was raining on her too.

Quilter, bet your kitchen is looking great. Glad you had a productive 4 day weekend.

Thunderwoman, Only 6 more weeks, that is wonderful. And you even know exactly when. Good luck. Do you know, boy or girl?

Kimmy, Hope yu have a great day at the pool. With this weather, that's the only place to be.

Chris, way to go staying OP at the party. It gets easier everyday with this WOE. Being prepared and planning ahead is the secret. We went to a friend's house Sat, and she brought out some cheese spread and crackers. I just opened my purse and had triscuits in there and 2 pieces of bread (that I didn't get to eat the nite before). I was ready for anything. Keep up the good work. BTW, Happy birthday to your GM.

Fillise, So glad you are back OP today. Hope you can hang in there with us. We are always here for you. Great article. It really does scare me about gaining the weight back, but I think this is such an eay WOE that I will be able to maintain ok. We SEC girls need to stay together. Bob can't bring that song here either.

Beth, Just stop it! You know that candy bar is a no-no. Don't even go there. Get back up in that wagon and hold on tight. You can do it girl. You are too pretty to gain your weight back.

Toni, Sounds like you had a relaxing 4th. It is so hot and dry here to, but I think we are going to get some rain tomorrow so maybe you will get it too. Your lasagna sounds good, I need to make some for my DD.

Sheann, Prayers and hugs to you and your son. Hopefully he can find some peace at his new home. You too, hopeyou can work things out with your mom. Older people just don't seem to understand sometimes. Hope you are sharing your feelings with someone. We are always here for you to talk to. I agree with the others, get out and walk or something, see people. Good luck.

Have a great day everyone. Hope to be back later.

Jackie
257/180/145
10-10-01
Old 07-08-2002, 11:00 AM   #13  

Hi Everyone,

I have missed all of you and thought of you often but haven't even had time to catch up on the past posts. I am staying on program (well except some of those almonds have sneaked back into my diet) and am maintaining at this time.

Deb: Great job on the update on the board.

I just know my life will settle soon.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:39 AM   #14  

Monday- Sheesh. I tried posting twice and both times it froze on me. I was forced to do this in Word lest it happen again!

Today is my 13th wedding anniversary and hubby has surprised me by arranging a friend from church to babysit our 3 kids so we can get an early start and go out at 4 pm this afternoon. We will look around town and find a nice restaurant to have dinner in, no doubt look through a few stores then catch a movie. After just having had our vacation and all the work on the house I didn’t think we would do anything, which would have been fine to me…but this is better!

I did the WATP 3 Mile Video workout this morning and I loved it! I could feel that is was more intense and really had my heart rate going. I know that I have good endurance so it was nice to see that I could get through it but still feel it is a good workout for me. So for those who were thinking about them, all 3 are great!

MONET- Of course I missed you! I knew you had been having some troubles after the wedding and you have been in my thoughts. I hope you are getting things sorted out with your daughter and keeping your eating as OP as possible. How are you feeling lately physically? I recall a change in meds in the recent past and wonder how they have settled in with you now that you have been on them awhile.

DEBELLI- I guess I will eventually address this TOM business with my doctor when I see him next but I won’t make an appointment just for that. You, on the other hand, should be getting yourself to the doctor with all the troubles you have been going through physically. Make sure you take care of yourself because you of all people know how important that is! One question that might seem odd but…I notice people talking about their kids going back to school. Is summer vacation over for the kids in the usa? Our kids get out of school mid to late June and are off until the first week of September….or is this extra summer school type stuff? I was just curious.

FILLISE- That is the spirit!! Stay on the wagon, it is better than being off even if it is a struggle.

Okay this has crashed on me 4 times and I can't take it anymore.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:40 AM   #15  

I did it!!!!!! Shocking!
Closed Thread