Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #166  

Evening, everyone! It has been a busy busy day! My neighbor was going to come over this morning and do water aerobics, but then I remembered Tom shocked the pool last night, so we had to wait until late this afternoon. We went out for coffee instead, then to the ceramic supply place for me to get a few things. We came back and I had lunch, then headed over to the church office where I sold one of my bowls! I let the friend of mine on staff choose which one he wanted, and he picked the one I thought he would pick! I was excited to make a sale! And he seemed to LOVE the bowl. He is going to give it to his wife for her birthday.

I came home, and my neighbor came over and we did an hour of water aerobics. Then I had to fix supper, and we just finished up cleaning up after the meal. I have more errands to run tomorrow, but I want to mix up some glazes, and get prepared to do another glaze kiln. I finished up eleven mugs last night, and I want to get them fired. (I THOUGHT I was making a dozen, but ditzy me counted wrong! ) I want to throw a dozen more tomorrow. Having mugs around to glaze, test glazes on, use as gifts, etc. is prudent in my book.

ERICSMOM: When does the therapy for Eric begin? I LOVE asparagus! Have you ever tried roasting it? You just drizzle a bit of olive oil on it, roll it to coat, sprinkle it with some coarse salt and roast at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. It is SO yummy! You can do green beans that way too. I hear you can do broccoli and cauliflower too, but I have not tried them yet.

BOB: You bodaciously awesome woman! It's good to have BOB back with us! Your job sounds SO good...worth getting laid off for, don't ya think?

BETH: Wow...how awesome is that? Run all that way, but not feel stiff or sore from it! You are my hero! Tell me how you trained?! Maybe I ought to set a goal of doing a run like that to get me going.

SOLLY: Hey, you were hobnobbing with the rich and famous there! The only famous person I ever got close to was Jimmy Carter. Oh, and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, but that doesn't really count since I knew her when she was a little kid and not famous. The experiment is for a weight loss product....there is a group of us that are doing it. It is controlled...three weeks of a careful diet, then the same diet exactly for the second three weeks, but with the weight loss product. If it works, I will be sure to let everyone know!

MELF: I sure hope that is the only reason why there were no posts for three days. Our little group has dwindled though...it worries me. I hope you make your weight loss goal for your vacation! Congrats on the loss!

ROSALIE: I sure hope you slept better last night! I hate when I can't sleep. Man, you sure stay busy! Badminton, walking, lawn bowling... Now about those fries...most places will sub something healthier for you if you ask. Just tell them you can't have the starches...you can fabricate an allergy...and tell yourself it is ok cause you break out in fat when you eat them. The hard part is that once you start those slips, it is very difficult to put on the brakes!

SEF: I had a sore throat for a couple days...and my daughter came home from work early today with the sore throat and congestion. She said she feels achy too. Guess it is something going around. I hope you feel better! I am sorry that you don't like the putting the strips together that much...but don't you just LOVE it when you finish and the project is done, complete! I love that point best of all!

THIN: Let me know if you are interested in getting together for coffee, lunch or something sometime this summer!

COUNTRY: What are you getting from the garden these days? Ours is still weeks away from producing anything! I am jealous!

I need to go check on some pots, then head off to bed. Good night everyone!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #167  
ericsmommy

Hi Everyone and good morning

I know l have been slipping in my posts,l am sorry just haven't found the time, l find a few minutes to read them but then l get lazy about posting.

Monet We are still waiting for Eric's theraphy to start, the school is working on hiring the staff for him now and since everyone in Calgary is understaffed we are not sure when that will be, hope fully in about another month. I am happy your bowl sold that must be so exciting. Do you have pictures of your stuff? I have a friend who loves bowls l might be interested in ordering one for her for her birthday, that is if you ship to Canada.

Solly sounds like you had a blast at the car races, all l know about the races is car 26 has a autistic daughter and he has the autism ribbon on his car.

Rosealie don't let the fries bring you down too much and just remember today is a new day so start over and try to eat right.

Self l hope you feel better soon and once u get your afgan done you can cuddle up inside of it with a hot cup of tea and that will make you feel better.

Everyone else have a great day and keep drinking water.

I am off to curves now and then over to watch my friends little autistic boy so she can go to the doctor, good thing Eric and Owen are both easy to watch.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #168  

Hi Mo! I am not sure if I posted these, but here they are. The brown one is the one I sold. I am sure I can ship to Canada...I would just have to figure out how to do it, and how much it would cost. That is sweet of you to consider it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brownbowl1.jpg (20.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg celadonbowl.jpg (16.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg celadonflowers.jpg (16.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-30-2007, 03:47 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi,

Late afternoon post. I think we are doomed not to exercise. we were going to do a tape using a ball last night and DH could not eget the DVD hooked up in the basement, then we took ti back upstairs and he could not get it hooked up there either. I did some squats while he was fooling around, but that was it. This morning I got up at 5:30 to do the and the stupid dog hates the thing and he barked his head off. So I got off and decided to take him for a quick walk. We got in about 1/2 mile. I was running out of time. Will go to the gym or take a long walk tonight.

Beth, you must have trained right not to be sore. That is great.

Monet, I will purchase my jug when you send it to me.

Bob, I'm so glad you are loving your job. It sounds great. Things happen for a reason.

Mo, I love the autism ribbon. I think it is pretty. I am noticing it on a lot more cars often. I just got a breast cancer license plate and I love it.

Oops! I can't switch pages w/o losing this post, so I am signing off. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Have a great day.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:48 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Monet, I love the bowls. I can't beleive how intricit the flower is. It is simply beautiful. Sure looks professional.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #171  

SOLLY: Yes, I am feeling rather guilty about the pot...I have had it partially packed for a month at least! I think I am having a problem shipping it because I am not all together pleased with it. Stupid me. I guess I will just make another one that I can be proud of sending to you. Do you have a favorite flower? I have an idea....and I think it is a good one! Thank you for being patient with me on this....
Old 05-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #172  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

I had a major meltdown yesterday but I'm over it now. I was up 7 pounds this week for no good reason so I just ate and ate and ate. This morning my hubby and I took the kids to a walking trail near out house. It was so fun to get outside again and to have company. I'm not a jogger but I did jog a little. My sweetie jogged half the mile and walked the other half. I still finished first because I walk fast...LOL

Monet..I'm will Solly. The bowl with the flower is so beautiful. All this rain is killing the garden. The squash, cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers are all a wash this year. My purple hulls are starting to seed so I'll have to see how they do. The okra doesn't really like all this rain either so I hope it makes it. The coolest thing is the pumpkin and white squash we put in the compost pile, they are HUGE plants.

Solly is your mouth healed now?

I'm SO sorry I can't get to everyone...gotta run. Each of you is AWESOME and an important part of this group. Thank you for sharing.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #173  
ericsmommy

Hi Monet

I love the brown one you sold, l love the colors in the bowl part, is there anyway you could try to duplicate it? dosen't have to be perfect just colors in the bowl part l love. can you send me a price to my email it's @@@@@@ I am very interested in purchasing one. they look like the perfect size.

Thanks Mo

Last edited by Ellen; 05-30-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #174  

Well, I had my last meeting for the school year this morning. However, since it is a new school opening next fall, there will be some meetings through the summer, but that's Ok with me. I'm just thrilled to have some time off to relax and do some things to the house that need done, like clean!!!!

I am getting a new refigerator and it is being delivered tomorrow!! We have one in our basement, so this afternoon Sean and I tried to get most of our stuff moved down there. Ours has been making a grinding noise for about a week and a half and Home Depot had a great deal on them this last weekend, so we went ahead and ordered one. Ours is 12.5 yrs old, so I guess its just time for a new one!

Have a great night everyone!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #175  

I got some more mugs and some creamers thrown. I will pull handles tomorrow.

MO: I sent you an email, and removed your email so trolls would not pick it up and start sending you junk.

COUNTRY: PLEASE send the rain here! It has been SO dry! There are forest fires in south Georgia for the first time in eons..and they are having prayer meetings in my husband's hometown praying for rain. The farmers are in trouble, can't plant, or what they planted early is dying. It is going to be a very bad year here for agriculture.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #176  
ericsmommy

Thanks Monet, for removing my email but l haven't received an email from you yet so maybe you typed it in wrong or l posted it wrong, if it don't show up by tomorrow we can try again, is there another way to get it to you without the board?

Mo

p.s Thin congrads on your new fridge, l know how exciting it is to get a new appliance.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #177  
ericsmommy

Hi Monet, I just recieived your email and sent a reply so forget my last post about not getting your email.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:27 AM   #178  

Good Morning all

I was up early this morning and went for a walk. Walked outside the mall for about 30 minutes then went off to do some early grocery shopping. I also went for a walk last night but it was very warm and humid so didn't walk too long - only about 20 minutes. My eating has been better since I last posted a few days ago. I've just finished making a couple of salads, one of which I will have for lunch. Not sure what I will have with it yet. Maybe I will open the can of ham that I have in my fridge. Bf. was oatbran cereal with fresh strawberries and an apple.

Monet - Your bowls are beautiful. The restaurant where I had the fries the other day do have lots of better choices, like salads, veggies, cole slaw. It was a planned cheat, albeit not a very wise one. . But it fixed my craving for a while. So I am back on track again.

CountryMom - I hope that 7 pounds was just water weight and is gone by now. That's good that you were able to get out and walk with the family. It's so much more enjoyable when you have company for walking.

Solly - How is the mouth? Hope it is better. I had to laugh about your DVD problems. It can be so frustrating trying to hook them up. I took the easy way out and bought myself a new one to go with the new tv in my computer room. My other one is kind of old anyway - excuses, excuses. Hope you were able to get to the gym last night.

BOB - Glad you like your new job.

Greetings to everyone I have missed. Have to go and check the dryer and get in the shower. Will be going bowling after lunch.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:51 PM   #179  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

Howdy ya'll. The scales are still up so I guess it is just what it is. Hopefully I'll get to the store and get some fresh veggies and fruit in the house.

Monet..I'd share it if I could. We are suppose to get rain again this afternoon. Praying for you and the others touched by the dry weather. The last few years Texas fell short and was in a drought. Hay prices went through the roof. I can imagine the implications on Georgia's peaches and other cash crops.

Rosalie...thank you. It was fun with the kiddos. I think I should stick to walking, my shins are sore...LOL Strawberries sound yummy. Tomorrow or Sat. we are suppose to go pick blueberries down the road. We go once a year when they are in season. I'd love to get some to start growing here but we have clay and they prefer a sandy loam.

Thin...yeah! Enjoy your down time.

Bob...congrats on the new job. It sounds wonderful. Especially that they pay for your insurance. You wouldn't believe how much we have to pay to have insurance. I always tease hubby and tell him we pay so much for insurance we can't afford to use it.

Toni...how did your test go? Are you lurking..pop in and say howdy if you are. ((hugzz))

Solly...I hope you are having a good week and not working too hard.

Tech..Beth..Fruit..EricsMommy...howdy...((hugzz))

If I missed somebody please know it is not on purpose.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #180  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi everyone!! I've been over on General Chatter talking about hockey and American Idol and now the upcoming Harry Potter media. (movie and book) Just wanted to pop in and say hi

My Sabres failed in the playoffs, so now we have Ottawa and Anaheim playing for the Stanley Cup. I'm watching, but it's no fun without my Sabres.

I got a call from Shelley's summer marching band leader asking if I'd do Colorguard. I said I would. But I have a feeling I may regret it as practices in July are 7-9 am!! Just when I thought I'd be sleeping in! Anyhow...it's only till mid July and then it's done. I'm keeping it simple, that's for sure!

Kyle FINALLY got an award today for reading a book to his class about the life cycle of a chick. They have an incubator with a bunch of eggs in it and I thought it would be appropriate. So..they usually send home a note to the parents when a kid is getting an award so we can go watch them get it, but they 'forgot' to send me one so I missed it. The principal called me and apologized and said he'd get a copy of the video for me to keep at home. So, that's almost better so I can always have it. I'm just sad Kyle got an award and I wasn't there to see him get it. Oh, well...he didn't seem too bothered by it.

Okay folks..gotta get dinner on. I'll try and pop in here more often. Its amazing how much just workign two days a week sucks up so much of your time!!
Closed Thread