Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

Yesterday was one of those days that was stressful before it even started and last almost all day. I got a call at 4:21 a.m. that my mom was taking my step dad to the er. We had only been in bed a couple of hours so I was dragging. Praise God it turned out not to be too serious. Then there were other things happening most of the day. Eating really wasn't too bad but there was the reflex to eat away the stress.

Sef...it is never a burden to share what is pressing on your mind. I'm so glad you are starting to feel better. ((hugzz))

Melf...awesome with the walking! We had rain last night again. The weeds are loving it..LOL

Monet...I hope that Gator decides to come back. I know I've asked before but I'm SO forgetful at times...how old is that precious grand baby now?

Rosalie...I'm so sorry you lost your big post. I know how frustrating that can be. Were you able to find the hinges your were looking for? It is amazing how something like hinges or knobs can really change the look of your cabinets.

Tech...my mom has a dog that could use an antibark collar. You'll have to let us know if it ends up working.

Solly...hope you are having tons of fun.

Bob and Fruit....((hugzz))

Any lurkers...welcome and come on in and say howdy.

Time to get moving...err...

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #17  

Well, I have accomplished zilch, nil, nada today. I did throw a few pots while my neighbor was here to trim hers. I busted up my big bowl since it got a crack in the bottom.

I am still dragging...and I can't tell you why! I should not be THAT tired! But I am! I just drank a second diet coke in hopes it would help, but it hasn't.

COUNTRY: Kaeleb is nine months now. He has started crawling and getting into things. I NEED to clean this house! tee hee!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #18  

Hi Everyone

This is the first chance I have had to post to-day. Had a visit from my dil this morning for coffee and a chat after she dropped the kiddos off to school then I was off to bowling for the rest of the morning. After that it was shopping for a few things. I came home, had lunch, put some turkey breast in the crockpot with some sauce and veggies. Just when I was ready to sit down for a while with a book I had a call from a friend who was having trouble with his computer. So off I went to try to help him. I'm no computer expert (I always call on my ds when I have any problems I can't solve) but was able to help him a little. So I come home about 4.30 then he comes over later to try and fix my leaking bathroom taps. He's just gone home to pick up a couple of more tools to try and finish the job. It will probably mean a run to the hardware store when he gets it all apart. I guess dinner will be very late tonite. The turkey is well cooked by now but still have to cook the veggies and rice.

Sef - You made me smile when you said about your ds asking if you had been in the pool whe you were standing in a wet bathing suit. I can remember my Mom getting really ticked off with my Dad when any of us came home in the pouring rain and he would say "did you get wet."

CountryMom - Yes I did find the hinges. I picked up a few yesterday but had to go to another branch of the store to pick up the rest to-day.

Gotta run. My helper is back.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #19  

Morning! I have just a few minutes left of it...

I got in from the gym about 30 minutes ago. I have Kaeleb, so I had to feed him some lunch and put him down for a nap. Now I have some free time (I hope..he is still talking in there)

I did my water aerobics. The instructor today is not as tough as the one on M and W, but she is really nice.

It is over cast and gray out. I hope it does rain, we need it!

We opened the pool last night! Yay! Now I can do water aerobics at home here on the off days.

I will check in later!
Old 05-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

Man am I tired this morning. I woke early and no one was up so I decided to have some quiet time instead of sleep. Last night I made a turkey meatloaf for dinner. The kids thought it was a hit but hubby didn't care for it too much.

The board is SO quiet. Is everyone busy for the summer or being discouraged? I'm thinking of each of you and hope to see you back at the board soon if you are peeking in. ((hugzz))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 05-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #21  
sef

Good afternon,

COUNTRY. your rain has made it to LA! We are having heavy rains and flooding in most areas. Not a good day for arthur!

The only thing I've done is defrost my fridge and write a letter to my niece. Just not a good day. I spent a lot of time looking for a brown envelope that has an antique list of things for DD and DS. I thought I knew exactly where it was, but it's not! Have gone through files and drawers to no avail. If I make one mistake and say something is for DS instead of DD I will hear about it big time. Oh well, such is life. I'll find it when I least expect to.

TECH: Have often wondered how effective some of those high tech gadgets are,,,apparently not too good. I am always tempted by the carpet of flower seeds, just roll out water and presto! flowers. Mentioned it to a friend and she said presto! no flowers. She had succumbed to the temptation and bought it.i

MELF: Rain didn't come yesterday so did get in the pool. It was warmer than day before. This rain will cool it down quite a bit so will be a couple of days before I'll try again.

MONET: I've seen those veggie chips but assumed they were illegal. Will have to check them out. I have used the soy chips. I should have cleaned house today but arthur said no-no, so hopefully tomorrow will be better day for me. I told my DD that gas was 2.69 here and she thought that was cheap! More expensive in MD.

Well I see you didn't get the housework done. You have been not up to par for a while now. maybe you need some sulfur and molasses. That's supposed to perk you up according to my Grandmother.

Be glad to send this rain on to you. We too need rain but it is getting ridiculous! A pool is a good thing, have fun exercising!

COUNTRY: Seems to be a bad news days for steps. I got a call yesterday that my stpempther is not doing too well. She is 87 and was going strong for a long time. Glad your stepdad isn't in any immediate danger. Also that you managed not to do a lot of stress eating.

I find if I wake up there's no use lying there as I only toss and turn anyway, so I get up. That means Bitsy has to get up too and she wants to go out. Some mornings it is very pleasant sitting out on the deck thinking quiet thoughts while she runs around checking everything out.

ROSALIE: I can't solve my own computer problems but I have helped others off and on over the years. They think I'm smart....not! Isn't it funny how a word or phrase can trigger memories? A smile is nice. Did your friend get the taps fixed?

Nothing exciting to write about. Here's a FF.
In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of Poop.

However, we do not run that risk when drinking wine (or rum, whiskey, beer or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember:

Water = Poop
Wine = Health

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of ****.

There's no need to thank me for this valuable information; I'm doing it as a public service.
---------------------and another---------------

A woman was at work when she received a phone call that her small daughter was very sick with a fever. She left her work and stopped by the pharmacy to get some medication.

She got back to her car and found that she had locked her keys in the car.

She didn't know what to do, so she called home and told the baby sitter what had happened.

The baby sitter told her that the fever was getting worse. She said, "You might find a coat hanger and use that to open the door."

The woman looked around and found an old rusty coat hanger that had been left on the ground, possibly by someone else who at some time had locked their keys in their car.

She looked at the hanger and said, "I don't know how to use this."

She bowed her head and asked God to send her help. Within five minutes a beat up old motorcycle pulled up, with a dirty, greasy, bearded man who was wearing an old biker skull rag on his head.

The woman thought, "This is what you sent to help me?" But, she was desperate, so she was also very thankful.

The man got off of his cycle and asked if he could help. She said, "Yes, my daughter is very sick. I stopped to get her some medication and I locked my keys in my car.

I must get home to her. Please, can you use this hanger to unlock my car?

He said, "Sure." He walked over to the car, and in less than a minute the
car was opened.

She hugged the man and through her tears she said, "Thank You So Much! You are a very nice man."

The man replied, "Lady, I am not a nice man. I just got out of prison today. I was in prison for car theft and have only been out for about an hour."

The woman hugged the man again and with sobbing tears cried out loud, "Oh,
Thank you God! You even sent me a Professional!"

Is - GOD GOOD - or what ! ! ! !

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 05-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #22  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, this isn't a Friday Funny, but more of Friday confidence check of sorts. It may be a tiny bit religious, but I don't think any of our regulars or newbies mind that. Enjoy and have a great weekend if I get too busy to come back and chat!!

REMEMBER
Someone will always be prettier.
Some will always be smarter.
Some of their houses will be bigger.
Some will drive a better car.
Their children will do better in school.
And their husband will fix more things around the house.
So let it go,
and love you and your circumstances.
Think about it!
The prettiest woman in the world can have **** in her heart.
And the most highly favored
woman on your job may be unable to have children.
And the richest woman you know,
she's got the car, the house, the clothes~~~~
might be lonely.
And the word says, "If I have not Love, I am nothing."
So, again, love you.
Love who you are.
Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say,
"I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed, to be
disappointed!"
"Winners make things happen~~
Losers let things happen."
Be "blessed" ladies~~~~~
and pass this on to encourage another woman.
"To the world you might be one person,
but to the one person you just sent this to,
it could mean so much."

Last edited by Ellen; 05-04-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #23  
sef

TECH: Words to live by. Thank you for sharing

Keep a song in your heart and good things will happen, Shirley

Last edited by sef; 05-04-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #24  

oh no!! just lost my post!! well I'm too tired to do it over so
Old 05-04-2007, 11:16 PM   #25  

Hey everyone! The wedding rehearsal tonight drove me near about crazy. The girl directing did not know what she was doing, and they took THREE hours to rehearse! Sheesh! To top it off the bride kept changing things about the ceremony. I would have had them in and out in under an hour. They were expecting the tables and chairs to be set up but no one knew who was supposed to do it. They better not have expected me to have that done...I ended up helping the folks trying to do it because I had nothing better to do. Tomorrow is going to drive me stark raving mad.

I never really got dinner, so I just had a brown rice cake and some pb&j. My bg was bad even with not eating. sigh.

MELF: I am sorry you lost your post! I hate when that happens.

SEF: I hope you can find that envelope! I hate when I can't find stuff that I KNOW I put in a safe place!

COUNTRY: I used to make a chicken meatloaf that was good. I did not make it like beef meatloaf, but used spices and such that was more like chicken. I may have to try that again! Its been ages.

TECH: I hope you don't mind, but I edited your post and enlarged the font so I could read it. Great piece! Thanks for sharing.

ROSALIE: Did you get your leaking faucets all fixed? Leaky plumbing is a sore spot around here! Poor Tom spent almost a year working on replumbing the house because we had that awful polybutylene pipe that breaks really easily. He has about five feet left to do in the garage, and it sure was a pain! At least now the copper is more stable.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #26  

Good Afternoon

I've had a sore throat the last few days and runny nose and eyes. At first I thought it might be a cold coming but now am convinced it is allergies. This morning my throat was so dry and I had trouble swallowing anything. It's always worse when I first wake up. After I got going I did go out to the mall for a walk but just did a couple of laps slowly. I would say more of a stroll than a walk. After lunch I went to the bank then on to Walmart and bought myself a couple of nighties. I was a little ticked off as I bought myself a towelling zippered lounging coat a few weeks a go in another store and paid $35 for it. Walmart had an identical thing for $16.98. .

Monet - I didn't get the taps fixed yet. We got most of it apart but couldn't get the inner cartridge out as we didn't have the right tools. I have someone coming to install my new vanity and sink next week so I am going to ask him to do it.

Sef - Thanks for the FFs. They gave me a smile.

Tech - I liked your poem.

Melf - Maybe someone will figure out one day why our posts sometimes disappear into cyberspace.

Have to go and take stuff out of the washing machine and get showered and hair washed as I am going out to a dinner tonite. I'll try to be good!
Old 05-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #27  
sef

Hi,

I'm pooped, housework can be hard. I took down swag in sitting room, dusted all the blinds in my rooms, dusted the walls, vacuumed and did the bathroom. Then I realized I didn't do the fans! As MONET would say, grrr.

I did find that list. Not where I swore it was, but in the bottom of the bedroom closet. I don't even know why I looked there. I don't remember placing it there. Oh well, more senior moments. Anytime you forget something you have that excuse!

My back, hip and shoulder ache. I am going to leave the swag down and ask DD to put it up for me. Give her something to bellyache about. Couple of years ago I asked her to help me by taking the depression glass off the high shelf so I could wash it and she could put it back. Wasn't happy. Thought DS or DIL should have done it. I told her they do everything for me and I thought she would want to help me a little too. You know that lead balloon?

MELF: You'd think one of us here could figure out why we lose our posts. We all seem to lose it at some point in time.

MONET: I am not a super duper precise person, but I like some semblance of order in something like a wedding rehearsal. I would have been gritting my teeth and saying bad things under my breath and probably out loud! But you are such a good person, I admire your aplomb. I like rice cakes and PB&J but doesn't sound like a real meal. Read above about my envelope.

Rosalie: Poor lady with the allerfies! I don't have those kind of allergies but GD does and she has the same symptoms as you. I just hate it when something is cheaper in another place, or it goes on sale after I paid full price. Some stores will return the difference between full price and sale price if asked to within a certain time limit. Hope the pollen flies away and you feel better.

Right now we are being invaded by Lovebugs. They are everywhere!

Oh by the way, Vicki and I didn't do bad! We were worried about doing a two woman show when we are used to the others behind us. But doggone it we weren't a flop! Did pretty good. We do the same thing Monday at Trinity Rehab and NH.

I thought it was nice, Jeff called from CA to see how we made out. Said he had no doubts about us being AOK!

Nothing exciting to write about. I took three extra strength Ibruprofen and am going to my recliner and rest.

Keep a song in your heart, Shirley
Old 05-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #28  

Well, I survived the wedding. I will not go into it, but all I can say is I am VERY glad it is over! We did not go down and eat food at the reception. I would have if the bride, or her mother had invited us to, but they did not. There was TONS of food left over, as they were planning on 200 and only about 120 showed up.

I am beat, and I need to go find something to eat. I slept poorly so I intend to climb in bed early tonight. I hope I feel more chipper tomorrow.

Night!
Old 05-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #29  
sef

Doesn't sound like the wedding was a popular one if 80 guests faiked to show! What happened to all the leftovers? How mean spirited not to offer you a plate!

Hope you have a good rest.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 05-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #30  

Morning! Another poor night of sleeping. Tom came to bed hours after I did. I had a blow up in the kiln that has depressed me greatly. I am so frustrated about it! I never had this problem before and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it.

I will be back.

SEF: I don't think they were being mean...just clueless. Didn't think of it or something. Dealing with the mother, I can see why folks did not show up. She was a trip.
Closed Thread