Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #121  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

OOPS...I better call her because she said ok when I said Monday????

Guess it's Tuesday then...Thanks Thin...I'd of been by myself wouldn't I???

BOB
Old 05-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #122  

Just as I was writing that to Thin, the phone rang and it was my new Boss...laughing, I told here what we were just discussing and that's why she called....so......I'll start Tuesday!!!

BOB
Old 05-21-2007, 03:16 PM   #123  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation

GOOOOOOOOOO BOB!!!

Congrats!!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #124  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

WTG Bob!!!! I'm SO happy for you.

Monet...your little man is adobrable with a capital A.

Solly...because of our weather I didn't get as many beans as last year but I can't complain. I was able to put some in the freezer. I'm glad you mentioned herbs I'm still searching for my cuban oregano. I'm gonna try the Bonnie Nursery online. They are the ones that shipped to Wal-Mart in the past. Ouchie on the hot grease. I hope you feel better soon.

It looks like rain is on the way. I sure hope the clothes dry on the line before it lets loose. I lost the pound I regained last week. So I'm pretty much holding even for the last two weeks. With all the stress of court and things I guess I'll be happy with that.

I hope each of ya'll is having a GREAT week so far.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #125  

Howdy all..... I'm so excited cause Bob got a job. Yea for you. Monet your grandson is adorable. What beautiful hair he has. Solly I'm so sorry about your mouth. I can't imagine how awful that was. Things have been so hectic here. We took off for my stress test at the crack of dawn a couple weeks ago and hit a deer and totaled our car. We've been running around trying to find something we can afford to replace it and have settled on a truck. Hopefully we'll get the money from the insurance company this week and can settle it and pick up our truck. Then my DIL and Gk's came for a short visit from Texas. They left this morning. I'm sure sorry to see them go. My eating hasn't been great. Beth its good to see you back. CountryMom I'm glad you got your beans picked and frozen. Thin sounds like you have a good summer planned. I'm finally getting little tomatoes on my bushes. I'm loaded with hummingbirds. Guess I'll go. Have a good evening. Got to feed my face....
Old 05-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #126  
ericsmommy

Condgrads BOB on your new job, you must be so excited.
Monet your GS is beautiful
Toni I hope you get your new truck soon, sorry about your accident.
We had a nice holiday monday just stayed home as it was snowing this morning here, not cold enough for it to stay though. Having WW speggetti for dinner with salad. DH is taking me away to Montana in 2 weeks to celebrate our anniversary, l am excited cause we are also gonna look for a bike trailer there cause Calgary has none and they are about 100 bucks cheaper in Montana. Were taking Eric with us as we have no family here but thats ok as our hotel has a pool and he loves swimming. We are also going to Olive Garden on our anniversary without Eric and l can't wait my favorite resturant and just DH and I so it will be very nice.

EVeryone else have a great week and remember tomorrow is another day.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #127  

Thanks everyone....How good is it to get your first day at a new job off????

It's like the HOLIDAY is JUST FOR ME!!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:15 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

I ended up going to the doctor yesterday afternoon. I started feeling really bad and called the doc that does our compensation cases just to ask if there was anything I should do and he insisted I run in there. He said I have 2nd & 3rd burns in my mouth. He gave me an antibotic to take for infection. I keep them greased up and that helps. I think my lips are going down some today. I guess it will take time.

Bob: I am so happy for you. Things happen for a reason and this may be the perfect job for you. Now stay well so you don't have to miss any work.

Monet, Kaeleb has the most beautiful eyes. He has grown so much. Adorable.

Country, Court? Did I miss something?

Toni, sorry about your accident. I take it no one was hurt (other than the deer).

Thin, enjoy your last week of shcool at your old place.

Mo, Snow? Where are you? How nice to get away, that's always fun.

Better get busy here. Have a great day.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #129  

Good Morning all

I didn't get out for my walk this morning. Was feeling kind of lazy but I did lots of walking yesterday. I went downtown and browsed the shops all afternoon then walked down to the harbourfront and walked around there. It was almost 6 p.m. when I got home. I just had time for a quick dinner (leftover chicken curry and rice) then I was off to lawn bowling. Not much doing to-day. May go to the store later to return something and to visit my dd. If I am back in time will go to badminton this evening.

BOB - Congrats on getting the job. I am very happy for you.. You must be on .

Solly - I really feel for you. There is nothing worse than a sore mouth.

Gotta run. By dil is at the door. Will be back later to finish.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:56 AM   #130  

Hello all my buster buddies! I am so sorry I have been MIA most of the time lately. I fly by and then never get on for a proper post. I am doing a proper post now because it is an excellent way to procrastinate on house cleaning. My sister in law is coming tonight and my house has been a disaster area for months. I have SO much to do, but I went to the gym last night late, and overworked. My muscles are screaming at me, and it is not helping the trying to clean. I bent over to pick up the baby's toys, and thought I was not going to be able to get back up!

Breakfast this morning was a mini ww bagel with cream cheese. I need to find something with protein too. I had intended to have a smoothie until I saw how little milk we have. I have not decided what to cook for dinner, so I thought I better leave as much milk as I can in case I need it.

SOLLY: Oh, OUCH. Your burns sound so horrible. I hope and pray they heal very quickly. I am glad you went to the doctor and got some antibiodics.

ROSALIE: I have been feeling lazy lately too. Do you suppose it is the weather? A sunspot? It seems lately it is all I can do to drag myself up and out....

BOB: CONGRATS on the job! That is awesome! And to have a holiday the first day is just FUN. I hope you love it there.

ERICS: I hope you have a great time on your trip to Montana! Such pretty country up there! What are you going to order at Olive Garden??? Planning ahead will help you stay on program.

TONI: I am so relieved that you were not hurt in that accident! I hope you can get the truck soon. It is amazing what damage running into a deer can do. And they are NOT that large!

COUNTRY: I am with Solly...court? Is it something to do with the grandbaby? Did you plant another batch of green beans? I know there are varieties that will keep producing all summer. We try to find that kind to plant.

BETH: My A1C was 6.1 too! I am sure the next time I have it taken, it will be higher because my levels have been running higher. Its like the effectiveness of the Byetta is wearing off. I need to go through a bunch of stupid stuff now on this new insurance before I can see the diabetes doctor again.

THIN: Which lake are you going to camp at? We used to love to go camping with the kids. North Georgia is so dry this year, I heard there is a ban on ALL campfires, so you may have to carry all canned foods that don't have to be heated.

SEF: Where are you? I hope you are recovering quickly from the bumps and bruises of that accident......miss you!

Ok, off to do another 15 minute round of cleaning. I figure I can take it in 15 minute increments. Right? Wish me luck!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #131  

We'll be on Lake Lanier. It's called Shady Grove and is off of Hwy. 369 just over 400 towards Gainesville. It is only about 25-30 min from home, so we can run by if needed. Most of our cooking is done on our coleman stove, but I'm going to miss having that campfire!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #132  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

The scales were really nice this morning. Lets see if it sticks..LOL It has been raining most of the morning. When I went outside I was surprised to see the hummers feeding in the rain. It was sooo cool. There were about 15 of them. Sometimes there are up close to 30 which is hard to believe since I only have two trees in the yard. I have 3 feeders and I have to refill them about every other day. Sometimes a little sooner.

Monet and Solly...my son is fighting for custody of his daughter and we have been trying to get a hearing and it keeps getting postponed. But we did get a visit and it was been such a blessing to spend time with her. We are going to see her today.

Monet I hope your back starts to feeling better. It is so hard to function much less work when the back is out of wack.

Solly..I'm so glad your mouth isn't worse. It still sounds SO painful. ((hugzz))

EricsMommy...happy aniversary. I hope you have a fantastic time without the little one.

Rosalie...I wish you could pass some of your motivation on to me. I really needto get walking again. It is okay you took a day to rest. Sometimes we need that. It's not lazy just tired. ((hugzz))

Bob...LOL I love it. A holiday just for Bob.

Thin..hang in there..it is almost over.

Toni...I'm so glad ya'll weren't hurt.

I gotta run, tons to do before I leave.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-22-2007, 02:13 PM   #133  

Ya'all would be so proud of me! I cleaned! I actually got lots done. I still need to do more....

And I got a wonderful idea for dinner. Chicken Piccatta. I found an awesome recipe. Unfortunately, it calls for capers, (essential!!), fresh lemons (I could fudge on that and use bottled juice), and chicken broth (fresh out! dang!). I don't have a car today, so its back to the drawing board. I have six chicken fillets thawing. Any ideas? I need them FAST... haha!

Ok, back to work!

COUNTRY: I am SO glad you got to visit with your grandbaby. I am going to be praying it all works out well. Its awful when one parent is spiteful like that. It hurts the child so much!
Old 05-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #134  

HELLO EVERY BUDDY!!

OK...Now that I've got me lip back off the ground (sorry Jackie) I've got to get back to posting! I'm so excited about my job. I'll be scheduling surgeries, doing authorizations (insurance), benefits etc. No uniforms, but eventually, they want to wear either black pants and button downs or kakki and button downs. I went ahead and ordered some from Silhouettes and they should be here by the end of the week. I haven't talked to her about my tennis shoes, but Dr Kennedy (the dr I'm working for) is the one who had me start wearing them years ago when I tore my meniscus.
I went to Kmart today to get a new fan for my office. While I was there, I spent over $200....just little odds and ends PLUS...I also picked up the PATCH to quite smoking...about time I did that again..especially since I won't be able to get out to smoke at the new job. A ten minute break in the morning , lunch and ten minute break in the afternoon. So I'm taking this time to do this...I just hope I have an easy time like last time. The oldie people will remember...it just took me one month and I was forgetting to put on my patch so I said "what the heck" and quite using the patch...quit for 18mo and then just for no reason started back... So HERE I GO AGAIN!!! WISH ME LUCK!!

BOB
Old 05-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #135  

Dinner is done and my sister in law is gone. She adored the baby. She fed him his supper and played with him. Thankfully, he was in a good mood. I got a call from Tom about 4:30 telling me that the car was NOT going to be done today, so I will not have a car again tomorrow. I made him stop at the store and get me capers, lemons and chicken broth, as well as a bag of ww pasta. I made the chicken piccatta and it turned out scrumptillyiscous! I will definitely be making that again. I used ww flour to lightly dredge the chicken cutlets, and it worked really well.

I got a kiln loaded up during one of my breaks today, so I will fire it tomorrow. While it is firing, I will try throwing some more stuff. I really want to get some decent stuff done. My SIL told me tonight I was too hard on myself. She may be right, but I really think most of what I make is not good enough.

Well, no car tomorrow means no water aerobics in the morning. Bummer!

Talk to you all tomorrow! Night!

BOB: You can do it! Just keep telling yourself how much easier it will be to breathe without the damage smoking does to your lungs. I quit over 30 years ago, and I am so glad I did! Now cigarette smoke literally makes me sick.

Closed Thread